Out of The Blue - CN BLUE part 1

My Bestfriend's Wedding

Friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else. -Len Wein

 

Baeksang 53th, 2017

Shin Hye analyzed her shadow in the mirror. "Do I look gorgeous?" She sighed.

Manager Yun smiled, "You are the most beautiful," he remarked.

"But do I look chubby? Fat? People said I'm chubby," Shin Hye moaned.

"Ani, ani, you look gorgeous, believe me. Chubby, slim, skinny are just our outer appearance, the most important is inside here," He tapped his chest. Shin Hye giggled as they both hopped in to the rented limousine.

"What about Seung Gi? Have you two decided when to announce your engagement withdrawal?" Yun oppa said worriedly.

Shin Hye startled by manager Yun's remarks. She inhaled some air to regain her composure.

"What do you think oppa? Which one is better, we announce it before or after the drama? I'm worried about our fan reaction," Shin Hye threw her gaze to the mist of doubt.

"Ah, about this, fans they may come and go, but you are still the same you, if you kept worrying about your fan's reaction then you'll ruin your own happiness. Because there will always be pros and antis in everything. Anyway Seung Gi has this sense," Yun Oppa knocked his head. "He's genius, you can ask him," he smiled on Shin Hye who was determinedly listening to his advice.

Shin Hye got pensive, yes, she couldn't stop admiring the way that night Seung Gi convinced their parents as if he himself who decided to cancel the engagement for our own good.

Shin Hye reached the red carpet. And as planned for their past drama ‘Opposite Attractions’ sake, Seung Gi was already there waiting for her, looking cool and handsome as usual. They will be seated at the same table with all the cast of the ‘Opposite Attractions’, plus Im Yoona who currently casted as Seung Gi’s co-star on their latest still airing drama ‘Love Train’.

She hopped off of the car and instantly laced her arms to Seung Gi's sleeve.

"Oppa, today I'm going to tell Yong Hwa the surprise," she talked and giggled as they walked on the red carpet.

"Ne," Seung Gi answered politely yet sadly.

"Oppa, gweanchanha?" She turned her eyes on Seung Gi upon hearing his weak voice. That was when her eyes unintentionally bumped on CN Blue member who walked behind, posing and smiling to the press. 

Shin Hye spotted Yong Hwa, who watched her with his wry look. What happened to that guy? She spoke inward. Didn’t I text him about the red carpet scenario? She sighed.

It had been almost two weeks that she couldn't reach Yong Hwa, even by phone. Whenever she called him, Jong Hyun always the one who answered only to tell hyung was busy or else he didn't pick up at all.

She texted him. 'Yong Hwa ... Ah I mean oppa kkkk, how sweet if I can call you oppa anytime and anywhere, but I think I need more time until officially I'll be able to call you oppa. Yong oppa, please slip a moment for me between your busy schedule, I think we need to talk. Miss You. Saranghae.''

But again no answer so she kept on texting him. She trusted him thus she always keep her mind positive, that the guy she love was being too busy even to pick her call or to respond her messages.

 

2 weeks ago in Photo Session

"What?"

"Ooh," he raised his chin and stared at me with his cocky aura. "I will announce it publicly for you," he exclaimed.

I was flattered yet cringed at Yong Hwa's obvious ire.

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye stopped glaring on each other when Seung Gi approached. Quickly the sophisticated mature man handed his phone to his fiancé.

"Eomma," Seung Gi whispered to Shin Hye, brushed her cheek then turned his eyes on Yong Hwa and fake smiled him awkwardly. Yong Hwa groggily nodded. 

Yong Hwa's people then came fixing his hair, make up and preparing his next outfit.

I took a glimpse at Yong Hwa, he turned his back ignoring me.


Yong Hwa

"Sieomeoni, I miss you," I heard her greeting to Seung Gi's mother. I turned my back on her. An inconceivable pain stabbed my heart. 

I knew she loves me but that wasn't enough, I wanted her to be officially mine, I wanted her talking on the phone with my mother instead of Seung Gi's.

But Seung Gi had always dragged her away pulling her closer to him, now he used the power of the elders.

I knew Shin Hye is a filial person, she would never betray her promise to Seung Gi's parents and her parents as well.   

Aargh, I screamed inward. My raging heart had out matched my conscience. I made my move, shoved away, and breached my staff to reach Seung Gi whom was watching Shin Hye attentively.

I regained my composure, took a deep breath and grasped his shoulder. He impelled my hand and abruptly turned his body facing me.

"Mwo? Wae?" He asked vigorously.

I stared at him, "I don't want to waste your time, I have said this once and I want to say it again. I love Shin Hye," I hissed under my breath knowing too much eyes were on us.

"So?"


Back to Baeksang 53th, 2017

"Hyung smile," Jong Hyun warned  and led me to smile to the cameras.

I on the other hand was busy watching Shin Hye and that Seung Gi guy walking with her hand laced on his sleeve.

"Two timers," I murmured.

"Mwo Hyung?" Min Hyuk happened to hear my words.

"Aish, let's just smile and pose," I hissed facing my self to the camera.

 

Back again to 2 weeks ago at Photo Shoot Venue

I stared at him, "I don't want to waste your time, I have said this once and I want to say it again. I love Shin Hye," I hissed under my breath knowing too much eyes were on us.

"So?"

 

"She loves me too," I added still in the same volume.

Shin Hye who stood only about three meters away was in shock seeing me and Seung Gi glared at each other. She ran closer.

"Oppa," she whispered to Seung Gi rounding her hand around his sleeve. "Yong Hwa ah," she glared at me.

"It's oppa to you," I reminded her with eyes still glued on Seung Gi..

"What was that?" Seung Gi barked and pointed at me sardonically.

"Oppa, please, too many people here," Shin Hye whispered

"I love her and she loves me," I said coldly.

"Is that true Shin Hye?" Seung Gi asked for her confirmation without even looking at her.

"Oppa," her voice was taken a back.

 

Jong Hyun who had just reached the photo shoot's venue quickly shoved all spectators away upon seeing such scene occur in front of him.


"Tell him Shin Hye," I commanded her. My voice somehow raised Seung Gi's anger. "Who are you?" He moved closer. "Don't you dare commanding her, she has her own mind," he hissed.

"Oppa, Yong Hwa ah, I hate you!" Shin Hye whispered unhooked her hand from Seung Gi and ran away with tears on her eyes.

"Mwo?" Seung Gi jolted almost shouting, "Shin Hye," he shouted trying to stop her.

I quickly ran following Shin Hye, but Jong Hyun blocked me.

"Give her some times to think," he said wisely.


Shin Hye

I ran over to Seung Gi's van only to find it was locked. I stomped and sobbed in desperation.

I need to be alone. I have to think clear. Aargh, I really hate them for acting like a kid. 

And Yong Hwa, why should he provoke Seung Gi oppa, why didn't he trust me that I will tell him when the time is right.


I banged my body agaist the van hoping it would release some of my anxieties.

"Don't cry," a deep voice consoled me. 

"Let's talk," Seung Gi hugged me, and led me to his van.




"You really love him don't you," he added nonchalantly.

"Oppa," I moaned driven by guilt.

"I knew it. I've tried so hard to pull you closer," Seung Gi sighed. "But fate dragged you to him," he then smiled.

"Oppa, mianhae," I muttered.

"Do you ah... Did you ever love me?" He stared at me ignoring my apology.

"Oppa, I... I..."

"I thought so too," he nodded. "You never love nor loved me," Seung Gi laughed weakly.

I took a deep breath, "Oppa tell me why do you love me?" I hold his hand softly like he was a vulnerable china.

He flinched and made a voice "I... I like everything about you, I felt comfortable around you," he answered in an unsure tone.

"And why did we end up engage to each other?" He asked.

"Oppa, it happened so fast, I trully trully admire you, honestly, I mean you influenced me in a good way, to be a better person in this and that, in everything," I sighed.

"But oppa, I think our engagement is wrong," I shrugged my shoulder.

"Why?"

"Because... I see you as my oppa, sibling oppa," I confessed.

"But why did you say yes at the first time," Seung Gi frowned.

"Because, because, I was unsure about my feelings to you oppa and to Yong Hwa. I confused my admiration to you as love, and I confused my love to Yong Hwa as friendship."

"And what makes you think you didn't confuse anything now?" Seung Gi smirked.

I wanted to say this to answer his question. 'Oppa, I'm sure because I think about him and he thinks about me night and day. I'm his inspiration while his smile is my fuel. I long for his kiss while he is always lacking of my warm embrace. To make it short, I'm happy, sad, jealous, even aroused whenever he's around and he did too.

But I couldn't hurt Seung Gi oppa no more so I said, "Oppa, he needs me more than you need me," instead. Tears started forming on my eyes.

He smiled lightly. "Then I'm jilted, out of love."

"Oppa," I moan again.

"Ah, no need to feel guilty Shin Hye ah, this is how life evolves. Though I felt you are being unfair to me, but I love you, and my dignity told me to put your happiness above mine because of love," Seung Gi sipped his last coffee.

"I will help you explain this to our parents on our dinner tonight. Ok Shin Hye?"

I nodded.

"Don't cry. You have to finish your photo session. Ah, and I will leave now. My heart can't endure more suffering now seeing you and Yong hwa together," he sighed.

"Oppa, mianhae," I muttered.

Seung Gi smiled. “It’s Ok.”

 

"Thank you for loving me. Bye oppa, until our dinner time, saranghae," I peck his cheek.

I walked back to the photo session venue, smiling and chuckling. My heart was light and extremely happy. I wanted to share this with Yong Hwa.

 


 

mianhae for too late up date... i hope you will enjoy this chapter... next chapter will be the part 2... more intense, more misunderstanding, more jealousy, more surprise from both Yong Hwa and Shin Hye ..... thank you for the never ending support from all of you

saranghae - fonsa