Marry me now or Never

My Bestfriend's Wedding

 

“Tsk, do you think he’s stupid? By the time you think of dragging me to those police, he would have leaked it to the media. And who will suffer the most, this person here,” she cast a pointed gesture at Shin Hye.

"He?" Lee Joon pursed his lips firmly.

“Mr. Lee Shin,” the girl giggled. “Geurom, Do what we asked you to do, then you will be safe Any trick or blunder, then I'll wash my hand. Because i mean it,” she fixed her coat leaving them gaped, even Sung Jae.

 

Shin Hye took a glimpse at her phone. Still there was no sign from Yong Hwa. She took a deep rueful breath, dimmed the light and dwelled on her bed, preparing herself to sleep.

This day was a hectic one, she had met ‘Lee Gyu Won’ the one who looked just like Seohyun, had been threatened and had had difficult talk to eomma.  Seung Gi had counseled her to cheer eomma for Mrs. Park had been in state of confusion, disappointment and angry at the same time.

Never crossed in her mind her daughter would betray her in such embarrassing way, ‘Exposed premarital ’ something that was unpopular in the Korean POP-ular business. The fact that among her family member, only her, who knew about this had made things a lot easier for Shin Hye. Although to be honest it wasn’t summer vacation at all.

Fortunately Seung Gi had helped her explaining, that those pictures wont leaked and that her daughter had vowed to never done it again, not until someone put a wedding ring on her finger.

 Seung Gi had once again built a good image in front of Mrs. Park, while Yong Hwa’s flawless demeanor had faded a couple of shades among Park family member.

Mrs. Park had endured herself not to snap at her daughter, even when her curses of all sorts had already hung on the tip of her tongue. She obviously wouldn’t want to turn her back on her own daughter, though what she had done was definitely unforgivable. Anyhow she was her daughter, put aside all her attributes, simply her mere existence had been a bless for her, and in times like this all she could do was to give supports to her.

 Shin Hye decided to once again stay permanently back at their house, though it means she had to leave her cozy new apartment and the memory she and Yong Hwa had carved on in it. But staying alone in such apathetic neighborhood proved to be very dangerous, now it might just be paparazzi, but what about next time? It could be some anti-fans with knife hiding in their pocket.

Fans, they could be so sinister and demanding but without them Yong Hwa, Shin Hye, Seung Gi, Jong Hyun, Seohyun, or Yoona couldn’t be like what they were today. They were flesh and blood of every entertainer, pleasing fans was one of their job descriptions. Some of them strongly underlined that without fans they were nothing. And Shin Hye thought so too.

There were times when fans had played cupid towards Shin Hye and Yong Hwa, while in the mean time other fandom was supporting Yong Hwa-Seohyun as a couple. Being Park Shin Hye, she had always tried to avoid collision with anti-fan, she could have been shellfish, claiming there were something genuinely special going on between her and Yong Hwa, which actually exist, but that would jeopardize his career and she didn’t want to bring bad luck to him, not even dare to think about it.

And as for Yong Hwa, like a habit, he always gave his perplexed, confusing, bewildering remarks and gestures. So she kept her distance for everyone’s sake and by the time there were no distance between them, apparently the bad luck occurred.

Yong Hwa climbed upstairs in hope Shin Hye would show up from behind her door. He missed her though they had only been two days apart. Ji Sub hyung, his manager had confiscated his cell and sneaking around at night ran over to Shin Hye apartment was the only solution that could satisfy his longing.

He banged and knocked, but no answer.

‘Where is she?’ He pondered.

Again he banged on her door, silence was the answer. He could even hear his own breath, panting. The cold autumn wind had reached Seoul, and Yong Hwa wasn’t prepared at all. His coat was left inside Jong Hyun’s car down at the parking lot.

Yong Hwa stood with his hand resting on his hip. His brain spun, thinking, where would his Jagiya be. ‘Parents,’ promptly Yong Hwa came out with one possibility. Quickly he ran.

Standing again, now in front of the Park’s residence, Yong Hwa took a sight at his wrist watch. It was almost 1am.

He sighed. The Parks wouldn’t still be awake.

Shin Hye leaped to her feet. Her night gown brushed over the ceramic tile. She was sure, she saw a face lurked just beyond her window.

Timidly she paced closer to check on it. Opening its window-shield was straining, she had to steeled herself to do it. And when it was finally opened, she found out there was no one at the balcony.

She drew off inside.

But promptly, “Jagiya,” a hissed echoed.

“Yoboseyo?” her voice started to tremble.

“Jagi, it’s me, on your left.”

Shin Hye spun around and almost leap to see Yong Hwa hung on a wooden jalousie that holds the spreading vines.

“Yong Hwa! What are you doing there?” she proffered her palm seizing the hanging man.

With one jerk finally Yong Hwa stumblingly leaned on his feet again.

“I miss you,” Yong Hwa cajoled.

“Babo, what if someone saw you?” she snapped vexedly.

“Mmm,” he conceded laconically. “I’m keen, I won’t get caught,” he boasted.

“Babo,” Shin Hye roved her gaze around.

“Palli back to your apartment,” she commanded. Yong Hwa muffled her with his right hand shoving her in with his chest and shut the window softly with his free hand.

In the glimmer of lamp table, they cast their gaze at each other.

“Why didn’t you call me?” Shin hye broached.

Yong Hwa drew closer, circling his hand around her waist and laced it behind. “Ji Sub hyung, he took my cell away, so I can concentrate on my work,” he cajoled flirtingly.

Shin Hye shoved his hand escaping herself from his sensual enticement.

“Can I get some water?” he made a beeline for her bed and quickly popped on it.

“You can’t,” she pouted.

“You don’t know what I’ve been through,” from her bed he extended his hand giving ‘come sit with me’ cue to her.

The jagiya drew closer.

“You know jagi, I just arrived from Jeju two hours ago. I sneaked out to your apartment only to find it was empty. And you know what, Ji Sub hyung had took my car keys so I had to drive Jong Hyun’s troubled van. Damn, it was so stink that I have to hold my breath all my way here. But what do I get? You don’t even want me here and in addition not even a glass of water,” he folded his hand.

“Then wait, I’ll get you some,“ she moved.

“Shirro!” Yong Hwa rejected laconically.

“Yah!” she threw back at him fierily.

 “Jagi, I can hold my thirst, as long as you let me hug you,” he cajoled.

“Babo!” She ignored him. “Be quiet,” she stepped through the doorway leaving the tired Yong Hwa alone.

It didn’t take long for her to finally back to her room again.

“Yong ah,” she whispered.

“Yong,” she drew closer.

Yong Hwa had already slept. Like an infant he tightly hugged her pillow. His eyes were firmly shut exposing his dark lashes.

Shin hye carefully knelt, afraid that any creak would wake him up. She leveled her eyes to his’, staring deeply to see how handsome he was. His lashes were long, much longer than hers. She brushed its tips softly, carefully.  Her pulse raced faster. She didn’t want to lose him. She couldn’t bare the pain of living away from his love, not again. And she knew how hard it was.

But she definitely had no choice. The threat they had received wasn’t just ordinary threat, those people had had their photos and that was enough to make them completely destroyed once it leaked out.

Tears rolled down on her cheek, fell Square at his lashes.

He squirmed and winced for sometimes.

“Shin Hye ah,” he whispered. “Come sleep with me, I’m tired,” his husky voice echoed.

“You shouldn’t sleep here, ani- you can’t,” she murmured while wiping her tears away.

“Hmm,” he moaned. “I’m tired.”

“I know Yong, but you can’t,” her furrows across her forehead became deeper.

“Why?” he didn’t even open his eyes while talking. “I miss you, can’t sleep without you.”

Shin Hye ignored Yong Hwa’s spoilt remarks. “I have some updates about those photos,” She spoke weakly preparing herself to tell Yong Hwa about the threat she had received.

“Let’s not talk about those photos,” Yong Hwa once again winced and reluctantly leaped up to sit with pillows all over him. “Me, and my management had figured how to solve this out,” he said buoyantly with hands lurched at her waist.

“You did?” her eyes widened.

“Ne, we did,” He nodded. “We’re on our way finding who’s behind this,” he bragged.

“Ooh?” she stared deeply at his eyes hoping he had some solid way in solving the calamity so that she wouldn’t have to bade him goodbye. “So what’s your plan?” she smiled wryly.

“We’re going to find that guy, then we will settle some amount of money, take those photos away from him than burn it all so-“

“That’s all?” She butted in.

“Ne,” he nodded. “What do you expect? I can’t marry you now,” simple shrug shook his shoulder.

“Arrasseo,” She snorted. “I’m not going to marry you either,” she muttered.

Yong Hwa turned his head, facing Shin Hye who sat right beside him with his nauseating smirk. \

“Waeyo?” he barked. “You don’t really mean it, don’t you?” he shook her by her sleeve.

“I don’t know,” she smiled. “You’re tired, now go home and get some sleep, you have hectic schedule tomorrow,” she jumped off of bed, getting back on her feet and spun away.

“Shirro!”

“Yah Yong ah, you don’t have a choice, I command you,” she snapped.

“Shirro!” Yong Hwa hissed, rejecting.

“Shhhhh, you don’t want to get caught by eomma and appa, don’t you?” she quickly muffed him.

“Let me be,” he drawled victoriously, pulling her closer so their face was just an inch away.

“Yah,” she shouted weakly tangled by Yong Hwa’s charms.

“You’re my jagiya, I have the rights to be here,” his words echoed through her ears.

Shin Hye squirmed but Yong Hwa enclosed her possessively. “Please Yong, don’t be stubborn. Don’t make it hard for me, those picture are enough. I don’t need any more trouble.”

“I told you, I’ll take care of that,” he raised his voice while letting her go.

Shin Hye shoved him away, “How?” quipped her facetiously.

“I’ve told you how,” he sank back to her bed.

“Ne, then how will you find that guy?” her brows tilted.

“Ji Sub hyung, he’ll find the way,” Yong Hwa grinned.

“Oh, so you got nothing but zero solution, and the clock is still ticking, tick tock tick tock and to make it worst we definitely ran out of time. So Mr. Jung Yong Hwa, you better go home,” she unlocked the window.

“I told you, Shirro!”

“Yah!”

“I would never leave, not until you promise me, you will marry me when I’m ready,” his hand was now folded.

“You want me to marry you, but when, a month, a year, a decade, a century later?” Shin Hye murmured under her breath.

“Mwo?” got insulted, Yong Hwa reacted.

“Oh later this, later that, by the time you were ready, those photos would have been distributed to every corner where internet connection were available. So now, please don’t throw your mess here,” she opened her window, cueing him to leave.

“Chamkanman,” Yong Hwa exclaimed. He hopped off of Shin Hye’s bed and drew closer to her. “How fickle you are,” he smirked, whispered by her ear and brushed his lips onto its tip sending tons of unwanted electric-shocks speeding down her spine.

“You want me to marry you now?” his solemn remarks made her even giddier.