The Kiss

My Bestfriend's Wedding

Shin Hye

I entered the meeting room that they've prepared for script reading session, my eyes hooked on Seohyun and Jong Hyun. They sat together practicing their line, smiling and laughing.

I instantly remembered the Heartstrings days when I and Yong Hwa used to be so close doing exactly the same, smiling and laughing.

Lucky Yong Hwa, I muttered inward. Seohyun has won CN Blue's heart. It would be a lot easier for him once he and Seohyun announce their relation officially. I smirked.

 

Busan Three Years Ago

I sat staring at the sky, I felt awkward when Yong Hwa seemed so comfortable talking and sitting next to me.

"And what about you? Do you have a crush on Jang Geun Suk hyung? Yoon Shi Yoon ssi? Bong Tae Kyung ssi? Lee Wan ssi? Lee Seung Gi ssi?" he exclaimed wryly.
What kind of question is that? I flinched inward.

I gazed at him abruptly trying not to laugh, "Yaah Yong Hwa, I'm a P R O, professionals doesn't have such crush on their co-worker."

"Really, chongmalyo?" His eyes widened.

"Honestly," I answered nonchalantly.

He bent his head, jumbled his hair. "And did you ever have a crush on me?" He chuckled shyly.

"I don't have to answer stupid question from babo like you," I turned my eyes off of him staring back at the stars.

He raised his head. "You know, I wonder what you are looking at up there. Even the moon hides his face,” he laughed.

"Ani, I can see it," I defended myself.

"Don't try to fool this babo. It's cloudy up there," he moved closer to me pointing his finger to the dark sky above then he laughed again.

"Answer me," he begged.

"What?"

"My question."

"Which?"

"You know which."

I bent my head. "A little," I answered. "But it has gone," I emphasized my last words.

He smiled merrily. "Ah, at least for once you did have a crush on me."

Yong Hwa, I did once have a crush on you but now I’ve lost it. Now I love you. But you didn’t have a room for my love in your heart. You’ve said it and I’ve known it.

 

Back to Present
   
"Shin Hye noona," Jong Hyun greeted upon seeing me coming. He came closer and gave me a handshake.

Seohyun followed him, "Shin Hye eonni," she smiled and gave me a handshake too. "Congratulations on your engagement, chukae," Seo Hyun added.

I gazed at her, citing how beautiful she was. Her cheek was blushing, reddish pink, “Thank you," I replied.

"Seohyun ah, when will you both make it official?" I asked Seohyun cheerfully referring her and Yong Hwa.

She giggled, "I think after this drama eonnie," she responded, referring her and Jong Hyun.

"Whoa, what a nice surprise especially for Goguma fans, chukae," I hugged her awkwardly, trying to hide my jealousy.

Seohyun frowned . "Eonnie, you might have misunderstood us..." she was about to explain when Jong Hyun grabbed her sleeve. He winked at her. They then bowed to Park Shin Hye.

 


 

"Oppa, what was that?" Seohyun asked as they stepped away from Shin Hye.

"I think it would be better if Yong Hwa hyung himself explain this matter to Shin Hye noona. Anyway, she's engage, supposed they love each other then they should really talk, immediately," Jong Hyun stressed his last word.

"Ne, my oppa's so smart," Seohyun pinched Jong Hyun's cheek.

 


 

Shin Hye

Yong Hwa entered with Kamdongnim Jung Jung Hwa who happens to be Yong Hwa's uncle.

His eyes stared at me attentively as he walked closer. I can feel my blood was boiling when I saw him remembering what Seohyun had said.

Kamdongnim Jung led Yong Hwa sitting next to me.

I greeted him with a smile a fake smile. He smiled back, a warm smile obviously not a fake smile.

Damn, he's charming, isn't he? I cursed myself for being so weak. I bent my head didn't want him noticing my weakness.

 

He slid a bottle of mineral water to me.   

"Mwo?" I hesitated, felt like rejecting it. But he was so determined.

"Your voice has turned to harsh," he said.

It was already dark outside. I walked hastily trying to escape from Yong Hwa.

"No need to be so punctual, Jun oppa wouldn't be around soon," he said nonchalantly.

I turned my body facing him. "What did you do to him?"

"Ani it wasn't me. Jong Hyun must have enlightened him," he brushed his nape.

"Other people might see us," I said in a fuss.

"Thanks to the drama project, as we work together again, nothing to be worried about," he fixed his backpack behind.

I stared at him; he looked young for his age, but more muscular now. Come on Shin Hye don’t fall for him. Not now.

"Ah ne, then I should take a taxi," I began to walk.

"Talk to me," he shouted furiously.

I shook my head then walked away from him. I knew he just want to tell me about him and Seohyun being in relations. And I didn't see any reason why he had to tell me personally about that. I should go as fast as I can, before he knew my true feeling for him.

He grabbed my wrist harshly.

 

Yong Hwa

“Let go of me,” Shin Hye shouted uncontrollably.

“Wae?” I could feel my patience has gone.

“Having you near has made me feel uneasy. So don’t touch me,” she stared at me furiously.

“Shirro,” I shouted. “I want to talk. But you keep avoiding me, that’s why I wont let go this time,” I stared back at her.

“No personal matters, we’re co-worker that’s it so stop acting like a kid,” her voice turned hoarse as anger has occupied her mind.

I hitched her hand, pulled her body to mine. And kiss her lips rashly, furiously, and desperately. I held her head and locked her lips. 

I could feel she strove against my strength. But my anger has added more power to me. I long for her, I miss her, and I need her. Why it has to end up like this.

I pull my lips off of her. Her whole face was red. She gasped with fright. She sat after limped along a while.   

I bent my knees in front of her...

“Park Shin Hye, Saranghae.”

 


 

My update, thank you for all your support.

Saranghae -