There's a calm Before the Storm

My Bestfriend's Wedding

I love him so I let him pursue his dream

 

Flashback

Her sob was distracted by the vibration of her phone. She d into her bag. Picked her phone and read the message.

‘Stay away from Yong Hwa or I disclose more’

She stiffened, stopped sobbing. “Oppa,” she called Seung Gi weakly.

Seung Gi turned. “Shin ah! What happened to you?” he quickly reached her, shook her sleeve, patted her cheek.

Seeing her face turned deathly pale, made him downright worry.

“Shin ah, gwaenchanha? Shin ah?” he shouted. “Ahjussi, hospital!” he commanded his driver laconically.

 

Jong Hyun had endured in pain and he promise to himself to love Seohyun just like he loved Shin Hye. And he was sure he would fail.

He wanted Shin Hye, his noona, his sunbae to be her yeoja chingu. He had blamed his hyung for the photos, and the way his hyung reacted to that. Career was one thing but saving one’s dignity, a yeoja, it was way more important than those celebrity craps. If he was his hyung, he would have marry her without hesitation, straight to the point and never look back.

 

Jung Yong Hwa and Ji Sub seated across Lee Joon nim. Both could feel the icy cold disgruntled gaze the older casted on both of them.

“Let me recall it once again, you came to Shin Hye’s place through her window, caught in the act, and now her face is all over the internet,” he sighed.

“Sunbae, help us, jaebal,” Ji Sub leant forward to enter the conversation.

“Do you think I did nothing all of this time?” deduced Lee Joon.

“Aniyo, it’s not like that-“

“Oh? Then what?” quizzed Lee Joon, cutting in Ji Sub’s unfinished explanation.

“What about your cousin, Seung Gi? What’s his correlation with this?” there was silent as both parties were taken aback by Yong Hwa’s cold remarks.

Ji Sub turned his head. “Keep your mouth shout will you!” he blazed.

“Cut it out, what do you mean by those words of yours?” Lee Joon hunted Yong Hwa down, ignoring Ji Sub who failed in calming Yong Hwa down.

“Isn’t it obvious, he wants Shin Hye!” Yong Hwa tilted, taking the offensive words toward Lee Joon.

“Yong Hwa stop!” shouted Ji Sub.

“Ji Sub ah. Be quiet,” Lee Joon snapped back this time furiously.

“So what if Seung Gi loves Shin Hye? Do you think he’s the one behind those photos?” Lee Joon retaliated.

“Love? Love? Whoa that would make it more obvious,” Yong Hwa steadily remarked, merely deducing his investigative thoughts.

One eyebrow tilted, followed by four widened surprised eyes. Lee Joon slumped back in his seat. Somehow he began to question his cousin’s sincerity though he won’t let it shown, not in front of the Kid and his chaperone.

“So what do you want to ask by calling me this early,” a little wry smile rose as the ramen he had ordered sometime ago finally reached his table.

“Help us to find the one behind this-“

“No hyung,” Yong Hwa exclaimed, interrupting Ji Sub’s unfinished remark. “Lee Joon nim, I just want it to stop. I don’t care who the hell did it. Just please help us to make it stop,” said Yong Hwa.

Lee Joon raised his head, “Arasso,” he mumbled, sending him one last measuring glance, ’That Kid sure had been fooled by fame whereas Seung Gi, tsk he was fooled by love,’ he concluded inwardly.

 

Lee Joon seated facing Han Seung Ho, the CEO of FNC Entertainment. He had always paid a full respect towards him as did the older.

Take that both knew each of their strengths and weaknesses.

Han Seung Ho rubbed at his temple. He had never imagined that this day would happen. If ever Lee Joon had decided to stop by in his office, something severe must had happened.

“Mr. Han,” Lee Joon voiced, hoarsely. “Hmm hmm,” one’s throat was cleared.

“Mr. Han, sunbaenim” he started over. “I supposed, you had already known why I’m here,” a sheepish smile emerged from Lee Joon’s lips.

“Mr. Han, how could you do this to your very own Yong Hwa?” one eye was squinted.

“Hey, what did I do wrong?” Han Seung Ho canted forward, emotionally protesting what Lee Joon had said.

“He loves her,” the younger lent backwards, making an inoffensive gesture.

“What are you talking about?” Mr. Han anxiously, unconsciously, tapping his expensive pen onto his table.

“These photos,” Lee Joon politely slid one bulky brown envelope across Mr. Han desk.

Once Han Seung Ho opened it, his expression changed. He could feel his entire fingers freeze.

“I have seen these,” Mr. Han lent back. “And I can assure you I’m not the man behind this. And yes I know Yong Hwa loves her, and I have nothing against it personally. But Yong Hwa had said to me that professionally he chose his music career over almost anything.”

Lee Joon canted forward out of curiosity. “Who had shown you those copy hyung? Yong Hwa? Ji Sub?”

Han Seung Ho leaned backwards, “None of them," he paused.

"They think they can solve this matter only by them self, I supposed,” there was a snippiness in his speech.

Lee Joon slumped back in his seat, feeling a bit uncomfortable, for he didn’t mean to hurt Mr. Han’s dignity.

“Ah and that kid, your cousin, he came here, just before you, spewing out his sharp notwithstanding elocution words, and politely splattering those horrible photos, right here on my desk,” Han Seung Ho smirked.

“Seung Gi?” Lee Joon exclaimed.

“Ne, that kid. Ah... he sure knows how to say things politely yet irritatingly,” the older rubbed at his temple.

“As an addition he even threatened me that if I can't stop those photos from distributing then he himself will leaked those with only Yong Hwa in it,” Han Seung Ho cupped his face.

Lee Joon scratched his hair. Two hours ago after the small talk he had with Yong Hwa and Ji Sub, he, the paparazzi - Kang Sung Jae and his associate or whatever the name is, Jang Do Il went to once again meet the woman who called herself Lee Gyu Won.

Jang Do Il, son of a famous gangster, childhood friend of Lee Joon, his junior. That guy never failed to meet a success when it comes to trail someone, especially a girl. He had eyes everywhere, bless his father’s connections.

He had been working tandem with Lee Joon for almost five years now, not for the sake of money, he could earn a fortune by becoming his father’s friend’s lawyer for he held a master degree in law but it was solely for the sake of his love of suspense, and journalism. Lee Joon had told him too many times that he was stupid and big sheepish smile was all his answer.

Jang Do Il sidled next to ‘Lee Gyu Won’, so close that he could smell her expensive shampoo, one that his exes always asked him to buy. He knew how to intimidate well and he mercilessly did that to the girl.

“What’s your real name?” Lee Joon coldly asked.

“Lee Gyu Won,” the girl answered laconically, and much to her dismay, Do Il reacted by leaning forward, cornering her that she had to slump back deep in her chair.

“Name,” Do Il hissed.

The girl gasped under Do Il’s deep tone. “Do Hwi,” she stuttered.

“Do Il, Do Hwi,” Do Il moved even closer. His nose was brushing at the tip of her ear. “Are you sure that’s your real name?” he smirked.

“What the heck, ne, it is my real name, Cha Do Hwi,” there was snippiness in her voice.

“Stop this crap,” shouted Lee Joon. “Do Il ah, move away,” he started to get annoyed by Do Il’s flirty intimidation.

“Who’s Lee Shin?” Lee Joon talked the serious talk seriously.

Cha Do Hwi straightened her position, fixing her hair with her long nails and angrily glared at Jang Do Il.

“I told you, Lee Shin is one of the most powerful people in the industry,” she exclaimed loudly. “And for your information, by the time you’re finished asking me this question, he will leaked more photos to the media,” she said it proudly.

“Tsk tsk, so be it,” Lee Joon smirked. “Who the hell is Lee Shin?” Lee Joon anxiously raised his voice, followed by Do Il’s attacking gesture.

“Lee Shin is none other than Han Seung Ho-nim, the leader of FNC,” finally Lee Gyu Won a.k.a Cha Do Hwi owned.

 

Lee Joon stared deep into Han Seung Ho’s eyes. Was Han Seung Ho really innocent?

 

In CN Blue’s van, Jung Yong Hwa was dwelled in his pensive thoughts. He blamed himself for being such a coward. How he had no courage in telling Mr. Han that he was ready to marry Shin Hye, that he couldn’t be this creative if it wasn’t because of her and that he would sacrifice even his career for her.

‘Hey what a nonsense, marrying Shin Hye wouldn’t jeopardize my career at all. Everyone knows our chemistry and had approved if ever we romantically related, since so long ago,’ Yong Hwa played with his coat, then cupped his cheek, he hated himself more for thinking that admitting his love publicly would harm him.

Yong Hwa fumbled in his coat for his phone. In split second he had reached Shin Hye.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Jagiya. Where are you? I’m sorry for not calling you earlier.”

 “Yong,” she moaned weakly.

“Jagiya, I’m sorry.”

“Let’s call it quit.”

“What was that? What? Quit?” Yong Hwa shrilled in confusion.

“Please understand my situation here, they hit me, not you.”

“No, No, we can settle this together. Shin Hye ah, Jagiya, please consider me, think about me, what am I going to do if I don’t have you? Don’t say that words again, please Shin ah, please,” pleaded Yong Hwa anxiously.

“Yong, I would give everything up if ever this situation occurred to you. I don’t care about losing my career but I don’t want to bring anymore pain to my family.”

“Wait, wait, ok, ok, I know, I’m on my way to see you, where are you?”

“It’s too late,” Shin Hye said with a mournful voice.

“No Shin ah, don’t say that, you’re going to kill me if you said that. Tell me where you are, tell me,” his pulse started to race.

“Damn!” the connection stopped.

 “Aigoo what happened?” Ji Sub shouted as he felt the van tipped over several times before it finally stopped.

“I don’t know sir, the earth is moving,” the driver confirmed.     

“What?” Yong Hwa shouted, quickly got out of the van. By the time their feet touched the asphalt, they could feel they lost their balance, yes the earth was moving.

Yong Hwa shook his head trying to regain his balance as the ground finally stopped shaking, “What was that?” he shouted.

“I don’t know, mild earthquake I supposed,” Ji Sub held the edge of the van.

 

_

Forgive me for the very late reply and this capter is not complete yet. I decided to devide it into two chapter becase I want some feedback from my dear readers.

I had just lost my laptop, so I have to rewrote this chapter.

This might be disappointing chapter for all of you, I don't blame you for that. Because, I its not complete yet. I still had Jong Hyun, Seung gi, Yong Hwa, Lee Joon, Han Seung Ho, Seohyun, part of story that entwine one to other. Please forgive me.

Happy reading. Gumawo, Salamat poh, Bohot Sukriya. Love YongShin .... God Bless you all