Chapter 16 – Her Tolerance Running Thin + His Idiotic Stuborness = Unconditionally

The Old Fashioned Princess

- Your Pov-

‘YAH! STOP WHINING AND JUST READ THE TEXTBOOK!’ I shouted irritated

Our studying had just started 3 hours and within that 3 hours…Taemin had being whining and complaining and wanting a break…which we just had 30 minutes before.

Taemin Pouted ‘but Byul-a-na Milk~ we had been working too much!’ he whined

‘We just had a break! 30 minutes ago!’ I said annoyed

‘Exactly! That’s 30 minutes ago!’ he complained with a pout.

I groaned ‘We can’t just keep having breaks!’ I said

I knew it…from the very start…studying with THE Lee Taemin…is impossible. Right now I’m mentally slapping and scolding myself…I should of tried to object more from the start with Key, but then…my heart was telling me this could be the chance to spend with more Taemin, while my head was completely against it…for my qualification sake’s…at times like this…the phases ‘Listen to your heart’….Was the most stupidest thing I’ve ever done.

‘Byul-a-na Milk~~~ Please~~’ Taemin begged with puppy dog eyes

I glared at him ‘You promised to take this seriously! So keep reading!’ I scolded ‘How are you going to ever pass as a Prince if you don’t take this seriously!’

I sometimes wonder…how the heck could Taemin even be considered as Prince material? The world is at crisis…knowing Lee Taemin will one day be king.

‘Taeminnie will be a prince neither way’ Taemin said full of confidence.

‘With where your grads are heading…YOU’LL BE THE KING OF IDIOTS!’ I retorted

Yes,…Taemin’s Marks were no joke…sure he passes his tests….Well barely, the only subjects he did well in was IT and Dance…his other subjects somehow…was range from 60 – 50% . I mean even Jonghyun could do better! And for heaven sake’s that guy buys his marks but now because of Kahi, his marks from buying marks is now at least 70% for the fact that he actually studies!

‘Byul-a-na Milk~ PLEASE! Pretty pretty pretty Please~’ Taemin continue to beg

I let out a stressed out sigh ‘Study for another 30 minutes and you can have your break!’ I snapped

Taemin let out a happy squeal ‘Yay~!’ he cheered and went back to work

I screwed up…I really screwed up my education this time…

- Day 2 Studying Mid-Year Exam-

‘WE’RE NOT EVEN HALF WAY THROUGH THE TEXT BOOK YET SINCE YESTERDAY!’ I shouted angrily ‘SO STOP ASKING FOR BREAKS!’

Taemin pouted ‘But, we’re going to die like this is we keep working so hard!’ he said

My eyes twitched ‘working hard?...IT WAS ONLY 10 MINUTES!’ I snapped

We have a total of 9 subjects to study including Royal lessons and yet… we haven’t even get through half way of one subject yet! It was getting on to my nerves, even if I did fell for Taemin…but this is one of those times where…where I wished he was born a mute.

‘Please~ Byul-a-na Milk~ Please~’ Taemin pleaded to me with puppy dog eyes.

‘THEN HAVE A BREAK ON YOUR OWN!’ I shouted annoyed

Taemin pouted ‘Ani! Taeminnie wants to have a break with Byul-a-na Milk! Byul-a-na Milk needs to have a break too!’ he whined

‘No, I’m perfectly fine! So if you want a break just go ahead on your own’ I stated

There was a silent that followed which I was very grateful for. But then I felt was suddenly being pulled…more like dragged away from the piles of book towards the kitchen

‘YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!’ I shouted while struggling

Taemin grinned down at me while still dragging me ‘Let’s have break time together~’ he said happily

I glared at him. But it held no affect because he only continued to grin at me

How I wish I could just shove bananas down this throat and throw him into a bottomless pit.

- Day 3 Studying Mid-Year Exam-

Today it just so happens to be raining, and It would seem that Taemin’s Study span is decreasing each hour…or more like 10 minutes that passes by...and to be honest…my tolerance is also begining to snap.

‘Byul-a-na Milk~ Let’s have a break!!!’ Taemin sang grinning

My grip tightened around the pen, that I was writing with, trying to hold in my anger and annoyance.

‘Let’s have banana milk and cake!’ Taemin declared

‘Don’t snap. Just hold it in. don’t snap.’ I mentally told myself to calm down my temper.

I continue to ignore Taemin and kept reading and writing my notes. I pushed all of Taemin’s yelping and talking voice to the back of my head and stayed focus…

‘YAH!~ Listen to TAEMINNIE!’

-Taemin Pov –

I knew that Byul could hear me, but she was being stubborn and was ignoring me. She didn’t look at me or even said a word to me, of course I didn’t like the lack of attention that she was giving me.

‘Why is she being so mean?!’I thought pouting ‘how could she just ignore me!’

So I decided to take her attention…I took away her paper that she was writing on, while she was in the middle of writing.

‘YAH!’ Byul shouted angrily ‘Give my paper back!’

I stuck out my tongue ‘Merong~’ I said teasingly, standing a few meters from her ‘You're finally talking to Taeminnie!’

Byul glared at me and stood up ‘Taemin. I’m not joking. Give me back my work’ she said

I shook my head ‘Ani! Byul-a-na Milk has to have a break with Taeminnie!’ I said

‘If you want a break, then have it on your own. I want to study.’ Byul said

I shook my head stubbornly ‘ ANI! It’s not fun if Taeminnie have lunch on my own!’ I reasoned with a pout

This time instead of saying anything, Byul came up to me and tried to get her paper back…but I held it far away from her. I grinned as I was a half a head taller then her, which means I had the advantage…so I continue to play around with her.

‘Taemin! I’m serious! Give it back to me!’ Byul said annoyed

I grinned ‘Kekeke then get it back!’ I said

Byul then attempt to tackle me but I ran away, we then start our chasing and catching game. I ran around the bench in the kitchen while Byul was following suit behind me, after about 5 minutes of running around the bench, we stopped to catch our breathe. I was standing in front of the sink with Byul facing me, the bench was between us.

I grinned widely at her ‘Kekeke Byul-a-na Milk what are you gonna do~’ I in a singing voice

Her next action surprised me…she climbed over the bench and quickly got a hold of her paper but I was still also held on to it.

‘Yah! Let Go!’ Byul demanded glaring at me.

I shook my head, still holding on to her paper. She tagged it towards her, telling me to let go, but I shook my head and pulled the paper back…unfortunately I pulled it too hard…which ripped the paper. I grasped seeing the paper torn…my eyes averted to Byul’s, who was also shocked…but then her eyes…they changed from shock to anger.

‘I-I’m Sorr---‘ ‘Get out.’ Byul said, cutting off my apology

My body froze, hearing her tone and what she had said.

‘B-Byul---‘

I didn’t get to finish, when Byul suddenly grabbed my wrist and walked towards the door, pulling me along. She opened the door and shoved me outside and slammed the door shut… I was surprised and shocked of course…I stared at the door for a couple of minutes before I snapped out of the shock and started to knock on the door.

‘Y-Yah…Byul-a-na Milk! Open the door!’ I said while knocking on the door.

Byul didn’t reply and there was no sound of her moving towards the door…so I continued to knock and called her.

-An hour Later-

I was getting tired of calling and knocking. I knew I could just return back to the dorm…but I didn’t want that because I wanted to be with Byul, so sat down leaning onto the door…I’m willing to wait for Byul to open the door for me.Yes, I am also very stubborn myself.

‘It was just a paper. Why is she angry at me!’ I thought

I didn’t understand why Byul was taking this so seriously….Okay I know that we should be because it is he half yearly…but still! She should have some break! And play with me!.

‘Byul’s no fun.’ I thought pouting

I stared at the hard pouring rain, it was lucky that there was a small shelter that stopped most of the rain from wetting me.

-Your Pov-

Taemin’s annoying Knocking and calling stopped which meant that he had probably left…I was very damn happy and glad. There was peace and quite now. I felt bad for kicking him out…but my tolerance snapped and anger broke when he tore my work...which I had been working hard on.

‘Serves him right’ I thought and went back to work.

-That Night-

I called it a day when I had been studying for 6 hours, now it was around 10 at night. So I should be getting some sleep, I got changed and went to my bedroom…the large blue luggage caught me eye…that wasn’t mine.

‘Right…Taemin’s Things…’ I remembered

I let out a sigh, since his not staying here anymore, It’s only right to return his things right?

‘Aishi... I’ll give it back tomorrow morning’ I told myself and went to bed.

- Day 4 Studying Mid-Year Exam-

I woke up, getting ready and ate breakfast, before carrying Taemin’s luggage down stairs and got his phone out from the hiding place where I hid our phones. After everything of Taemin was downstairs, I did the final check to make sure that everything of his was in his luggage…I would want him to come back, saying something was missing…because then I know he would break in and distract me again. I looked outside the window to see that it was still raining heavily since yesterday…

‘how troublesome…’ I thought

I went to an umbrella and went to open the door…

Thud.

My eyes widen and my mouth gasped open…

‘WHAT THE F***!’ I exclaimed shocked.

On the ground, that blocked my doorway was Taemin…but that wasn’t what shocked me…it was the fact that he was …unconscious. My brain went completely blank as I started to panic…

‘ . What do I do, what do I do!!!’ I chanted while pacing and panicking

Panicking wouldn’t help, so I was calming myself down first and then went to carry Taemin in the house. While carrying him in and upstairs to my room, I could feel my clothes were starting to get wet from his clothes…he was practically socking wet to the bone! I place him on my bed and was hesitating to get his clothes off…

‘Aishi! Why does this have to happen to me!’ I said annoyed

I pulled off his shirt and singlet, and then went to his pants…I let out a sigh of relief that not his entire pants was wet…which meant that I don’t have to completely strip him . After getting rid of his wet clothes, I felt his temperature on his forehead…

‘!’ I cursed when his temperature was very hot.

I ran back down stairs and opened his luggage to get him new set of dry clothe for him to wear and covered him with my blanket.

‘This is my fault! DAMN IT!’ I thought annoyed but was mainly angry with myself.

I went to get all the towels I had and a tub of cold water, I wetted the towel with the water and placed it on Taemin’s forehead.

‘Taemin you idiot. Why the heck did you stay there…’ I muttered

- Day 5 Studying Mid-Year Exam-

Since form yesterday, I haven’t left Taemin’s side because his tempter was a serious problem.

‘Aishi…what do I do?’ I wondered to myself worryingly

I tried to call for help from the others…but they had turned their phones off…guess they were seriously studying over there. Taemin’s temperature did drop slightly but it was still dangerous, He still hasn’t gain back conscious yet which really worries me.

‘I should get him to the hospital’ I suggested

Going with that idea, I quickly went to change out of my pajamas and returned back into the bedroom…

‘how the hell am I going to get him there…’ I wondered

The thing that worried me was that Taemin could possibility get worst if I got him out of bed and in the cold whether outside…it was the beginning of winter.

‘Well staying here is no better…’ I concluded

I went to Taemin’s Luggage and took out, all of his jumpers and jackets and put them on him, before sitting him up and wrap his arms around my neck…

‘Hopefully his not too heavy’ I thought

I was piggy backing him…hell he was light. Lighter then me I think…well that’s embarrassing. I left the the house quickly, trying to get through the cold whether quickly so he could get into the hospital faster. Once I was outside, the cold chilly air surrounded me. From the coldness I felt Taemin’s arms tightened a little, his body buried into my back.

‘Hang on Taemin’ I whispered as I quicken my pace

-An Hour Later-

‘WHY CAN’T THEY BUILD A HOSPITAL CLOSER TO THE ACADEMY?! FOR CRIST SAKE THE ACADEMY WAS FILL WITH RICH PEOPLE AND ROYALS!’ I mentally shouted angrily

I’ve finally reached a hospital which was in another suburb…CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! Once I got into the hospital, there were nurses who saw me and quickly came to my aid.

‘He has a really high fever’ I said

The nurses nod in understanding and quickly showed me to a spare room to lay Taemin down. I place Taemin in the bed, just as a doctor came in and told me to wait outside.

-30 Minutes Later-

The doctor came back out.’ his going to be fine…but he needs to stay in her for a couple of days’ he said

I nod and bowed ‘thank you’ I said

‘you may go in and see him’ the doctor said before leaving

I said thank you again and went into the room. Taemin was laying in the bed, his eyes were closed...I guess he was sleeping, but neither way…I pulled out a chair and sat down beside him. I place my hand on his forehead, his temperature had dropped down a lot.

I let out a relieved sigh ‘Good…your getting better…’ I said in relief

I continue to stare at his sleeping face. It’s amazing how he could look adorable and at peace when he was sleeping…yet…such an annoying pest when he was awake.

‘You really know how to make me feel bad you know that?’ I questioned

Since Taemin was asleep anyway, I might as well vent out at him what I can and could.

‘Because of you I can’t study at all.’

‘I could just leave now and study in peace…’

‘But I can’t bring myself to because going back there while you’re here…I won’t be able to focus at all.’

‘It feels like I’ve chosen you over my village…’

‘You have no idea how angry and annoyed I am of you…’

‘So why can’t I hate you?’

‘Always having to deal with you, listening to you're yelping about useless things and about another girl….’

‘Always listening to your problems, comforting you and then having to make you feel better’

I gave out a soft bitter laugh ‘it seems like you're only using me as a rebound…only coming to me because I’m the only one who can cheer you up…’ I muttered

‘even when I know it…’

‘I seem to always welcome you instead of abandoning you…’

‘I’m really am an idiot aren’t I?’

I stare down at the floor with a sad smile ‘If there’s one thing that I hate about you…’ I said trailing off a little ‘It would be you’ve made me fallen for you unconditionally’

‘You’re an idiot. You have no physical strength of whatever. You can’t cook. You're annoying. Your nothing but trouble. You practically can’t do anything.’

‘Yet I find myself always loving and running to you like an idiot when you need me…’

‘Loving you really …’ I muttered

‘I’ll do better…’ a worn out voice said

My head shot up, meeting eyes with the once sleeping figure…

‘Your…awake’ I uttered not knowing how to react.

-Taemin Pov –

I felt myself finally waking up, but my body felt as if it was on fire and it was too numb to move…but even with my eyes closed I could hear many voices in my surroundings. Curious of who they belonged to, I force my eyes to open

‘His awake!’ a lady in a nurse uniform said  hovering above me

A male in a doctor’s uniform then appeared in my sight…I was in a hospital? My mouth opened and closed, I wanted to ask to confirm where I was but no words came out…my throat was burning because it was dry.

‘Your in the hospital, you’ll be fine. Your fever is dropping’ the Doctor said

I nod weakly

‘You’ll be here for a few days, so please rest’ the Doctor continued

I nod again and closed my tried eyes. I could hear the sound of footsteps leaving the room and the sound of the door closing…but it wasn’t long before the door opened again. I couldn’t be bothered to open my eyes because they felt really heavy, it could have been just the doctor again…but then I heard a sound of a chair being moved and placed next to my bed. I then felt a hand placed on my forehead, a hand that I was very familiar with.

A  relieved sigh was let out ‘Good…you're getting better…’ the owner of the hand said

I stopped myself from opening eyes or from smiling, knowing the person who was seated beside me.

‘Byul took me here…’ I thought happily.

Silent took over before Byul broke it.

‘You really know how to make me feel bad you know that?’ She questioned ‘because of you I can’t study at all.’

I mentally frowned ‘she was still thinking of studying when I’m laying here?’ I thought slightly annoyed

‘I could just leave now and study in peace…’ She continued

I wanted open my eyes and ask her to stay but before I could…

‘But I can’t bring myself to because going back there while you’re here…I won’t be able to focus at all.’ Byul said

I mentally cheered

‘It feels like I’ve chosen you over my village…’ she continued’ You have no idea how angry and annoyed I am of you…’

Guilt was building in my chest…after all I was the one who was giving her a hard time..

‘So why can’t I hate you?’ She questioned ‘Always having to deal with you, listening to you're yelping about useless things and about another girl….Always listening to your problems, comforting you and then having to make you feel better’

Why was she saying this?

Byul gave out a soft bitter laugh ‘it seems like you're only using me as a rebound…only coming to me because I’m the only one who can cheer you up…’ she muttered ‘even when I know it… I seem to always welcome you instead of abandoning you…’

There was a painful strain in my chest, hearing those words from Byul…I didn’t know whether I was hurt that she thought I was using her or the fact that I was using her and she knew about it and still allowed me to use her.

‘I’m really am an idiot aren’t I?’ Byul stated rather then questioning.

No,…she wasn’t the idiot…I was.

‘If there’s one thing that I hate about you…’ Byul said trailing off a little ‘It would be you’ve made me fallen for you unconditionally’

I stopped myself from sitting up surprised…did Byul just confessed something I just thought?. I gave up pretending to be unconscious and opened my eyes, turning my head to look at Byul…who wasn’t looking at me…but staring down at the floor with a sad smile. The kind of smile that I found myself to never want her to use.

‘You’re an idiot. You have no physical strength of whatever. You can’t cook. You're annoying. Your nothing but trouble. You practically can’t do anything.’ She continued ‘Yet I find myself always loving and running to you like an idiot when you need me…’

I never knew that it was possible for my heart to be racing this fast…it felt like it could pass out and die soon. It was true…everything she had said…I knew myself that I was a complete hopeless and useless person…I can’t do anything but was a bother and annoying. But nevertheless Byul was always there for me.

‘Loving you really …’ Byul muttered

‘I’ll do better…’ I unconsciously said

Byul head shot up, meeting eyes with mine.

‘Your…awake’ Byul uttered not knowing how to react.

I smiled at her ‘why don’t you tell me directly?’ I asked

Byul let out a sigh and had a disapproving pout on…she was adorable

‘You heard everything and you expect me to repeat them? I’m embarrassed enough to think that you were asleep when I was confessing’ Byul said

I pouted ‘Aww c’mon!’ I encouraged

I wanted to hear Byul confess directly to me for some reason. For unknown reasons it made me happy, to just had heard her say those things to me…if she told me directly now…would I pass out from happiness?

'Men aren’t the only one to have pride Taemin…’ Byul said, crossing her arms and avoid looking at me.

I smiled, she was shy whether she wants to stop it or not. I sat up…which was very difficult to, from my action it made Byul look at me and panic in worry.

‘YAH! Don’t move!’ Byul scolded at me and was pushing me back down again

Her hands were on my shoulders trying to get me to lay back down, but then I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her in for a hug. Byul tensed up and stayed still, I knew she was startled by my actions. I use this chance and brought her even closer to me and rested my head on her shoulder and taking in her natural sweet scent that only she possess. Her heart was beating and pounding really loudly and quickly…just like mine were, and it was because of me…I wonder if the reason for my heart pounding was also because of her

‘Byul~ Confess to Taemin again~ Please~’ I sang in a begging tone

She let out a small sigh in defeat as I waited in anticipation

‘Saranghae’ Byul Whispered very softly

Sure enough my face was red from shyness and embarrassment of happiness.

‘W-What? I didn’t hear you’ I lied

‘Saranghae’ Byul said a little louder

‘I still can’t hear anything’ I lied again

‘Saranghae!’ Byul said loudly

A wave of shiver went through my body, I really loved how the word sounded came from her. I tightened my arms around her and hugged her more tightly.

‘Why would you want me to confess when you like someone…’ I heard Byul said

That’s right…I like Boa…so why should I consider or even want to hear Byul’s confession. I was really confused by my thoughts and feelings right now. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Byul rested her head on my shoulder.

‘What am I supposed to do now. You're going to be awkward around me…’ Byul said

I smiled and shook my head, still resting on her shoulder ‘I won’t be awkward’ I said ‘I’ll consider your feelings.’

‘Really?’ she asked with a hint of surprised

I nod ‘I can always try can’t I?’ I said

-Your Pov-

Taemin nod ‘I can always try can’t I?’ he said

To say that he would try…it sounded like he would force himself or take me as a second option. I don’t want that, but I can’t be selfish when his being considerate.

‘Yah…you should get more rest. You have to get better’ I said, getting out of his hug

Taemin pouted ‘You're going to leave Taeminnie here alone?’ he asked in a whiney tone ‘stay with Taeminnie’

‘I have to get back and study Taemin.’ I reason

Taemin frowned ‘Why are you choosing studying over Taeminnie! I thought Byul-a-na Milk said she loves Taeminnie!’ he stated with a pout

I groaned…I knew this would happen…he take advantage of me…

‘Don’t be spoiled Dog Face’ I retorted

Taemin frowned changed into a sad look ‘I don’t want to be here alone.’ He whimpered

Why was it that his aegyo looks don’t work on me but his sad depressing ones always gets to me? This wasn’t fair. I let out another sigh of defeat and sat down in the chair, which earned a cheerful smile from Taemin.

‘Stop smiling and get some rest’ I ordered

Taemin nod obediently and laid back down ‘Byul-a-na Milk will stay right? When Taeminnie wakes up, Byul-a-na Milk will be here?’ he asked as if he was like a child.

I nod ‘yeah’ I assured

Taemin was convinced and closed his eyes falling asleep. I watch his sleeping face and smiled

‘Taemin…instead of trying…could you and would you love me unconditionally?’ I whispered