Chapter 5 – A Royal ( Pest + Chatter Box ) = Her Annoyance

The Old Fashioned Princess

- 2 Weeks Later-

- Your Pov-

I don’t know how to explain to you my 2 weeks that had passed…there were good news and terribly a lot of sad bad experiences…let’s start with the good.

Good news, Uee and Kahi were fully healed which we had a party for in the royal dorm. I also would like to add that during Uee and Kahi’s time of recovery in the infirmary that surprisingly me, Nana and Jungah weren’t the ones that often visit them…well I do go there every 3 times a day but sometimes never really came in…why? Well, because I often see Key and Jonghyun or one of them in there, Key would be there for Uee and Jonghyun would be there for Kahi. Reasons for them to be there is often one creating small talks or two just arguing with each other…number 2 is mainly applied to Key and Uee. But still even if none of them would admit it, I felt that there was a connection between the pairs which made me feel glad and happy.

Okay now for the sad bad news… to me it is. Apparently something is not right going on…not right going on with  Taemin. Taemin for unknown reasons had been a real pain in the to me. No, his no longer hating me, it’s a complete opposite actually which I rather preferred it to be the other instead. For the whole 2 weeks, every day, every hour, every minute, EVERY DAMN SECOND he would constantly follow me…no scratch that cling to me! And I mean as in every time the bell goes he would automatically jump and hug my arm before dragging me to my next class or drag me to his lunch table. And every time he would never shut up! He would always continue to yak on and on about that I don’t want to know for instant he would always talk about himself to me, if it’s not that then it’s about some girl name Boa that he has a crush on….WHY THE F*** WOULD I NEED TO KNOW THAT?! If it’s none of the first two then it would be about some random and useless things. And every god damn day I would think to myself…WHAT THE F*** DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS?! WAS IT BECAUSE I SMASHED THAT INNOCENT TABLE TO PIECES? IF THAT’S THE CASE I, AM DAMN SORRY! JUST END MY MISERY NOW! You may have think I’ve done nothing to stop him…but oh trust me I’ve tried, I’ve cursed him, yelled at him, scolded at him but he would always ignore them and just grin or take my threats as a joke. Now every time the bell rings I have to run for my dear life before he would cling to me.

‘BYUL WAKE UP! BYUL~ BYUL~ BYUL~’ I heard a known annoying voice shouting outside my tree house

‘SHUT UP!’ I shouted as stomped out of my bed and looked out of my balcony glaring down at the shouter

Taemin grinned brightly at me ‘GOOD MORNING BYUL~’ He shouted in a singing voice

Yes…another habit which I had being dealing with… he was like an annoying alarm clock. Every morning I would be hearing his voice outside my tree house screaming and shouting for me to get up.

I groaned ‘Go away Taemin’ I said glaring at him

He grinned up at me ‘Let’s have breakfast together!’ he suggested happily

‘Over my dead body’ I said

He pouted and did his puppy dog eyes….Which never ever ever works on me…to be honest it was just creepy how he does it.

I rolled my eyes ‘ your creepy dog eyes won’t work on me’ I stated, leaving the balcony and closed the door.

I got ready and went down stairs to make breakfast

Knock Knock Knock

I went to open the door

‘Morning Donsaeng!’ Kahi and Uee greeted me

I smiled ‘ Morning Unnis’ I greeted smiling

‘MORNING BYUL!’ a voice shouted from behind them

M y smile dropped as it was replaced with an annoyed frown

‘Leave’ I demanded

Taemin pouted ‘ but Taeminnie wants to have breakfast with Byul!’ He whined pouting

I glared at him ‘ Go away, I don’t want to have my morning with you’ I said

Taemin pouted at me before turning to face Uee and Kahi and gave them their puppy dog eyes ‘ Noonas I want to join breakfast with you, please~’ Taemin begged

Both Uee and Kahi ‘awed’ at his look before looking at me and smile ‘Let’s have him join us’ they said

My mouth dropped while Taemin grinned ‘ WHAT?! NO!’ I exclaimed

‘Aww c’mon Donsaeng, it won’t hurt anyone’ Uee said smiling

‘I don’t want him in my house though…’ I mumbled

Yes, another fact to add, Taemin had never being in my tree house before…while the other guys had…well not really. I had let Onew and Minho came in once because they were picking up their girlfriend…even if it was just a 5 minute walk from here to the dorm…they were still worried that something could have happen to Nana and Jungah. Key and Jonghyun…they had bust into my tree house because of something Kahi and Uee had done to them once… and that’s about it.

Taemin pouted ‘ everyone has been in your tree house besides Taeminnie it’s not fair’ he whined

My Eyes twitched ‘ and I plan to keep it that way’ I stated

‘C’mon now Donsaeng, just let him in once’ Kahi convinced me ‘ or me and Uee will eat in the cafeteria instead’

I glared at the ground ‘ fine’ I mumbled

Taemin cheered ‘YAY! ~ Thank You Noona!’ he said happily to Uee and Kahi before running into my tree house

Uee and Kahi came in after and giggled at Taemin’s reaction before sitting in the living room, I ignored the fascinated Taemin and joined the others at the table as we ate.

‘Taemin seem to be really close to you now’ Uee said smiling as she ate

‘ I beg for differ’ I said unhappily

Taemin then plop himself next to me and stared wide eyes at the food placed on the table

‘Whoa! They look good!’ he said drooling

Kahi laughed ‘They taste great too, our Donsaeng is truly the best’ she said smiling

I smiled happy that Kahi had complimented me but instantly frowned as Taemin started to stuff his face with my cooking.

‘Yah, slow down before you chock and die…I don’t want a dead body in my house’ I stated

Taemin pouted with his mouth full ‘ You're such a meanie’ he said

‘Don’t talk with your mouth full’ I scolded

Uee and Kahi laughed for a little while but continue to eat. After we finished eating and cleaning the dishes, we headed to class…with for me it was more like being dragged to class.

‘Morning Donsaeng~’ Nana and Jungah greeted me with a smile

I smiled and greeted them back. I was then pushed to sit in my usual seat while Taemin pulled out the seat that was next to my desk and sat down…yes…every single lesson he would always sit next to me…I thank the lord that I at least had one lesson without him.

‘Kekeke Byul did you know Taeminnie loves banana milk?!’ he questioned happily

I rolled my eyes ‘I’ve only heard about it a millions times’ I said sarcastically

The teacher came in and started class.

- During class-

You would have think that during class time I would be saved…well you thought wrong it only stop his annoying voice not his annoying personality. A note was placed on my desk…once again. I frowned and shot a glare at the sender of the note….Taemin. Not bothering to read it because I knew it would always be a Hi or something…does he really think I would write back! I crunched up the note and threw it out of the window and continue my work. Without even looking at him, I grew he would be pouting because I threw his note away without even reading it…but what can I say, he does it every day and I’m used to it.

- After Class-

Right as the bell rang, I dashed out of class as my life depended on it…and I seriously really mean it!

‘BYUL! ~’ I could hear Taemin shouting my name from behind.

Hearing his voice made me speed up even faster…this is pure torture…I know I should be happy that I no longer have any haters but…this was too ridiculous!

- Language Class-

I ran in class and sat in my seat, panting as I was catching my breath

‘Phahaha Morning Donsaeng~’ Uee and Kahi both greeting laughing slightly

‘Looks like you manage to ditch him again’ Kahi joked grinning

‘When will this nightmare end’ I muttered to myself but they heard it which they only laugh more

‘He seems to really like you, really attached’ Uee commented smiling ‘ also we have double lesson of Language and Home Eco today’

I groaned while my face was on the table

‘BYUL! Why did you leave Taeminnie behind!’ exclaimed the annoying voice

I bang my head on the table ‘Please Shut up’ I said

Taemin ignore me and sat next to me. Uee was in front of me while Kahi was behind me. Key and Jonghyun came in right after Taemin did and took their seats, Key being in front of Taemin and Jonghyun behind Taemin.

‘Hey y’ Jonghyun greeted with a flirty smirk looking at Kahi

Kahi eyes twitched ‘Hi.’ She short replied

Jonghyun smirked wider ‘Lets hang out after school ‘He suggested leaning closer to Kahi

Kahi smirked ‘Sorry, I don’t date, much less hang with Dinosaurs’ she said

Jonghyun mouth dropped hearing what Kahi had compared him to while we just laughed at him

Jonghyun pouted ‘I’m not a Dinosaur!’ he whined

‘Clearly you haven’t being looking in the mirror then huh’ Kahi stated more than questioning

Jonghyun sulked as he was defeated

‘Kahi is getting better at turning him down…’ I commented smiling

Uee nod ‘Unni is cool’ she complimented

Kahi grinned hearing us praising her ‘I know right’ she said grinning wider

The relationship with Kahi and Jonghyun now…is quite unusual if you ask me…this also started 2 weeks ago…where Jonghyun would always flirt or use very weird pickup lines on Kahi. Kahi had told me and Uee that she was very confused why he wasn’t angry anymore after all she did dyed his hair pink and smashed his Jr. She also had told us that he had being keeping her company when she was recovering… as much as she may have liked him, she chose to reject him every time he would ask her out because she very well knows of his player personality. She told us she would accept when he confesses to her whole-heartedly and change his personality. Which I was proud of her for?

‘Key Oppa do you want to study together?’ Uee suddenly asked Key while smiling

Key rolled his eyes ‘No, why would you even think I would even want study after school!’ he said crossing his arms ‘ You should think of better places to ask on dates 4 eyes’

Uee scratched her head which I found very adorable before smiling brightly

‘Then let’s have lunch in the garden’ she suggested

Key raised a brow at her ‘You can’t be serious right. That’s really lame!’ he said

Uee Pouted ‘Then where would you want to go?’ she asked

Key smirked ‘Even if I told you, I wouldn’t want to date a commoner’ he said

Uee only smiled ‘Be grateful that at least someone wants to date a drama queen like you’ she said grinning

Key mouth dropped ‘WHAT DID YO UJUST SAY!’ he exclaimed surprised ‘I’LL LET YOU KNOW I HAVE THOUSANDS OF FANGIRLS!’

‘No, you have a thousands of brainless bimbos’ Uee corrected grinning

Now let me explain Uee and Key’s Relationship…theirs is rather complicated…In the pass 2 week while Uee was recovering, Key had often visit her…but it was only because he wanted to start a fight because he was bored…but I knew better I guess you can say he was lonely to not have a partner to argue with. But while in those weeks Uee was feeling really happy that Key had been keep her company even if all they did was argue…what surprised me and Kahi though was the fact that she had told us that she even confessed to him when she had first recovered…but she had told us that he had rejected her because he doesn’t date commoners and that she thinks she may have feed on his ego even more now. You would have expected that she would be sad but nope…she was rather more determined to make him accept her which I find really admirable.

- During Class-

Our language teacher was teaching us English, now we had to have English conversation with the person next to us…

‘Hi my name is Lee Taemin’

 ‘ Noon Ki Byul’

I looked at the list of questions in English and chose one

 ‘What do you like to do?’

 ‘I like blue’

‘I asked you what you like to do, not your favorite color’ I said in Korean again

Taemin nod ‘Oh okay’ he said

‘I like to dance, what about you?’

‘I like to have peaceful time alone’

Taemin pouted ‘You don’t like spending time with Taeminnie!’ he exclaimed

My eyes twitched ‘Why the heck would I like spending time with you’ I stated

‘Yah, can’t you say anything use besides pick up lines’ Kahi questioned annoyed

‘You’re so hot, I thought I was hit by the sun’ Jonghyun said in English

Kahi groaned ‘Read off from the paper you idiot’ she scolded

Jonghyun Pouted ‘But I can’t read these’ he whined

Kahi face palmed ‘How is it possible that you can say stupid pickup lines and not ask a simple question?!’ she complained ‘How the hell do you pass these exams!’

‘Oh I buy my marks’ Jonghyun stated proudly

Kahi mouth dropped as she face palm herself ‘I should of known…’ she muttered to herself

Gosh did I feel sorry for her…I then turn my attention to Uee and Key...and I could say they both were really great at speaking English…well they were both having an English talking competition…

‘4 Eyes what do you like to do?’

‘I like reading and studying, what about you Mr. Snob’

‘I like shopping and reading the latest trends’

‘Gosh, you’re not a girl are you?’

‘Excuse me?!’

‘I said, are you sure you’re not a girl’

‘YAH! DON’T BE SMART WITH ME!’ Key shouted angrily back in Korean again

‘We’re having an English conversation aren’t we’ Uee questioned

Key shot her a glare ‘Don’t call me a girl!’ he said

And so they started to argue….Some parts in English and other parts in Korean…very fascinating isn’t it?

- End of Class-

I was about to chuck a run for it again…but sadly was a bit too slow as Taemin had  caught my arm and hugged it tightly

‘Let’s have lunch together!’ He declared happily

‘No thanks’ I denied

Sadly he doesn’t take no for an answer

‘Let’s Go! ~’ he said dragging me out

- Cafeteria -

I was dragged the whole way and was pushed down in a seat as Taemin sat down next to me. The others soon came and joined us.

‘Phahaha seems like Taemin caught you again’ Jungah said laughing

I let out a sigh of defeat ‘sadly’ I said

‘Taeminnie will go get lunch for you!’ Taemin said happily as he left to line up

‘Whoa…what did you do to our Taemin?’ Onew questioned

‘I pray that I would know so I could do the opposite’ I said

‘I never seen Taemin attached to someone like this before…I mean yeah he normally follows that B**** around but never once cling or drag her around’ Minho said

Yes, I knew who the ‘B****’ they were referring to, though I just wasn’t sure why they would call her that since Taemin always had told me so many nice things about her…well…more like he always praises her about how pretty she looked. Taemin came back with two trays of food and place them on the table

‘Here you go!’ he said happily

‘Taemin Oppa’ called a voice

‘Ah …it’s the B****’ Nana whispered so every but Taemin and Boa could hear

Taemin jumped back up and stood in front of Boa grinning like an idiot

‘Hey Boa-ah!~’ he said happily

I smiled happily as I can have moments of peace when eating

‘You seem really happy’ Jonghyun commented

I grinned ‘ I never thought he would leave me alone if she’s around!’ I said happily

Everyone shook their heads at me, Besides Taemin and Boa of course because they both were really into whatever they were talking about. But sadly when the rang again meaning it was the end of lunch and when Boa bid Taemin good bye, he squealed happily as he cling to me again and told me their whole conversation…which I didn’t want to know.

‘She’s so pretty!!!!’ he said happily

I rolled my eyes ‘ Yes, I get it now please shut up’ I said annoyed

He ignored me how ever and continue to talk on and on, the others who were following behind us all gave me a ‘ We feel sorry for you’ look

- Home Economic-

‘Everyone today we’re going to be making cookies!’ the teacher said ‘ Everyone please choose a partner’

Before I could dive and beg someone to be my partner, Taemin who had being hugging onto my arm cheered

‘YAY We’re going to be partners !’ He declared

My head drop down as I was feeling depress…in my head I was mentally sobbing.

‘C’mon Byul lets go to our bench!’ Taemin said excitingly

- During Cooking-

Basically…Taemin is completely useless…he couldn’t measure out the ingredient, he couldn’t shift flour in a bowl and he couldn’t pour milk in the bowl without spilling it….HE IS COMPLETELY USELESS!!!

‘Here! Take this and Mix it!’ I said annoyed as I gave him a bow with cream in it.

He took the bowl happily as he continue to talk more and more about Boa. I on the other hand was just half listening to him and doing my job.

‘do you think I should confess to her?’ he asked

‘why would you ask me’ I stated

‘Well you're my friend and I need to know whether I should or not’ he said

‘It’s your life so make your own choices’ I stated as I went to get baking paper.

Taemin pouted as he continue to mix the cream

‘ Byul, Taeminnie is being serious here, so please give me some advice’ he said

I let out a sigh of irritation ‘ well…do you really like her?’ I questioned as I cut the baking paper

Taemin nod ‘ Neh, I do. Really really really like her’ he said smiling

‘Do you really want to be with her?’ I questioned

Taemin Nod again ‘ Neh, I do, really really really want to’ he answered

‘Do you feel Happy around her?’ I questioned, while going to get some trays    

Taemin nod ‘Neh, I feel really really really Happy’ he said smiling

‘Then confess to her’ I stated as I came back with the trays

‘but what if she doesn’t like me?’ he asked

‘Then it’s your choice whether you would still like her or not’ I said

‘but then it’ll ruin our friendship’ he said

‘If you confess to her it shouldn’t ruin your friendship, if she chooses to also end your friendship…then, she’s just not the one for you’ I said

Taemin nod again absorbing in everything I’ve said. He then grinned and looked at me

‘Byul, You’ll be there when I confess. right!’ he suddenly declared which shocked me

The trays I held dropped as I turn to face him ‘ Why the F*** would I be there?!’ I exclaimed

He grinned ‘ cause I need your support! Silly’ he said happily

My eyes twitched ‘No. No, I will not be there’ I stated picking up the trays from the ground

Taemin had a look of disappointment and pouted ‘But I can’t do it if you’re not there’ he said

I gave him a weird look ‘get one of your Hyungs to go with you’ I said

He then gave me his famous puppy dog eyes ‘Please Byul! I want you to be there!’ he begged

‘that creepy look you always give me never works you know that’ I stated ‘ and no, I said I’m not going’

He looked down at the ground sadly…which actually made me feel a little sorry for him. I tried to ignore him but my eyes would always wonder back to him and seeing his pitiful sad look was eating my consciousness. I let out a sigh of irritation and defeat

‘Will you stop looking like that if I agree?’ I questioned annoyed

Instantly he grinned and nod quickly

‘I’ve lost my mind seriously…’ I muttered to myself before looking at him

He was giving me hopeful looks ‘ Fine I’ll go’ I said

He jumped and cheered ‘YAY YAY YAY!!! THANK YOU BYUL! YOU’RE THE BEST!!!!’ he shouted happily

Everyone in the classroom gave us a weird look

‘Yah. Yah! Stop it! Shut up!’ I scolded him

He stopped jumping and shouting but the huge grin on his face was stuck there…

‘Thank you!’ He said again happily

I groaned ‘Yeah I get it’ I said ‘ now hand me the cream’

Taemin nod happily about to hand me the cream but…

‘Oops…’ he said

I turn to face him…that didn’t sound good…

I glared at him ‘ what did you do to it?’ I questioned

He had a nervous smile on as he laughed nervously, I took the bowl from him and looked inside

‘Taemin….HOW THE HECK COULD YOU TURN CREAM INTO BUTTER!’ I said angrily

He jumped a little startled ‘I-I’LL MAKE ANOTHER ONE!’ he exclaimed as he ran to get more cream

‘God, do you really hate me this much?’ I questioned to myself

- End Of Class-

‘Yay we’re done!~’ Taemin cheered happily

‘I did all of the work…’ I mumbled

I went to put the equipment back

‘Byul, since Taeminnie is confessing to her, what should Taeminnie get for her’ he asked

‘Something you never got for her before’ I said

Taemin sat on a stool thinking real hard, while I was getting paper bags to split the cookies.

‘I don’t know what to buy for her’ he said after a while of thinking

‘Why not make her something instead then…making something is more meaningful then buying something anyway’ I stated

Taemin nod ‘ but I don’t know what to make…’ he said sadly

He then started to list a whole list of things that he couldn’t make

‘I can’t sew’

‘I can’t draw’

‘I can’t knit ’

‘Basically I’m not creative’ he said pouting ‘And---’

Having heard enough of his bragging, I stuff one cookie in his mouth shutting him up.

I sighed ‘ why not cookies since we learnt it today’ I said

Taemin chewed on the cookies and squealed in delight

‘They’re so yummy!’ he exclaimed happily

‘Of course they are…I made them…I did everything’ I thought rolling my eyes

‘I’ll just give these cookies to her!’ he said

I hit him lightly on the head ‘Yah, that’ll be meaningless then, since I made those Cookies’ I said

Taemin pouted ‘ but I can’t cook’ he said

‘If you really like her, then you’ll give it a shot’ I stated ‘ it’ll mean a lot if you’ve given her something you work hard on’

Taemin smiled and nod happily ‘ Okay then’ he said ‘oh yea, tomorrow I’ll come and pick you up after I’m done making the cookies and we can go to the garden and see Boa together!’

I gave him a strange look ‘ how would you know that she’s gonna be in the garden’ I questioned

He grinned ‘I know a lot about Boa-ah’ he said proudly

‘His a damn stalker…’ I muttered to myself

Taemin happily jumped up and down again ‘ YAY! I’m so excited and happy!’ he said grinning

‘Stop jumping around…it’s embarrassing’ I stated

He listened but continued to giggle like a schoolgirl and was grinning like an idiot. I shook my head…this is not worth it right?