Chapter 11 – Music Assignment + Tricked = Expectation Of A Message

The Old Fashioned Princess

-Your Pov-

Someone shaking me awaked me, and so it happened that when I opened my eyes I saw Taemin's grinning face as he was calling my name.

'Yah shut up, I’m up!' I said sitting up.

Taemin stepped back giving me some 'personal space'

'Good Morning Byul-a-na Milk!~' He said happily, then opened his arms ' Morning hug!’ I he said.

I gave him the 'have you gone insane' look. He expected me to hug him? Man had he lost his mind.

'Ah..No' I said getting out of bed.

Taemin pouted 'I want morning hugs!' he repeated.

I sighed ' GO back to your dorm and get ready' I said, pushing towards the door.

He continued to whine and pout.

' If you don't go right now, I’m gonna throw you out from my balcony window' I threatened.

Taemin frowned but listened.

'Gosh, that guy is getting weirder each time' I thought.

After I got ready and had ate breakfast, I went out and just to my luck Taemin was there.

'Let’s go to class together Byul-a-na milk' Taemin said as he dragged me to class. There was really no point in asking. Our first class was Music, we all took our seats and waited for the teacher to come in.

'All right everyone today, I’m going to give you, your first assignment!' the teacher said smiling like he was proud.

Most of the class groaned while they passed down the assignment paper. I took one and passed it on.

'Your assignment is to create instrumental music that recreates the atmosphere of the olden days' the teacher said.

'EW! That's so boring!' a girl said.

'Yeah! What kind of century do you think we're living in!' another girl added.

'Oh man this is so lame' said a guy

'This is gonna be fun' I said smiling

Everyone in the classroom turn and looked at me, I guess you could say I wasn't really listening to their complaints but even if I did heard it, I was still against it anyway.

'What?' I said

'Really?.. You think this is fun?' Jonghyun asked, I guess he agreed the others about it being boring.

I nod ' yea why?' I asked

'You’re really an old fashioned Princess' Onew joked and laughed a little.

'I think it's gonna be fun too!' Taemin said smiling

'If Taemin Oppa says its fun then I should be fun right?' a girl squealed

Great...so if a Kingka says it's fun then they all change their minds? Does this sound like brainwash to you?

' For this assignment you can work by yourself or work in pairs but only with another student in this class though and You have a week to finish this assignment, then you'll be selecting one of the instruments in your music and perform it in front of everyone' the teacher said.

'I'm so excited!' I thought happily.

- Taemin Pov -

Byul looked really excited which made me smile.

'Byul-a-na Milk! let’s work be partners!' I suggested

'No thanks' she said not even looking at me.

Byul is being mean again...but then again she's always like this...I need to think of another plan

'Byul-a-na Milk~ pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase~~~~ I need help with this kind of assignment' I begged her.

She rolled her eyes ' No means no' she said again.

And so for the whole class lesson I’ve continue to whine and beg her. The bell rang, it was a free period next so that was good. And the usual happened as always Byul had ran out of class leaving me behind...again. But this was a part of my entertainment each day and besides it was fun to chase and catch Byul. I grinned and took out my new phone and texted to her.

'Did you get a new phone Taemin?' Key asked looking at the phone I was using to text.

I nod 'Yep! I brought one for Byul-a-na milk too' I said.

' Phahaha you know usually the girls get the pink one' Jonghyun laughed.

'Byul-a-an Milk liked the Chocolate colored one and besides the Strawberry one is pretty' I said.

'You do know those are couple phones right?' Minho said.

'Aww that’s so cute! Taemin do you have a crush on our Donsaeng' Uee said grinning.

My face went red 'NO! We're close friends!' I denied.

They all just grinned and smirked  'whatever you say' they all said at once.

I ignored them and sent the text to Byul.

'Well, anyway bye guys! I have to catch Byul-a-na Milk' I said excitingly running out of the door.

- Your Pov-

I ran out and sprinted for my life, while I was running my phone vibrated. Without stopping I putted the phone out, to see I had a message.

From: Dog Face

Phahaha you can run but you can't hide Byul-a-na milk! Let’s make a bet... if I can catch you then you have to help me work with the assignment instead of being partners. Now it's fair right?!! ^^

OH HELL NO! I'm gonna win this no matter what happens!. I speed up and run even faster, there was no way am I ever going to lose to this bet. NEVER EVER!

- Taemin Pov -

I've been running around the academy for a while and still haven't found her yet, I was actually getting worried that I might lose to the bet. I sped up, there was no way am I ever going to lose to my own bet.

'Taemin Oppa?' a voice called me.

I instantly stopped in my tracks and turned around, it was Boa-ah.

'Hi Boa-ah' I greeted her with a smile.

There was a moment of awkward silence

'Um..well I just want to say..thanks' she said breaking the silence.

I gave her a confused look ' why are you thanking me?' I asked.

'For yesterday' she said ' you wanted to stop that guy from hurting me right?' she asked.

Oh yea that incident yesterday...

'Ah but you shouldn't be thanking me...' I said 'You should be thanking Byul-a-na Milk' I said and smiled.

It's true, it was Byul who saved the day...BYUL!

'AH! I almost forgot!' I exclaimed in panic,' Sorry Boa-ah But I have to catch Byul-a-na Milk!' I said before running off.

-Boa Pov -

What is this?! I was feeling angry really really angry.

'How dare that B**** made Taemin like her more than me' I thought angrily.

And what the hell was 'Byul-a-na Milk'?! Taemin doesn't even give me a nickname and we've known each other for 2 years!

I have to take back what’s mine

- Your Pov-

I was on the rooftop of the academy, resting from my long run.

'He'll never find me here' I said to myself.

' AH HA! TAEMINNIE GOT YOU!' I heard a voice shouted before I was tackled to the ground in a hug.

'YAH! YOU STUPID DOG FACE!' Was the only thing I could shout.

Taemin only laughed and grin because of his victory.

'Yay! I won!' He cheered.

We both were still on the ground.

'Yah...Dog face get off me' I said.

Taemin sat up and I sat up also

'Your nothing but trouble, you know that' I joked.

' Aww those are lies, Taeminnie is an angel!' He said looking innocent.

'Psh your also mentally damaged' I added.

' Kekeke but Taeminnie is you're mentally damaged friend' Taemin said grinning.

I raised a brow at him 'You’re an idiot' I said shaking my head.

'Kekeke I’m your idiot though' He said.

I shot him a glare ' I don't want an idiot' I said.

His grin dropped and was just staring at me.

'Was it mean, to say that?; I thought to myself.

' But...' Taemin's voice knocked me out of my thinking. ‘But you don’t mind an idiot right?' Taemin questioned with a smile

My eyes widen slightly at what he had said. For some odd reason my heart was beating really fast.

'YAH! Stop beating so fast!' I scolded myself.

-Taemin Pov -

You could say I was a little hurt by her words, but then something popped into my mind.

' but...' I paused to think ' But you don’t mind an idiot right?' I questioned with a smile

She looked me, surprised. She then suddenly stood up which made me feel slightly anxious.

'I guess... instead of wanting one..I end up needing one' She said looking away from me ' my life is too complicated' she said and walked away.

She doesn't want me, but needed me...to me.. That was one of the best things I’ve ever heard. The anxious feeling vanished and I was happy, really happy. I got up and quickly followed after her.

'BYUL-A-NA MILK LETS START ON OUR ASSIGNMENT TONIGHT!' I shouted excitingly, only to earn a groan from her.

- 4 Days Later-

- Your Pov-

To put it simple, 4 days from the day we got the assignment I’ve been helping Taemin with his Music. Every day we would either meet in the music room or it was on the rooftop fixing the notes and would spend 5 hours on it. To be honest I was impress by how hard working he was, He would ask me to listen to his music or what should the next part be.

'YES! I FINISHED!' Taemin cheered and danced around.

We were both on the rooftop adding some finishing touch to our music. I chuckled at his childishness.

'Do you want me to check it over for you?' I asked.

He stopped dancing and smiled at me ' No, I want you to hear it on the day' He said.

I gave him a blank look like saying to him 'are you serious?'

'I've practically know how your music sounds like besides the last 10 second of it' I stated.

It was true, the music was limited to 3 minutes or less, and I’ve already heard 2:50 minutes of it. Taemin pouted.

'It still counts! Besides the last 10 seconds is the best part of it!' He said grinning.

This guy was an idiot to the bone. I shook my head at him and continue to fix up my music.

'How come you never ask me for help?' Taemin suddenly asked.

'Cause I know what I’m doing' I responded without stopping writing.

I could see him nodding at my response from the corner of my eye. After a while later I also had finally finished my music.

' Finally done at last' I said smiling, proud of myself.

'YAY! Now you can play it to me!' Taemin said happily.

'You'll have to wait for it on the day' I said smirking.

'AW! That’s not fair!' Taemin whined and pouted.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention during the time we have been working on our music, I’ve never played it or showed my music score to him. There were countless times that he would beg but I rejected it, of course.

' Anyway, since we both finished we both should start practicing' I said.

Taemin smiled ' Okay! Should Taeminnie go first or you' Taemin asked.

This was going to be hard. Basically I was hoping to be able to practice alone...which means...yes no Taemin. It wasn't like I didn't want him to be around or other misunderstanding things but... I wanted to be able to perfect this, so when I perform it, everyone would think differently of historian/traditional music. Yes, my classmates bothered me when they say comments like 'boring' and 'lame'. I did lived like how Jonghyun said it 'old fashioned' but that was a part of me, I was raised and grew up like that and lived it, so it was important to me.

' If I practiced with you..wouldn't that mean I’ll be listening to your whole music...' I said ' and didn't you say you wanted me to hear it on the day'

Damn was I good.

Taemin pouted ' you don't want to practice with me, do you?' Taemin questioned, hitting the bull eye.

Damn..he got smarter...

I nod ' I want to perform this perfectly... I only want you to hear it perfect with no flaws' I said

It was true, I didn't want any flaws or mistake when playing. I looked at Taemin to see how he would react to this, to my surprised he smiled.

'Aww Byul-a-na Milk wants to perform it perfect for Taeminnie!' He happily said.

My eyes twitched... he thinks I’m doing this to...impress him?! His too god damn up with himself...

Jonghyun and Key's personality must of influenced it on him.' I thought to myself.

'YAH! don't conclude things like that!' I said glaring at him

' It's okay, you don't have to deny it! Taeminnie understands it!' He said more happy.

I growled at him and shot him a glare

'I should tell this to my Hyungs and Noonas' He said and happily ran out.

'YOU STUPID DOG FACE COME BACK HERE!' I exploded and chase after him.

-Taemin Pov -

I ran back to the dorm with Byul right behind me, luckily I made it to the dorm first.

'BYUL-A-NA MILK IS TRYING TO IMPRESS ME!' I shouted happily as I got inside the dorm.

Shinee and Jungah, Nana, Uee and Kahi were all in the living watching TV. Their jaws dropped at what I had just shouted.

'WHAT?!' they all shouted.

'YOU DAMN STUPID DOG FACE GET BACK HERE!' I heard Byul's shout.

She then ran in and I hid behind Key Hyung, she shot me a glare saying ' you’re dying tonight dog face'

'Byul... Taemin said you’re trying to impress him...ehh is that true' Onew asked with an amused look on.

'Hell no, stupid dog Face concluded that on his own' Byul said crossing her arms.

Everyone gave out a sigh of relief, which caught my attention.

'Why did you guys sigh like that' I asked.

'If Byul ever tries to impress a guy, that would be the end of the world' Kahi said, which made everyone nod in agreement.

' Yep, so don't count on it' Uee added

There was a small feeling for disappointment, I pushed it aside and grinned.

'Anyway, have you guys finish with your assignment yet?' Byul asked.

'Yep' everyone said at once.

'Kekeke and I must say…ours is gonna be the best' Kahi said grinning, Jonghyun smirked and nod.

I need to mention that everyone was paired up, the guys with their girlfriends, It was only me and Byul who were individuals.

'Hold it just a minute Kahi, Me and Key's music will probably beat yours without a doubt' Uee said, Key smirked and wrap his arm around her.

'Psh you guys are armatures, it's obvious who's the best' Minho said.

'Phahaha you're only good at rapping, when it's music it's obviously our group' Kahi said.

And so that was how hell began in the living room. Me and Byul stood by the sidelines and watched amused.

'I would stop them, but this is really entertaining' Byul said, not looking away for even a second.

I laughed and nod agreeing with her.

'Let's settle this with a bet!' Minho suddenly declared.

This made everyone stop and paid attention to Minho.

'Who or whichever pair gets the highest marks for this assignment is the winner' he said.

'What’s the prize?' Key asked, interested.

Everyone thought for a moment, while me and Byul were more amazed and interested on what’s going to happen next. It was like a movie really.

'The winner gets to pick out what to eat and the losers will have to pay for it all' Onew suddenly said.

Byul face palmed herself

'That guy only thinks of food really' she said.

Everyone seemed fine with that.

'It's settled then' Minho said.

'Wait... Is Taeminnie and Byul-a-na Milk in the bet as well?' I asked.

'Neh' they all said at once.

'What?!' Byul exclaimed ' but I wasn't even a part of the argument!' she protested.

'Aww, c'mon Byul it'll be fun' Kahi said.

'Yeah! think of all the food you could eat..for free' Uee added

Byul's eyes twitched ' I’m not a Onew Oppa, so don't say it like that' she said.

Everyone then tried to convince her but Byul being stubborn as a bull, protested and rejected. It went on for a while until I saw Kahi Noona had an evil look on like she had come up with something.

'Oh I see' Kahi said, getting everyone's attention.

'What?' Byul asked.

'You’re not confident' Kahi said and smirk. ' you’re not confident that you'll win'

At that, it made Byul's jaws drop.

'WHAT?!' Byul exclaimed.

Everyone smirked catching on, what Kahi was trying to do. I on the other hand was mentally laughing as Byul had fallen into Kahi Noona's trap.

'Ah I get it now' Nana said, ' I guess that’s okay then...Since our scared and we wouldn't want to force you into it' Nana added, pushing Byul a little further.

'Yeah, we can understand that your music must be really crappy if you don't want to be in the bet' Uee said smirking evilly.

Byul then cracked.

'YAH! Just you all wait and see! You better get your money ready cause I’m gonna buy the whole damn world!" Byul exploded.

There was a moment of silence before everyone including me burst out laughing, excluding Byul she was confused.

'Yah! Why are you guys laughing?' Byul asked.

'A-AIGOO! Your fell for my trap!, you're so cute Donsaeng' Kahi said still laughing.

'You’re really easy to trick Donsaeng~' Jungah added also laughing.

Byul pouted and crossed her arms ' Whatever! I’m going to practice' Byul said and left.

I was still laughing, Byul was so cute. But from this, I had learned something else about Byul...She doesn't like to be underestimated, so she'll do whatever it takes to prove them wrong. I smiled, Byul was really something, in a good way of course.

-The Next day (Saturday)-

-Your Pov-

Today is the start of the weekends, which means 2 days of practicing for the due date of the assignment. I got up and did my daily routine, though something was missing from the daily routine.

'That’s funny. Usually Taemin would be trying to break down my door or would shout his lungs out to let him in' I thought.

To be honest, I was a little bothered by it...

'Gosh, I must be losing my mind' I said to myself.

I shook my head getting rid of the thought. I walked out and headed to the dorm. I knocked and Key was the one to have opened.

'Good Morning Byul ' Key greeted me.

'Morning to you too' I greeted back..' I just wanted to tell you guys that I’ll be practicing for the whole weekend, so I might not be around much' I said.

'No problem I’ll tell everyone' Key said and smiled.

'Oh and please make sure the Dog Face doesn't come to bother me' I added.

Key laughed ' I don't think my baby would be anyway because his being into practicing since yesterday...but I’ll tell him' Key said.

I was surprised to hear that but then smiled, it was a good thing that Taemin was working really hard and taking it seriously.

'Well I’m off to practice then!' I said

'Fighting Byul' Key said before closing the door.

Well, if Taemin was getting serious then I guess I should too, I wouldn't want to lose to him as well as the others. I went to my secret place and start to practice.

-Taemin Pov -

I've been practicing since yesterday after the bet was made. I was determined to do well for this assignment, some of the reasons were... 1. I can't lose the bet... 2 Byul had help me with this assignment and I don't want to let her efforts to go to waste...and 3 because I want to do this for myself as well... grade wise obviously.

knock knock

' Come in' I said.

Key Hyung came in.

'Hi Hyung!' I greeted him.

'Make sure to have a rest too all right? Don't keep practicing too long.' Key said.

I nodded ' is that all you wanted to tell me?' I asked.

'Byul came just then' Key said

This caught my attention

'What was Byul-a-na milk doing here?' I asked, carious.

'She just wanted to let everyone know that she'll be practicing for the whole weekend' Key said.

'Ah' was all I said.

'And she left a message for you too' Key said

my face lid up

'Really?! What she say?!' I asked excited.

Key chuckled ' she said not to bother her' he said.

I was disappointed that, that was her only message to me.

I pouted 'Aigoo! She should of said something else!' I whined.

' What would of you want her to say' Key asked.

'I don't know. Maybe something like...'Good Luck Taemin' or ' Work hard and I’ll treat you to Banana milk ' or ' don't over work yourself'..' I said and listen other things.

Key burst out laughing 'Phahaha if Byul said those things it wouldn't be Byul and besides those things are what your Umma would say 'Kay said, pointing to himself.

I pouted, I know that Key Hyung as well as the others in the dorm would say those things to me...but if Byul was to say it to me it'll be special.

Ping Ping You got message~

I looked at my phone which was next to me. IT WAS A MESSAGE FROM BYUL! I immediately opened it to read it.

From: Byul-a-na Milk

Work hard but at the same time have some rest too!

You have to get an A! Alright?!

Fighting!

I was overwhelmed with happiness and joy, that I forgot Key Hyung was still in my room and squealed. I jumped around, I soon then stopped when Key cleared his throat. I felt my face going red from embarrassment.

'So..I guess Byul texted you right?' Key teased me with a smirk.

My face only got redder and he laughed more.

'H-Hyung! I have to practice!' I complained and pushed him out of my room.

I could still hear him laughing though, his laugh was so loud. My face was still red from embarrassment but then I quickly text Byul back, after that was done, I was even more determined and motivated to do even better.

-Your Pov-

I was practicing when my phone vibrated, looking at it, it was a message from Taemin.

From: Dog Face

Thank You Byul-a-na Milk! ^^

Good luck practicing!

And don't overworked yourself!

Drink a lot of Banana Milk! ^^

I laughed at the message, Taemin and his banana milks.