Chapter 29 = They Believe Her + His Bothered = Their Little Princess

The Old Fashioned Princess

-3rd Person Pov-

It’s no lie that everyone could see the dramatic change in both Byul and Taemin’s behavior towards each other. Both didn’t…hadn’t utter a single word to each other ever since from their last fight…they ignored each other.

Rumors had also been spreading around words that were often talked behind Byul’s back were all along the lines of…

‘What kind of princess is she?...’

‘She’s dangerous, they should just kick her out.’

‘She’s not a princess, she’s a psyco B****’

‘You don’t belong here B****’

And far many more, there were even many few teachers who would give Byul a displeased look during class. While as on the other hand Boa and Taemin received warm and comforting gestures from all of the students.

Of course the royals, L.Joe, Uee and Kahi knew better and knew what to believe. Each day that had gone by, they would stick close to Byul and stay by her side, sending glares and threatening looks to any students who would give their little princess dirty looks or insulting comments.

Byul was grateful and thankful of her friends, without them the days that had gone by, would have been hell for her. Sure she’s a strong girl and wouldn’t let anyone’s words and behavior affect her…but every strength has it’s breaking point.

On Taemin’s side, he would do his best to always be with Boa, He was grateful of the students to be so kind to them. Every time he would never fail to send a hatful glare at Byul, when his sees her…he didn’t know why but it was a new natural instinct.

-Your Pov-

I sat in the dorm along with the others, eating lunch. They had suggested this because they didn’t like how many students would be sending glares to our table…to me.

Noon Ki Byul please report to the headmaster office.

They all looked at me, I could see that they were worried.

‘Byul do you want us to come with you?’ Uee asked

I smiled and shook my head ‘It’s fine. I’ll be back quick’ I said and headed to the headmaster office.

During my trip there…I could hear students in the hall whispering to each other…

‘Finally, she’s going to get kick out.’

‘it finally reached to the headmaster’

‘bye B****’

I tried hard not to roll my eyes at them.

-Head Master Office -

I entered the office and bowed politely.

‘Please take a seat Miss Noon.’ The headmaster said smiling

I sat in the chair in front of the headmaster’s desk.

‘You probably already know why I’ve called you here.’ He said

I nod ‘Neh’ I answered

‘Then please tell me your side of the story.’ He said which surprised me

‘Um…pardon me?’ I questioned

‘I would like to hear your side of the story’ he repeated with a smile

I was sure enough that he would of heard the rumors already…but never the less I was happy…I was happy he was asking for my side instead of had concluded to the rumors that spread around.

‘To keep it simple and short…the student and me did not get along well. I had meet up with her in the music room as she had requested and from there…’I paused a little thinking of how to word it out. ‘From there that’s how the music room became a mess.’

‘That student is Dong Boa correct?’ he asked

I nod ‘Neh.’ I said

‘I won’t ask what situation it is between you two since it’s personal. But I would like to know…did you abused her and were you the one to have involved the equipment in the music room in the fight?’ The headmaster asked

I shook my head ‘I didn’t abused her. The injuries are fake, so are her hair, swollen eyes, tears and rip clothes.’ I answered ‘And I wouldn’t really called it a fight since it was one-sided and I did not used the equipment’

The headmaster had a confused and questioning facial expression on. ‘What do you mean that it is fake?.’ He said

‘Her injuries are done by make up, you can say that she messed up and ripped her own clothes…simply she had made herself looked as if she was abused.’ I Answered

‘A one sided fight…. that would mean she was one to have thrown the equipment at you, correct?’ He questioned

I nod ‘Neh’ I said

‘I heard that Me. Lee had caught the sight of you holding a guitar’ he stated ‘can you explain that situation?’

‘I found the reason for all of this to have happened unreasonable, it was more unreasonable that she would be damaging the music room’s equipment, so I stopped her and took the equipment away from her. Which was the guitar, Lee Taemin had came in at that time and must of misunderstood the situation.’ I said.

The headmaster nod and let out a smile ‘I believe you Miss Noon, and you don’t have to worry about the rumors I’ll take care of it.’ He said

I smiled feeling grateful yet at the same time more disappointed…disappointed in Taemin…even the headmaster who barely knows me would believe me and hear my side of the story before deciding…

‘Thank You Sir…but there’s no need, as long as you understand and let it pass, that’s all that matters’ I said grateful of him

The headmaster frowned slightly ‘may I ask why, you wouldn’t need the help?’ he questioned

I smiled ‘royals have their ups and downs…hard times and good times.’ I said ‘this is my down and hard time…one that I would want to get back up and on track on my own. Royals having really high prides don’t you think?’

The headmaster let out a laugh and nod ‘Neh, that is true. You may leave’ he said smiling ‘oh, and you have my fullest support. Fighting Princess Noon Ki Byul’

I grinned and nod ‘Neh, thank you.’ I said and left.

I’ll do my best…my best to get back on my feet. Being the proud person I am. Being the proud princess I should be.

For my village’s sake.

For my friends.

And importantly…for myself.

-Taemin Pov-

I sat in the living room with the others watching Tv. When the dorm door opened and closed, instantly my Hyungs and Noona went to greet Byul…tsk how could they be like this after hearing what she had done to Boa? I guess they were just forgiving people. I stood up and leaned on the living room door frame, watching from a far as they all gathered around Byul, questioning her about what the headmaster had talked to her about.

‘hopefully the headmaster sees that she was a mistake and kicked her out’ I thought.

‘What did he say?!’ Nana questioned worryingly

‘Yeah! Are you in trouble?!’ Jungah exclaimed

‘Are you getting punished?’ Chunji asked in a panic

‘OR worst! Did he kick you out of the academy?!’ Key exclaimed worried and panicking

I rolled my eyes, why were they wasting their worrying and panicking over someone like her? But honestly…I was also curious…what DID they talked about.

Byul smiled and chuckled ‘ani, you guys are worrying and panicking too much. It turned out better then I expected’ she said

 ‘So your not in trouble?!’ Uee questioned hopefully

‘Your not getting punished?’ Jonghyun continued

‘Your not kicked out of the academy?’ L.Joe questioned

Byul grinned ‘Nope. We talked and he was very understanding, so he let me off’ she explained

‘So you practically told him a lie to get out of trouble. Tsk expected’ I said without even realizing it.

Everyone turned to face me and a few had open their mouth to say something, But had beat them to it.

‘Don’t worry about it…’ Byul said to the others and smiled ‘the dorm needs peace once every while’ she joked.

I frowned, a heavy feeling was in my chest which I didn’t like…it must be the hate that I felt towards her. She was clearly ignoring me…not that I care, she had pretended that nothing had happened like she had a clear, pure and innocent soul...that’s Bull. Surprised that I’m cussing a lot now? Well that’s all Byul’s fault. Cussing had became a habit now…cussing about her or at her that is.

Not liking how the others were crowding and telling her how happy they were that she wasn’t in trouble, I returned back into the living room.

I can’t stand her.

-Your Pov-

I was surprised for a moment by the fact that Taemin had open his mouth and spoke to me, though the words that flew out of his mouth upset me, I could see that the others were opening their mouth to defend me or scold him and I didn’t want that to happen…it’d caused too many conflicts in the dorm. So I told them not to worry about it and joked, I glanced at Taemin to see that he was annoyed…angry even because I had brush off his comment and ignored him, so he went back into the living room.

‘Tsk seriously that guy.’ I heard L.joe muttered annoyed

‘Let it be, that’s not important though’ Minho said and smiled ‘we should be glad that Byul is still here’

Everyone nod agreeing ‘Shall we celebrate?’ Nana questioned happily

I let out a soft laugh ‘what is there to celebrate? It’s nothing special’ I said

Jungah pouted ‘what do you mean it’s not important?! What if you really did get kicked out!’ she cried dramatically ‘That’ll rip all of our motherly hearts out!’

I shook my head at Jungah’s childish and dramatic behavior

‘I say we should have a BBQ.’ Minho suggested.

Jonghyun and Onew face brightened up ‘YES!’ they both shouted happily ‘BBQ!’

Everyone nod liking Minho’s idea.

‘Shall we split up into groups then?’ Nana questioned

‘I’M GOING WITH MY BABE!’ Jonghyun shouted loudly, earning a smack on the head from Kahi.

‘Aishi, your so noisy.’ Kahi said annoyed

‘I call Uee~’ Key sang happily

L.joe grin ‘Chunji baby~’ he also sang earning a look of horror form Chunji.

‘Well then I guess, Key, Uee, Jonghyun, Kahi, Onew and Jungah you guys are in charge of getting all the foods and drinks’ Minho instructed ‘Me, Nana, Chunji and L.joe will set up everything here.’

‘What about me?’ I asked, not hearing my name

Minho smiled ‘of course our little princess has to be laid back and relax.’ He said as if it was most obvious

- That Night -

Just it so happens everything was set up behind the dorm…which was in front of my tree house…and let’s just say…that they all did go a little overboard

‘Are you guys holding a prom here?’ I stated, staring at the sight before me.

Sure it’s very beautiful and all, but seriously isn’t it too much?

There were lights hanging from tree to trees, in many different colors...as if it was Christmas time of the year. A long wooden table and bench were in the middle, decorated with flowers and balloons. The BBQ was set next to the table, Minho and Onew were both there cooking, Jungah and Nana both were laying out the utensils, Jonghyun was fooling around and Key was one to nag at him, Chunji and L.Joe were both getting the drinks and storing them in a box filled with ice. Kahi and Uee were both grinning from ear to ear beside me, very proud of how everything was set out. Of course Taemin wouldn’t be around here.

‘You think so? I actually think it’s still a little plain.’ Kahi commented

I gave her a funny look which said ‘are you kidding me?’.

Uee chuckled ‘c’mon now, let’s get the party started.’ She said and both her and Kahi pulled me to the table, seating me down.

‘You like it?’ L.Joe asked smirking

‘what’s there not to like.’ I retorted

‘I don’t know…maybe like Chunji is not dating me’ L.Joe joked, earning a smack on the head from Chunji.

‘F***ing desperate idiot.’ Chunji insulted

‘BABE!!! TELL HIM TO SHUT UP!!!’ Jonghyun whined, running and hiding behind Kahi from the non-stop nagging Key.

‘YAH!’ Key shouted angrily

Uee and Kahi rolled their eyes and stopped the two from continuing to cause a ruckus.

‘Yah! Stop filling the whole grill with chickens!’ Minho scolded at Onew

Onew grinned ‘but chicken is the best~’ he said happily.

‘YOU BROUGTH LIKE 3 KILOS OF CHICKENS!’ Minho shouted going insane

‘Aishi, I knew that it would have been best to leave him behind’ Jungah commented shaking her head

‘Well…it can’t be helped… him without chicken is like no peeing…’ Nana said ‘and it’s good to have Minho creak once in every while…’

Jungah gave Nana a wired look ‘of all things…you compared it to peeing?’ she questioned

Jungah shrugged her shoulders ‘ never was good at comparing.’ She stated

Without thought, I found myself laughing softly to myself.

They…who didn’t need to do this for me.

Who doesn’t need to buy me presents or get me food to cheer me up.

Of course they don’t know it.

But really…

They just had to be there for me….

And that’s enough to cheer me up.

I smiled whole-heartedly and sincerely.

‘Thank You.’

- Chunji Pov -

I watched as Byul was smiling and laughing, that was the face I knew and wished for her to have every second. It wasn’t just me who felt and could see this, everyone did and that made us happy. My mind then started to wonder off to Taemin…who I seemed to have forgotten for a moment.

‘ I should bring him something to eat.’ I thought

Of course Taemin refused to join the party since it was for Byul, but this was like our dinner, and there’s practically nothing to eat in the fridge. So as a caring cousin that I am, I brought some food to him. I went up to his room, since he wasn’t in the living room, I knocked on his door and waited for him to let me in.

The door opened and Taemin looked out ‘Oh Chunji.’ He said ‘what are you doing here?’

‘Bringing you food, since I thought you might be hungry’ I answered

Taemin stared at the plate of food in my hand for a moment ‘Not eating that’ he said

I rolled my eyes, i knew clearly he was hungry but was being childish and denied it.

‘What does this plate of food got to do with Byul? I brought to you not like she is.’ I stated

‘That food is for her party. So no.’ Taemin retorted

I held back a groan, how childish can he get?

‘Taemin stop being childish and just eat the damn food.’ I said, feeling annoyed

Taemin was about to reject again, but then his stomach growled which he frowned in defeat and took the plate. ‘Fine, but it’s because you brought it to me.’ He said

I rolled my eyes again at his behavior, I walked into his room and sat on his bed while Taemin sat on the floor and ate quietly. During the silence I was deep in my thought, there was the need that I had to talk with about what had been happening lately but then again…what right did I have to prey into it. While having my thoughts fighting each other, I could sense that Taemin was glancing at me every once a while, as if he wanted to say or ask something but was debating weather he should or not.

My eyes twitched feeling annoyed by his continuous glancing ‘Something you want to say?’ I questioned

Taemin stopped eating and looked on the ground, he seemed hesitated to say what he wanted to.

‘Just spit it out, it’s unlike you to not say what you want, when you always just say it.’ I stated

‘what do you guys see in her?’ I barely heard Taemin’s question due to how soft he was saying it.

I raised a brow ‘what do you mean? You should know why.’ I stated

There was a deep frown that appeared on his face ‘I use to know why, but those are just lies. So why don’t you tell me why, you guys are caring so much for her.’ He said

My eyes hardened but I kept my face blank. ‘ You don’t even know what is the truth or lies.’ I said

‘What do you mean?’ He asked

‘Your always assuming things and one-sided in your thoughts. You only believe in what YOU want to.’ I explained

‘So you saying that I am the one who’s wrong?’ Taemin questioned, anger coming through his voice.

‘Personally yes, but obviously you would think different.’ I said, before looking at him sternly ‘ But why bother talking to me about this when your only going to end up being stubborn to even consider what I am saying? ‘

I stood up from his bed.

‘Just know this. she’s better off without you and you without her. There’s no need to continue this matter.’ I stated

I was about to leave, but Taemin stood up blocking my way. I gave him a questioning look but that look disappeared as I stared into the face of Taemin’s…who held an unreadable expression…well his face was blank but I could see it in his eyes,  the emotions I had never seen before from him. It was along the line of anxiously mixed with sadness…fear….and…hurt?

‘Why in the world is he feeling hurt? I seriously don’t get this mind of his.’ I thought

‘She’s better off without me?’ I barely heard him whispering.

His eyes wondered to the ground as if he had spotted something fascinating there.

‘That’s not true.’ Taemin said more hearable now.

I watched his actions and emotions closely ‘ what’s not true?’ I questioned

‘She’s not better off without me! Or am I without her!’ He said sternly

I was surprised but that feeling left as it was replaced with anger.

I scoffed ‘last time I checked you were cussing and being a jackass to her’ I stated ‘How does that make anyone better?’

Taemin’s fist clutched them into a fist. ‘We’re just angry at each other from a small fight. We’ll be friends again.’ He said confidently

I didn’t know whether he was just plain naïve or just an idiot, who would think that matter was a small fight? That fight had already determined where their relation was leading to…and that was at the breaking end.

‘Are you in your right mind? Are you that stupid and naïve to not realize what the F*** that fight was about?’ I questioned feeling irritated by the way he is.

He reminded silent giving me a dumb look that said he was confused and didn’t understand.

‘There’s nothing left of yours and hers relationship. It’s at it’s end and there’s no way to bring it back. You screwed up.’ I stated

Not letting this argument continue, I left.

IT was pointless to argument with someone like him right now.

- Taemin Pov-

I was froze in place.

‘She’s better off without you’

‘There’s nothing left…’

Chunji’s words repeated.

When he had said those words…I didn’t know why, but my mind went blank and there was a stinging feeling in my chest.

Why did it scare me?

Why did it worry me?

Why did it hurt?

Till now…I could still feel the stinging pain.

Hands that were by my side clutched themselves into a fist.

I shook my head lightly ‘That’s not true.’ I whispered to myself

How could Chunji say something like that?

Like every friendship, there’s always a fight and they’d get over it and be friends again. It was clearly just a small fight. The only reason that Byul and me weren’t friends again yet was because we both just needed some place and time to over think things over.

‘Last time I checked you were cussing and being a jackass to her’

The only reason for that was because I was still a little angry at her. Little for the fact that she had done that to Boa…but mainly…mainly it was because she wouldn’t talk me properly or even look at me.

Yes, I admit it. The whole reason I was pissed of and couldn’t stand her was the fact that because after the fight she hadn’t been talking to me, looked at me or even tried to do anything. At first it was because of Boa but i got over that, I only used it as an excuse to cover how annoyed and frustrated I was by how she had changed…changed her behavior towards me.

‘She’s better off without you’

There was no absolutely no way, Byul could live better without me.

No. She needed me.

She loves me.

I walked over to the window that was in the corner of my room, siding the curtain slightly just enough for me to see outside. My window at a perfect view of the back of the dorm…yes…the view of the back and Byul’s tree house. Looing down I could see everyone smiling and laughing my, eyes searched and focused only on one person…Byul, I watched her… Like I had been doing before Chunji had came in.

There was a smile never leaving her features, a genuine, bright and filled with pure innocent happiness smile.

‘She’s better off without you’

I bit my bottom lip.

I wasn’t the one who had brought that smile on.

I wasn’t even apart of it.

Why does that sadden me?

‘She’s better off without you’

My sight was burred by my teary eyes.

I should be down there…with her.

Laughing and smiling…

With Her.

By Her.

But I am not there.

Why does that hurt?

‘She’s better off without you and you without her’

‘There’s nothing left of yours and hers relationship’

‘That’s not true!’ I found myself saying that out loudly.

Things will get better.

Things will be fixed.

I’ll take action, if this continues.

I’ll make sure things are back together.

There’s not way this is the end just because of a small stupid fight.

So why did it feel like I was lying to myself?