Chapter 33 – He Matured + She’s Comfortable = Over spilt Batter & Burnt Butter.

The Old Fashioned Princess

-A Month Later-

-Your Pov-

I never knew it was possible to feel lost and empty–minded for a whole month.

After Taemin had confessed that day, he was being considerate and had returned back into the dorm, to let me process what had just happened in my mind. After hours and overnight of my head going chaotic and my feelings clashing with one another, all that went on and on, till I felt numb. Numb that I couldn’t still figure my feelings and that I wasn’t able to feel certain of my thoughts.

But I had found myself able to be calmer and comfortable being around him after that day… he wasn’t clingy, he didn’t blab nonsense and knew how to keep a good distance…and I was grateful and thankful of Taemin’s actions. In mornings he would greet me happily, if there were chances of something that he could talk to me about he would keep the conversation alive and if it ends he would always smile loving and then leave, during lunch, dinner he would also have small talks with me and before I would go back to my tree house he would say bye or good night.

But there are times…many times, where I found myself missing the old him, which that was clingy, talkative and had a bold skin-shipping issue.

In simple…he was being very thoughtful, patient, caring and loving all at once.

Which I found it to be harder to able to forget the feelings for him, it made me want to reconsider the thoughts of forgetting those feelings.

Because…

‘Because I am in love with you…unconditionally and helplessly.’

His confession still replayed in my mind.

‘I’m seriously losing it.’ My mind told me.

-Taemin Pov-

Every single day, the few things that I looked forward to was simply being able to greet Byul, it was one of the many things that I didn’t need a reason to start a conversation with her. Getting up in the morning I joined everyone for breakfast, of course Byul wasn’t here because she was having breakfast with Uee, Kahi and L.Joe in her tree house, and really I envied L.Joe to be able to be there with her every morning.

‘Yah Taemin, don’t space out every morning like that. It’s scaring everyone.’ Chunji joked

I smiled ‘sorry. I couldn’t help it.’ I said

‘Can’t be helped because his thinking of Byul’ Jonghyun stated

on that day, that I had broke up with Boa and confessed to Byul…I had also told everyone of it.

-Flashback-

I was in a dazed with a very happy smile on my face, returning back to the dorm after I had confessed to Byul. Entering the dorm, Key and Chunji greeted me, but none of their words reached me.

‘Yah Taemin!’ Chunji shouted trying to get my senses back.

Snapping out of my daze, the smile never left ‘oh…yeah Chunji?’ I responded

Chunji and Key both gave each other a look before looking back at me.

‘Yah, what’s up with you?’ Key questioned looking at me full of suspicion.

I tilt my head in a confused matter ‘what are you talking about?’ I questioned

‘did something happened Taemin? You were really dazed and spaced out with a smile’ Chunji said

‘ah. I broke up with Boa and confessed to Byul.’ I said the smile never creased only showing further how happy I was.

‘WHAT?!’ both Chunji and Key exclaimed with their eyes wide and mouth wide open. ‘MEETING! WE NEED TO HAVE A MEETING!’

-Living Room-

‘what the hell! Seriously can’t we just have this meeting AFTER my date with MY BABE?!’ Jonghyun stated pouting

Apparently today he was out on a date with Kahi Noona, and after Key had called them to tell them to come back, Kahi was fine with it but Jonghyun seemed like he was going to murder Key. 

‘So why are we having a meeting all of a sudden?’ Minho questioned

sat in the living room was everyone excluding Byul…which saddened me a little because Key or Chunji should of called her here, but they didn’t.

‘Taemin had just broke up with the B****’ Chunji announced

hearing the announcement everyone’s mouth dropped wide open ‘WHAT?!’ they exclaimed

‘it’s not that much of a big of a deal is it?’ I questioned

‘B-but…’ Jonghyun stuttered ‘Your like lovesick for her!’

Onew nod agreeing ‘not to mention down right a complete idiot for her’ he added

Well don’t I feel insulted.

‘Well forget that! The main reason for this meeting is because Taemin confessed to Byul!’ Key stated, earning another shocked reaction from everyone

-End Flash Back-

Sure they did question me a few things but after that they left it.

‘Well let’s get to class, it’s almost time.’ Onew said

-Hallway-

we walked together as a group to our morning class, while heading there, my eyes caught sight of Byul instantly.

My smile widened and the feeling of warmth spread through my body.

‘Byul is getting prettier each day.’ I commented to myself

Chunji who was walking next to me heard it clearly and rolled his eyes.

 ‘Morning~ babe!’ I heard L.Joe’s voice greeting happily.

Kahi went to greet Jonghyun and Uee went to give a hug to Key. I didn’t or more like couldn’t take my eyes off of Byul, just like any other days and was waiting in hope that she would look at me.

‘Good Morning.’ I greeted her with a loving smile

‘Morning.’ She said with a smile.

Butterflies were multiplying rapidly in my stomach while my face felt warmer…god I must look like an idiot with a tomato face.

-Chunji Pov-

It was no lie that Taemin had been seriously love stuck this time…if possible far more then he had with Boa that B****. Every single day he would be dazed or just simply smiling or grinning to himself for no apparent reasons, and that creeps me and everyone out…a hell lot. But never the less we all were happy for the fact he was feeling this way for Byul, but then again…it was best if both Byul and Taemin have a break from all the drama that had been happening.

Adding to that Taemin had been acting and growing more mature lately and Of course Key the Umma was happy and reacted very dramatic with his cries of ‘Oh my baby boy has finally growing up’ or ‘He finally hit puberty!’. Scary to even think that key would be a future king one day…hell I think that role is for Uee while Key plays the role of the drama Queen.

But back to the main point.

Taemin indeed had gain more sense and more smarts. He knew how to limit himself, when the old him was spoil. He understood more, when the old him was a clueless pea head. But most of all, He uses he own capabilities, compared the old useless self.

Which greatly remained me of the troubling situation that had occurred and lasted for a few days.

Few days after Taemin’s broke up and confession, news had spread like wildfire and horrible rumor spread like light.  Rumor has it that, Byul was the one to have broke Taemin and Boa up. It explained the reason to why she had ‘abused’ Boa, so Boa would break it off with Taemin…but in the end it was Taemin who had broke it off with Boa because he ‘loves’ and ‘cared’ for Boa so much.

When the others and me had heard of the rumor we were boiling in anger and instantly knew who was the creator of this ridiculous trash. It was a good thing that none of the students dared to say anything in front of Byul or when she was around, since they all did feared for their life that they might end up like that smashed table. Also it wasn’t like me or the others would allow any of them to continue or even give Byul a disgusted, judgmental looks, so we decided on our own that at least two or more of us will be always be at Byul’s side at all times…and give death glares and warning looks to those around.

Surprisingly Taemin had also heard of the rumors considering he was not the type to be updated or hear rumors that comes around…but with the mention of Byul’s name in anything, it’ll catch his attention, and Taemin of course was not pleased hearing of the rumors… as well as many pitied and sympathy looks that he received from people and he definitely hated it when random people would just come up to him and say ‘we’re rooting for you and Boa’, ‘We’ll protect your relationship with boa from that evil B****’ and so on.

It had gotten to the point where Taemin had snapped as the words that people had put in the same sentence as Byul’s name became more rude, disrespectful and most of all judging.

-Flashback-

it was lunch time, walking through the hallways to the cafeteria, it was only us guys while the girls were all at Byul’s tree house, and you don’t know how glad we all were…since many of the students had gotten more bolder and talked publicly of the rumors. Adding in their own perspective and more rude insulting things.

 ‘I feel sorry for Boa and Taemin. They both looked really good together. Wished that selfish princess could just burn in hell.’

‘She should be kicked out of this academy already and get demoted to a .’

Taemin who was walking beside me was clearly was pissed off. I could also feel many-angered aura coming from behind me, the other guys were just as mad.

‘Hold it in.’ Minho whispered to us. ‘We don’t need to waste time with bunch of immature idiots.’

But once reaching the cafeteria it only got worse.

 ‘Never knew that there was a princess who could be such a B****’

‘How is she a princess? Seems more like a low-life ’

And there…Taemin snapped. Taemin stormed his way to the group of female student who had called Byul a low-life, standing front of them with a dangerously scary look on…one that none of us knew he had. Seeing Taemin and his raged look, it shut the gossiping group of girls up instantly…they were terrified. Seeing Taemin action it had caught the whole cafeteria’s attention, everything…everyone went dead silent.

‘you better shut that crap of yours if don’t wish to live in hell, B****es.’ Taemin dangerously warned

Gasps and mouth dropping reactions were the response of everyone  in the cafeteria. Lee Taemin, the innocent pure kid…had just swore and threatened someone….and hell is was horrifying and terrifying.

‘Did ‘B****’ just came out of my son’s mouth?’ Key gasped in pure shock.

Of course it wasn’t just the students who were shocked we the friends of Taemin were in the same state.

Taemin snapped his head facing the audience who were all still in a shocking state, giving them all the same cold and dangerous look.

‘That applies to every breathing trash, who are bad mouthing and talking behind Byul’s back.’ Taemin announced coldly

Clearly enough admiration and proudness was rising inside of me. Taemin had stepped out of his useless self and defended someone that was important to him.

 ‘If these rumors continues or even a single bad-mouthed word is directed to MY BYUL, MY GIRL.’ Taemin promised with a murderous aura. ‘I’ll personally get rid of you with my bare hands.’

Sure enough everyone was speechless and cowered trembling in fear. By the looks on everyone’s faces, I knew clearly that none of them…even if they were dumber then a goldfish or rebellious as serial killers…the rumors will stop, none will even dare to utter or even think of Byul’s name. Because Taemin was far more horrifying and terrifying then anything right now.

Taemin turned his back on the watching eyes, like they were lower then dirt and .

‘Let’s eat in the dorm. I’m losing my appetite being in the same room as them.’ Taemin said coolly and made his way back to the dorm.

‘Daebak…’ L.Joe and Onew Uttered amused and surprised

‘My baby is finally growing into a man’ Key dramatically cried proud. ‘his finally made his claim!’

‘, now that’s respect to our Maknae.’ Jonghyun praised very impressed and proud with Taemin.

 Minho and I didn’t add on to the compliments or praises, we both smiled feeling just like the rest.

We are very damn proud of you, Taemin.

‘Must tell my baby about this!’ Jonghyun beamed happily, reach for his phone in his pockets

And there are some, where you would always leave as idiots.

Minho shook his head ‘Jonghyun is definitely losing his cool image to Taemin now. What a up idiot.’ He commented

I laughed ‘I agree with you man.’ I agreed.

-End Flashback-

The old Taemin would definitely instantly brag about it to Byul and use it against her to get what he wants. But now he didn’t, he didn’t boast or even tell Byul about it, he kept it to himself not wanting to use it as a reason for his selfish needs.

Taemin was selfless, selfless when it came to Byul.

- Taemin Pov-

- Home Economic -

‘Byul you wouldn’t mind, me stealing my girlfriend for this lesson would you?’ Key asked grinning ‘I really miss cooking with her’

My eyes widened slightly…’me partnering with Byul?!’ my mind screamed ‘OMOMOMOMO’

It felt like it was forever since the last time me and Byul were ever partners in this class, and that last time was before the whole situation of me and her ignoring each other.

My insides started to feel light and fluffy, butterflies were in my stomach and my heart was beating fast. ‘please, please say yes!’ I pleaded in my mind hopefully

I glanced at Byul, with a calm and smiling face…when really I was super anxious inside.

Byul smiled and nod ‘it’s no problem at all.’ She said ‘I’ll work with Taemin’

And there... I wanted to squeal and jump around in joy, but I kept myself in control…though I couldn’t hide my happiness and surely I knew that everyone could see how brightened up my face was. Without further talking we went to our workbenches, Key and Uee were next to us.

‘Today we’re making Chocolate Mud Cake!’ the teacher announced and handed out the recipe

‘I have to do well!’ I thought determined

I wanted to impress Byul. I wanted to be helpful and not be useless to her.

-During Lesson-

So far everything had gone smoothly and not a catastrophe…since all I did was get the tools and equipment while Byul had measured all of the ingredients out.

I smiled ‘what can I do next?’ I asked

Byul tilt her head thinking ‘SO ADORABLE!!’ I fan boy squealed mentally

‘Hmm. Mix theses in the mixing bowl.’ She said handing sugar, Milk, eggs and the flour to me.

‘Okay!’ I beamed and went to the mini mixer, I cheerfully putting in the ingredients then switching the mixer on…

SPLAT!

‘Yah! You didn’t  put it on the lowest speed did you?!’ Byul scolded, turning off the crazy mixer.

I stood in front of the mixer frozen…frozen with more then half of the ingredient splattered on my face and all over my body and floor.

Byul let out a sigh ‘ go clean yourself up. Pabo.’ She said and cleaned the mess I made.

Obediently I went and cleaned myself in the washroom with big disappointment in myself.

‘ARHHH! I messed up!’ I groaned

Returning from the washroom, Byul had already finished mixing the batter I had ruined before.

‘sorry.’ I apologized and rubbed the back of my neck ‘is there something else I can try to help with?’

‘Can’t really say I expected much.’ Byul said jokingly ‘Go melt the butter’

‘okay!’ I beamed once again

Getting the a small pot and a block of butter, I the stove and heated up the butter.

‘Focus. Just watch the butter till it melts.’ I whispered to myself. ‘just get this right. Get this right for Byul.’

-Your Pov-

I wasn’t sure if Taemin knows it or not…but his ‘self encouraging whispering’ wasn’t whispering. As cute as he seemed to be right now…I felt the more need to hit him on the head.

‘Focus. Just watch the butter till it melts.’ Taemin whispered to himself. ‘just get this right. Get this right for Byul.’

My eyes twitched ‘is that much of an effort needed just to melt butter?’ I thought

I shook my head, well whatever suits him, as long as he does it right. I continued with many other things that were needed to be done...

-3 minutes later-

Was it me or is something burning…

I looked around the room, to see that no one had even start baking yet…so why was there a burning smell…unless…

I mentally groaned ‘TAEMIN!  You did not just burn that butter, did you?!’ I scolded, looking at Taemin who seemed to be daydreaming

Taemin broke out of his state and grasped seeing that the butter in the pot was now just a black color. Quickly he almost threw the pot into the sink and cooled it down with cold water.

‘His useless…’ I thought

But looking at Taemin’s face, that held so much disappointment in himself for such simple tasks, I couldn’t find myself to completely believe that he was entirely useless. He tried right?

- End Of Lesson. -

It was a good thing that nothing else went wrong after the butter problem.

I smile ‘our cake is done.’ I said happily

I looked at Taemin who only had a grin, but his eyes said something differently, it said ‘I couldn’t do crap’.

‘it’s fun being your partner again, I missed it’ I said hoping that it would cheer him up a little

And upon hearing my words a more sincere happy look came on to his face.

‘Let’s be partners again’ He said smiling

-That Night-

-Chunji Pov-

I returned back to the dorm after visiting the library, only to hear sound of sobbing coming from upstairs

‘what happened this time?’ I questioned, looking at the other royals who were just watching Tv in the living room completely not affected by the sounds of sobbing.

‘Well you know, same crap.’ Jonghyun said uninterestedly

Key who sat beside nod ‘He just messed up Home Economics.’ He answered

I raised a brow ‘why the heck would he be sobbing for home eco?’ I thought ‘isn’t he partnered with Key?’

‘He was partnered with Byul.’ Nana said seeming to have read my thoughts.

‘Ah…’ I said , finally understanding.

I seated myself comfortably on the ground, joining them watching the TV.

Taemin may of matured…but when it comes to the fact that he tries too hard to impress Byul and fails at it… he was reborn as a crybaby, he would lock himself in his room and cry. Of course when the first time it had happened, it had scared and worried everyone out of our wits, but after numerous times and hearing the reason for his sobs...they were really simply just stupid and idiotic small things, which he turn them into a big deal. Can we call that split personality? I guess so.

‘Turn it up a little, I can still hear his sniffling.’ I said

Minho nodded and increased the volume.

‘Jeez just for split batter and burnt butter…’ Jungah commented