Chapter 12 – Giving His Grades Away + The (Performance + Guilt) = The Old Fashion Princess’s Feelings Confirmed

The Old Fashioned Princess

- Day of the Assignment-

-Taemin Pov -

Today's the day! I was excited but I also felt nervous.

'Yah! Taemin are you ready yet?' I heard Key's voice

'Neh!' I replied and joined everyone for breakfast.

'So today is the day! I can't wait!' Onew said excited.

'Phahaha we'll win!' Jonghyun declared.

'We'll have to wait and see about that' Key said.

'Ah! Taeminnie has to wake Byul-a-na milk up and drag her to class!' I said standing up.

'Oh! I forgot! Byul came by earlier, she said she's going to class early so she can practice in class before the actual performance' Nana said.

My head dropped ' she didn't message me!' I said sulking.

'Well, she wanted you to focus so she told me to tell you' Key said.

I pouted 'She could have still said something to me!' I whined.

'You'll see her in class anyway' Minho said.

After Breakfast we all head towards the academy together, while we were walking to our music class, I saw Boa. I was about to call out and greet her but froze when I saw her eyes were red and tears were spilling out of them. She walked down the hall.

'You guys head to class first. I need to go to the restroom' I lied and ran in the direction I saw Boa went.

I caught up to Boa and stood in front of her.

'Boa-ah! What's wrong?!  Why are you crying?!' I asked worried.

She sniffed ' I had been so busy lately that I could finish my music assignment! I really wanted to get a good grade but I’ve been so stressed lately!' She said and cried some more.

Seeing Boa-ah like this, pained me a lot.

'Boa-ah...please top crying! Taeminnie likes it better when your smiling' I said, trying to stop her tears.

It didn't work though, she continued to cry. I felt helpless I didn't know what to do, then an idea come in mind...but... that idea would be a big sacrifice. Boa-ah cries became louder and the pain in my chest doubled...

'Boa-ah! Here,' I said holding out my music score folder to her, ' you can submit in mine' I said smiling.

Boa stopped crying and looked at me with wide eyes.

'B-But Taemin Oppa! Yours is due today too! I can't!' She said.

'Its fine! I’ll handle it!' I said with a grin.

She smiled, which made me feel happy.

'Thank you Taemin Oppa!' She said and went to her class.

I let out a happy sigh, I felt like a prince who just saved his princess in distress. But then another thought came in...OH NO! I'M GONNA FAIL THIS ASSIGNMENT! WHAT SHOULD I DO?! OMO!

- Boa Pov -

I smirked in victory, Taemin let me have his assignment just to make me happy which meant he still had strong feelings for me! Taemin had gave me his assignments countless times in before, even though he wasn't smart like other people, his work still got me Bs or Cs it was better than an F.

'HA that B**** (Byul)' I thought happily.

And just so it happened, when I turned at a corner I was face to face with Byul the B****. I smirked at her but she only gave me a blank look.

'Hi B****' I greeted her.

She ignored me and walked around, which pissed me off. So I ran in front of her.

'What do you want?' she asked me in a bored tone.

'I heard your music assignment is due today' I smirked.

' Isn't everyone's music assignment due today' She stated like it was obvious.

I shot her a glare, she was trying to be a smart . Her blank face then suddenly turn into an angry one, I followed her eyesight and caught what she was staring at. It made me smirk.

-Your Pov-

What does she want? I haven't seen her since last time which was very long. She was glaring at me and I was annoyed by it, but then something caught my eyes and I felt angry. In her hand was Taemin's Music assignment...how did I know? Well only an idiot would not know since there was Taemin's name written on it in a large size font.

Boa smirked at me, seeing that I’ve notice the folder

'Taemin gave it to me, it was really sweet of him' She said smirking.

'Why would he give it to you?' I asked.

' I wasn't able to finish the assignment so he gave it to me. Ha jealous are you?' She said smirking like she had won.

I glared at her 'How could you just take his assignment like that?!!' I snapped at her.

'Tsk that guy is an idiot, I’ll probably get a C or something for this' She said as if it meant nothing.

My anger grew, what is this B****'s problem? Doesn't she has human morels? She should at most be thankful that Taemin is willing to give her his hard working assignment! I grew angry and grabbed her by the collar.

'You have no idea how much effort he had put in to this assignment! He worked hard on it for a whole week!' I snapped ' SO DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HIS EFFORT!  HE SCARIFIED HIS GRADE FOR YOU! SO BE GRATEFUL YOU B****!' I exploded.

Her eyes were wide and were shocked. I let go of her, retraining myself from knocking her out, I walked away headed to class.

- Taemin Pov -

Okay...so right now I’m sweating like a pig and was panicking. Everyone was already in class beside Byul...Where was she? I thought she was here early! My thoughts were cut off when the teacher came in. My panic came back but 10 times more.

'All right everyone, how this is going to work is...' the teacher paused and took out a bag ' I’ll draw your name out from this be bag and you'll come up to perform your piece' the teacher said.

I prayed that my name wouldn't draw…but I guess god really hated me and luck stabbed me in the back.

'Mr. Lee Taemin' the teacher read the paper that he had drawn out.

Everyone turned to face me, Shinee, Jungah, Nana, Kahi and Uee all mouthed 'good luck' or 'fighting' at me. I stood up from my seat...I have to tell him that I didn't do it...which means I have a lot of explaining to do and not just to the teacher but to everyone in the dorm as well as Byul.

I took a deep breath 'Sir I didn---''Seems like we got drawn out first' said a voice.

Everyone turned their attention towards the door, it was Byul, and she had just came in.

'Oh..Miss Noon Ki Byul! Wait Mr. Taemin is your partner?' teacher asked her

'Neh' she responded and nod.

I was shocked and surprised, my jaws dropped.

'What?! You never told us this!' Key exclaimed

'Yeah! Why didn't you tell us?!' Jonghyun exclaimed.

I was still at loss for words.

'We thought we might wanted to surprise you guys so..are you surprised?' Byul said.

'HECK YEAH!' Shinee, Jungah, Nana, Kahi and Uee shouted.

'Well, then please begin your performance' the teacher said.

'Ah but before that I need a word with my partner' Byul said and then looked at me.

'All right then..5 minutes' the teacher said.

Byul walked out of the door and I followed her.

'B-Byul..w-what are you doing?' I asked still shocked.

Byul let out a sigh ' You’re a you know that! Don't give your work to someone else!' she scolded me.

I looked at her shocked, how did she know?

'H-How did you k-know?' I asked.

She looked away for a moment before looking back at me. ' I came back from the restroom and saw Boa...she greeted me and told me that you gave her your assignment' She said.

I nod and looked down, I was happy to have gave Boa my assignment but at the same time I felt guilt and disappointed with myself...why? Because Byul had helped me out and yet I gave my work away and now she had to save my .

'You shouldn't of said we're partners' I said looking down.

Bonk

'Ouch!' I said rubbing my head

Byul had just hit me on the head

'Shut up, it's too late to take it back anyway so just deal with it' she Said.

'B-But I don't know h-how to p-perform your music! I said.

'Yah! Stand up straight and tell me what's wrong with you' she said.

I stood up straight as she had told me.

'I don't want to make you fail! I feel guilty because I gave my assignment away when you even helped me on it! I feel disappointed in myself because you have to help me! I feel scared that I’ll drag your grade down!' I said letting it all out.

'Is that all?' she asked

I nod

SMACK!

My eyes widen, I felt great pain on my right cheek. I looked at Byul who stood in front of me.

'There, that should fix it all...' she said and then paused to think ' about the assignment, just play however it makes you feel comfortable and enjoy it! I’ll back you up with all of your flaws and mistake..' She said.

My eyes widen even more. If that was possible...Byul... why does she always do these kind of thing for me... she's always there when I needed her most. Why? My heart was pounding and that strong warm feeling came.

'Let’s give it our best shot' Byul said smiling at me, giving me the music scores.

I looked at her and took the music scores  'Neh!' I said smiling.

' I'll just have beat those asses for respect now. I guess..' I heard hear mumbled.

We came back into the classroom, Byul gave the teacher her CD and we selected our instrument. Byul chose the grand Piano and I got a Violin, the teacher put the disc in and played it.

(Kajihura Yuki - Kibou No Miyako)

I had to start it off and all I could think and sense now was the music that she had created. The whole classroom was filled with the nostalgic music, the room seemed to have changed its scenery. We weren't in the academy any more...nope... we were in a majestic forest and  there was a small village. It was peaceful and there was so much freedom.

By the end of the music, it was silent everyone was surprised, Byul and I bowed and returned to our seats.

'Fantastic! That's a straight A!' the teacher exclaimed and clapped which then made everyone clap as well.

My eyes widen...AN A!? HOLY! I was still gaping.

'Yah close your mouth or you’ll be eating flies' Byul said.

I closed my mouth and looked at her. Byul turned and looked at me giving me the ' why are you staring at me?' look. I looked away but then looked back at her again.

'Thank you' I whispered only for her to hear.

She smiled and nod, before paying attention back to the front.

- After performances-

' Excellent work everyone, I am really pleased and impressed' the teacher congratulated.

'But sir... who's assignment was the best?' Minho asked.

'Hmmm...' the teacher said, thinking..' I would have to say...' Shinee, Nana, Jungah, Kahi and Uee all leaned forward from their chairs, wanting to hear it. ' Mr. Lee Taemin and Miss Noon Ki Byul' the teacher said smiling.

'YES!' I shouted and cheered.

I turned and grinned at Byul, raising my hand to hi-5 her. She smiled and hi-5ed me, I continue to cheer as the others all groan because they had lost.

'Heheheh just you guys wait when its dinnertime' Byul said evilly smirking.

' Ah......' Jonghyun said.

- After Class-

'Man I can't believe we lost...' Onew whined

'Anyway...what do you guys want for dinner?' Key asked looking at me and Byul.

I grinned ' I want Fried Rice!' I said excited

'Well, I want Korean BBQ with 10 kg of meat, Sushi, Curry, Dumplings, a pot of ramen with boiled eggs, ah you can't forget the hotpot and finally the deserts. I want ice cream, yogurt and cheesecake' Byul listed.

Everyone including me started wide eyes at her.

'ARE YOU FEEDING AN ARMY?!' Everyone exclaimed.

'Trust me...that isn't buying the whole world level' she said as if it was nothing.

Everyone pouted but agreed, I gave out a small laugh.

'You guys better go and get started then' Byul said grinning.

-That Night-

The dinner table was filled with food, lots and loads of foods. Byul looked happy really happy as well as were the others.

'LETS DIG IN!" Minho said loudly happily

While eating we all talked and laugh, the atmosphere was really good, it felt like a warm and happy family. I smiled at the thought, I looked at everyone, but my attention stopped on Byul. Lately I haven't been able to understand why, I’ve been feeling strange around her, it was a feeling I never got before. It wasn't bad, actually it was the complete opposite, but I didn't know what it was.

Byul must have realize I was staring at her because she looked back at me and gave a smile, I quickly turned away, looking down at my food. My face turned red from embarrassment and shyness.

Why was Byul making me feeling like this?

After finishing eating the food, everyone helped to clean and wash up.

'Good night everyone' Kahi and Uee said

Key and Jonghyun bid their girlfriends a goodnight before Kahi and Uee left.

'I'm gonna go too, Night guys' Byul said standing up

'I'll walk you!' I said walking towards the door.

'Its fine, you should rest as well' Byul said.

I shook my head ' No TAEMINNIE WANT TO!' I whined and pouted.

'Yah yah! Don't talk so loud at night!, Just go you two!' Key said pushing both me and Byul out.

I grinned at Byul while she shot me a glare. We walk to her tree house.

'Byul-a-na Milk..' I called her.

'Hmm?' she responded

'I wanted to thank you properly for helping me out with the assignment' I said.

'Like I said, it's nothing' She said.

I still had a guilt feeling in the pit of my stomach though, Byul noticed this.

' Your feeling guilty because I helped you with your assignment yet you gave it away, you feel guiltier because I had to share my assignment with you...' She said but then paused ' But the guiltiest is the fact you don't know what you can do to repay me back.'

I was surprised of course, I knew she knows me well but I never knew it was to the extent that she knew the reason behind my feelings. All I could do was nod and looked down at the ground.

'Firstly. Don't feel guilty because you did what you felt was right,  you gave it to Boa because you wanted to help her...even though you’re an idiot for doing that...but it's worst to not help out a person in need especially if it's someone special to you' she said.

I looked away from the ground and looked at her... why was she so understanding?

' Secondly. I shared my assignment with you because your my friend and the fact that I’ve seen and heard how you've been working hard...so I believed that you deserved to have a mark better than a zero' she continued.

Why was she always so kind hearted to someone like me?

'And Lastly. You think that you can't repay me...but really...you've given me more than enough...' she stopped and looked at me in the eye ' you may not realize it but you've already given me everything I’ve needed and wanted...so don't feel guilty anymore because you’re gonna make me feel bad' she said smiling at me.

Why....Why does she always know what to say...to make me feel better?

A smiled came upon me as the guilt was washed away completely, I felt at ease now.

'Thank you' I said whole-heartedly before opening my arms ' can Taeminnie get a huggie?' I asked.

I knew what her answer would be...

'Why did I ask for one?" I thought to myself

I was about to drop my arms but then I felt two arms around my waist. I gasped quietly to myself as I was surprised but that dropped instantly as I hugged Byul.

- Your Pov-

'Firstly. Don't feel guilty because you did what you felt was right,  you gave it to Boa because you wanted to help her...even though you’re an idiot for doing that...but it's worst to not help out a person in need especially if it's someone special to you' I said.

I hated the fact that Boa was special to him, Taemin would do anything and everything for her, Yet without knowing that Boa doesn't even feel grateful or acknowledge his capably.

To me everything that he does and tries was enough for me to feel grateful of, no matter how small it is. Just by waking me up in the morning, calling me by the nickname he made for me, telling me useless things and always bugging me. It's the little things that counts right?

' Secondly. I shared my assignment with you because your my friend and the fact that I’ve seen and heard how you've been working hard...and I believed that you deserved to have a mark then a zero' I continued.

Why couldn't Boa see his efforts? No...it's because she knows how much effort he was putting so she doesn't see him for him. But I knew well enough of what he was capable of, I know from the depth of my heart that he was worth it.

'And Lastly. You think that you can't repay me...but really...you've given me more than enough...' I paused to before looking at Taemin in the eye  ' you may not realize it but you've already given me everything I’ve needed and wanted...so don't feel guilty anymore because you’re gonna make me feel bad' she said smiling at me.

Yes,...Taemin had given me so much more then what I could have said...He had given me his friendship, his true self and most of all he had given me the feeling of love.

Yes... I won't lie to myself, I had fallen in love with him... the idiot...the child minded... the Dogface...

I had fallen in love with Lee Taemin.

A smiled broke out onto his face, this reassured me, and that his feeling better and the guilt was gone.

'Thank you' He said, before opening my arms ' can Taeminnie get a huge?' He asked.

I was surprised with his sudden request, but it was a chance that I would take to be closer to him. So I went and wrap my arms around his waist and hugged him.

I won't lose him to anyone even if his in love with boa. I’ll protect him, I’ll watch over him, I’ll give him everything and anything that he needs and want.

I'll change his heart, so it'll beat for me and only me.

'Thank You' he whispered.

'Glad I could help...' I said smiling..' But seriously...no more under my tree house' I joked, letting go of the hug.

He laughed softly

'Good night Byul-a-na Milk' he said

'Night to you too Dog Face' I replied.

I entered my tree house while as he headed back to the dorm.

- Taemin Pov –

I returned back to the dorm with a huge grin on my face…I couldn’t help it. Every time being with Byul, hearing her saying nice and encouraging things and hugging me…they all made me feel warm and happy inside. My heart would beat so fast that It could pass out…Byul made me happy. I’m glad to have known her and have her by my side.