Chapter 34 – To The Cinemas + A Drunken Problem = He’ll Protect Her.

The Old Fashioned Princess

-Chunji Pov-

For the last 30 minutes all I could hear were sounds of sighing, sighing due to of boredom. It was a free day and no one had anything to do, so we were all sitting in the living room doing nothing. Nothing since 7 am in the morning till now 5pm…

‘I rather be studying with Byul, at lease that’s better then this.’ I heard Taemin muttering to himself

I rolled my eyes at his behavior; Byul wasn’t here since she preferred to recap on the things she had learnt in class.

‘I am going to lose my mind soon.’ Jonghyun said ‘There has got to be something we can do!’

‘Well any ideas in mind?’ Minho stated

Jonghyun thought for a while but then let out a sigh and shook his head no

‘How about we go shopping?’ Key suggested

‘HELL NO!’ Everyone around him instantly exclaimed

Shopping with Key…would mean endless shopping, it would mean he would make us try on EVERY. SINGLE. GOD. DAMN. THING. HE. PICKS. OUT. FOR. US.

 ‘How about Lotte world?’ Nana suggested

‘I highly doubt there’s anything new there.’ L.joe said

‘Picnic?’ Onew suggested

‘In this -10 degrees whether? Your on your own.’ I stated

it was in the middle of winter, not exactly the smartest idea to  even be wondering outside for longer then 5 minutes.

‘How about the movies? We haven’t been to the cinemas for a while.’ Jungah suggested ‘I heard there’s a lot of great new movies out.’

Taking in Jungah’s idea, we all happily agreed to it.

Taemin smiled brightly and stood up ‘I’ll go and tell Byul~’ he beamed, racing out the door.

‘He’ll always find the smallest reasons just to talk to her.’ Uee commented with a smile ‘their so adorable’

‘Yeah, well we’re cuter together~’ Key sang grinning

Uee rolled her eyes ‘let’s just get going.’ She said

-Your Pov-

What was I thinking when I thought I should recap on my study notes? I groan for the 10th time not feeling the mood to be studying. Thankfully before I could start to feel the boredom sinking in, someone knocked on my door. Happily getting up from the ground, I opened the door.

‘Hi Byul’ Taemin greeted with a cute smile

I smiled as a greeting ‘anything you need?’ I asked

‘The others are deciding to watch a movie in the cinemas, do you want to come?’ he asked

I looked at him blankly ‘ Cinemas?’ I questioned

Taemin chuckled ‘it’s like a TV but only 20 times bigger and everyone is in a dark room’ he explained

I laughed softly at Taemin’s explanation, but nod ‘yeah, I’ll join’ I said

Taemin grinned ‘let’s go!’ he beamed excitedly

I shook my head at his over-excitement but followed behind him. When we reached the dorm, everyone was already outside waiting for us.

‘Okay, can we please just go now! I can’t feel my hands!’ L.Joe whined, complaining about the cold.

- Movies -

I stared curiously and amusingly at the building that was called a cinema.

‘So what movie are we up for?’ Minho asked

‘Horror?” Onew suggested

‘Ah no. Hyung you and Jungah combine together during a horror movie is way more scarier then the horror itself.’ Jonghyun stated shivering just form the thought of Onew and Jungah commenting and laughing when the victims are getting killed.

‘I guess it is comedy then.’ Chunji said nodding.

‘Byul do you want any snacks?’ Taemin asked me

I smiled and nod ‘let’s get some.’ I replied

- Chunji Pov-

I watched how Taemin was been a complete moron in love offering Byul almost everything at the snack corner.

‘His treating this as if they’re on a date…without everyone being here’ I thought shaking my head

‘Aww is my Babe jealous because lack of love?’ a flirtatious voice I knew will be the death of me one day

I groaned ‘shut up.’ I said

L.Joe grinned ‘you don’t have to be sad about it! I’ll give you all the da live you’ll need!’ he beamed throwing his arms up about to bear hug me

I skillfully dodge his hug ‘YOU IDIOT NOT IN PUBLIC!’ I snapped angrily

L.joe grin grew wider…and scarier ‘so that means I can hug you and love you only when we’re alone?!’ he beamed ‘YES!’

I let out another groan…there is absolutely not way of winning. After everyone got their tickets and brought their snacks, we headed to our cinema room.

 ‘Let’s sit here.’ I heard Taemin beamed

Looking behind, Taemin and Byul were behind everyone, but Taemin was leading the way while Byul was following behind him, completely fascinated.

‘Geez Look at him, completely turning this into his own date with Byul’ L.joe commented grinning looking at Taemin and Byul, before turning his attention onto me ‘Let’s sit all the way at the front!’

My eyes twitched ‘I don’t wanna F***En sit next to you.’ I said and sat down in a random seat

But being stubborn and hardheaded L.Joe was…of course he sat himself next to me.

This will seriously be a long movie.

-Taemin Pov-

Inside I was squealing like a crazy fan girl…I WAS SITTING NEXT TO BYUL! IN A MOVIE! And that was enough to keep a smile plastered on my face. The room began to turn dark and the big screen in front of us lit up, glancing beside me I could see Byul staring at the screen in awe.

‘Must resist from hugging. Must resist’ I told myself mentally, with the feeling of wanting to bear hug Byul.

I hope I won’t act like an idiot during the movie.

-During The Movie-

The movie was just plain comedy, everyone in the cinema was laughing loudly. I turned to look at Byul, who seemed to be really enjoying it.

‘I love your laugh and smiles’ I thought smiling to myself

I won’t lie to you, since form the start of the movie till now, I had been staring or glancing at Byul, not really paying attention to the movie.

‘Their so funny’ Byul commented between her laughs

I snapped out of my thoughts and nod ‘yeah they are’ I agreed, I then held out my box of popcorn towards her ‘Do you want some more popcorn?’

Byul smiled and took some, munching on them as her attention was brought back onto the movie.

We’re sitting next to each other.

We’re sharing a box of popcorn together.

We’re laughing together.

I couldn’t be happier then the moment I was in now.

‘It was like a date just the two of us.’ My mind said which I couldn’t help but to grin from ear to ear

However that thought went down the drain when I heard a dolphin like laugher coming from Key, roaring laugher like a dinosuar from Jonghyun and a snorting pig like laugh form Onew….which brought me back to the sad reality.

‘Right…this isn’t a date if you’re out with the whole group’ I thought pouting.

-End Of Movie-

Exiting the cinema, Byul’s smile never left her face, which made me happy.

‘Did you enjoy it?’ I asked even when I knew the answer.

‘Byul nod happily ‘yea, it was great’ she beamed

‘Ah …it’s late.’ Jonghyun cussed checking the time on his phone. ‘and we have class early in the morning…’

It was around 9 at night, right now...which really disappointed me…

‘I want to spend more time with Byul!’ I whined mentally

‘Let’s get back then’ Minho said

- Your Pov -

The empty streets were dark only lid by few light posts; you could say it was almost a romantic night out for a walk. I smiled looking at the many couples…and possibly a soon to be couples in front of me. In front leading the way was Minho and Nana, behind them was Onew and Jungah, and followed after them were Key and Uee, Jonghyun and Kahi, Chunji and L.joe and then last were Taemin and I.  Though I did envied the couples in front of me, many held hands or had their arms wrapped around each other, even Chunji was defeated and had L.joe’s arm clung onto his arm. While Taemin and me, we both were just walking side by side each other.

‘Wish we could be like that.’ I thought secretly glancing at Taemin, who walked beside me

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when sounds of laugher was heard behind me, like there was a group of males.

Inside I felt annoyed…’can’t they keep it down?’ I thought irritated, but tried my best to ignore their horrible sound of laugher.

‘Hey’ A voice from behind slurred

More laugher was heard after one of the male talked. They all were definitely drunk, how pathetic.

‘Hey little cutie’ another voice called from behind

My eyes twitched, the need to just turn around and knock them out was very tempting. However, feeling a sudden arm that slung around my waist gentle yet securing, distracted my irritating feeling. I turned to the owner of the arm, meeting eyes with Taemin, he gave a small smile at me before looking back in front with a tensed expression.

‘Yah, you should just leave that boyfriend of yours and come with us.’ Another different voice slurred from behind

Never did Taemin or me glanced behind us to look at them, only quickening our pace hoping the drunken group would get a clue to leave us alone. But that idea was wiped clean out of our head, when rough hands grabbed both our shoulders and forced us to stop, and turn around to face the drunken group. There were 8 of them, 8 men who were in their 30s and were drunk to the state that you would think it was impossible to even stand on steady feet.

‘Yah we were talking to you’ one man slurred

My eyes narrowed barely noticeable, my face was not pleased and certainly had no sign of any emotion of them. Though once again my features softened when I felt Taemin’s arm around my waist tightened, my body pulled gently so that our sides were leaning on each other…he was protecting me

I let out an inaudible sigh, I lay a hand onto Taemin’s arm that held me against him telling him to let go. Taemin looked down at me eyes telling me that he refused to, but with an reassuring look I gave him, he loosened his grip and let his arm drop back to his side.

Taking a step forward, I stared into the eyes of the drunken group ‘With the condition your in, You should head on home’ I stated almost near a demand.

Roar of laugher left the group’s mouths, which caught Chunji, and L.joe hearing, they both turned around and they too saw the group.

‘Hey guys we have a problem’ I heard Chunji said, calling the others

Hearing Chunji, couples a head all stopped and turned behind to see the situation. Seeing the problem, the guys all stepped forward after telling their girls to stay behind and away from the drunken group.

‘What seems to be the problem?’ Onew asked sternly approaching us,

‘Tsk it’s none of your business Punk’ a man snorted rudely

‘We don’t want to cause any trouble, so you take your leave, and we take ours.’ I spoke getting the group’s attention again.

The group laughed loudly

‘Well then why don’t you leave with us’ Slurred one of the man as he grabbed my arm

But before he could lay a hand on me, he was suddenly been knocked to the ground by a punch. My eyes widened as I was left speechless.

‘Don’t you F***EN dare touch her!’  Taemin’s murderous voice snapped

-Taemin Pov -

‘Don’t you F***EN dare touch her!’  I snapped in rage after, i threw a punch in his face

‘Oh…my god.’ I heard Key said slow in shock

But I ignored it, my mind and eyes were only on one person. I glanced at Byul, who eyes were widened and slightly parted.

‘I want to protect her.’ I thought determined

With myself being in thought, I had let my guard down as I suddenly felt a hard force hitting me in the jaw, knocking me over.

‘YOU LITTE BRAT!’ shouted angrily of the man.

I groaned in pain and tried to stand back up again, however another man had already was charging at me with his fist pulled back. My body tensed up, really for the blow…but instead of me being knocked back down…the man was knocked out cold

‘i said leave Trash.’ Byul demanded bitterly

‘B-Byul…’ I stuttered

Byul gave a quick glance at me before glaring back at the group ‘Get back’ she said

I shook my head and stood up straight ‘Ani, I can’t let you fight them off’ I stated

However I was ignored and was pushed back by her, Minho and Onew who stood behind me caught me from behind to prevent me to falling to the ground.

‘Taemin we’re proud of you, really. But right now leave it to her’ Onew said ‘and no buts.’

Helplessly I could only watch Byul, who was easily taking care of the group on her own.

‘Why am I so useless?’ I thought disappointed in myself.

‘Aww that has gotta hurt.’ L.Joe commented watching in amazement as Byul had knocked another guy out with a straight punch in the face.

Everyone was absorbed in the fight, watching how Byul flawlessly avoided any of the men’s attacks and would strike back in a blink of an eye. But then one man caught my attention, one of the man who had been knocked down crawled towards a garbage bin that was near the side walk, he knocked the bin over and rummaged through the pile of trash for a weapon, to his luck he found a mental bar.

‘No…’ my mind uttered

my heart pounded hardly in my chest, Byul was too caught up with the men who were charging in from of her to notice that armed man creeping from behind her and the others weren’t paying attention closely to see the arm man. It was only me who could see it…

‘What should I do?’ I panicked mentally

The armed man was getting closer and closer behind Byul, by now the others finally noticed that the man had a weapon in his hands,

‘BYUL WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU!’ Kahi shouted in panic and worry

I didn’t know what happened, but my mind went blank. I could feel my body moved on it’s own, but I couldn’t make out where it was going. Next thing I knew I only felt a throbbing pain that shoot through my head...before my sight went pitch black.

- Chunji Pov -

‘TAEMIN!’ Everyone cried in panic

Lee Taemin, had just out of nowhere, threw himself covering for Byul when an armed man was about to attack her from behind. Taking the mental bar right on the back of his head, it draws out enough blood to make him go unconscious.

Quickly the guys all came to Taemin’s aid, Byul on the other hand had never looked so deadly and horrifying.

‘YOU BASTARD!’ she roared in rage

Her hand snapped out taking a tight grip on the mental bar before snapping it into halves effortlessly, from her voice and just the look on her face it scared the s of the man. The man stood paralyzed in one spot, Byul took her advances giving the man a murderous glare before she gave a power strike at the man’s jaw. The sound of bone creaking could be heard as well as a painful cry that followed after it, seeing this the men who were left took off running away.

‘We have to get him to the Hospital!’ Jungah cried in worry

‘Key try to stop his bleeding! Minho, Jonghyun you guys carry him! Nana, Kahi, Uee, Jungah call what ever transportation you get!’ Onew ordered

No words or even a second of pausing was done, everyone did as told quickly.

‘W-What should I do? Tell me what to do’ Byul said worryingly

Onew looked at her and patted her on the head in a comforting matter ‘No, you already did something, so rest. Taemin will be fine. We’ll make sure of it’ he assured

‘W-What about me…’ I questioned on the verge of breakdown

L.Joe who also weren’t given any order, rubbed my back in a comforting matter. ‘ All the jobs that are needed are already being done.’ He said ‘and if you really want to do something more for Taemin…then stay strong and have hope for him.’

I didn’t say anything only nodding and taking L.joe’s comfort. At times like this, L.joe was really someone who I could turn to, to be comforted and assured.

It was only minutes later that the girls came back with 3 taxis.

‘C’mon let’s go’ Nana called out sticking her head out form the taxi window.

Minho and Jonghyun wasted no time, carrying Taemin into the taxi while taking caution of his injury, I quickly hoped into the same taxi as them. The others jumped in to other available taxi also not wasting time, and in no time we were in a hospital and Taemin was taken into the emergency room.

Lee Taemin you better not think of dying on me.

On everyone.

And spectrally on Byul.