Chapter 21 – Her Breaking + Their Disappointment = How To Comfort A Royal.

The Old Fashioned Princess

-Your Pov-

I couldn’t help but to be smiling like a brainless love sick idiot entering my tree house.

‘Aishi, keep yourself together.’ I scolded myself, but couldn’t stop smiling

Knock. BYUL! Knock BYUL. Knock BYUL!

The sounds of loud knocking and my name being shouted, brought me back into reality.

‘Why is he back again…’ I thought

I opened the door, to come face with a very happy and another expression which I couldn’t tell that was on Taemin’s face. Before I could open my mouth to ask his reason for being here, he tackled me into a tight bear hug…from the impact I stumbled back a little.

‘BYUL! BYUL! BOA CONFESSED! BOA IS MY GIRLFRIEND!’ Taemin shouted to the top of his lungs and very happy.

My mind went blank. His words rang loud and air clear.

My breathing stopped, as if my brain had stop functioning and the demand for my lungs to function didn’t work.

I was numb. My body. And my mind.

My eyes were set and frozen staring at Taemin’s face. His mouth was moving and his face expressed nothing but pure happiness…but I couldn’t hear a single word coming out of his mouth or even feel any of my emotions like he did.

Was it dangerous for a human heart to have been stopped for this long? Well I don’t know anymore and it doesn’t seem like Taemin noticed my numbness or the fact that my heart had stop. Since…his heart was beating so fast, it was as if it was beating and pumping for 2 hearts at once.

Slowly the numbness was wearing off, which I wish it haven’t because pain was taking over. Slowly it was intensifying. 

- Taemin Pov-

After a long time of blissful hugging with Boa, I walked her back to her dorm and felt my feet running so fast that it hadn’t ever been before to a destination that I couldn’t even remember anymore. Unconsciously, I was stood standing in front of a house and was knocking furiously at it while calling at a person’s name which my mind couldn’t identify, because all in my head right now….was Boa. The door opened and I tackled the person before me in a tight bear hug and announced so loudly that I felt almost the whole world knew…that Boa is my girlfriend.

 Telling myself to calm down and taking steady breathing, I’ve manage to calm down and my senses were coming back again. I found myself, I was hugging Byul.

I grinned ‘Byul! It really happened! Me and Boa-ah are finally together!’ I announced

There was no response and very lack of any movement response from her, she was just staring at me.

‘Yah. Yah! Byul!’ I called her while shaking her lightly.

She flinched a little before she blinked and looked back at me.

‘W-What?’ She asked

I pouted and crossed my arms ‘Byul~ you should be listening to me!’ I said, but then a big grin made it to my face again ‘Me and Boa-ah are together!’

I waited and waited for Byul’s response but none came, I looked at her again, to find that she was frowning. Shouldn’t she be happy? Why isn’t she happy or congratulating me?

‘Taemin…’ Byul said

I looked at her in anticipation.

‘You idiot.’ She finished

I blinked in confusion and questioningly…I’m an idiot? Why?

‘Huh?’ I questioned

She frowned and crossed her arms ‘How could you be running to me while telling me so happily that you are with someone else. When I’ve confirmed and confessed to you.’ She stated

In my mind right now…was screaming ‘’.

‘HOW THE HECK COULD I’VE FORGETTEN THAT BYUL LIKED ME!!!’ I mentally screamed

I could feel worry and panic running around in my body.

‘Your really insensitive.’ Byul added

‘I’m….I’m sorry.’ I said looking down, feeling guilty

However, that wasn’t what I was worried about…what worried me more, was the fact that this could end our friendship. There was a short silence, but it broke by a sigh from Byul. I peaked up, looking at her with my head still hanging low.

‘Well, it can’t be helped.’ She said

I straightened myself up and looked at her questioningly

Byul smiled at me ‘I’m happy for you.’ She said

I am shocked…Speechless.

‘W-What?’ stuttered

Byul raised a brow at me ‘I said I’m happy for you. Your not deaf are you?’ she questioned

I shook my head slowly. ‘Y-your not…angry?’ I asked

She gave me a funny look ‘Of course I’m angry. But like I said, it can’t be helped.’ She said

I swallowed hard, feeling my mouth dry ‘W-We’re S-still…F-Friends?’ I asked

Byul stared blankly at me for a moment, making me feel anxious ‘Of course. I’m not that low’ she said

I stared surprised at her ‘R-Really?...Y-You’ll still be there…for me?’ I asked

Byul smiled ‘You know I’ll always be there for you. In less then 5 minutes.’ She said ‘if your around in this area…that is’

A smile tugged onto my lips and I pulled Byul in a hug again.

‘Thank you Byul.’ I said whole-heartedly

How lucky am i? To have the 2 most greatest and angel like girls close to me. One as my girlfriend and the other as my friend.

‘You’ll do the same right?’ Byul asked

I nod ‘Neh’ I said

Byul then pushed me away and crossed her arms ‘Don’t you ever knock and scream my name in the middle of the night ever again’ she stated ‘Or I’ll kick your ’

I pouted ‘I was just too excited ‘ I whined

Byul rolled her eyes ‘Anyway, you should get some rest’ she said

I smiled and nod ‘Night Night Byul-a-na Milk~’ I said and left.

-Your Pov-

How should I react? What am I suppose to say now?

‘Taemin…’ I called his name ‘You idiot.’

Taemin blinked in confusion and questioningly looked at me. ‘Huh?’ he questioned

 ‘Just act normal, just like how you first meet him.’ I told myself mentally ‘Just tolerate it…till he leaves.’

I put on a frowned and crossed my arms. ‘How could you be running to me while telling me so happily that you are with someone else. When I’ve confirmed and confessed to you.’ i stated

Taemin had a panicked expression, he was getting nervous and worrying. That’s right, just like old times…be mean.

 ‘Your really insensitive.’ I added

‘I’m….I’m sorry.’ He said looking down, feeling guilty

Make him feel bad and guilty…

‘Well, it can’t be helped.’ i said not looking affected, making Taemin straightened himself up and looked at me questioningly

Then brush it away, like it doesn’t bother me….

I forced out smiled at him ‘I’m happy for you.’ i said, which he turned speechless and shocked

He’ll still worry even though I would sound like it doesn’t bother me, because he doesn’t want to lose a friend. He’ll be nervous and stutters anxiously.

‘W-What?’  Taemin stuttered

I raised a brow at him ‘I said I’m happy for you. Your not deaf are you?’ I questioned

He shook his head slowly. ‘Y-your not…angry?’ He asked

I gave him a funny look ‘Of course I’m angry. But like I said, it can’t be helped.’ i said

Taemin swallowed hard ‘W-We’re S-still…F-Friends?’ he asked

I would reassure him and say the right things that makes him feel better….

i stared blankly at him for a moment, which made him look more anxious ‘Of course. I’m not that low’ i said

He would ask something of me that he shouldn’t be requesting…

He stared surprised at me ‘R-Really?...Y-You’ll still be there…for me?’ Taemin asked

Unconditionally and stupidly…I would always promise him…even though….

I forced out another smiled ‘You know I’ll always be there for you. In less then 5 minutes.’ i said and added a joke ‘if your around in this area…that is’

A smile tugged onto his lips and he pulled me in for a hug.

‘Thank you Byul.’ He said whole-heartedly

 ‘You’ll do the same right?’ il asked

He nod ‘Neh’ I said

Even Through…I knew very well, it’s going to be one sided.

I then pushed him away and crossed my arms ‘Don’t you ever knock and scream my name in the middle of the night ever again’ I said jokingly ‘Or I’ll kick your ’

Taemin pouted ‘I was just too excited ‘ he whined

i rolled my eyes ‘Anyway, you should get some rest’ i said

Taemin smiled and nod ‘Night Night Byul-a-na Milk~’ he said and left.

When the door closed.

My breakdown occurred. The strength that I had been pushing myself to keep standing and forcing a smile vanished, leaving me to fall onto the hard cold ground.

‘Heheheheheh…’ I laughed weakly and softly

I’m losing myself. I’m losing my sanity.

My vision blurred. I felt warm droplets trailing down my face.

I’m feeling empty. Lonelier if that was possible…

I will not say that life’s unfair.

I will not blame Boa.

I will not hate Boa nor Taemin…No. I can’t ever hate Taemin or will hate Boa.

But…I hate myself for not being able to do so.

What I hated more…was the fact I could still say, that it was alright.

That I will still be there for him. When I knew that he would never do the same.

‘F*** me, for being my cursed self.’ I cried

They say that the greatest pain is when a female giving birth or when a male is being kicked in the groin. But…let me, be the one to tell you, that…that is not the worst pain. Because…

Life’s worst-est pain.

Is when your heart is crushed.

-L.Joe Pov-

Since tomorrow and the day after will be another free day, the royals convinced Uee, Kahi and me to stay over, till classes are back again. Just before we finished dinner and now are back in the living room for another movie. Looking at the time, it was getting late now…

‘I wonder if Taemin and Byul are back yet. Or are they having too much fun and forgot about the time.’ I thought with a smile

My thoughts were cut shot, when the front door opened and closed…followed after that were sounds of running steps, coming towards where we were.

‘Welocme Back Tae—‘ ‘GUYS! IT’S OFFICIAL! ME AND BOA ARE TOGETHER!’ Taemin shouted happily cutting Key off.

His words hit me hard. No, it hit everyone very damn hard.

Instantly, I could feel my blood had gone cold, from 36 degrees to -10. Seeing everyone’s else faces, they were paling and losing it’s color.

Was I really hearing this right?

‘W-What?’ Key had managed to stutter, but was still in shocked stated.

Taemin grinned widely. He was also glowing and shinning from how happy he was, he could practically won over the sun.

‘Boa and Me are together. Boa is my girlfriend now!’ Taemin announced again

This time was defiantly a double slap in the face.

My mind was scrambled, F*** it felt like I had mud as my brain.

With no words or even a chosen feeling right now, all I know was that my body shot up and my legs were running towards the door. Upon doing so, I felt 2 bumps on my shoulder and back…It wasn’t only me who had reacted this way…

No.

Uee and Kahi were there close by me.

My mind, emotions and heart was screaming only one word.

Byul.

 It was the same for Uee and Kahi.

Reaching Byul’s tree house, the door wasn’t lock. Upon entering…the sight before me was more heartbreaking then the news itself had brought on me.

Byul was breaking.

‘Byul..’ I called gently , approaching her fragile figure

Uee and Kahi, both silently followed behind me. My arms reached out and wrapped around Byul’s frame.

‘we’re...here.’ I whispered ‘get everything off your chest, Baby.’

Uee and Kahi rubbed her back or her head softly, like a mother would to their precious child.

For a long while, Byul finally looked at us, clear evidence of tears were trailing down her face and they still were…Seeing her tears, I saw more sadness in Kahi and Uee’s eyes.

 ‘Sorry. I’m making everyone worried.’ Byul whispered

This girl…she’s a compete idiot, in a situation like this…she would even apologize to us for being here for her.

-Key Pov-

My body was stiff, like I was a boulder that’s being cemented.  My blood running cold, making my face turn slightly blue.

My senses didn’t come back, till I heard loud sound of a shutting door.

Blinking back my senses and glancing around, I realized that everyone was in the same state I was…but i noticed that Uee, Kahi and L.Joe were gone.

‘They must of ran to Byul.’ I thought.

I looked back at Taemin, who stood closest and in front of me, He was staring at the closing door in confusion from the others’ actions.

‘Taemin.’ I called his name, my voice with no emotion but was stiff and hard.

Taemin turned his attention onto me and beamed at me with a bright smile. He was happy.

‘How could you be happy…’ my mind scoffed.

As much as I would also like to voice those words out, I didn’t...not because I couldn’t…but because I knew I had no right to. I mean…who was I to control his feelings? I had no right to.

‘You and Boa. Are really together?’ I questioned

Taemin nod ‘Neh.’ He answered smiling.

‘D-Does…Byul know of this?’ I asked

Taemin smile widen and nod ‘Neh. She’s the first I’ve told.’ He said proudly

My body was burning. Furiously burning in exasperation and disappointment.

With every power and every tolerance I had…I was holding back from giving the boy before me a hard punch. I couldn’t possibility right now, call him Taemin…my friend, my brother or even my son….

Maybe I was being unreasonable, unfair, bias…a B**** even, for not giving Boa a chance. ..To see what’s in her like Taemin does…but in my defense, what Taemin sees in Boa was fake and all lies.

‘Taemin. Go to your room and rest.’ I said forcing out a smile

Ki Kibum aka almighty Key…never. I repeat never force himself to do things that he doesn’t like…and here…right now..i am forcing a smile.

‘You must be tired.’ I continued

Taemin nodded and bid everyone a good night, and went to his room.

As soon as he was out of sight, the others who were still in shock and speechless, manage to regain their senses and thoughts again. But there was a long silence…no one could or think of anything to say.

 ‘Maybe…’ I started, catching everyone’s attention ‘maybe from the very beginning….’

I clutched my hands into a fist.

‘Taemin never deserved Byul’ I stated

There was thick silence…but from it, I knew what the answers from the others were. It was saddening and pained nod of agreement. There was no point in talking about how disappointed we were or to complain…because we were sick and tired of it. Taemin had made his decision and that can’t be changed.

‘What’s going to happen now…’ Jonghyun uttered ‘should we go to Byul as well?’

Onew shook his head ‘Crowding around her right now, isn’t the best option. The girls and L.joe should be enough.’ He reasoned

‘But that still doesn’t mean, we wouldn’t do something.’ Nana finally spoke

We all looked at her

Minho had a small smile on ‘what do you have in mind, Babe?’ he asked

A sad smile appeared on Nana’s face ‘It might not be much, or could be of any help…but…it’ll at lease show her we’re here for her.’ She said ‘I’ll explain, when the rest comes back.’

-The Next Day –

-L.Joe Pov-

Today, we sill be putting Nana’s plan of ‘How To Get Our Baby Princess To Feel Better’. First step for us was to clean the entire first floor of the dorm.

‘What’s everyone doing?’ A voice asked us.

Everyone stopped and turned towards to the stairs, where Taemin stood...

‘We’re cleaning.’ I answered plainly

Taemin tilt his head and had a confused look on ‘Why?’ he asked

‘Taemin, where are you going?’ Key questioned, changing the subject.

It was only now, that I realized, Taemin was dressed very nicely.

Taemin grinned ‘Taeminnie is going on his firs date with Boa-ah~’ he sang happily.

I let out a low but quiet groan, I glanced at he others and most of them had their backs turned, so they could roll their eyes.

‘Well, don’t come back, till 10pm or later alright.’ Key stated

It’s funny isn’t it? Normally what you would say in this case was ‘Don’t get carried away and come back early’ or what ever on that line….NOT to tell them to come back later. Taemin didn’t seem to even realize or take notice of how Key implied it and just nod happily. I guess this is what love does to that idiotic boy.

‘Bye everyone~’ Taemin said smiling and left.

‘Aishi, we just wasted few minutes of our time…’ Jungah said

‘I think we should split up into groups, we’ll get the job done faster’ Nana said

Everyone nod agreeing. It turned out the boys will be staying behind and clean, while the girls will go and buy the rest of what will be needed.

-Later That Day-

- Your Pov-

Well I can assure you…that my crying stage is over thanks to Uee, Kahi and L.Joe for comforting me, but I still felt a little down. Uee had just called and asked me to join her and the others to watch movies…to keep my mind off Taemin. Basically he went out, so it’ll be just me and the others. Even though I was planning to stay at home and just sulk more…it was better to be hanging with those who are now caring and worrying for you.

I closed the door behind me and went to the royal’s dorm. Knocking on the door, there was no response or any sign, that anyone would be coming to open the door.

‘Uee just called me…’ I thought confused. ‘so why isn’t there anyone opening the door?’

I knocked again and waited for another few minutes…but the outcome was the same, no response or anyone opening the door. So I tried to open the door…it wasn’t lock. Opening the door slowly I called for the others…however…

A gasp left my lips as I stared wide eyes at the sight before me.

‘HI BYUL~/ PRINCESS~’ Everyone excluding chorused

Upon opening the door to let myself in, In front of me…on the ground…were small tubs of ice creams placed everywhere. Surely enough…there were more then 200 small tubs of ice creams with posted notes on them. I was still speechless and surprised by the sight, I could say or think of any words to say…beside walking in a little futher and picked up on of the ice cream.

It was a cookie and cream flavored ice cream. There was a sticky note stuck on top.

Complain, shout or even cuss if you have to - Jungah

Nana smiled ‘They’re all for you, Byul-ah~’ she said smiling

‘ This is the ice cream room!, in the living room is the chocolate room and the kitchen is the cake room!’ Onew said grinning

‘And we expect you to eat all of them and feel better little by little ‘Key added smiling

There was a warm feeling in my heart, flowing through out my whole body.

I was touched.

My eyes were getting moist, I could feel the tears that are starting to form in my eyes. I picked up another ice cream tub. This one was a mint flavored one.

Eat me and you’ll smile~ - Onew

I smiled ‘thank you.’ I said sincerely

‘Yah, there’s no time for that! The ice creams will melt if you hurry up and eat them.!’ L.Joe scolded folding his arms

I gave out a soft laugh ‘Neh. But…’ I said pausing and looking at all of them ‘ I don’t think…I’ll be able to finish them…’

‘So…’

‘so…as a selfish request….’

‘Can Oppas and Unnis eat and share my sadness with me?’

‘Pabo.’ Kahi said with a blank face, but then a smiled formed ‘Of course, we’d be glad to.’

All of them nod, giving me a warm smile as each of them picked up an ice cream each.

‘Oh…And…’ Minho said looking at me ‘It’s not selfish at all, princess’

‘Hey Byul-ah~’ Uee called me, getting my attention ‘This massage is from Jonghyun Oppa. It says Be happy and smile’

Uee read of the sticky note, which made every gave Jonghyun a stare.

‘YOU IDIOT CAN’T YOU WRITE SOMETHING BETTER!’ Key scolded

Jonghyun pouted ‘I wrote plenty of good ones! It’s just I ran out and everyone took my ideas!’ he whined

Everyone rolled their eyes, while I chuckled.

‘Tch, his only good at pink up lines…’ Kahi stated shaking her head.

‘Oh~ this one sounds just right for You, Byul~.’ Nana said smiling and read the note out loud ‘ A happy heart is a happy stomach. Eat me well, Princess~. From Key’

Jonghyun raised a brow ‘And you think yours is any better?!’ he questioned Key

Key smirked ‘I’m the almighty key, of course what ever I do I better.’ He said snobbery.

I smiled while eating many of the ice creams and reading each note.

‘Phahahahahaha!!!! Listen to this’ Jonghyun said laughing ‘ Don’t give up on finding a better guy. One day you’ll find someone as good as moi~. From L.Joe.’

Everyone laughed aside from L.Joe, who didn’t know what was so funny.

‘Why is that so funny?’ LJoe Questioned

‘Dude, from what you just wrote …you should just turn straight and date her’ Jonghyun said grinning

L.Joe scoffed ‘ Why the F*** do I have to turn straight?’ he questioned ‘I like cute, pretty men and I plan to stay like that’

‘Gez L.Joe. I know, we’re with you…but please reduce your gay talk.’ Minho said. ‘It’s creepy and giving me Goosebumps.’

‘HA! I’m Gay and I’m Proud.’ L.Joe announced loudly and proudly

‘there’s no stopping him…’ Uee commented, laughing a little.

Little by little already…I was starting and getting to feel better.

‘Hurry Hurry~ You must see the cake room!’ Uee and Kahi both said rushing me to finish my ice cream

I smiled ‘hahaha, okay. Okay, I’m gonna choke on these’ I joked

- 4 Hours Later-

4 hours had passed…and that 4hours we had been eating our lifetime of deserts. Finally now, the chocolate and cake room was empty…it was a record that I had eaten over 675 deserts in a day.

Jonghyun groaned ‘I don’t feel so good…’ he said sickly

‘F*** I think I gain 5 kgs.’ L.Joe Cursed ‘My Abs are disappearing!!!’

The guys rolled their eyes ‘What abs.’ they taunted

L.Joe shot them a glare

I laughed ‘and you guys wanted me to eat everything on my own…’ I joked ‘I could of died from high sugar level’

‘maybe…arg…we should’ve…hold back on the chocolates a little…’ Nana stated, green in the face.

‘I won’t be looking at cakes again...for the next…5 years’ Kahi commented

Jonghyun pouted ‘what about our wedding cake?!!!’ he cried

Kahi raised a brow ‘it’s not like I’ll be marrying you any time soon within 5 years.’ She stated

Jonghyun sulked in the corner

‘psh, such a drama queen’ Key stated

Uee rolled her eyes ‘Takes one to know one.’ She stated

Key dramatically gasped at Her ‘Why I never!!! I’m not a drama queen!’ he argued

Minho rolled his eyes ‘Key if I didn’t know you for a long time…I would of assume you to be gay. Much gayer then L.Joe, to be precise.’ He said smirking

L.joe rolled his eyes at Minho ‘tsk tsk and you said no gay talks.’ He scoffed

Kahi shook her head ‘At this rate, they’re going to be all against each other.’ She commented ‘Rolling their eyes at each other has already became a habit.’

I laughed nodding, agreeing with Kahi.

‘Thanks again, Unnis and Oppas.’ I said smiling

They all looked at me with a warm and kind smiles.

‘It’s nothing to be thanking us for.’ Nana said ‘Your our Dongsaeng. It’s something that naturally will happen’

Onew nod, grinning ‘It’s a Dongsaeng instinct kind of thing’ he said

 ‘either way. In the end… I’m just thankful to have Oppas and Unnis’ I said sincerely. ‘ really don’t think I’d be able to pull myself together…without everyone.’

Even if there was a great loss that had happen…I seemed to already have something that’s worth the same value always with me. The values that always have welcoming and open arms for me…the ones which embraced me with love and care.

Is it bad…to say…that….

I was more thankful to have them more then Taemin?

Right now…

I guess not.