Confessions [Goal Sequel 3.3]

Short Stories [Yoonhyun]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Enjoy this final chapter ^^

 

I excuse for some errors that can be found.

----------------------------

 

 

 

it's a game that shouldn't be missed, few members of Sone Zone cancels their plans on going home. Under it's bright stars, two coaches stand at the center of Sone University’s football filled—that make sense from people's eyes.

 

New Coach vs a Veteran Coach.

 

Members of Sone Zone all couldn't believe what they are staring at. Coach Choi is undeniably having the same intense stare to Sone Zone's former Coach. It would've been better if the two only wants to play because they are friends... but, the truth was? 

 

Seohyun stands between them.

 

"If I win. Seohyun, will you say yes?" Sooyoung firmly asked. Her eyes, it's burning on desire to kick Yoona out in this field. Not that she doesn't like her, but... earlier when the latter made an announcement, it just make her furious. It just threatens her. It just makes her want to prove that she's a good coach... and good lover? Perhaps. And interrupting someone in the middle of her confession is something she shouldn’t forgive. It’s beyond privacy.

 

The younger girl simply looks back to Yoona, waiting for her any response.

 

"Seohyun, if I win this game. Will you hang out with me tonight?" Came Yoona's words for her too. Yoona stare at her with hopeful eyes. Hopeful that she can bring her to the place she wanted them only.

Yoona, who has been with her determination to dominate this game later, is becoming more impatient—Impatient  to kick this new Coach who wants to stop her confession later. The moment she heard the confession earlier, she never thinks twice and interrupted them with the bounce of the soccer ball. As if really threatened that her girl would go for this coach she only knew for 5 months—to think, she barely knows her. She wants to win this game, no, she needed to win this game.

 

Seohyun sighed at Yoona’s question. She turned to the ball in the center and distances herself. “Ready?”

 

The two coach’s nod in a cue.

 

Whistle~

 

--

 

The two coaches move their feet in alert.

 

Coach Choi got it in time. She quickly move forward, passing Yoona in a speed. But Yoona was fast at chasing; she appeared almost immediately in Sooyoung’s front, trying to steal the ball. Sooyoung quickly reacted and tried to cover it up. Yoona know better and dodges all Sooyoung’s foot on her. She tried as fast as she can, stealing the ball.

But Sooyoung is one professional player too, every time Yoona's foot would reach for the ball she can block it right, she can resume her play and move forward to the goal box. Yoona was starting to feel the intense play that Sooyoung is giving and didn't think twice to chase, to grab Sooyoung's foot under but only to be block once again.  She tried again and again, stealing it from left to right until she unbalanced the play from Sooyoung and the ball was on free.

 

They eyed the ball not too far, as they quickly runs for it. It's in the right side of the goal box not far from it. Yoona succeeded to get the ball and quickly made a kick forward towards the goal, but Sooyoung has block it and throws it on the other side. She didn’t give up, she runs for it but this time Sooyoung was fast and she quickly play towards the other side of the goal box, Yoona groans in frustration--chasing Sooyoung once again.

 

--

 

"Oh no, Coach Choi got it." Hyo could only mutter, glancing at the younger on her side. The latter was watching the two without blinking. What's in her mind? she only knows. 

 

--

 

Yoona got the ball again, playing it hard for Sooyoung this time. She keeps on giving the new coach a fake play: If she will go for right, she'll fastly going back to her left, if it's in the left, she'll move it to the right. 

 

--

 

10 minutes left.

 

"Yoona... Coach Choi " Seohyun could only watch in worries. Yoona  hit 2 goals and so as for Sooyoung. If Sooyoung would grab this, she knows it'll be hard for her to response to Sooyoung's question. If Yoona, she doesn’t know yet with the deer’s plans.

 

Yoona successfully steal the ball, she immediately advances, going for a goal. Sooyoung was chasing. Yoona is becoming stronger with her every run. Yoona lost the ball once again from Sooyoung’s expert steal. Going back to the other side, Yoona throws her body and slide her right foot to steal it again. sooyoung was quick to lift it high, she uses her head for a goal.

 

Miss.

 

Yoona had immediately stood running for the Miss ball with Sooyoung. They are head to head.

 

“I’m going to win.”

 

“Not a chance.” Yoona mutters, with a burning desire.

 

Yoona expertly got the ball and kick it to the center. Once again, they’re chasing for the ball.

 

5 minutes left.

 

“Sooyoung got the ball in time, leaving Yoona in the grass panting. But our former coach had immediately regain her strength. She’s now chasing once again. Sooyoung was so near to the goal box. Oh no Yoong faster!!!”

 

“She’s quite tired now.” Seohyun mutters, watching her favorite coach desperate to grab the ball again.

 

“Sooyoung is on it………. “

 

“Yes she miss it.” Nicole on the side rejoiced.

 

Yoona got the ball. It’s 2 minutes left.

 

“Aigoo… the two can’t be stop. They’re desperate for this.” Nicole said, glancing at her best friend’s side.

 

“No. this should be stop.” Seohyun can’t take it anymore and drops Yoona’s ball in her grasp. She run to the goal box and spread her two arms. “STOP!” she shouted.

 

Yoona was on play watches her in front. She gritted to see her stopping the game. So instead, she kick the ball too hard to the goal box, in time when Sooyoung slid her right foot.

 

The younger saw the ball coming but didn’t move any inch, she closes her eyes ready to receive the ball in her face or wherever in part of her body.

 

Seconds passed…

 

Silence~

 

Only the heavy pant from both players can be heard.

 

What’s going on? She thought, After receiving nothing hits her head.

 

“Oh noooooooo”

 

“Yoona stop!”

 

“Coach Choi stop!”

 

Next thing, she open her eyes just to see the ball in front. It didn’t reach the goal box. Looking up, she saw her friends at the center—trying to stop the two coaches. “What’s… “

 

Thud.

 

She watches in horror.

 

Yoona is apparently fist fighting with her new coach. Instinctively, she runs towards them and tried to stop whoever she can grab. it was Coach Choi who she got and she immediately pulled her hard away from Yoona’s grasp.

 

“Yah what the hell!” Sooyoung shouted on top of her lungs, stunning Seohyun in process. Yoona never think twice and quickly grab the younger away from this new coach.

 

“And who the hell are you to hurt her?” Yoona shouted in anger.

 

“Yoona stop.” Yoona got even furious and advances trying to reach for Sooyoung’s collar.

 

“Yoona please stop.”

 

“You’re a loser!”

 

“You—“

 

“You intended to do it!”

 

“PLEASE STOOOOOP!!!!”

 

With one last breath, Yoona stop at the screaming from the younger. She look at her intensely. Her blood is rising to the highest level, as she clenches so tight. Yes, she was too mad. Too mad because the moment she kick the ball towards the goal box, Sooyoung foot on her and she drops in the grass. What’s next? Sooyoung pulled herself up and was still on it to kick the ball. She was surprised and did to stop Sooyoung to advance. She pulled her back hardly and fought.

 

“Seohyun, do you know what’s in her head earlier?” she snap a sharp question, shouting in front of her love.

 

Seohyun slowly step back, confused. What happened earlier? She never saw anything. “What happened?”

 

“Seohyun, she wants to kick the ball even for you are still there.” Sooyoung quickly voice out in anger.

 

“What? Yah! you were the one who wants to kick it!” Yoona shouted retorting it back, she was about to advance when Seohyun blocks her. she dejectedly release her fist and scoffs.

 

“I can’t believe you. you believe her?”

 

“No. I’m not believing someone here. Yoona, I don’t know what happened but can we just stop this? It’s non-sense. Whoever wants to hurt me, then—“

 

“Seohyun, I only care… about you. What I’m doing isn’t just non-sense. I’m only trying to protect you.” Yoona muttered between her gritted teeth. it hurts her for instance that her love doesn’t see her effort. “Can you just say… thank you… Yoona?”

 

Seohyun looks down. Out of her shame to have those eyes laid on her. She doesn’t know how to face it. It feels like she was being mocked or something. But she knows, Yoona has meant it. But at times like this, she was too confused on whether she will believe Yoona or this new coach. She doesn’t want to believe either of them, she only wanted them to stop fighting.

 

“Seohyun.” The two coaches calls for her, but she didn’t respond and just stayed between lowering her head. She was about to runs off when two coaches grab her two hands. Left, Yoona and right, Coach Choi.

 

“Please let go.” She said biting her lip.

 

Yoona saw those begging eyes from her love and slowly let go. Sooyoung on the other hand, didn’t. She hold her firmly and once again asked… “Seohyun… can you say something for my confession first?”

 

Seohyun’s eyes diverted to Yoona’s side. She was as if waiting for her to say something. the latter is only staring at her vaguely. How would she still assume that Yoona likes her? The girl seems to doesn’t care.

Turning her head to her right, she smile and opens to speak. “Coach Choi. Yeah, it has been 5 months now and… I really can see how are you so good to me, not only me but to the other players too. And I have to say, you can’t be easy to like… but I’m sorry… I— “

 

Seohyun her back to see Yoona already leaving the field—leaving her disappointed. She can only watch her back disappearing her sight fastly. Her tears unconsciously drop and she immediately wipe it off to turn to Coach Choi’s side.

A bitter smile appeared in her face, before she gives her a shake of head. “I’m sorry Coach Choi.” With that said, she left the field as well, on her way to the dorm.

 

Sooyoung sadly drop in the field, fighting the urge to cry her heart out. But she failed to do so. It’s unbearable for someone who just dump you. it’s even more painful that someone has dump you in these eyes from few members of Sone Zone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

The Next Morning…

 

Getting up, Yoona’s weak body brings herself to the shower. She tiredly grabs for her toothbrush and weakly brushes her teeth. Taking a glance at her face in the mirror, a sad pout appeared from her.

Yes, Yoona feels like throwing her body in the bed again after the event happened last night. She fought for her love and end up heartbroken.

 

Regret?

 

Yes she is. She’s so stupid to even fight for her. She’s so stupid to even felt confident that her love loves her too. She’s so stupid that she nearly lost her savings just to cancel the confession. So stupid. Stupid. Stupid. It keeps on ringing to her head. Why can’t she just give up right? So that everything will be nothing anymore. So that it will not cause any more pain.

 

Yoona, have I told you to give up? Come on, get up kiddo. Do for it for your appa.

 

But as her father's words would ring to her mind, she doesn't want to give up. 

 

Tossing her toothbrush to the side, her eyes suddenly burns. Her eyes suddenly say something. “No. This is my last day. I should not waste this.” She suddenly felt this urge to do it for the 2nd time.

 

Exiting the shower in a dash, she quickly dialed her sister’s number and told her about her 2nd plan. Her last plan to confess for her girl. After done so, she dashes outside and proceeds to the University, hopeful to spot her.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

"Hey Seohyun-ah!"

 

"Wait!"

 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun!"

 

Seohyun stop finally. Her books drops upon hearing her full name being called. She knows the voice surely, so she remained froze. She remained in her spot not wanting to see the doe-eyed girl. 

 

"Aigoo... are you in a hurry?" Her footsteps is becoming so close. It's dangerously keeping her tremble every footsteps. Until she stopped, she brace herself and said...

 

"Yoona, please stop right there."

 

Stunned of the cold voice, Yoona complied and just stood behind. "Why?"

 

"I don't want to see you."

 

Yoona was taken aback. She clenches, not wanting to believe and reach for her shoulder to turn her around. But it only surprised her more to see her girl's swollen eyes. "Did you cry?" she asked, for a confirmation. But the younger only looks down. "Seohyun, tell me. Did Sooyoung hurt you?"

 

Seohyun shakes her head.

 

"Then what is this?" Yoona shouted, confusions all over her head. But once again, she was answered by silence. Yoona knew better and pulled her for a hug. She comfort her as much as she wanted to.

 

"Fine, I know you're just tired from yesterday. Come on, let's have some drink." She offered.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Yoona's POV

 

Watching her sipping her juice in silence is really disturbing for me. She hasn't said anything since then. How am I going to know what really happened between her and Sooyoung? But, as I can see that Sooyoung wasn't around her, feels a relief for me. I look around, and there wasn’t Sooyoung’s presence. What happened last night? I heard her say about how this coach is really not that easy to like. So I assume they are a couple now?

 

I’m seriously confused her. she wasn’t even happy across me. She was in deep thought. And those swollen eyes were really saying something. Did she cry last night? For what reason? I really couldn’t imagine seeing her cry. Seeing her like this is a painful to my heart.

 

Sigh.

 

"Seohyun, Umm... It's my last day if you want to know." I said in a mutter, hoping that she will answer me.

 

"I know." And she did as she took another sip to her juice. She looked up finally with a small smile.

 

"You don't want to see me?" I asked, thinking of what has she blurted earlier. She might be really silence because I am around. She might want some alone time. But she agreed on having us a time here.

 

."It's not what I meant... I mean, I don't want to see you because of my swollen face." she pouted sadly. Now I get it. No wonder she wasn’t even looking back at me a while ago. I want to ask about her cries, but I guess I should shrug that thought first. I don’t want to see her sad again.

 

 "Anyway, so umm... you got the soccer ball I gave yesterday?"

 

"Yup."

 

"Then?"

 

"Thank You." 

 

"Your welcome." I said along with a warm smile. She smile back but it disappears quickly.

 

"But... the 8pm thing you said to the letter, it was last night right?" She suddenly gives me another pressure to this heart. Her eyes on me are like having hundred of questions.  I thought she will not brag about it anymore, but I guess she was really this confused with the thing on the letter. Of course I would be blame; I just walk away last night without even explaining it.

 

"Umm... Do you want to... do-do... it tonight?" I asked having the brave when she mentioned it—thinking of she might really want to spend my last day. For some reason, I feel like being stupid for asking this to her. But, she was the one who give me reason to ask this again.

She look at me silence for a while, maybe pondering. To give her time, I diverted my gazes to the people around. To the students around us as my hands are playing with the straw. I would constantly glances at her from time to time waiting for her to say something.

 

Until she finally open to say something.

 

"Yoona... I... wo-would... love to." She said with a smile. It didn't take any seconds as I mirrored her and took a sip of my juice.

 

"But... what is there tonight?" She asked so innocent.

 

It gives me a smile to hear her like that. Before I could answer her, I think of giving a card that would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter