Goal [Final 2.2]

Short Stories [Yoonhyun]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------

 

 

Seohyun stops.

 

Slowly, she turns to the voice who just called her.

 

It's too familiar that she never think twice and stop. 

 

"Umm... Is it really true that you don't have nothing to do?"

 

It was Yoona, who asked her. Thinking for a moment, she took time on observing her. She took time on how will she respond. Just earlier, they finished their practice successfully. However, during that time, her mind was  not in focus. Just before they start their practice, Nicole actually has been teasing her, causing for her to feel a bit uncomfortable.

 

"Whoa! bestie!!!!!.... i've seen it. Coach Im was really staring at you lovingly. She look at your side sooooooo lovely!!!"

 

"and I can see it, you are affecting by her stares, is it?"

 

"oh gosh, if i were you? I think I should really grab this oppurtunity and say Yes in an instant." 

 

Her gazes laid to those doe-eyes once again. She's only going to answer honestly, anyhow. "Umm... I-I... don't have Coach Im."

 

"Oh... okay... " Yoona simply answer with a smile.

 

"Yeah... and... why do you ask coach?" She asked.

 

"Umm... just... want to ask. Anyway, I'll go ahead. Be sure to have a good rest." Seohyun was left speechless. Yoona only passes her place, after saying those words. Did she just assume too high? This is Nicole's fault. She thought the latter would really ask her out? Oh wait, why is she assuming?

 

"Ugh, I hate you Nicole." She giggle, having such a thought in her head. She decided to shrug it and proceeds to her locker room.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Yoona almost have a sigh of exhaustion, flopping her back to her couch. Her bottle of water in the coffee table hasn't been move for almost a minute, since she went back. Her mind was flooded with confusions. It something that she never expected, from her entire 20 years of existence. 

 

"Ugh!!! This is headaches." She desperately slapped her forehead, having it all over her mind. 

 

Knock.Knock.Knock.

 

"That's open unnie."

 

The door opens, revealing a tan girl with her usual jogging pants and tank Top. "What is there you want to talk?" She asked, sitting across her half sister.

 

"Yuri Unnie?" 

 

"Eh? Why so surprise?"

 

"You were... "

 

"I just came from a jogging, don't mind me." Yuri said, chuckling.

 

Yoona sighed once again, having use with her sister's antics. She took the bottle of water from her unnie's grasp and drank it all one try.

 

"Something wrong?"

 

Yoona wipe the water over her lips, just before she answers her sister. "Nothing."

 

"Yah! Im Yoona. You called me here just to say... nothing? Or you just don't want to share what's in your mind right now?"

 

"Nothing really." 

 

Yuri's eyebrows furrowed. She knows this look from her sister. It's quite disturbing for her to see her hissing like this. "Come on, I know you have there. Tell me."

 

"Ugh, I really don't know how to say unnie." Yoona mutters, looking down to her bottle of water.

 

"Hmm... Is this something to do with your new player?"

 

"It's not." Yoona seems to be hesitating to share it. 

 

"Then what? why are you like that?" Yuri was getting impatient.

 

"I don't know... " ruffling her hair, Yoona stood and was about to open the door when she stops and turned to her sister again. "Unnie, I called you because... I wanted you to look over my house while I am away."

 

"Away? Where are you going?" 

 

Yoona simply smile briefly, before leaving the house with a thud.

 

----------------------------------------

 

"I'm bored Hyunnie, let's just go outside... please?!" Nicole who is in her bed, rolling over and over again can't take it any longer and begs for her bestfriend. Seohyun was in her bed too, reading a certain book that she only knows.

 

"Okay fine, I'm getting bored as well." 

 

"Chincha? where?" Nicole's mood brightens, after watching her best friend getting up into her bed. The latter proceeds to her closet and brought some jackets on while she followed with a jacket too.

 

"I don't know, but somehow, I want to have a tour in the University. I haven't been doing this since I got back... and some food trip outside?" Seohyun answers, handing her best friend her key from their room.

 

"That'll be awesome!" Nicole agrees, grabbing the key and drags her best friend excitedly out from their room.

 

They walk arm to arm, in a green environment of Sone University. Not minding the stares from students that would constantly make them smile, they continued their walks, admiring every features of the University. From the cafeteria, library, sports gyms, musical theaters, down to University's classrooms. They never missed every single feature of the University, until they got exhaust and end up outside the University, particularly in a the street--having some food trip.

 

"Whoa!!! I really love this!!!"

 

Seohyun giggle at Nicole's remark, after having a bite of her own dukbokkee and some gogumas. She look around, and find the street really so damn busy here and there. People are having their own food trip as well, which never fail to make her smile. Some were adults, but there are more at the same age with her. At some point, the place somehow makes her remember back when her father isn't that busy yet. She would always have this food streets even before she'll be back home. Her father would always brought her too if she sometimes miss it. Smiling at the memory, she turned her attention back to her best friend, as she feeds her a lot.

 

"Yah! you should eat a lot too Bestie~" Nicole complains, after realizing that her best friend has been feeding her.

 

"I'm eating ya know... But I don't want to be over. It's quite dangerous for me, like a player who will be kicking your tomorrow. Hahaha!!!"

 

"Here!" Nicole suddenly shove her pancake rice cakes, causing Seohyun to eat it giggling. Nicole was quite disappointed, she can see it.

 

She proceeds on taking one again and shove it to Nicole, until they are already enjoying feeding each other. The people around are even looking at their direction, amuse to their antics.

 

---------------------

 

"Ugh, this is really hot." Nicole keeps on complaining with her food, even before they started eating. Seohyun on the other hand was too engross with her gogoma, just not mind a lot of Nicole's complains.

 

"Yah! Bestie! are you not finish yet?"

 

Seohyun shake her head, munching her own food. 

 

"It's getting cold, isn't it? By the way, what time is the play?" Nicole asked, rememberring their match tomorrow.

 

"2pm." Seohyun simply said.

 

"That just means, it'll be cold if we play?"

 

"Hmm? Nope. I check the weather for tomorrow, it'll be quite warm. The weather will be good, don't worry about it."

 

"I see... because I'm sure, I'll be not in a good mood. Screw this weather." Nicole can't help and blames the weather, for sometimes, she's weak.

 

"Bestie, I tell you. It'll really be good. The team will have a good play." Seohyun was even confident, unlike Nicole who could only rolled her eyes from her best friend's confidence.

 

"By the way, I have to tell you. My family are coming to watch. What about you?"

 

Seohyun stop on munching her gogoma, she blinks for a few times realizing it. She hasn't invited her father, who is currently at Seoul right now. "I haven't mention this to father, Nicole."

 

Nicole almost had a choke of her life, hearing the words from her best friend. She almost shout in surprise. "The match is pretty much tomorrow Hyun!"

 

"Y-Yeah... but I can't really say it to him. We just talk the other day, about my stay and his works. Actually, he doesn't know the thing i am telling him. I just told him, that I'll be giving him a reason for us to stay for good." Seohyun reasoned, rememberring it from the last time she had talk with her father. She give their bill to the vendor before Nicole could even utter a word.

 

"Hyun I'm worried. What if Uncle won't love this? You know he doesn't like to see you continuing this, right?"

 

Seohyun shot a weak smile. "I know. This is something I should fix with him."

 

"Why not call him right now? tell him about tomorrow?"

 

"De?"

 

"Come on. I know you can do it." Nicole didn't hesitate and brings her phone out, to call her best friend's father. 

 

"Yah! Nicole! don't bother it anymore. He wouldn't understand it, if it came fromy you!" Seohyun tried to complain, but Nicole wouldn't be move and continue the call, waiting for the other line to be pick up.

 

"Wait, it's ringing, you stay there."

 

"Aish! seriously!' without any thought, Seohyun left her best friend in the middle of the street. Nicole who quickly saw it, walks after her.

 

"Wait! hyun! where are you going?"

 

"Home!"

 

"Okay fine, I won't call him now. I'm ending it." Nicole quickly cancel the call before her best friend could walk away further from her. She knows this exactly, if she's like that, the latter will be mad at her for a month or so. She's afraid she'll do it.

 

"I told you right? It's me who should fix my stay." Seohyun stop on her tracks after having a word from her best friend.

 

Nicole knows better and nodded, quite tired with her walk fast. "I promise. I won't get in the way now." She showed her right palms along with a smile.

 

"Thanks cole." With that said, Seohyun grab her best friend's arm and drag her on their way home.

 

-------------------------------------

 

They arrive in the University with murmurs over here and the there. Not usual to rumors, Seohyun and Nicole shrugs the talks going on, as they make their way back to the dorm. Unfortunately for them, the murmurs around won't stop until they reach the building of their dorm. This time, eyes were on them. Nicole rolled her eyes, once she noticed this and just walk over the elevator without having a look to every students they came along.

 

Ding~

 

The elevator finally opens, to their relief. Because even in the elevator, they can hear them murmuring something they never know. Although they can hear Seohyun's name, it wasn't enough for them to make a little worried. They arrive at their room with confusions though.

 

"Cole, did you know something about their murmurs? It looks like... some kind of... battle? Or what?" Seohyun asked immediately, as she sat by her mattress. Grabbing the basket by the night stand she bring the of vitamins out and find it cute.

 

"I don't know either bestie~ but... I heard another name? Dara? Is she from Soshi team?" Nicole asked, amidst to her best friend's giggling over her side. She sat by her own bed and bring her pillow to her lap.

 

On the other hand, Seohyun was giggling over such a cute puppy all over the box of the vitamins. It's like, it was being place there intentionally? Coz, the puppy sticker's head were forming sone word.

 

Nicole who had finally notice her friend, raise a brow. "Hyun? something wrong with the box?" She asked, jumping off from the bed. But as she was about to sat by the bed, a loud thud from the door was heard.

She startled, together with her best friend--looking up immediately.

 

"Seo Joohyun, long time no see." In the door, was none other than...

 

"Dara?" Nicole and Seohyun stood in an instant. The girl in front of them was burning. Burning of anger? 

 

"Uh... what... what are you doing here?" Seohyun tried to voice out from her shock, but she wasn't being answered anymore by the girl, as she was being drag out.

 

"Miss Dara... can you somehow-"

 

"Let's play." Came Dara's cold voice, dragging the girl to enter the elevator. Nicole who was behind never had a chance anymore to chase and just use the stairs.

 

"Seriously, you are insane!" Seohyun finally had let go of her hand, while she still can't be away from Dara's tantalizing eyes. She looks away, to avoid the hidden desire of this girl.

 

But how can she? Dara is far from a stupid girl. She was being drag again by the latter, in time the elevators open. All students had started to gather in the lobby after knowing that Dara came to grab their player for a duel?

 

As eyes were on them, Seohyun couldn't take and clenches too tight. She hated this kind of stupid things. 

 

"Please, Dara just leave." Seohyun begs, trying to struggle even further. But Dara was persistent and she was already been drag to the field. She tried even more but only to be hold tighter on her wrist, until the latter let go of her, they are already in the center of Sone University's football field.

 

She can feel the eyes from each students over her place, giving her more worried. She bit her lip, trying to see any reasons so that she could escape this duel from the latter. But unfortunately, she can't find anything. Dara is a girl who wouldn't give up if she's in the field. Having a duel with her will be a wrong choice, but as her mind would see that it's Soshi's captain who is in front of her, she doesn't need to give up too. She somehow have a mind on playing for Sone. All these eyes around her is definitely pressuring her.

 

"You do the attack, and I'll try to block and steal the ball..." She snap out, hearing Dara's determination.

 

Thinking for a moment, she nod in understanding and grab the ball from Dara's grasp. She wintess as Dara move a distance and pose for a block.

 

"This is only once." Seohyun says, ready to play for the ball.

 

Dara's hand made a motion, and she started...

 

-------------------------------

 

Seohyun's two foot moves in an instant. Her eyes were on Dara's burning desire. So she never think twice and play for it from left to right. Even for the fact that her move is quite slow, she never ponders and move her legs.

 

Dara on the other hand keeps her play. Every time Seohyun's right foot would go for the left, her own legs will instantly move the same place. 

 

Her eyes were on the ball, trying her work on stealing the ball. But she noticed, the latter is a bit slow?

 

"Why are you so slow?" She asked, smirking. Suddenly the weather has been too cold and a thunder was heard up above. It started with a slow manner, but later, heavy rains comes. 

 

But unfortunately, the two players in the side are not going to give up even for this rain.

 

Dara didn't heard anything from seohyun anymore, but instead she was answered by a strong kick from her opponent. It passed her legs and she quickly alerted, going for a run. Seohyun was on time to grab the ball again and move it towards the goal Box. Dara was behind close, she uses her strength and suddenly dives her leg to steal the ball, but her opponent was quick to jump high and made a quick turn to her left. Dara stumbles in the gress. Watching her opponent having a quite fun with the ball by the distance, she pulled up herself and runs to steal the ball once again. Seohyun stops on playing the ball and move back to her usual plan. Dara was approaching, she made another twist to the ball and blocks Dara from behind her.  Dara never hesitated and once again move her left leg... in one swift motion, she lowered herself instead from behind and slide her leg. Seohyun saw it coming and jumps as a response. Dara hit the ball, throwing it away from them.

 

With their heavy breaths around, they runs for the ball but Seohyun was too slow and stumble in the grass. Dara saw this opening and got the ball in an instant. She quickly returned the ball in the left side of the field.

 

Seohyun on the other hand has been struggling to move. She tries to get up and soon she chases for Dara too slow.

 

"Gosh! what's happening to you?" Dara shouted, moving the ball via her foot. She is so near already to the goal box.

 

Seohyun cursed, she suddenly stops and slapped her forehead for being too slow.

 

"Ows? You're giving up now?" Dara shouted once again.

 

Seohyun's head brought up, having the urge to steal the ball again. She clenches too tight. How can she win the game tomorrow over this speed? She would be losing the game for Yoona. 

 

"I think it's over right?" Dara shouted. She kick the ball expertly, and hit the box.

 

Seohyun drops her two hands in the grass, clenching too tight. The rain that was hitting her entire body was no longer helping her and she drops in the grass, allowing the rain hits her face. Her eyes shut too tight, while the cold rain from up above is constantly hitting her hard. Her two hands were on her sides, curling it into a fist.

All her memories from the past came rushing into her closing eyes. The pain from letting go a mother, and the pain she got when she first lose a game... for Soshi. It's unbearable. It's too indescridable. How she wishes to vanish right at this point, so that all these pain will be nothing anymore. All she wanted now is to drown herself from this rain and don't breath anymore.

 

"YAAAAAAH!!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter