Love Again [3.5]

Short Stories [Yoonhyun]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona's POV

 

"30" 

 

"20"

 

The faint voices that filled my ears erupted as my mind had suddenly shot me. My eyes slowly closed, as the voices suddenly had myself gasped.

 

 

"For almost 6 years... Why do we need to do this? You promised, right?"

 

"I do. But sometimes, love isn't just enough to make people happy, wifey. I just can't... "

 

"I don't know what's in your mind right now and I don't even understand why we are doing this. But if that what's you want..."

 

"Don't worry, you'll find another one. She or he... will surely give you the happiness you always wanted from me.”

 

“Better than you?”

 

"1"

 

Snapping back to my own sense, I pulled away as I find myself hardly breathing while she just looks at me blankly. For a moment I was staring at her, questioning myself: “Did Yuri did a good job for you to move on?”

Before I could asked her verbally, I expectantly smile to her and turned my attention back to the people screaming for us. I pretended to be okay and joined them in the table as she does the same too.

Tifffany kissed me in my cheeks as Sooyoung resumed the game while I saw Seohyun wrapping her arms to Yuri’s waist and even rested her head to her shoulder.  I didn’t bother it anymore and focus my attention to my friends around.

However, no matter how I tried not to bother her across, I couldn’t take and I was always glancing at her. though I quite feel a pain watching her happy with somebody else, I tried to ignore it the whole time we converse a little, chat a little then laugh a little with our respective friends.

 

Awkward.

 

Yeah, it was all awkward until the very end.

 

--

 

 

"Make a wish." Yuri whispered to her lover. She was anticipating as she stared at her lovingly. The latter had smiled at her before shifting her gazes to Yoona who was staring at her genuinely.

 

"Babe, make a wish." Came Fany's voice as well. Yoona snapped her gazes back to Fany with a sweet smile. She caresses her hand over and then shifted back her attention to her own birthday cake.

 

What’s really her wish?

 

She clasps her two hands, closed her eyes wishing... “I wish Seohyun’s wish will come true.”

 

As Seohyun also wishes… “I wish to be happy everyday with my girlfriend, Yuri.”

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

After the cake party part, all went to their respective places in the dance floor except for two girls who just enjoyed being in the table with a drink to drank.

 

"It's already 10pm, why?" asked Tiffany to the younger who asked her about the time.

 

"Uh, nothing." came Seohyun's timid response while she busy herself staring at Yuri with Hara chatting in the dance floor and it seems her girlfriend isn’t bothering it.

 

"By the way... " Fany slowly moves closer to which the younger had a confused look right through her face.

 

"Unnie?" Seohyun jerked a little once Fany had reach for her two hands. 

 

"Joohyun, I know it's our first time to meet ever since my sister told me about you... and I was glad to see that she has chosen such a beautiful woman, I like you actually... and... I just... I just want to welcome you to Hwang Family." Fany said sincerely. "Looking forward to see us bond in the future?" and she added with an excitement.

 

Seohyun slightly nod to the warm welcome from the eye smiled girl. She also added with a little smile before saying... "Looking forward too unnie. My pleasure to meet someone as kind like you. Yuri told me, you’re the sweetest sister she had too."

 

"Yuri never change. That tan girl always looks up on!" Fany's eyes disappear as it forms into crescent moon. "but wait, let’s talk about you and Yuri. Tell me everything about her as a girlfriend... does she... giving you a hard time? Is she some kind of a messy girlfriend? nosy? or what?" 

 

Seohyun giggle a little at the hyper question. "She is not unnie. In fact, she's the sweetest too. I think I am the one who is giving her a hard time though."

 

"Oops, never did you give me difficult times cupcake." Suddenly Yuri's head pops-out behind Seohyun, causing the latter to mess her hair around. Yuri giggles at the same time with her girlfriend, as she sat by beside her.

 

"Fany-ah! can I borrow my girlfriend?" Yuri manly asked in a low voice, taking her girlfriend's hand away from her sister's.

 

"Of course, you can." Fany said, allowing her sister to do her thing.

 

"Thanks~!" Yuri pulled her girlfriend up, dragging her to the dance floor in time the music changes into a romantic music. Fany who was left at their table noticed her girlfriend in the side of the bar, talking to some bartender. She approached the latter, sneaking her arms under her waist.

 

Yoona slightly jerked a little of a sudden heavy behind her. "What's up?"

 

"Let's dance." Fany pouted with a plead.

 

Yoona raise a brow. She scan around the bar, and noticed Yuri and Seohyun having their dance in the middle of the crowd.

 

"Look at my sister and Seohyun, how sweet are they? But We are sweeter you know that." Fany sheepishly said her jealousy to the couple.

 

Yoona shrugs. "Yeah, and we don't need to show it to people around."

 

"What? Yah! Yoonaaaa~" Fany whines.

 

"Hehe kidding yo. So you want to dance?" Yoona returned her usual hyperons and offer an excited hand to Tiffany. The eye-smiled girl gratefully takes her hand as they make their way to the center of the dance floor.

 

Sooyoung and Hara who were back in the table had a best smile towards the two couple before them.

 

“Look at the two. I never thought they could survive the awkwardness between them.” said Hara while she took a sip of her own martini.

 

“So far, it was good huh. But however, I want to think that they’re just pretending to be okay?”

 

“Yeah, I was expecting it too. I can sense something between their stares earlier at the cake part. Might be reminding of their usual celebrations?” suddenly Donghae came with a word to join too. Taeyeon and Sunny also tag along, sitting beside Hara.

 

Sooyoung and Hara chuckle at the statement. Both of them knew their maknae’s way of celebrating their birthdays. “The lighthouse doesn’t longer exist now.” Sooyoung commented to which the rest responded with a sad sigh.

 

“How did they really break up? What’s the reason?” asked Taeyeon curiously. For a year passed, she never heard anything from Seohyun nor to Yoona regardless to their break up. The reason or the cause of it, she never knew. It was a mystery for her. She hated it that both of them really keep the story behind their break up.

 

“Only the two of them knew.” Hara added with a shake of her head.

 

“Somehow, I want to try cornering the two and make them talk personally.”

 

“We have the same idea Taeyeon.” Hara voice out.

 

“It’ll be awkward.” Donghae utters.

 

“Well, awkward or not. They should clear things asap. They should greet normally. Both of them have different partners now, and… I think they should build a new friendship, hence their partners are blood related.” Sunny who is quite for the entire time finally voice out. All heads are on her as if surprise to the word ‘friendship and new’.

 

“Sunkyu-ah! Do you think it’ll be easy for them? For nearly 6 years,They decided to broke up and in the next day… they’re back as friends?” Hara said.

 

“Yeah, yeah I got your point. But as we can see… we were almost surprised to know that Yuri’s sister is basically Yoona’s girlfriend. If they keep to be awkward with each other, for sure… the sisters will sense something between them. Both of them just knew that Yoona’s friends are also Seohyun’s. Of course, they’ll expect some friendship come up right after. Come to think of it? They should quit it and just let it go if they don’t have anything inside them anymore.”

 

“Well, that’s a good point too Sunny. Unfortunately, they’re the most stubborn friends of ours.” Said Taeyeon with a sad glance to her precious friends. “If they just didn’t break up… “

 

“This scene would never exist.” Added Hara.

 

Sunny nodded as an understanding, following the stares from her friends behind her.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nowplaying: Someday

 

As the emotional song rings the entire bar, a couple wasn’t bother of the song and was talking quietly. Seohyun’s two arms over Yuri’s neck while resting her head to her shoulders, and the latter keeping her two arms secured to her thin waist—the two keeps on whispering each other.

 

“How does it go?”

 

“What?”

 

“The kiss earlier?”

 

“You mean what I did with your sister’s girlfriend?” Seohyun wants to assure her girlfriend’s mischievous smiles.

 

“Right.”

 

Seohyun giggle. She pulled back while her arms are still in her neck, she answered… “You are asking me… “

 

“How it taste?” Yuri raises playful eyebrows.

 

“Don’t make me think that it wasn’t okay for you, cupcake.” Seohyun replied worriedly.

 

“Hmm… honestly, it was okay. But… I can’t help not to get jealous a little? It should’ve been me.” a sad pout was across Yuri causing her lover to give her a chaste kiss, but this time, it was a lot of pecks.

 

“Mwah… mwah… mwah… my girlfriend why so adorable? Don’t get jealous will you. Because you all have me by the moment we get home.” Seohyun assured after giving her girlfriend her deserving kisses.

Yuri giggles in response. Caressing her girlfriend’s checks, she took a peck at her lips too.

 

“You promise?”

 

“Hmm… if you deserve it?”

 

“You know I was always the deserving one.” Yuri whispers oblivious to how it hit her girlfriend. She grabbed her waist closer to her and added another words… “Happy Birthday. I love you so much.”

 

Seohyun copied her girlfriend by resting her head over Yuri’s left shoulder. “Thank You. I love you too.” came her slight smile to her words.

 

In the midst of the couple’s sweetness, Yoona was behind them couldn’t believe how hard for her to handle her pain and couldn’t take her eyes off the couple. Tiffany was with her but she wasn’t paying attention to her every word that needs more tapped from her shoulder before she could answer her a little. She was lost in questions and somehow a little jealousy running through her veins the entire time.

 

--

 

“It was the best as always!!!” Sooyoung and Sunny shouted loudly. They all gathered once again in one place, but this time, in the park.

 

“Yeah, thank you unnies.” Came Yoona’s and Seohyun’s replies in the same time.

 

“Oh well, like as always… right?” Taeyeon proudly said. They all give each other a warm goodbye hugs here and there before they finally went over to their respective cars. Yoona and Tiffany was the first one to drive off, followed by Yuri’s car with Seohyun and as always, the couple’s black bodyguard van following them and so on and so forth.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Time check, 2:30am.

 

Yoona noted as she decided to get up from her bed, but before she could fully get up, long slender arms had stopped her from doing so. A sighed escaped through as she remembers the moment she and Tiffany get home. It wasn’t she expected, she wasn’t in herself when she was in the mood to do it with her girlfriend.

 

“What’s happening to me?” she asked herself, running her fingers to Tiffany’s hair that was sleeping in her side. When suddenly she was reminded by the kiss she and her past lover did earlier on, she once again bit her lip, remembering how sweet it was.

 

“Why was I needed to remember her lips on me again?” another question escaped in while her eyes were on Tiffany’s lips. “I’m not supposed to be like this.” a single tear drops in the corner of her eyes unconsciously as she decided to resume what she suppose to do.

 

Wiping another tears dropping, she gradually took her spot in her desk and glance to where her girlfriend was before she opened the drawer in the desk. Secretly, she opened another drawer on its left to bring out a white envelope that contains some goodbye letters from her past lover.

 

Dated: June 2011

 

Yoona remembers, it was the 5th letter she receives from her mail box. She was in her 2nd week in California when she began receiving letters that time. She first wonders where did the younger knew she was residing but later realize how powerful is her family to track a person’s place. Seo Internationals is too far away from her parent’s business company.

 

Opening the letter, she let another single tear when she re-reads the content.

 

Dear Yoong,

 

It was now 2 weeks passed when you decided to go abroad instead after our breaks up. How are you? I hope you are doing well. I thought I couldn’t write you this 5th letter, but I did, hehe…

Me? so far, I’m surviving. I would like also to mention that your bar was still good as it is. Taeyeon unnie and the rest are handling it good. As for our parents, they keeps on asking the reasons behind our break up, but as what we decided, I never told them, even our friends.

I hope you can reply to me once.

 

Sincerely,

Seohyun

 

Yoona proceeds to another letter dated November 2011

 

Dear Yoong

 

How are you now, Yoong?

It was now 6 months passed, but what was happening to me? I thought I’ll be moving on this easy? Yoong, It’s hard. Why do we need to do this? It’s killing me.

I miss the talks we use to have. I miss to call you mine. I miss the voice I use to hear. I miss hearing your crazy but cool stories… and above all, I just Miss You!

Please, give me a response.

 

Yoona was about to open the last letter she received from her past lover when she stopped, hearing Tiffany’s voice calling for her. She hurriedly brings the letters back to the drawer and immediately wiped the tears in her eyes, as she flakily smiled and went back to the bed. Tiffany instantly wrapped her two arms in her girlfriend’s waist.

Yoona’s heart is aching so much giving Tiffany her needed warmth. Why did she need to pretend that it was over? It was only one year; she wasn’t still over with her. She hated that she needs to fall for Tiffany to get over with Seohyun, while all along, she can’t really bring herself to move on with her past.

 

She admits it.

 

“Seohyun, I’m sorry… I’m really so sorry.” she thought at the back of her mind. “And I’m so sorry… Tiffany.” She whispered, kissing her girlfriend’s lips.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A week later…

 

Location: Seoul Park

Time: 2:00pm

Work: Music Video Shoot of ‘What about Us’

Director: Im YoonA

 

Seohyun reads the schedule in her girlfriend’s laptop. As the composer of the song, she knows she needs to be there, to make the things accordingly to the song she made, that’s why she’s in packed for a long day ahead with her.

She was about to closed the laptop when her doorbell rang, she quickly get up with a hyper mood to open the door for her girlfriend.

She was greeted by a warming embrace and kisses as soon as Yuri gets inside their penthouse.

 

“Are you ready?” asked Yuri as she dragged her feet to the kitchen. Seohyun followed behind and sat in a chair while Yuri was in the fridge rummaging some food to eat.

 

“Yup. Since it’s my singer’s music video.” Came Seohyun’s reply.

 

Yuri finally did rummaging, as she brought an ice cream to the table. “Will you be—“

 

“Oh my. Yah! Ice cream isn’t good for your voice, you know that.” quick as she could, the younger snapped the ice cream off Yuri’s grasp but Yuri hold it back in compliance.

 

“I know, but I can’t—“

 

“No!”

 

“Aigoo… just this one please. I’m so craving for it.” Yuri pouted so sad after another attempt to take away the ice cream, and she did. Seohyun wasn’t going to give up and right there reach for it again, when Yuri instead holds her arm and pulled her for a quick kiss. “Please!!!” Seohyun bit her lip, receiving the cute groans from her girlfriend. Sighing in defeat, she let it go and sat back at her place. Then Yuri happily opens the ice cream in front of her.

 

“Just this once. No more next time.” Seohyun warned.

 

“I promised there’s no more next time.” Yuri smiled so bright, scooping the ice cream for her girlfriend first. “Give me a bite.”

 

Playfully glaring at her girlfriend, Seohyun obliged as she took the cold substance to . Yuri victoriously giggles at her soft-hearted girlfriend.

 

“By the way, you read my schedule?” Yuri asked, eating her own ice cream.

 

“Hmm… earlier. So it’s Yoona?”

 

“Yup. This will be my first time to be directed by her. I hope we could get along.” Yuri showed her anticipations by adding some words. “Since she will be my in law someday, I’m sure? I should start be close with her.”

 

Seohyun understands and just nodded. “You seem to like her?”

 

“Yes of course. I think she’s good at taking care of my sister. Have I mentioned that she actually treat my sister into a rest house a month ago?” Yuri shared.

 

Seohyun’s brows rise hearing the word ‘rest house’. “What did they do?” it came unconsciously through . She just later realizes what she asked hearing her girlfriend’s response.

 

“Hmm… of course, to have private vacation? It was in Canada as far as I know.”

 

Canada. That’s the place I want Yoona and I to have our own house someday. Seohyun thought as she remembers unconsciously, different from what she replies. “For how many months?”

 

“Yes? You were curious?” Yuri asked amusingly. This was the first time she heard her girlfriend asking further questions regardless to her sister’s girlfriend.

 

“Uh… I mean, umm… “ Seohyun paused scolding her tongue for yet another mindless question. “Umm… Uh… I asked if… did they—“

 

“Oh never mind. You were p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter