Goal [Final1.2]

Short Stories [Yoonhyun]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seohyun's POV

 

Clear.

 

"She got it."

 

"Ha... Ha... Ha... "

 

Heavy breaths, heart is pounding so fast while sweating like hell. My eyes are fix to the goal box.

 

"Seo Joohyun stop. Is she going to hit the goal?"

 

"Seohyun!!!! Go!!! go!!! go!!!"

 

"LET'S GO SONE!!! SONE ZONE!!!

 

Those faint voices.

 

The cheers.

 

"Seohyun, you can do it!"

 

And coach Im's voice.

 

 

 

Gulp.

 

 

"Seohyun, listen of what your heart is saying. Don't mind what is around you."

 

 

--

 

"Omo!!! She’s going to hit... it... "

 

 

This is my final blow.

 

 

Yoona, coach Im.

 

 

This is for you.

 

 

 

 

-

-

 

As if in slow motion, my legs slowly lifted up.... swinging it forward... to hit the ball. Then...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

2 days ago.

 

7:00am.

 

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

 

Yoona wake up with the sound of her alarm clock. Getting up slowly, she cautiously steps off from her bed, slowly opening her window with a yawn. The sun that shines so bright blinded her, which never misses to make her smile.

 

"Hey sunshine. Give me more of you later." She mutters, before she walks over her closet and grabs her towel. She then proceeds to her bathroom, to start her shower.

But before she could start, she stops midway, remembering the day she give this Seo Joohyun a thumbs up. That was the first time she did it for someone. Even her players, she never did that. It was as if, there was something special on her.

 

"Let's see what you can do." She snickered, as she decided to start her shower.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

whistle~

 

"All heads up!"

 

Players bolted up. With their head high, they watch as their coach walk back side by side to their front.

 

"Today... is the 2nd last day of our practice. I am proud to say, that... you guys have improve from the last time we had. We are getting better and better. Nicole... " Yoona stop in front of the said girl. "Good job and your skills of blocking is getting better." After done so, she proceeds to the side of Nicole. "Hara... your kicks are becoming so strong from the last time. The semi-finals was indeed a job for you, but... it wasn't enough for this championship. Be sure to keep your stamina. Jiyeon... " 

 

Yoona proceeds to another one, and another... until she finished it with another whistle.

 

"Sone Zone! Move!" She announces, as her player automatically complies, running through the field.

 

She followed on the side, eyeing every moves of the ball, every move of their legs, head, their strength and a lot more that she could always notice. Indeed, it was beyond her expectations. Her efforts on giving them strict play are paying off.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

"Nicole, block it! Nice job." Yoona give thumbs up to Nicole, as the play is going on.

 

And as the play was going on, one particular girl just arrive at the field with heavy pants all over. 

 

"You okay?" Hyo offered a bottle of water.

 

Seohyun gladly took it and drank its all content with one try. "Ha... Ha... Aigoo... How long?" she asked Hyo.

 

Grabbing her stop watch, Hyo reads... "Pretty good. 15 minutes for 3 laps."

 

"So it's 5 minutes every lap?"

 

"Yup! How many did Yoona give you?"

 

"10 laps."

 

"That means, you need to do another 5 laps. That's a total of 15 laps." Out of a sudden, Yoona's voice was heard behind—surprising them.

 

"Yoona! that's over!" Hyo instantly exclaim, upon hearing the 15 laps. "She's not going to take it. She'll finish this until afternoon."

 

"Hyo, I am not doing this because I am torturing her, I am doing this for her stamina. She needs her stamina better. Yes, she can kick so well, but if it comes to running, I doubt if she's good at it." Yoona reasoned immediately, taken the younger aback.

 

"No, It's okay Miss Hyo. I can handle it." Seohyun smile so bright, as if telling the doe-eyed girl to give her the challenge. "Bring it on!" with that said, Seohyun without any doubts started to run again. 

 

Yoona shrugs the determination of the girl, she simply walk pass at hyo and resumes her practice with her players.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Seohyun's POV

 

I know I have to get this goal. Not just for me, but to the people around me. Most especially my father. He's the reason why I am doing this. And I wanted him to see that there's no need for us to move to another place again. That I love it here, more than anywhere.

 

"Mom, please guide me above there." I mutter, looking up, while my legs are doing it's run. I just turned another lap.... two laps... and three... 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

11:00am.

 

"That's it for today. Luna, I am looking forward for your play. Good job there." Yoona said, ruffling the hair of the girl.

 

"Thank You coach." as the girl responded to her, Yoona smile in response before she left them.

 

"Wow... what was that?" as if a ghost was seen, Nicole couldn't comprehend what she just saw earlier. Their evil coach is smiling? Not only to Luna, but also to the entire players. She couldn't believe and just wonder what food did their coach have eaten earlier?

 

"I noticed too. But, isn't that great Nicole?" Luna patted Nicole's shoulder, leaving her in the field.

 

"Nicole!"

 

Nicole tilted her head, upon hearing her voice, just to see her best friend passing by her with motions to give her another bottle. "Eh?"

 

"Yah! give me yours!" Seohyun shouted, not even stopping with her run. 

 

"Oh! okay!" Nicole quickly runs off, chasing her best friend.

 

"Here!"

 

"Thank You!"

 

Seohyun then speed up, running in circle to the University. She only have 10 laps left. She needed to finish it before 12 strikes, or she will be dead for sure. Nicole who stop after she handed it to her best friend, couldn't utter any word and just shake her head of disbelief. Seohyun is so determined to pass Yoona's challenge.

 

"You can do it bestie!!!" Nicole shouted.

 

------------------------------------

 

Cafeteria

 

Yoona who has been staring by the distant was all speechless as well. She couldn't believe it. Seohyun was too persistent, and she's indeed amaze by the spirit of the girl. All she could do at the moment is to watch her new player's every lap, making sure that she won't stop any second, or else... she'll add another lap. 

 

Her eyes were still focus in the younger's moving figure, not even minding who is in front who has been eyeing her intently. The girl across her couldn't even believe by how intent is her sister is giving an attention to this new girl. How on earth a devil coach paying attention to a player? Not to mention, a new player.

 

"Yah! Yoona!!!!" couldn't hold it anymore, she smack her sister's head.

 

"Ouch! Yah! how could you do that to me?!"

 

"Yoona? do you know how many times I've been calling you?"

 

"I don't care either."

 

"Aish! will you quit watching your player?"

 

"Am I? I'm just watching my other players out there!"

 

"Ows?!"

 

"Don't give me that look Unnie!"

 

"That just means you are interested with that girl right?"

 

Yoona almost hit her sister's head, if it wasn't for her control. She clenches instantly, deadly glaring at her sister. "I am not!" She denies.

 

"Oops? So defensive eh? didn't you just told me that you are not checking on your new player?"

 

"Aish! seriously!" Yoona could no longer hold on and left the cafeteria.

 

However, as she was about to left the cafeteria, she suddenly stop when a loud cheer was being heard outside. Out of her curiosity, she went over the window beside her sister, just to see this Seo Joohyun girl panting so hard in the floor with her knees and two hands supporting her.

 

"Yoona! she did it! For only Two and half hour!" Hyo who is outside spotted Yoona in the cafeteria, informing her.

 

Yoona's jaw drop. 

 

"That's a record." Her sister remarked. "The last time I know, it was Luna who got your 15 laps for 3 hours. Isn't that amazing?"

 

Instead of answering, Yoona somehow smile in proud, watching and hearing her players celebrate with this new girl. For some unknown reason, she wanted to go outside too and celebrate with her, but she couldn't because she wants to keep her cool. She gradually took her leave without any notice.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

"Wow! that was really the best Bestie. You got it. You broke Luna's record!" Nicole complimented, patting her best friend's shoulder.

 

"Thank You cole, Hyo Unnie, Hara... Jiyeon and... to all of you!" Seohyun sheepishly thanked them, scratching the back of her neck. Her feeling to be welcomed in the team is really that something. Being such a traveler, she never have a lot of friends. It was always Nicole who will assist her, who will comfort her, and who will give her cheering messages every time she's so down. Staring at them in beam is like the best feeling she couldn't imagine. She wishes to stay for good. But for her father, it isn't like that. That's why, she needed to win this game no matter what. So that she can convince her father on staying at her first love, The University, and playing football.

 

"Let's go?" Hyo quickly lead the players to their locker rooms, after their lunch celebration.

 

---------------------------------------

 

2:30pm.

 

Heavy breaths, footsteps are fast.

 

Seohyun was in the field, running here and there, kicking, blocking and even jumping. Yes, she's in now after she completed Yoona's challenge on her. Believe it or not, she still has energy after her lunch, after her non-stop laps and after her recharge for only an hour.

 

When Yoona calls for a break, her body collapse in the field with heavy breaths. Sweats all over her forehead and through her neck, was giving her much energy to go on. 

Wiping it off through the back of her hand, she gets up and saw her teammates in the nearby bench, having their rest as well.

 

"You want some?" She looks up to the source of the voice, with a little smile.

 

"Coach Im, thank... You...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter