This is Our Prayer

Short Stories [Yoonhyun]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Father, I said till

Death do us part

I want to mean it

With all of my heart

Help me to love you

More than I love him

Then I know I can

Love him more

Than anyone else

 

 

 

This is it.

 

The day that I've been dreaming for is here. 

 

walking in the isle...

 

I can already see the guy I've been dreaming to be with me forever.

 

Just nearby, staring at me so lovingly. He had a nice haircut and black tuxedo.

 

He smile, and I smile.

 

With my eyes lock on him, memories came rushing before me. 

 

Flashback....

 

"Yes... Uh... it's in a restaurant... I'll just finish this first... No-no... it's okay. I think I can just asked? yeah... of course I am. Okay, I'll see you later then. Bye~" 

Ending the call, my eyes quickly scan around for any people I can try to asked for. This must be not hard. I could see people are really that friendly. Hmm... let's see this one then.

 

"Hey Mister? c-can... you lead me to the town's basketball court?" I stopped a guy, just when he entered the restaurant. 

 

"Oh? basketball court? I haven't heard any of that here. Sorry."

 

But unfortunately, he also has no idea. I just smile and quickly bowed in appreciation. Scanning around the restaurant again, I spotted a girl by the distant and quickly ask for any direction. and Thank God, She nodded and guided me outside in an instant. But unfortunately again...

 

"Oh! I'm sorry, I have to go. I still has some meetings to attend. Can you just go by yourself? Just keep on walking straight, and the first alleway is the way in the court." she said, much to my disappointment. But I got what she told me.

 

"It's okay. I can take care. Thanks!" I said and bowed as I left her, resuming my walks in this side street. This town is really that alive. I can see a lot of buildings, restaurants, hotels and even some parks. But I haven't seen this Basketball court that Yul told me, so I needed company. But then again, I was unlucky to grab any of the people here. People in this town seemed to be really so busy. well, it's Monday to be hold, working day!

 

Yeah, indeed it is. 

 

While walking further and further, from the restaurant I have earlier, my eyes would also look around for every interesting things I could have seen. There were some flower shops, convenient stores, and some stuff toys vendors on the side.

 

Much to my happiness, they got some keroro toys, as I already been searching for any good stuff toys. I was mesmerized, for all I couldn't imagine. Hehe, I'm really that still a kid in here, right?

 

Just as I thought of buying it, I runnage on my bag to bring my wallet out. 

 

"Omo!" I was surprised. Didn't I brought my wallet?

 

"Miss, do you really want to buy for this?"

 

I got nothing to say and just bit my finger. What am I going to do? I have nothing in my pocket as well. 

 

"You won't? or you will?"

 

I panic. I need to  buy this stuff toy so much that I'm willing to find any person I know can help me. But... I am just alone here. And only Yul was the person I know living in this town.

and I can't just call him and ask for money. It would be so embarrasing.

 

aish! here goes nothing...

 

"Umm... Miss? I won't buy. I'm sorry." I said in defeat, feeling so sad that I couldn't get that Keroro. I think it isn't just a right time though.

 

"Aigoo... you should've told me earlier." The vendor told me, and I could only look down in shame.

 

Aigoo... this just means, I am really not that lucky eh?

 

and I should know. I am here because I'll be watching Yul's last basketball practice. He will be flying for a tryout in University of Florida, and at the same time, he will be studying for good. I know it's saddening me, but I couldn't just stop him right? It's his dream to be in a University that he knows can help him with his goals.

Me, just continuing on searching for any good company that could hire me.

 

I should resume now. I badly need to see his last practice before he'll take his flight off.

 

--

 

I started walking again, to the direction that the girl has told me. But for some unknown reason, I stop. Reason is, I forgot where to walk now. Wait, did I just pass an alleyway earlier? or what?

 

"Hey! wait... "

 

To my surprised, a guy studdenly calls my name, which causes me to turn on my back. He was panting so heavily while clutching his chest. Later then, I watches him as he give me a...

 

"You drop this?" It's my wallet. Omo! How lucky I am.

 

"Oh! Thank You so much!" I clasped my two hands, and smiles at her so brightly, as if he was my saviour. I quickly grab my wallet. Omo! my precious wallet....

 

"Are you new here?" For the second time, this guy surprised me with his questions.

 

"I am... How-how do you know?" I asked him, and he replied... "From the way you talk earlier? I thought you were lost?"

 

"You heard me?" I exclaimed. This is the first time a person actually is like this to me.

 

"Just... Ha-happened so." He shyly said, avoiding my stares. And I just look at him blankly. For some unknown reason, my eyes can't take off with his own smile.

 

"So umm... do-do you want me to guide you here?" He asked, which snaps me back. I think he noticed my blank face on him that he needed to snap also a finger in front.

 

"Oh! It's okay... I have already been asking for directions, I can take care this." I said, scolding myself for not even paying attention earlier. I my back once again to resume my walk.

 

But much to my surprised, he quickly blocks my way. He had a sincered look when he says... "But it's better if someone will guide you, right?" I was quite taken aback with the way he utter those words. I couldn't think of any reason to answer him back anymore and just literally stare at him. I just keep myself silence, until I noticed myself, gazing at him so... intent. Why? 

 

"Umm... so?" He was the first one to speak, instead of me.

 

"Okay I'll consider it." I said with a smile. I didn't get why, but I started to feel uneasiness when he walks along with me. I can feel that he's doing the same too. But I only wanted to be guided, and so I shrug the thoughts of mine, and continued to keepy myself quite. As we start our journey to the court, I can feel how he's really glancing to me from time to time. It took me more uncomfortable until we arrive at the court.

 

--

 

I quickly rushed and sat in the bench. He sat by my side almost immediately, as I quickly diverted my eyes to Yul who I can see dribbling the ball already. His practice was likely to be done in an hour, so I should not be bored. I am here for him, and I can see Yul was happy to see me. Even this could be our last, I was happy to see him doing his best on every shots. It would always make me spazz and giggle to my self. I even stood and shouted to him...

 

"Oppa! Hwaiting!" I screamed, and he smiled at me.

 

I smiled at him back, and couldn't let it go anymore and started jumping up and down when he dunks. That was the best. Yul is really good at his...

 

I was in a zone of happiness all along, while looking at him doing his dream. Until, I finally realize that it's the end.

 

--

 

I approach him and gives him my best smile I could share for him.

 

"Thanks for cheering me up, Joohyun." He took a peek on my cheek, which didn't miss me to blush on.

 

"Everything for you Yul." I said.

 

"Oh! wait, who was with you?" Just as I didn't thought of it, He pointed behind me which I quickly give an intention. The guy was already leaving the place.

 

"It's the guy who actually lead me here, Yul." I said with a smile. 

 

"You're not going to thank him?" 

 

I stared at Yul in surprised. He was suggesting me to go after him? is it?

 

"Should I?"

 

"Aigoo... of course." Yul pushed me and I stumble ahead. I got it as cue and run after the guy. He stops on my call.

 

"Thanks for bringing me here." I said, with a smile.

 

"It's okay, it's seems that you know the guy?" 

 

"Oh! he's a friend, it's his last practice today, so I have to be here. I was thankful that you actually lead me here." I said sincerely.

 

"No Problem, anyway... I better go." Much to my surprised, he quickly excuse himself, while I stared at his back disappearing. I was about to asked for his name actually.

 

"The guy seems to be liking you."

 

For a record, I was startled to hear Yul's voice again. He had a smile in me. I don't know what kind of smile is it, but I know I shouldn't have shared a smile to the guy earlier. 

 

I started to walk our way back the court.

 

"How is that even possible? He just meet me." I said, shrugging the thought of his feelings inside.

 

"Well, men can see Joohyun."

 

"Eh?"

 

I stopped in my tracks, and I return his stare at me seriously. 

 

"We've been dating for almost 5 months now, and I don't want to be jealous. But... when I saw him actually staring at you earlier from time to time, I couldn't utter any word and just feel this jealousy in me."

 

I smiled at his explanation. I get it.

 

"and you should know... I am-"

 

For all I care, I Just don't want to hear any words from him anymore and kissed him. He responded almost immediately, but he quickly let go. To my surprised.

 

"My friends are nearby, let's just continue the next time." He said with a smile. I know by this time, I had heal his jealousy to the guy, so I intertwined our hands and resumed our walks to his friends. 

 

--

 

After that last practice of him, I know the next day would be the worst day for this entire relationship of ours. I got off in the bed the next day with a weary eyes. My eyes can't be open and wants a rest for this entire day. But as my mind diverted to Yul's departure, I was in my rush mind and I quickly got off. I had my shower in just 5 minutes I guess, had my clothes on in just seconds, and left my apartment in a rush.

 

--

 

"To the airport please."

 

I took a cab and ordered the driver to fasten his drive. I was lucky and the road are not busy and so, I arrived on time.

 

--

 

There, I saw Yul waiting for me with spreading arms. I quickly wrapped my arms on him and hugged him so tight.

 

"I will miss you Yul." I whispered.

 

"I will too."

 

"I'll wait for you until that very day... okay?"

 

"As promised, I will wait too. Do wait for me too Joohyun."

 

I cried almost immediately when he started kissing me. I got nothing to do anymore if he's not with me. I will be dead for sure. But hopefully, he won't let go of our promise. That day. I wanted it to be with him.

 

"I love you." he said, and I only hug him tighter and tighter, as if my world deepends on him. Later then, he pulled away and let go of my hand.

 

"I'll be visiting you, If I can. Don't worry." He said, which give me smile to have hope on seeing him back.

 

"Yul! let's go!"

 

To our disappointments, his coach is already calling him. He give me another kiss on my cheek before he left. 

 

Watching him disappear in my sight is saddening me. But who am I to stop him right? It's his dream. And I don't want to be the only one who he can't reach his own dreams. 

 

"I'm going to miss you." I mutter, leaving the airport peacefully.

 

--

 

2 days later, I was already being hired from a company I've been longing to work with. Though I am not yet okay for the time when Yul left me, I needed to move on and just go on with my life. I know I should not just sulk in my apartment and just wait for him to be back. 

I should be living my life freely, not minding how will it takes for him to go back.

 

"This is it. Joohyun. Hwaiting!" 

 

I announces, looking up to the building. Walking inside, I watched as people stared at me with smiles, bows at me as a greeting. Which would I also return. 

 

I got into an elevator and heard a lot of the workers' voices. They are talking about this guy who seemed to be really caught them? I didn't mind though, but as I heard them further. I couldn't help and smile and giggle silently. The guy was funny to my likings. Later then I realize I am already aniticipating to meet this guy. We could be friends if so. I like funny guys sometimes. hehe...

 

--

 

Just then, I arrive in my cubicle just to realize another surprising information. My head turns to my left, just to see this guy in his files, working so seriously. 

 

Untentionally, he shifted his eyes on his front, which gives me a cue to approach him.

 

"So you are a worker here?"

 

He was also surprised I think. "Y-Yeah... so... How are you doing?" He asked, with this shocked expression, I could describe as an adorable one.

 

I instinctively pulled a chair and quickly held my hand. "It's Seo J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter