Reason

Deceiving

 

“Have you seen my cellphone?” a desperate Ryeowook was searching in every single spot of the bed in order to find the missing device. “I haven’t” Kyuhyun feigned indifference as he lied, immediately he pulled the smaller back to his embrace. “Now let’s return to our sweet nap” the petite man reluctantly nodded, but it was obvious he was still scanning through the room, hopeful that he would be able to spot the small object.

Even if Kyuhyun’s eyes were shut, he was able to tell Ryeowook was still fully conscious and very worried about the lost cellphone – which was actually broken now. “Do you think I forgot at the restaurant?” The petite finally asked as he couldn’t find any signs of it around the room. The place was illuminated by the sun lights that trespassed the blinds.

“I don’t know. Want return there to check?” the taller rested his chin on the crook of Ryeowook’s neck, breathing the scent of his skin – probably a floral perfume. Since it was so irresistible, Kyuhyun started pressing his lips against the unarmed exposed skin. “Can we? Don’t you have work to do?” Ryeowook tried to ignore the warm breath that was caressing his neck and the lips that were attacking it in the current moment.

“I am the boss. Duh.” Kyuhyun pointed out as matter-of-factly which caused Ryeowook to growl at how he had such an easy life while all of his employees had to do the entire job. Ryeowook’s eyes were analyzing each spot of the room; Kyuhyun was able to notice how the other was focused in finding the device. Sighing, Kyuhyun stopped doing his actions – the petite man wasn’t paying him any attention after all – he hated to be ignored.

“Why you need it so urgently?” an irritated Kyuhyun questioned as he sat up on the bed, staring in disbelief at the other. “Sungmin might call. Even if we fought, he still worries about me, or at least I hope he does.” Ryeowook bitterly justified as his eyes were again expressing the sadness he felt.

“I don’t care about him.” Kyuhyun murmured moodily, though he knew those happenings were too recent for Ryeowook to completely stop loving his fiancé. Those tears that were threatening to fall again made Kyuhyun to give up very quickly – like previously said, he did have a weak spot for pitiful beings and Ryeowook happened to fit perfectly in that requirement.

“Fine. Let’s go to check in the restaurant” he finally surrendered, trying to give hopes for the smaller, but they obviously wouldn’t find anything there. The petite man simply threw himself into the hold of the detective, smiling to show how thankful he was again – little did Ryeowook know that the other was responsible for getting rid of it.

----------------------------

“So?” Kyuhyun asked to feign interest, even though the answer would be a negative one – which actually satisfied him, because Sungmin wouldn’t be able to reach Ryeowook during their time together. Obviously disappointed, the shorter shook his head, quickly occupying the seat beside the other in the car.

Although the young detective had the urge to laugh in fulfillment, he knew this wasn’t the proper time for that otherwise Ryeowook would probably discover this facet of his. “Then let’s head for our next stop: the shopping. I’ll buy you another one.” Of course he would, it was his fault to begin with.

Almost immediately, Ryeowook stared at the man beside him with astonishment. “No, I was careless and lost it! No need to buy me another one!” he started to feel guilty about bothering the other due to his reckless actions. “Shh.” Kyuhyun silenced him by placing his index finger on Ryeowook’s lips. Being quite obedient, the smaller obeyed, only to be surprised by a pair of lips against his once the charming detective removed his hand.

Already growing used to kissing the other, they spend a few seconds like this until Kyuhyun separated – he had to drive towards the shopping instead of making out with the other in the car, even if the last option was tempting. Due to his embarrassment, Ryeowook remained quiet during the entire ride towards the shopping mall.

Once Kyuhyun properly parked the car, he didn’t allow Ryeowook to leave it without him opening the door for him before. “I’ll get used to this, if you keep doing it every time.” He complained a little uncomfortable for being treated like he was indeed precious for the detective. “That’s the main purpose” Kyuhyun’s fingers intertwined with Ryeowook’s once they were walking together towards the elevators.

--------------------

After the unknown voice told him those words, Sungmin kept waiting for his lover to return. Insistently, he tried calling again to the number, but it was in vain, it didn’t even reach. What happened? Who was that person? Such questions were killing him on the inside.

Although he was impatient, he took short seconds to admire the band that was on his hand. A gentle smile spread on his features as he remembered the day he proposed to his lover, his Ryeowook.

“I hate you” Sungmin said in a serious tone while they were walking around the park at night. The smaller male froze from the sudden words, quickly starting to ask himself what he did wrong – things were going so smoothly up until now. Instants later, his eyes were overflowing with tears which caused Sungmin to panic. “No! Don’t cry! You should’ve asked why before.” He blurted out completely messing up with his own plan, but he couldn’t go on as the worry for his lover was bigger.

Blinking confusedly Ryeowook tilted his head furrowing his eyebrows. “Why?” he finally asked as Sungmin whipped his tears away. “I hate you, because you aren’t completely mine, yet.” Ryeowook hit him on the chest with all the strength he had, startled by those words and a little annoyed by how he decided to say it. Relieved that Ryeowook calmed down, he kissed the smaller, finally making the awaited proposal.


Sighing inwardly, he cursed at how Ryeowook seemingly found out about his few rendezvous which was bad enough. However, it was hard to control himself around his lover when he made the promise to protect his purity unless Ryeowook made the decision to give up that for him – well, the latter never once verbalized such desires.

“Only 6 months left.” Sungmin smiled as he counted the days until they would finally marry each other.