Happy new year

Deceiving

 

His delicate fingers surrounded the surface of the mug in an attempt to acquire warmth from it – inside it contained a chamomile tea. Ryeowook was standing on the apartment’s balcony, eyes landing on the breathtaking view of the city at night.

The buildings around could be seen due to the lights that were emitted from the many windows and also from the street lamps. “Never realized how tall this building was” Ryeowook distractively commented, eyes remaining on the small spots on the streets – cars that were moving along the flow.

“Scared?” the male questioned while placing his mug on a glass round table, leaving his comfortable seat on the chair, heading towards where the younger was standing. “A little bit” Ryeowook shyly admitted, because he slightly feared high heights. Although he also lived in the higher levels of the building, he always managed to avoid staring at the sight the balcony provided.

“Don’t be” Kyuhyun hoarsely whispered close to the younger, while sneakily clasping around the slim waist. “I am here with you” a light pink coloration made its way towards Ryeowook’s cheeks as he heard the cheesy speech. “How many minutes left until new year? It’s cold” Ryeowook mumbled absently, taking a sip of his tea before it turned cold.

Kyuhyun checked his watch in order to answer the question. “Fifteen minutes left. Want to do something to warm up?” the older suggested, stealing the mug from Ryeowook’s hand, placing together with his on the table – the latter wasn’t even able to complain about losing the thing that provided warmth for his hands. “What?” Ryeowook grumpily asked, easily giving in to whatever the other had in mind.

“Let’s dance” Kyuhyun teasingly spoke, taking Ryeowook’s hands in his, mimicking a dance position. “Pff. You already started wrong” the younger mocked. Ryeowook hastily corrected the irregularities. Kyuhyun eyed the younger quite impressed, because he never expected Ryeowook to know how to actually dance.

“You dance quite well” Kyuhyun praised while they moved together, causing Ryeowook’s smile to change into a bitter one.

“Eh? Do I have to learn how to dance?” Ryeowook whined to his fiancé who was trying to coax him into learning.

“Of course. I will definitely ask to dance with you during the party and I am sure all the guests will pay attention to us.” Sungmin calmly explained, chuckling at his lover sitting on the floor as a form of protest.

“Being the main attraction is a pain” The younger added while allowing Sungmin to help him up.


“Oh. Thanks for the dinner, was nearly forgetting to say this” Ryeowook skillfully averted from the subject with something he indeed planned to say before. The older growled as he remembered the happenings from earlier. “If only you didn’t keep flirting with Changmin, I’d be glad to hear your thankful words” successfully making Ryeowook to giggle.

“What a cute person you brought with you, my friend.” Changmin blurted out when they first met – he was the owner of the restaurant. Ryeowook instantly blushed from the compliment from the unknown man. “Thank you, you’re very handsome, Changmin-sshi” he said feeling the need to return those words – it was just a courtesy, even though the man was indeed very handsome.

“Wasn’t my intention” Ryeowook defensively stated, staring innocently at the older man. “Oh. Only 2 minutes left now” Kyuhyun informed once he let go of the younger, since the latter seemed to be very drowsy already, despite acting actively this entire time.

“Should we make the countdown?” Ryeowook returned to the previous spot he was occupying – Kyuhyun revealed earlier that this balcony had a nice view to watch the fireworks. The detective made Ryeowook turn around to stare directly at him. “10, 9, 8, 7, 6…” After each number Kyuhyun said, his gaze lowered from the eyes towards the lips.

The space between them closed before the countdown ended, lips connected in a soft peck, both were simply enjoying the innocent kiss. A few seconds passed by, until they finally heard the noisy fireworks exploding into beautiful sparks. “Happy new year” Kyuhyun whispered to the younger, placing another short kiss on those luring lips. “Happy new year too” Ryeowook murmured almost inaudibly.

Both admired the display filled with colorful lights, once it ended, Kyuhyun spoke “We can go inside, since you’re freezing” Ryeowook shook his head lightly, grasping on his own vests. “You can go first. I want to stay alone a bit” he politely declined, because he needed the cold weather to get rid of the recent thoughts of Sungmin that sprouted in his mind.

Kyuhyun wasn’t sure of the reason, but accepted as he grabbed both mugs and headed inside. Once the younger certified that the older had left, he searched for his cellphone inside the coat’s pocket. There was an unread message from Sungmin.

“Happy new year, Love. I hope we will fill this year with happy memories, just like the previous ones.

Obs: I miss you already”


For Ryeowook it was strange to spend this particular day without his fiancé, for the last two years they would always be together, since it was also to commemorate Sungmin’s birthday. Going against his own resolution, he dialed Sungmin’s number. It barely rang one time before Sungmin answered, causing Ryeowook to smile.

“Ryeowook?” The older was able to speak amidst his astonished state – he didn’t expect his fiancé to call so soon. “Happy new year… and happy birthday” Ryeowook uttered shyly while playing with the buttons of his coat. A long silence extended between them, one because he was startled, while the other was simply speechless without knowing what to say.

“I was reading the first diary today. I am doing my best to end as soon as possible so I can fully understand you. Afterwards you’ll listen to me, right?” Sungmin murmured hopefully, waiting for an answer from his young lover who answered with a short “Yes”


“My favorite entry was the one you spoke about the calls I made at the beginning of the morning and right at the end of the day. I miss hearing your voice during all day long.” Sungmin decided to continue speaking, because if he stopped certainly Ryeowook would hang up. “Please… end to read everything fast.” The younger begged, obviously missing his fiancé – it was so soothing to hear that voice, despite being mad at its owner.

“I promise I will. I love you” Ryeowook couldn’t answer those words back, because his cellphone was suddenly snatched by a certain detective who was hearing their talk since the very beginning. Kyuhyun felt endangered, Ryeowook was too forgiving and would end up returning to his fiancé soon. Kyuhyun concluded he had to rush his plans. Otherwise those two would only have their relationship strengthened.

“Give it back” the younger eyed the detective in a defying way. Kyuhyun smirked as he didn’t hang up the cellphone yet, so Sungmin could probably hear their talk.

“Ops. Missed my aim, I was aiming for you, not this useless device” afterwards seductively speaking, he closed the gap between them again, finally turning off the call.

--------------------------------------

Sorry for not answering all the comments :( 

Well as an apology, here, have another chapter instead XD
Tests end on tuesday :) Yay!

Sorry if there's mistakes on this, just ended writing and posted OTL