Naivety

Deceiving

 

Anyone who rested their sight on Ryeowook would immediately think: gullible. It was somewhat a precise thought, indeed he was naïve, but he shouldn’t be mistaken as a complete fool. The young man could assimilate many things, but this rational side of his was concealed most of times by his innocent act. It wasn’t on purpose: he was taught this was the rightful way of acting.

Every time he cried, his fiancé would pamper him with love: another bad habit was created from that, so the dependence continuously grew – if he stopped doing so, would Sungmin stop paying attention to him?

Each touch he exchanged with the detective would always signal awareness to his mind, though he would ignore it most of times – he was sinning. This was probably one of the few times Ryeowook acted accordingly to his inner desires.

Ryeowook was truly a consequence from what Kyuhyun spoke before: Spoiled by his fiancé.

Perhaps in the depths of his mind, Ryeowook was able to deduce a long time ago he was being manipulated from both sides. Unfortunately, that certain part was either dysfunctional or simply locked – he blindly choose to believe in anything they said, maybe because living in lies was easier than enduring hurtful truths.

Everything was on a subconscious level though.

Those poisonous words spoken by Kyuhyun certainly were efficiently doing its work on his mind – Ryeowook knew he had to suspect them, but couldn’t, not while the other was able to expertly handle him by distracting his senses.

If only the detective wasn’t so close to him.

If only the detective wasn’t resting his chin on his shoulder.

If only the detective wasn’t placing his lips so dangerously close to his neck.

In front of them was the adorned avenue with a huge Christmas’ tree filled with colorful lights. “Isn’t that a beautiful sight?” Kyuhyun amusedly whispered as he managed to hold firmly Ryeowook’s waist, the latter simply nodded still a little bit astonished by their position – he didn’t dislike at all. Moving his hands cautiously, the older fully wrapped his arms around Ryeowook, by that Kyuhyun increased the intimacy of their position, not really bothering with the strange stares that were being sent in their way.

“Tomorrow is already Christmas’ eve. Will you spend it with your fiancé?” Kyuhyun asked simply out of curiosity, since he expected the answer would be a positive one. “No.” The younger objectively replied, without giving more details about the reason for this. Frowning, Kyuhyun was quite sure the younger said previously that he eloped – thus he wouldn’t spend it with his family either.

“Spend it with me. If possible, spend Christmas with me as well.” Kyuhyun invited, while pressing lightly his lips on Ryeowook’s neck skin, causing the latter to shudder from the sneaky movement. “No. Don’t you have to visit your parents? They would be disappointed.” Ryeowook suppressed his urge to purr, trying to avoid being so obvious that he was enjoying the nibbles.

Kyuhyun decided it was enough of teasing for now then released the younger. Such a sudden action, made Ryeowook confused, so he paid a glance behind to see what happened. Kyuhyun had fished in his pocket the cellphone and was dialing to someone whose identity was still unknown for Ryeowook.

A silence followed after, as the detective was waiting for the person to answer the phone. “Mother, I won’t be attending Christmas’ party.” He gladly informed his mother once she answered the phone. Astonished, Ryeowook started to desperately pull Kyuhyun’s sleeve in order to prevent him from canceling his presence in the family’s gathering.

“My friend will spend it alone, so I decided to keep him company.” Kyuhyun justified as he eyed Ryeowook curiously, gently wrapping his free arm around the latter’s slender waist. The devious smile spread on his face causing the younger to immediately regret. Still hearing whatever his mother was speaking, the detective leaned down nibbling those tempting lips.

Ryeowook parted his mouth from shock, giving the perfect opportunity for Kyuhyun to kiss him fully – he wanted to make the smaller moan, just to play a joke on his mother that was so into talking. However, the older suddenly haltered this action, returning to his correct posture with a displeased expression adorning his handsome features. “No! I won’t bring him there! You’ll embarrass me.” This made the younger refrain himself from giggling from the seemingly pitiful conversation the detective was having with his mother.

“No! No!” Kyuhyun stubbornly kept repeating until he sighed in defeat. “Fine. I love you too.” Then the call finally ended. Ryeowook tilted his head questioningly, waiting to hear the outcome of their chat – more like discussion. Holding the younger with both arms again, Kyuhyun was still recovering from the frustration of being unable to go against his mother.

“I’ll definitely spend Christmas with you. It’s up to you if it’s only the two of us or if you want to attend my family’s party.” Kyuhyun rested his chin on the top of Ryeowook’s head, who was feeling like he was a burden to the older. “I am sorry. You don’t need to spend it with me, it is bothersome for you.” The petite man apologized as he didn’t want to steal Kyuhyun from his family, but he didn’t want to go together – why should he go when he vehemently refused to spend with his fiancé’s family?

“Don’t worry. My mother is actually quite happy to have a new face around her. According to her, she is bored of seeing mine and my sister’s face every week.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes feeling offended for hearing that coming from his own mother. Ryeowook chuckled lightly while nodding, although still reluctant about the idea. “There’s one condition though.” Kyuhyun earnestly spoke while eyeing downward to stare directly at the younger’s face.

Kyuhyun held the delicate hand that contained a ring on it. Bringing it on his eyes’ level, after staring at it emptily for long minutes, he leaned forward pressing a kiss on the back of it. “Remove this annoying ring from this hand…” Ryeowook was quite bothered hearing this sentence, but before he could protest, Kyuhyun continued with his speech. “… because I want to introduce you as my boyfriend.”

This successfully made Ryeowook’s eyes to widen, jaw to drop, completely startled to hear those unexpected words. Unable to give a proper answer, Ryeowook let himself be dragged towards a dark alley, where they would be free from gossips and curious eyes. His lips were stolen for the nth time that day.

Unknown to the younger, photos were continuously being taken during their entire date. However, the cameramen quit this job as the alley was too dark to even recognize the two figures. A moody hiss escaped from him, seemingly frustrated.

“Stupid boss, how am I supposed to do my job this way?” Myungsoo was about to turn around, but paid one last glance at the couple who was passionately kissing. The young man sighed murmuring in defeat “You could’ve told me you wanted privacy from that moment onwards.” he walked back to the crowded street, searching the place where he parked his car earlier.

-----------

Not really the type of author to keep asking for comments or I won't update - though the comments I received made me write the last chapters fast ^^ (faster than even I expected XD)

So here it is as another gift because probably at the end of the month I won't be able to update as frequent as now since my tests will begin very soon ^^ 

Thank you all for the comments they made this author very happy XD