Broken

Deceiving

Ryeowook refused to release the detective from his embrace during the exchange of menacing stares with his fiancé – the tense atmosphere only build up as the three remained silent. Sungmin was horrified that his fiancé dared defying him, especially for a man he barely knew.

Trying to contain his wrath, in order to not hurt Ryeowook further, he breathed deeply. “I promise I won’t do anything. Let go of him now.” He finally broke the silent, feeling guilty for causing those tears that kept streaming down on those delicate features.

Sungmin lightly held one of the arms that were around Kyuhyun, but Ryeowook tightened his grip. “Leave, please. In my current state, I wouldn’t hesitate about breaking up with you, if you happen to do something I dislike.” The younger managed to speak, muffling his sobs completely for a short moment. Kyuhyun, who had his head resting on Ryeowook’s chest all this moment, could hear the heartbeats increasing its rate due to the threat recently made – it was obvious he didn’t mean those words.

The detective wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist in order to provide comfort. Speechless, Sungmin could only feel his heart breaking from the sight – not only his fiancé had threated about ending their engagement, but was also holding someone else. As much as he wanted to scream in protest, pull them apart, none of them were acceptable actions if it meant risking their relationship. In slow steps, Sungmin approached the two that were sitting on the floor, holding each other tightly.

“Promise you’ll hear me out later” Sungmin pleaded as his eyes subconsciously glared downwards at the detective who had his head buried on Ryeowook’s chest – he was probably grinning viciously now. “Later.” Ryeowook answered in short words, avoiding staring directly at those eyes that could dissolve his wrath.

Although reluctant to leave them alone, Sungmin had to do it. Otherwise, his fiancé might do something regretful. Once the door made a scrapping noise, signaling its movement, Ryeowook finally released the detective. However, the other remained hearing the younger’s heart crazily beating through his ribcage.

Kyuhyun saw. He saw how the younger started to cackle in insanity, tears still tainting his features – because he finally realized how his relationship was slowly perishing. What is the point of cheating and being cheated? Can this even be considered that genuine feeling called love? The detective leaned forward to kiss away his worries, only to be rejected – Ryeowook evaded it by turning his head.

This was also wrong since the beginning, but he still went along with the flow because he was weak – he needed someone to depend and Kyuhyun happened to offer it.

Frowning at the reaction received, Kyuhyun placed both palms on either side of Ryeowook’s cheeks, obliging the latter to look straight at him. However, the younger’s sight was focused on the floor. “If you’re still going to reject me, at least do it while looking at me directly.” Kyuhyun’s stern tone successfully made the younger to lift his gaze slowly. Gazes linked, both drowning on each other’s dark orbs, faces mere inches apart.

“I want to end…” Ryeowook timidly started to utter his resolution, summoning enough courage to end this. Amidst his messed mind, he could conclude that everything he did was a mistake, thus the need to repair. Before he was able to end his speech, Kyuhyun closed the gap between their lips.

Dumbfounded, Ryeowook widened his eyes hastily trying to push away the older, but he was weakened by the rush of emotions that ran into his brain. “Try again. I’ll stop you continuously until you give up” the detective huskily muttered once the kiss ended, while his hand trailed its way towards the lonesome pendant around Ryeowook’s neck – the double rings.

“You don’t need to give up so soon” Kyuhyun leaned closer as he charmingly whispered with their lips lightly touching, breath ghosting on Ryeowook’s lips. Ryeowook murmured something back as his eyes were lodging tears again – he hated it. How could someone incite so many emotions in such a little time spam?

“I think I am falling for you” were the words that faintly left the younger's mouth.

Kyuhyun smirked, obviously satisfied that his plan was going smoothly – it was even faster than he expected.

------------------------

Sungmin was drained from the rollercoaster of emotions he felt on only one day. He spent the entire time waiting for Ryeowook to return, but he shouldn’t be so hopeful, because that nasty detective would probably coax the younger into not doing so – just like he probably did the other times.

It was not the end yet. At least, that was what he wanted to believe.

It pained him to remember about the sight of those two holding tightly onto each other – Ryeowook confessing the betrayal was one thing, witnessing it happening with his own eyes was completely different. Although he had the urge of crying, Sungmin refused to do so, because he remembered of his fiancé’s tears that successfully caused his guilty to increase.

Perhaps it was time to reveal to Ryeowook why he was pushed into cheating, though he would have to disclose about his own past which was something he didn’t want to do. Those memories should just be forgotten.

The cellphone ringing brightened the mournful atmosphere, especially when it was Ryeowook who was calling. Sungmin’s eyes glistened with happiness as he would be able to hear the voice of his beloved one again, but this hope was destroyed after he heard the voice being emitted by the device.

“Regarding Ryeowook’s whereabouts, don’t worry, he is with me.” Kyuhyun probably called with the sole purpose of mocking him. “Give him back to me, deceitful bastard!” Sungmin screamed as his sanity was non-existent in the current moment – he couldn’t stand that detective anymore, what was so good about him?

Kyuhyun was deceiving Ryeowook with his act, because Sungmin could only detect a rotten personality from him. “I was about to notify you about that as well. Ryeowook won’t return anytime soon.” Kyuhyun cheerfully said, before Sungmin could demand an explanation, the line was disconnected.

A frustrated screech resounded through the empty room, as Sungmin amidst his anger state threw the vase containing the flowers he bought for Ryeowook against the opposite wall. The shards were spread together with the roses on the floor, but he didn’t bother cleaning it. Sungmin was breathing heavily due to his distressed state, even his brain was dysfunctional now.

Tears finally fell from his eyes from desolation – was he really going to lose his sweet fiancé in this way?

“Come back” he pitifully murmured.