Cheater

Deceiving

“... Cheater” The small man murmured as his worst assumption was confirmed once the detective disclosed a couple of photos recently taken. Tears were threatening to fall, but, being stubborn, he refused to set them free. The coffee shop was relatively small compared to others, fortunately it was exempt from the frenzy downtown’s shops had. It was a rather calm place where Ryeowook could discuss private matters with the detective he hired to follow his lover.


Across the petite man, was the handsome detective watching him attentively, expression filled with sympathy. “Mr. Cho, thank you. I’ll deposit the money in your account by tomorrow” Ryeowook managed to steadily deal about the transition. Mr. Cho nodded, clearly satisfied with the smooth flow of the negotiation. Everyone wondered why the renowned man was wasting his time with an ordinary case of betrayal – he had plenty of efficient employees that could take care of that.


Mr. Cho, also known as Cho Kyuhyun, gently wiped, with his index finger, a single tear that rolled down from his client’s right eye. “Trading such a beauty like you, that man really doesn’t know how to value his precious lover” he verbalized his opinion while sharing a smile filled with mischievousness, which caused the man in despair to widen his eyes after hearing such statement. “I need to go” the shorter man hurriedly said, feeling slightly endangered for being too close to the detective.


Ryeowook was helplessly in love with his boyfriend. Even though it was quite clear the other betrayed him. “When you are finally able to overcome him, do call me. I am available for you.” Kyuhyun flirtingly declared adding a charming wink, handing to his client a card that contained his personal cellphone, instead of his work related one. Flushed by the unexpected outcome, Ryeowook simply left the money to pay for the consumed coffee and hastily walked away from the place.


It is well-known that once you hunt after secrets you might regret in the end, but Ryeowook never expected his hypothesis to be confirmed. Hiring the detective was probably a mistake, or was it the right thing to do? Perhaps with open eyes he would stop being fooled by many frequently due to his blind trust.


Although Ryeowook felt completely helpless, he had to return to their shared apartment. He would foolishly subjugate to that condition, after all, his lover could realize at any moment he made a mistake, couldn’t he? Today was a special day: they just completed two years. Two years of love – or, maybe, lies? The petite man refused to cry, otherwise his eyes would end up swollen, thing that definitely would raise suspicion – the least he wished to do.


Ryeowook dressed up properly for such a special occasion, dreamily wondering what the other had prepared for their expected date – it’s been a long time since they went to one. Anxiously, he waited for his lover to arrive. Minutes passed by, hours passed by, and no signal of his lover was seen. Disappointment could be clearly seen in his delicate features as the other did not even bother contacting him about being late.


Tears gathered on his eyes again, but this time he allowed them to be freed, tainting his face. Memories kept flowing inside his mind. How could only a year change someone so much? Lee Sungmin was the sweetest boyfriend he ever had, caring, hardworking, fun – everything he idealized in a partner. His mind drifted to a deep slumber after countless minutes spent crying.


Thankfully, this also meant he finally stopped shedding useless tears.


It was past midnight once he was being gently shaken in order to regain his consciousness. Ryeowook grumbled gibberish things which made the older male to chuckle at the adorable sight. “Come on, let’s move to bed.” Sungmin helped his lover up, sliding his hand around the slim waist. Ryeowook tiringly nodded, refusing to ask anything regarding the reason for his lover to arrive so late – the answer he might receive scared him too much.


Both took their times wearing their pajamas with a deadly silence established between that, in that short time they spent together Sungmin did not apologize: either the day meant nothing for him, or he simply forgot – option Ryeowook prayed to be the true one. Although both slept in the same bed, it felt so distant. Sungmin acted normal around him, yet something in his actions were off.


Surprisingly, on that night, Ryeowook felt strong arms pulling him closer. The seemingly fragile man smiled a little bit, resting his head on the chest of the person he loved so much. “Good night, love” Sungmin interrupted the silence atmosphere, placing a short kiss on his lover’s forehead. Ryeowook actually wondered if all he went through in this afternoon weren’t just a bunch of lies, until his eyes noticed the absence of a particular small object: a silver band that should be placed on Sungmin’s finger – the proof of their relationship.


Determined to not shed tears again, he swallowed up the urge to cry.


The shorter man wouldn’t say anything, he couldn’t.


Wasn’t it better to keep living inside an illusion as long as they were together? He chose to keep on feigning that nothing ever penetrated in their small world.


But it was tumbling down.
 

-----------

Sorry for the short update! 

Actually, I chose Sungmin for this fanfic because I wanted Ryeowook couple that I would accept in case they ended up together, summarizing, the future of them in this fanfic is kind of uncertain unlike my other fanfics. Actually, it was written on an impulse because of another idea that drastically changed into this. I considered Yesung, but I don't really fancy YeWook and most likely I'd do anything to make KyuWook to end up together OTL In case of MinWook I think they are adorable together, so everything is safe for now. Also considered HyungSik, but I didn't wish to make the poor boy bad again XDD -dies-