Torn

Deceiving

Short steps were taken as the petite man hesitantly returned to his shared apartment. Once he unlocked the front door, he was astonished to see Sungmin rushing in his direction. “Where were you? I was worried sick!” Sungmin required immediately, truly worried about Ryeowook’s whereabouts that were unknown to him.

In complete disbelief, Ryeowook simply watched the other feigning to be worried. “If you were here I’d gladly inform about that, but, since you weren’t, I don’t see the reason why I need to give you any answer” Ryeowook harshly retorted, with many signs of bitterness added in his hoarse voice. Speechless by his lover’s unusual stubborn behavior, eyes finally landed on the item in Ryeowook’s possession: a white rose.

A frown grew on his features as he kept staring at the flower. “Who gave you that?” was questioned in a dangerous tone as Sungmin’s eyes narrowed in jealousy because he realized his fiancé probably received it from someone else. Ryeowook remained quiet, admiring the flower in his grasp, clearly remembering the words the detective uttered after presenting the item he requested for.

“Many consider white roses as bland. Can you figure out why I chose this one for you?” the smirk spread on the male’s lips was undeniable as he watched the petite man stare at him questioningly.

“Answer me” A very frustrated Sungmin demanded as he was annoyed by the lack of words from his lover. Impatience filled the blonde’s features, leading him into stealing the rose from the other’s hand and childishly throwing it on the floor. The petals were destroyed from the harsh treatment.

“Are you calling me bland?” Ryeowook was very offended from those words.

Still staring intensely at the torn white rose, his mind kept repeating Kyuhyun’s words spoken afterwards. Sungmin took this opportunity to sneakily approach the smaller and hold him tightly. “Forgive me, my love. I lost sight of what matters for me the most: you. I dislike you receiving roses from someone else. You can receive any other flower from admirers I wouldn’t mind, but roses represent our relationship. Our story.” He whispered calmly while Ryeowook’s sobs resounded in the living room.

“White roses represent innocence – you. Unfortunately, flowers are so delicate… they can be easily crushed by anyone. I’ll protect you… unlike others who seek to torn you apart.”

Sungmin pressed his lips gently on his fiancé’s forehead, in order to soothe the latter even though he was ignorant about the reason behind those useless tears. Their relationship was falling apart without Sungmin’s knowledge, it was a tragic outcome. Ryeowook raised his head to exchange gazes with his lover, until he got lost on those attractive orbs. No matter how much he hated the other for cheating on him, he was still weak for Sungmin’s touch, kiss… anything.

Their lips slowly approached while their eyelids were closing, eyes still fixated on the other.  Afterwards the chaste kiss, they returned to trade intense stares, which caused Ryeowook to feel a little bit reassured – Sungmin only had eyes for him in that particular moment. It wasn’t enough, though. “Wait a minute” Sungmin suddenly released the shorter from the firm hold. It took him a few seconds, until he reappeared holding a red rose – the same kind of the one he was presented when they first met. Reluctantly, Ryeowook held it while Sungmin resumed into holding his lover tightly, whispering luring words.

While inhaling the scent from the rose, Ryeowook could also smell the scent exhaling from his lover’s body. Everything was going fine, until realization hit him hard, causing him to snap from the heavenly situation – one that made them seem like a normal couple in love. Such scent… Ryeowook was unable to recognize. They lived together ever since they were engaged which was for about 6 months, despite the fact they dated long enough for Ryeowook to know everything about the other – it was a sweet scent, one that Sungmin hated.

Ryeowook bit the bottom of his lips, very enraged again. That only reminded him the facts that he tried to deny every day, why was it so hard to accept when there were so many evidences already? The shorter man pushed the other away immediately, causing a confused Sungmin to eye him questioningly. Without hesitating, Ryeowook crushed the red rose with his hands. Tears were seen in his face while doing so: how regretful, in those recent weeks spend together his lover never bothered to give him the “symbol” of their love again, now that he had to apologize it suddenly appeared again that romantic side of his. Bastard.

“Interesting how you suddenly changed your perfume…” In his tone the fury was very evident. “Also didn’t know you started liking sweet scents” he sarcastically ended the sentence, leaving the living room from the same door he entered a few minutes ago.

The blonde growled in dissatisfaction as his lover was able to run away from his grasp. There was definitely someone responsible behind that unusual demeanor, because Ryeowook never acted so strange around him. Silently, he collected the petals from the destroyed rose he handed to Ryeowook a few minutes ago. His action stopped once his gaze rested again on the white rose he threw on the floor earlier.

His eyes glimmered with a murderous intent towards the flower. Whoever was the responsible for making his beloved lover act like that was definitely the one who gave such a hideous flower. Cruelly, he stepped over it again and again, until he was sure it was completely destroyed.

“You’ll pay for that”