Revenge

Deceiving

Repressing his heartache constantly proved to be an arduous task. Each day his jealousy would increase by considerable levels, turning him into a horrendous possessive lover. Earlier in that night, Sungmin and he had a fight, because Ryeowook couldn’t control his unstable self anymore – how was he supposed to control it while his fiancé was selfishly betraying him? Although he tried to feign ignorance towards such a sensitive subject, he couldn’t: the picture of Sungmin with that unknown person was imprinted in his mind.

“You’re going out again?”
“Jealousy isn’t attractive”
“But you are supposed to stay with me!”
“We might be engaged, but I am not chained to you.”


Ryeowook was tightly holding his legs, face buried between his knees in order to hide the tears he promised to not shed anymore. The emptiness of their shared room made him even lonelier – where Sungmin went after their unpleasant fight? He didn’t wish to receive an answer to that, but the mischievous detective sent him a few seconds ago a file filled with photos taken very recently. Attached to the pictures was the following message: Still not willing to reconsider my proposal?

Because he treasured their relationship, he kept on believing the other would eventually realize his mistakes. Actually, the petite man was in denial, refusing to admit the true reason why he submitted to such treatment: it was convenient to have Sungmin around. Is this what you address as love?

Long minutes passed by with Ryeowook debating if he should call the annoying detective, until he decided a small chat wouldn’t do any harm. Yes, he kept the number even though he planned to throw that small piece of paper away. Reluctantly, the young man typed the numbers of Mr. Cho’s personal cellphone.  “Hi, precious” Kyuhyun greeted already expecting the call from the shorter man after he sent the photos.

Distastefully, Ryeowook growled because of the mushy pet nickname the other gave him: it made him shiver in disgust. “I believe I dismissed you from this job a long time ago. Stop meddling with my business” the petite man reprimanded Kyuhyun completely ignoring the detective’s attempts to conquer him. “Remaining submissive towards your sweet lover? Admirable indeed. Do I need to remind you about the recent happenings?” Kyuhyun retorted very sarcastically as the shorter man was clearly preventing himself from accepting the truth.

“Or perhaps, you will talk about how you can feel the love through his touch. Oh. Wait. I am sorry, he is too busy transmitting his touch filled with love for someone else” Seemingly Kyuhyun was enjoying mocking the petite man’s feelings that were surely being crushed by the mere thought of Sungmin holding someone else.

“Shut up!” the shorter man hurriedly said, hanging up right after, because he was already annoyed from the few words exchanged with the other. Although he refused to accept that hurtful truth, deep down Kyuhyun was right. Probably, Ryeowook would reach a point when he wouldn’t be able to endure nor deny the truth anymore.

For now, Ryeowook thought things would be fine, as long as Sungmin returned to him by the end of the day, because this would mean he had a special place reserved for him, unlike others that were mere toys his fiancé used to have his own little fun.

Countless minutes easily passed by, until they turned into hours. Ryeowook clenched his fists as some memories flashed through his mind.


“Your purity overwhelms me. I want to protect it for as long as I can, until I’ll taint you with my love”
“If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t personally request for you to marry me”


“ing liar” Ryeowook murmured obviously enraged by the situation he was confronting on the moment. Why was he supposed to stay here and mop about his unfaithful lover? Sungmin deserved to suffer.

Decided to get his revenge, he dialed the same number from earlier. “It’s freakin’ 5 am, don’t call at such ungodly hours” the male growled moodily because his slumber was interrupted. “Where is he?” Ryeowook choose to ignore the other’s blabbering, going direct to the point.

“How am I supposed to know? Weren’t you the one who told me to not meddle with your life? I dismissed the person I put to go after him.” he yawned tired of discussing this subject already. Ryeowook tightened his grasp on the blankets that were placed on the bed, neatly folded. “I am going to kill him” an angered Ryeowook muttered loudly enough for Kyuhyun to catch his words.

“Violence won’t solve anything.” Kyuhyun hastily pointed out as he was afraid of what the boy was capable of doing. Lovers could be quite scary when filled with hatred towards their partner. “What am I supposed to do then?” soft sobs escaped the delicate man’s lips as he was about to break from the emotional suffering he went through ever since his lover’s cheating had been confirmed.

“Don’t make it sound like it’s the end of the world. So dramatic!” Kyuhyun criticized acting completely as an insensible – many went through that same suffering and survived, so why his client had to be so desperate? “Help me” Ryeowook pathetically begged, which caused the detective to sigh – he had a weak spot for pitiful beings.

“Fine. All I can do is offer my shoulder for you to cry” Kyuhyun managed to kindly make the offer, though all he wanted to do at the moment was return to his blissful sleep. Also, he was expecting the petite man to refuse his proposal, since that’s all the latter was doing lately. “Tell me the address”

“Huh? Are you serious?” Kyuhyun frowned slightly regretting, now he certainly wouldn’t be able to sleep again, since he had to take care of his ex-client. Unwillingly, the detective told the address and only waited for the shorter to arrive.

Once Ryeowook arrived, he did exactly as in the proposal: used Kyuhyun’s shoulder to cry. The fragile man needed a “friendly” shoulder to cry all his heart out and comforting arms to be wrapped around him. Although very sleepy, Kyuhyun remained attentive to the other’s mumblings. “What it would be like if I accepted your previous proposal?” the boy questioned after he calmed down a little bit.

“I don’t know” Kyuhyun flatly answered as he rested his back against the coach, relieved to finally have his well-deserved rest. Listening to someone else’s whining was such a pain. “What can you offer?” Kyuhyun placed his gaze on the boy resting the head on his lap: Ryeowook’s eyes were shut like he was nearly falling asleep.

A devilish grin tainted the detective’s features, very satisfied that he managed to make the other tempted to accept his proposal.

“Everything” the poisoned, yet sweet word was whispered as Ryeowook finally fell into a deep, comfortable slumber.

-------------------

Sorry! I promise Sungmin will appear in next chapters :P