Threat

Deceiving

 

Ryeowook opened his eyelids slowly, already feeling the warmth from Kyuhyun’s body against his skin: arms were enclosing him, theirs legs were tangled. Flushing from the recollection of yesterday’s happenings, the smaller buried his head on the detective’s chest in order to hide his embarrassment. Although he had consumed alcohol last night, not necessarily it meant he was unconscious of his actions – it made him a bit impulsive, but not unaware of them.

They simply explored each other’s body – sensitive spots, exchanges of affection in a more intimate way. Ryeowook pressed his lips lightly against Kyuhyun’s chest, grateful for going through such a breathtaking experience. “I thought you would freak out once you woke up” relieved, the older muttered weakly amidst his somnolent state.

“Don’t worry I was fully aware about what my actions might cause.” Ryeowook admitted shyly – why he craved for this man’s touch? Kyuhyun’s hand moved across Ryeowook’s smooth body, memorizing its feel underneath his palms. “Touch me more” the younger murmured as he also enjoyed the sensation from being touched so privately.

Chuckling, Kyuhyun ceased his action. “ert, if I do so I cannot guarantee you the safeness of your purity. Let’s return to our sweet slumber, because it’s still dark outside.” The older yawned tiringly, closing his eyelids immediately after muttering those words. Finally realizing it was indeed dark outside, Ryeowook reached his cellphone on the nightstand in order to check the time. The display screen revealed to him the many missing calls and the unread message.

His features paled as he tried to remain calm after reading each word. “I… need to go.” Ryeowook desperately mumbled, immediately struggling to leave the hold. “Why?” Kyuhyun tightened his arms around the slim waist, refusing to let go of the younger. “S-sungmin came back for… me.” The younger stuttered in a mix of disbelief and happiness.

Kyuhyun frowned slightly disappointed, but definitely wouldn’t hold back the younger from returning to his beloved fiancé. “Stay after all, you are already late, aren’t you?” the detective questioned trying to coax the younger into staying, but only received a kiss on the cheek as an answer. “I need to return to whom I belong to” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance at the automatic answer seemingly memorized by the younger.

“Remember: You aren’t a thing to be owned. Oh. Almost forgot, Merry Christmas, Precious” Kyuhyun averted the subject in order to distract the younger from leaving so quickly. Ryeowook blinked confusedly until he was gifted with a velvet box – when the older had time to buy that?  

Although he wanted to refuse the present, Ryeowook knew it was impolite to do so. As he opened the box, there was a necklace with a pendant of double rings linked – both in gold. “I…” the younger felt so conflicted about receiving the beautiful present, that he couldn’t even find words to decline it – actually, he wanted it.  

“Wear it. Not to symbolize property, but to remember that a relationship can’t be built with one’s egoistical behavior – they’re both interconnected and dependent of each other. Isn’t it a clever way of saying that I need you?” Kyuhyun charmingly winked at the younger who immediately flushed at the explanation, tightening his grasp around the box.

“Where’s my thank you?” Kyuhyun teased, nudging Ryeowook that was in a speechless state – how can someone enchant him so much? Leaving aside momentarily the problem with his fiancé, Ryeowook wrapped his arms around the older, leaning forward to give a short kiss on those soft lips.

-----------------------

Ryeowook arrived at his apartment with a lot of delay – Sungmin sent the message around 9 pm of the previous day, but he was returning only at 6 am. The sight he met up with was of his fiancé fast asleep on the couch. Rushing towards him, Ryeowook shook him as gently as he could, regretting his sins immediately – why he had to hurt his fiancé? Why he actually wavered about coming back to their shared place after hearing those poisonous words?

Once Sungmin finally regained full conscience, he saw his lover sobbing while muttering “I am sorry”. The older immediately knew Ryeowook was apologizing his wrongdoings – what else would he apologize for? It was obvious the younger was probably staying at the unknown man’s place.

Sungmin was indeed jealous by the fact it took so long for the younger to return for him, it only added as he imagined both cuddling on the unknown man’s bed. However, Ryeowook was so easy to deceive that Sungmin couldn’t place guilty on him, because it was more probable the younger was lured into it.

“Hit me. I deserve it” Those words being begged by the younger made the older to frown upon hearing them.

Ryeowook knew.

His mind was conflicted. Everything he learnt was slowly being contradicted by Kyuhyun – those words were starting to engrave on his mind. Which was the truth? Ryeowook could feel he was starting to doubt the undying love he had for Sungmin.

“Don’t dwell upon that matter. I am also guilty for not being entirely faithful to you.” Sungmin calmly uttered, straightening his posture on the couch once he sat up. Pulling Ryeowook to sit on his lap, Sungmin allowed his fiancé to wet his shirt as much as he wanted.

“Please. Hit me. Lock me up. Do anything to make me remember whom I belong to.” Ryeowook’s brain was starting to be dysfunctional, due to insanity caused inside it. It wasn’t his relationship collapsing anymore, it was him falling apart. Why everything he did seemed wrong for either Kyuhyun or Sungmin?

“Why would I do that? This would only make us grow apart. I am not willing to give you up to someone else.” Sungmin soothingly spoke while kissing those tears away, until they finally ceased. It made Sungmin’s jealousy to burn as he comprehended how that unknown person was able to make Ryeowook’s world unsteady.

That person was definitely a threat.

====================

Okay. Exams are going to begin next week. I made many updates because you were so nice to me and commented, and also because of the holiday of this week I had a lot of free time. I am going to apologize beforehand because I might not be able to update much. Tests end at 11 December ^^ /I'll probably do updates before that though, since my most suffocating tests are in the beginning: 23, 26 and 30 of this month ^^

haha ending at that part then saying I probably won't be able to update so soon is trolling? OTL

For those who are wondering about the ring it was described according to this one: