2 months

Deceiving

 

Tears immediately lodged on the corner of Ryeowook’s eyes after hearing Kyuhyun’s news. As the younger tried to withdraw his hand that was being held by the older, the latter tightened the hold around it. “Is it fun to play around with me?” During his disappointed state, Ryeowook snapped at the older.

Ryeowook felt as he was being played with again by Kyuhyun. “The date is already marked. All that is left… is for you to accept” The detective pulled the delicate hand, gently kissing the back of it. The younger’s expressions turned both bitter and shocked – he wasn’t ready to accept this kind of proposal.

Noticing the sudden change, Kyuhyun felt his anxiousness raising, preparing himself mentally for an upcoming rejection. Ryeowook successfully was able to withdraw his hands this time, starting to shed tears. “You know my current situation, I can’t accept. I am weak.” The young detective expression turned sour, pained from the refusal.

“You are far from being weak. You were able to endure all the pain that I and Sungmin cowardly inflicted to you.” Kyuhyun assured him as Ryeowook eyed downwards, avoiding staring directly at the man he loved. “But we barely know each other. You’re being reckless, because you might fall out of love” The younger fidget on his seat while still refusing to allow their eyes to meet.

“Time doesn’t matter. We have known each other for one month, but you were able to know nearly everything about me during this short time, while you didn’t know Sungmin fully in three years.” Kyuhyun argued, pausing for a short moment to thank the waiter that arrived with the food.

“I am scared. I am not confident about this relationship having a bright future.” Ryeowook shyly admitted, finally lifting his gaze that was resting on the dishes. Sighing slightly, the young detective stood up from his seat and kneeled down close to the younger “Two months is the time left until the marriage. We can date like a normal couple during this time, if you decide you aren’t prepared, I can cancel everything.” Kyuhyun murmured as low as he could, knowing there were curious eyes landed on them, since they were causing a bit of commotion.

Astonishment filled his delicate features. “Only two months?” Ryeowook was unprepared to hear that. Kyuhyun nodded, slowly losing his hopes – it probably seemed like he was pushing the younger into a corner and obliging him into making a choice.

Standing up again to return to his seat, Kyuhyun watched their plates, both untouched even though the food was there already. Although the young detective wished to brush that matter aside, he needed to end this talk with Ryeowook before – even if that meant also the end of their date.

“After you broke up with me and Sungmin, I decided to compensate him somehow. So I decided to be responsible for the expenses of your marriage. Everything was already paid and arranged, the date was reserved for this event. However, I decided to make a gamble. Instead of cancelling it and paying a fine, I decided to try my luck with you before – if you reject me then I’ll finally cancel it.” Kyuhyun revealed the truth behind his rushed marriage proposal, feeling bitter that Ryeowook will probably reject the idea – it was understandable though.

“Then the day is… ?” Ryeowook widened his eyes in realization, receiving a nod as an answer – it would be his birthday. “Kyuhyun. I love you. But this doesn’t grant any assurance to me. I am not ready to risk this stability I reached.” The younger regretfully rejected, leaving his seat as he wasn’t emotionally ready – he wanted to be with Kyuhyun, but he was unprepared to live with the pain in case this relationship ended badly.

Instead of allowing the younger to leave like before, Kyuhyun immediately followed him outside successfully stopping him – at least here they weren’t being watched by curious eyes anymore. “Please, Ryeowook. It’s been 4 months already. You need to trust what the destiny saved for you and risk. Give me a chance. I even asked your father’s permission and he granted me it.” Kyuhyun desperately begged.

Weakly, Ryeowook nodded while wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun’s waist. The detective finally shared a sincere smile, glad that the younger somehow accepted. “We’ll manage to make this relationship work.” Kyuhyun made sure to assure him again, kissing his forehead lightly. Then the older fished the ring inside his pocket – it was the gold band with many infinites symbols intertwined.

As Ryeowook allowed his lover to place the ring around his finger, he watched as Kyuhyun was about to put his as well. “Let me do this?” Ryeowook requested smiling timidly, causing the other to chuckle. “Of course, fiancé” Kyuhyun agreed allowing the younger to do the same. A light blush appeared on Ryeowook’s face as he playfully hit the older on the chest.

Kyuhyun grinned at the sight of his lover under the moonlight – it was so tempting. Their gazes were locked filled with need. Leaning forward in order to claim those lips, Kyuhyun was startled when Ryeowook placed the hand over his lips. “Our food is getting cold” he pointed out, giggling as he noticed the frustration on Kyuhyun’s features. “You tease” the detective growled, but allowed the younger to drag him inside – they could save that for later.

Much later, since now they were officially together with no interruptions to come between them.

----------------------------

Alright. This fanfic is nearly at its end. One more chapter is the end. But then there's still an epilogue :P 2 chapters. It is absolute now ^^ 

 

I bet you guys felt as much trolled as Ryeowook. Há! /gets slapped

Just kidding, is just that the last chapter would be giant if I added this part together OTL so I playfully decided to end it on a cliffhanger part XD