Nightmare

Deceiving

 

Kyuhyun shut his eyelids, only waiting for the tragic destiny that was bound to happen at any second. Everything in this life had a price, such a high price for getting his revenge and hurting Ryeowook, but God might think this was a proper punishment.

After a few seconds of silence, he opened his eyelids again only to meet with sorrowful eyes this time. “Why aren’t you struggling?” Ryeowook questioned as he still pointed the gun directly to Kyuhyun’s throat. Momentarily speechless, Kyuhyun tried to remain calm, though he was nearly having a mental breakdown because of the tense situation.

“You won’t believe if I say in words that I love you and regret my wrongdoings. If killing me will prove you those, I am ready to die by your hands.” Kyuhyun bravely answered, even though he was trembling and nearly tearing from the emotional pain he currently felt – maybe he together with Ryeowook was never meant to be. Although the younger exhibited signs of wavering, his face remained motionless.

“Nice try, Cho. You really know your way with sweet words.” Ryeowook returned to his protective enclosure – one that he created afterwards being hurt, since he finally realized he couldn’t trust in anyone. As the younger prepared mentally to shot the one he claimed to love once, Kyuhyun simply kept staring deeply into his orbs – seemingly trying to find something.

“Want to say something before I end with your life?” Ryeowook monotonously asked as he noticed the man underneath him watching him intently – such act made his heartbeats increase their pace. Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows by how long it was taking for Ryeowook to pull the trigger – probably the latter didn’t want to do this either. “I love you” Kyuhyun stated with his stoic expression, only to receive a harsh hit on his cheek – probably payback for the slap he gave on the younger this evening.

“Shut up” the younger yelled as tears streamed down from his vulnerable features – he couldn’t endure this pain anymore, neither the ongoing conflict inside his mind. “I love you” Kyuhyun stubbornly repeated as he knew how powerless Ryeowook was to those words, even though he tried to act tough in front of him: Ryeowook was just someone seeking after love after all, just like him.

“I hate you” the younger uttered amidst his helpless state, withdrawing the gun from the position it was before. Instead of pointing at Kyuhyun, he pointed at his own head. “If you love me as much as you state, it would hurt to see me dying with your own eyes, right?” insanity took over his mind again – he was unable to endure such strong emotions.

Widening his eyes, Kyuhyun started to struggle trying to free his wrists from the tight knot – he couldn’t bear to see the self-destruct state Ryeowook was in. He was responsible for it, so he should as well try to put some sense into his head. “Don’t!” Kyuhyun finally started to cry hopelessly as he realized he was unable to prevent the younger from committing such mistake.

Shaking, Ryeowook actually thought of pulling the trigger, but he loved that man to the point of actually paying some attention to him. He couldn’t go against him, even if he also hated him. Swiftly, he released the gun, placing it cautiously on the nightstand. Afterwards, he buried his face on Kyuhyun’s exposed chest allowing his tears to freely flow down.

Kyuhyun’s heart broke as he watched how his loved one was falling apart without him being able to hold him and assure everything would eventually turn better. It took painfully long minutes until Ryeowook’s sobs ceased, leaving Kyuhyun’s chest wet from the tears recently shed.

Their eyes met.

This time there was lingering feelings on the younger’s eyes, increasing Kyuhyun’s hopes. Suddenly, a smirk emerged on the younger’s lips, causing the young detective to flinch – this surely wasn’t a good thing. As he watched Ryeowook getting the gun back, he was unable to utter any word.

How things turned so messed up?

“What are you planning to do, my precious?” Kyuhyun hesitantly made the question. He only received a cold treatment as an answer though. Ryeowook’s emotions were undergoing a scary instability. “It doesn’t matter for you anymore.” He answered strangely calm, causing Kyuhyun to be aware of the suspicious act – he definitely was planning something inside his conflicted mind.

Ryeowook walked around the room, until he found a piece of fabric to use as a blindfold, successfully covering the detective’s eyes. Everything happened too fast, once his sight was obstructed, lips softly pressed against his. Kyuhyun wanted to touch Ryeowook. He wanted to envelop the younger into a warm embrace, though he was also prohibited of doing this.

At first, only their lips were connected, until Ryeowook asked for entrance. Once he allowed the younger to intrude his mouth, he felt something being pushed inside his mouth. His eyes widened as he tried to spill it out, but Ryeowook hastily ended the kiss and kept his mouth shut.

It was definitely a pill that he ended up swallowing, even though he wanted to spit it, since he didn’t know what its effects were. “Ryeowook?” he desperately questioned for the younger, since he couldn’t see anymore, nor feel the latter around since he left the place he previously occupied.

“Have a good time in dreamland, my love.” Ryeowook sarcastically replied, as his eyes rested on the detective that was starting to struggle – but he felt his body progressively weakening, until his eyelids felt heavy. He was able to utter his last words “I love you” then he fell into a deep slumber.

Ryeowook broke down into tears again as he sat down on the floor, curled into a ball. His sight moved back and forth between the sleeping man on the bed and the gun he was holding. “I love you too” he weakly answered back finally – he had to make Kyuhyun sleep, because his willpower was weakening after each time Kyuhyun tried to assure him he was loved.

Soon, he would certainly give in to Kyuhyun, because he craved for the warmth the other could offer. But he was afraid of getting hurt again by those cruel words that could delude him.

“Goodbye, Kyuhyun” he murmured to the man that was probably having sweet dreams, or maybe nightmares.