Eight

Love and War

Wufan signed as he opened the door to his room. He laid down on his bed, past images of him and Tao swirled through his mind. 

 
He knew he still loved Tao, and he knew Tao still loved him too. But he was afraid. 
 
Past memories of when Tao was captured and held hostage because of him still haunted him in his sleep sometimes. Wufan had killed everyone in that shack that day and he regretted nothing. 
 
But the look of fear on Tao's face was unforgettable. 
 
Wufan had cut all ties with him since that day, resolved to not be in a relationship anymore. But it had hurt like hell. 

He dialled the number that he had memorised since years ago, waiting with bated breath.
 
'Hello? Who is this?'
 
'Tao?' Tao would recognised that voice anywhere?'
 
'Wufan? Is that you?'
 
'Yes. Can you do me a favour?'
 
'What?'
 
'I know it's all of a sudden but I need your help.'
 
'What do you want?'
 
'Meet up with me. I need to talk to you.'
 
'Fine. At that old park?'
 
'Mmm. Sure. See you there. Bye.'
 
'Yeah, yeah, bye.'
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Wufan saw Tao seated in their usual bench. He could see that Tao looked bad. His face had a gaunt expression to it and his bones protruded painfully against his skin. Hurt was still evident is his eyes, though a cold wall can be seen constructed around it, as if afraid to feel that emotion again. Guilt rolled through Wufan, and he slowly approached Tao.
 
'Hi.'
 
'Oh, hi. So why did you wanna meet up?'
 
'Do you want to, I don't know, maybe, erm, get back together?'
 
Tao who was previously twiddling his thumbs, now looked up with surprise clearly written on his face.
 
'So you forgive me? Really?'
 
'Ye- Wait what? Forgive you?'
 
'Weren't you angry with me when I got kidnapped? Isn't that why you left me? 'cause I caused you trouble?'
 
'What? No, I left you 'cause I thought that it was for your own good. That I was bad for you. That you deserved someone better. I was never angry with you Tao. I was angry at myself.'
 
'Really? Oh my god, Wufan. I cried my eyes out each night thinking you would never forgive me and here you are saying its not my fault. This is just great. Just great. So what are you gonna ask me next? To go live with you?'
 
'Well, yes, actually.'
 
'You're unbelievable. Okay, fine, because I love you. Only because of that. Let's go. I'm hungry. And you're owing me a lot of stuff since you left me for a perfectly dumb reason.'
 
Wufan smiled slightly, mumbling a soft,'I love you too,' before looping his hand around Tao's waist as they headed for some cake downtown.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 A/N keke.. here's taoris for you. Enjoy! ㄱㄱㄱ
 And can you guys please comment, I feel like I'm screwing everything up, please tell me if it's fine or how I should improve. 고마워