Seven

Love and War

Kai snatched his keys and jacket from behind his door and hurriedly drove to Kyungsoo's apartment. 

 
He could hear NLT's Let Me Know playing from Kyungsoo's unit from the elevator and he grinned. Arms already moving along to the music as he rang the doorbell. 
 
Kyungsoo opened the door with heavy pants and smiled at Kai before gesturing for him to enter. 
 
He motioned for Kai to get comfortable before continuing the video of the dance that he was trying to learn. 
 
Kai peered from over his shoulder and and realised that he already knew this choreography. He was teaching Kyungsoo the moves for around an hour before they both collapsed on the floor, panting heavily.
 
Kai suddenly said, 'I'm in the mafia.'
 
Kyungsoo stared at him. 'What?'
 
'I'm in the mafia, just thought you ought to know.'
 
'What the? What do you do?'
 
'Kill unworthy bastards.' 
 
'Excuse me? How can you just say that so bluntly?'
 
'I'm being honest in the relationship here. Chanyeol said I should tell you the truth.'
 
'I don't even know anymore. Get out. Get out of my house.'
 
'What? Hyung, you serious?'
 
'Definitely. I don't want to be associated with a murderer.' 
 
Kyungsoo proceeded to push Kai out of his house. He sat cross-legged against the door, millions of thoughts whirling in his mind, as he tried to calm his brain down. 
 
Little did he know that Kai was still outside his door, squatted down doing the same thing.
 
After a few hours, it was almost dinner time. Kyungsoo grabbed his wallet and opened the door as he was wearing his watch. He tripped over the sleeping Kai and Kai jerked awake. He looked confused for a moment before he jumped onto his feet and started apologising to 
Kyungsoo. 
 
Kyungsoo just ignored him and started walking to the Chinese restaurant across the street for some take-out. Kai followed him like a puppy, saying words and trying to explain himself to Kyungsoo. 
 
Even after Kyungsoo got his Chow Mein, Kai was still tagging behind him. Kyungsoo felt guilty and turned around to accept his apology. 
 
But he felt his wallet being snatched from his pocket by a pickpocket and whirled around cursing at him. 
 
Kai was off in a second. He chased the guy until some alley and slammed him into the wall. He took the wallet back and punched the guy a few times for good measure. 
 
Kyungsoo, who had caught up by then, stood beside flabbergasted. 
 
Kai looked from Kyungsoo's shocked face, to his raised fist, to the guy's bloodied face and back at Kyungsoo. 
 
He dropped his hands and began apologising again. Kyungsoo began approaching him and Kai stepped a few steps back, feeling like a monster. 
 
But Kyungsoo surprised him by hugging him. Kai wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo and leaned his head on top of Kyungsoo's. 
 
'I'm sorry.' Kai whispered for the thousandth time.
 
'I'm sorry too. Don't leave me. I feel protected and safe whenever I'm with you. And you give me this sense of belonging. I love you Kai-ah.'
 
'Really? I love you too, my Kyungie.'
 
Kai lifted Kyungsoo's chin and planted a gentle kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. Kyungsoo smiled and hugged Kai harder. 
 
Kai smiled and linked arms with Kyungsoo and they set off  to Kyungsoo's house to share the dinner. 
 
And in between the hugs and kisses they shared that night, Kai somehow managed to convince Kyungsoo to stay with him at his house from then onwards. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
A/N I noticed that my chapters were pretty short so I'm gonna make them longer now! ^^
Enjoy this fail!fluff of Kaisoo while waiting for some angsty Taoris.