Chapter 7

Circle of trust

 

Jaejoong was fiddling with the empty whisky glass while his friend was chugging himself with alcohol. He was looking into space until Yoochun realized it. He nudged Jaejoong pulling him out of his thoughts.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’re spaced out. What’s the matter? Didn’t Jihoon enjoy himself with you?”   Yoochun asked.

 

“He did I guess…his face doesn’t say much. He’s so…off you know for a kid. Its like…he has no emotions! I’m getting frustrated here.”   Jaejoong sighed ruffling his hair.

 

“Hey cheer now. Everything’s gonna be fine.”   Yoochun patted on Jaejoong’s back.

 

“He’s just too hard. I have to take my time with him.”

 

“Well while you do that, I did something on my own.”   Yoochun took out a piece of paper.

 

“What is it?”   Jaejoong asked taking the paper.

 

“This my friend, is information on Jihoon. His daily schedules and some dates like tomorrow is his birthday and he has invited the list here. These are his friends.”

 

“Where did you get this and how did you have the time?”    Jaejoong asked bewildered.

 

“That…is a secret but you have to raise Ji young’s salary for it.”   Yoochun smirked.

Jaejoong laughed out.

 

“You’re something.”   Jaejoong said.

 

“I know.”

 

“Know what?”   another asked behind them. They turned to see the person and Yoochun immediately got off his seat and hugged the man.

 

“Junsu, so sick of seeing you. Don’t ever show me your face again.”   Yoochun pulled from the hug and mocked.

 

“Then chug yourself with toilet water cause you’ll see me everyday now.”   Jusnu mocked back with a smirk.

 

“Everyday? Did you lose your job?”   Jaejoong asked happily.

 

“Nope rather I got a break for catching a criminal.”   Junsu held his collar up in pride.

 

“Really? Should that get you a promotion and keep you busier?”   Yoochun asked pretending to be dumb.

 

“Yeah well you know I was getting annoying to the boss so…yeah.”

 

“Seriously Junsu. Whats the good news?”    Jaejoong asked normally.

 

“Well I didn’t catch anyone big and didn’t get any promotion, thank god but lots of dating confessions and…”

 

“Skip to the non-Junsu part please.”   Yoochun pleaded unable to take any bragging.

 

“I saw a woman.”

Both Jaejoong and Yoochun started at him waiting for the next part.

 

“And?”   Yoochun asked.

 

“You have no idea Yoochun…she resembled her so strikingly.”

 

“Who?”   Yoochun asked again.

 

“His mother…aunt Junhee.”   Jaejoong answered.

 

“So? There are like seven people with similar faces in the world.”   Yoochun pointed out.

 

“But it not everyday we meet them and I saw her twice. Maybe I should talk to her.”   Junsu said

 

“Yeah if you see her again.”   Yoochun blurted.

 

“Yoochun this matter is quite sensitive, even you know that.”   Jaejoong muttered remembering the time when his aunt was alive.

 

“You both should get laid otherwise I’m gonna end up with two gays.”   Yoochun whined.

 

“Whatever, so how did your time with your nephew go?”    Junsu asked.

 

“Jihoon is quite hard to get along with…I’m not sure this is a matter of few days. It might take months for me to get him away from that wench.”    Jaejoong muttered.

 

“Hyung whatever you say that woman raised Jihoon. She should be rewarded in fact I’m relieved that Jihoon has been with a good mother. Maybe we all should just get along.”   Junsu remarked taking a seat beside Yoochun.

 

“You know I cant…not in the position I am in now. I need to get him within the Kims or else the shareholder might never leave me alone and mother will never stop with my matrimonial issues.”   Jaejoong mumbled.

 

“Hyung you are of marriage age you’re like 26.”   Junsu said.

 

“27.”   Yoochun pointed.

 

“Yeah 27 so you see she feels a bit alone since bringing Jihoon back is a bit uncertain so she wants to settle on permanent facts like you getting married and have children.”     Junsu continued.

 

“But you know Jaejoong is an absolute aual and the paparazzi already posted it with heading ‘AUAL TYCOON BACHELOR’ so you see he doesn’t want to ruin his celibacy image.”    Yoochun sipped in his alcohol.

 

“He’s not an aual…he just…doesn’t feel anything yet.”    Junsu defended his older cousin.

 

While the other two bickered Jaejoong’s mind drifted into thoughts. It was true he doesn’t feel anything towards people besides his family. He feels no attraction towards anyone but does feel attachment towards his family and friends. He sees no woman or men with a slight bit of lust or love. He just…doesn’t long for a lifetime partner or any crave for anyone physically. Its quite natural for men to require for physical attachment but he just doesn’t…it was last year when this attitude of him slipped out in the media and many thought he was perhaps…homoual but then ultimately they labeled him as a monk like bachelor. However Jaejoong became sure of it when Yoochun actually sent out a e in his office when it was empty after work hours and she actually stripped in front of him and he had no hormonal reactions from that. Instead he kicked the woman out of his office.

 

He still hadn’t forgiven Yoochun for that.

 

“Oi! Quit bickering like an old couple.”    Jaejoong muttered at them and the other two looked at him shocked.

 

“Ehh!”   both of them showed disgust and moved away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was Sunday and both of their days were off. Norma was making something new for breakfast and something not so sweet. She hated sweet as well as Jihoon. But Norma remembered that Jessica always loved sweets. Maybe he got that from his father’s side.

 

Jihoon was watching cartoons on tv sitting straight. He didn’t bother tell his mother that his uncle bought his toys and he purposely left them in the car. No matter how rude it seemed he just didn’t want those toys. Norma set the food on the table and opened her apron.

 

“Food’s done Jihoon.”    Norma lightly called. Jihoon turned the tv off and went to the table; taking his seat and started eating. Norma ate along with him and recalled that his 7th birthday was coming up soon. Jihoon kept eating until he remembered that his ma needed to meet her mother and today she was free but he knew she would avoid it so he needed to push her.

 

“Ma, I wanna meet granna.”    He said.

 

“Huh…oh ok. We’ll go after finishing this.”   she said oblivious to the real intention. It was quite normal for Jihoon to visit the orphanage because he liked it there specially meeting other children.

----------------------------

Norma parked her car near the orphanage building and stepped out. they entered the house and saw the children already studying.

 

“Norma! Jihoon!”   granny exclaimed

 

“Granny…”   Norma hugged the older woman and granny ruffled Jihoon’s head in between.

 

“Sit, I was just cleaning up. What brings you here?”   granny asked.

 

“Oh well Jihoon here…”    Norma was about to finish but.

 

“Ma said she wanted to meet her mother while I play with them.”   Jihoon ended causing Norma’s mouth to hang open.

 

“When..??”

 

“Oh that’s great idea! In fact don’t waste time. Go now. I’ll take care of Jihoon.”   Granny pushed Norma while Norma shockingly looked at Jihoon. When did he turn this playful? Jihoon winked????

 

‘You’re so gonna get this.’   Norma mouthed at him while being pushed out.

 

She was already pushed out of the house and the door shut. She stood there slightly shaking her head. The student outmatched the teacher.

She proceeded to her car.

-----------------------------------------------

Norma had her mother’s address but she was still thinking of turning her car back to the orphanage and throw the address away. She didn’t want to meet her. Why would Jessica make such request? While thinking she didn’t realize that she parked outside the residential area where her mother lived. She stopped the car and sat thinking for a moment.

Did she want this? to meet the woman who never wanted her?

 

“There must be a reason why she left Jihoon with me. There must be a reason why she wanted me to meet my birth mother.”    She stepped out and walked into the residential area. She walked few steps with the address paper in her hand. She was looking for the house number because all the houses looked similar except this area was much more expensive unlike her area. And then she stopped with the number that matched…

    and she was standing near the house of her birth mother it was a beautiful home with blue roof. The bluish silver curtains could be seen covering the house.

 

She gaped at the house…quite nervous…she didn’t know whether she should knock and introduce herself. Even if she does introduce herself should it be as her daughter or a stranger?

She looked around and noticed a bench opposite of the road. She crossed the road and sat on the bench and looked at the house again. The house wasn’t locked so someone was still inside or the entire family. She must have a new family or her previous one who didn’t even know of her existence. 

 

Then she saw the door unlocked; Norma quickly took out a paper pad pretending to read it so it wouldn’t seem suspicious but peeked out. a woman in her mid 40s…she was wearing pants and shirt with her hair tied up and she looked very beautiful for her age. She was carrying a fashionable bag and still didn’t lock the door.

 

The thing that shocked her was the woman’s face…Norma touched her own face because she got her mother’s face. There weren’t just any similarities but they had the same face as if…clones just the older and younger version.

Norma knew she couldn’t introduce herself as a stranger…the woman will certainly know her. She hid her face. Suddenly heard a man calling a name.

 

“Naomi wait for me…”   a man in his 50s came out with a smile and kissed the woman on her cheek. Norma just gaped at that old couple. Her mother’s name was Naomi…and she had a husband. There was no way Norma should try to fit into the family.

 

“Omma just wait!”   a girl loudly called. Norma looked again to see a girl about 18 came out wearing skinny jeans and white shirt happily.

 

“Nayobi you should put on more makeup. You look too plain for this invitation.”    The man said.

 

“She looks fine. A girl’s beauty shouldnt be judged by makeup.”    Her mother said catching Norma’s attention. So that’s where she got it from. Her mother was the plain type while the father was quite with fashion sense. Norma knew very well that this man wasn’t her father but he seemed like a very good man. He was taking good care of her mother.

 

But she did like to know what caused her mother to abandon her.

Norma stood up and quickly left that place. She ran to her car unable to bear any of the touchy things. She stepped into the car and drove off.

------------------------------------

In the middle of her ride she remembered that she needed to buy decorations for Jihoon’s birthday. She stopped at a mall and stepped out. She entered the building and started looking for the department she needed to go to.

She entered the Archie’s department and started looking around for suitable things.

She then noticed a particular thing-an angry bird cup-the product Jihoon always admired. She was about to pick it up but her hand touched someone else’s. she looked up and saw a young man looking at her confusingly.

 

“Miss Jin?”   he asked.

 

“Inspector Kim…”    she straightened up along with him.

 

“Quite a coincidence…isn’t it?”    Junsu nervously stated.

 

“Hmm. You were about to pick that. Go ahead, I’ll find another one.”    Norma said normally.

 

“Huh? Oh…well its just a guess anyway. I’m not sure what he likes so I suggest you take it.”    Junsu urged.

 

“There is another one; I’ll just call the staff and ask for it.”   she said and called a staff. The staff came to her service.    “Do you have another one of Angry birds mug?”

 

“Sorry maam, but this is the only one left. I’m really sorry for it.”    the staff bowed and left.

 

“You can take this one…”    Junsu said.

 

“No, its fine. I’ll choose another one.”   she said and started looking for another thing she could get for Jhoon. Junsu did take the cup but he followed her.

 

“So, you had your work done at the station?”    Junsu asked slightly smiling.

 

“Yes I did.”    Norma took some wrapping papers.

 

“Who are you taking the gift for if I may ask? I’m taking for my nephew just to say. We just met so that’s why I was unsure what to take ”   

 

“I’m taking it for my son.”    That caught Junsu’s attention. She had a son? She was like…not more than 25 or less. Norma took blue ribbons and beans for decoration.

 

“You have a son? How old is he?”    he lightly asked.

 

“He’ll be 7.”    That meant she was about 18 when she gave birth to the boy…she couldn’t be married…she was just a single mother who had an illegitimate child. Not that it was bad…not that bad but it still somehow…Junsu didn’t know what he felt. Norma took a pencil box, a school bag and sneakers.

 

“So…are you throwing a surprise party for your son?”   

 

“Yes actually. What about your nephew?”    Norma asked just out of politeness. A straight answer seemed very rude.

 

“Well, my Hyung bought too much for him so theres nothing for me to buy as an exception so this angry bird came into my mind. I’m not sure he’ll like it or not.”     Junsu nervously stated.

 

“Who doesn’t like angry birds?”   Norma mumbled as she took balloons…plenty of them.

 

“Exactly but if my Hyung doesn’t like it then I’m gonna say ‘well you bought everything’.”     Junsu stated normally.

 

“Hmm…how old is your nephew?”    she asked actually being curious now looking at him.

 

“He’ll be 7 too…I guess. Don’t know much about him. We just found out.”

Norma really wasn’t interested about the life story of this man and his nephew. Junsu noticed that she was done so it must be time for her to leave.      “You’ll be going now, wouldn’t you?”    he asked.

 

“Yes in fact. But it was pleasure talking to you.”   A smile escaped from Norma’s lips unintentionally. Junsu stood the dumbstruck just to have seen that…

Norma took her things to the counter and paid for them while Junsu stood and watched her. After packing she turned to Junsu and bowed to him and Junsu returned it.

 

She stepped outside the mall and put her things into the car and stepped inside; driving off to the orphanage. Then she realized…

 

‘Why did I smile that time? I meet anyone like that.’ for a moment she totally forgot about her mother.

_____________________________________

 

“How was she like Norma? How was your mother like?”    granny asked her anxiously.

 

“She was…same as me…I have her face…which I don’t know is good or not cause…I cant even go infront of her.”    Norma mumbled dizzily.

 

“Wait till the children hear of this.”    granny was excited and Norma remembered that she didn’t tell her yet of the Kim finding Jihoon. Jihoon was also quiet of this matter. It was quite obvious that he didn’t want anyone involved in this, however if Ga-in knew of this she would definitely jump on the tycoon bachelor. After all, she was a tycoon herself.

Jihoon was already sleeping when Norma came back. Somehow whenever she came here with Jiihoon, he would always end up taking a nap with the other children.

 

“So how are the children doing granny? How are their studies?”   Norma asked genuinely.

 

“Oh you know, they are all brilliant, ambitious and quite determined; specially Mimi.”    Granny looked at the sleeping dumb girl. She was only 4 and she couldn’t speak or hear anything. She has to communicate through sign language and fortunately all the children here along with granny were learning sign language so they could communicate. Jihoon was already quite good at talking to Mimi. Norma on the other hand could only understand but couldn’t talk herself as in use the sign perfectly but she took lessons. She liked Mimi a lot and she got along with Jihoon the most.

 

“Sometimes I think Jihoon only comes here to meet Mimi.”   Granny mumbled smilingly. Mimi was like that. She was brought here by her mother who didn’t have many days to live…just like Jihoon and he could relate to her. Narsha considered adopting her many times but the new qualifications requires her to be married. Unlike Norma who had guardianship because of Jessica’s agreement to transfer but no one can transfer for Mimi…Narsha needed to be married for at least 3 years to adopt her.

 

“I feel bad for Narsha…she wanted a child…she wanted her to be her child…but she has to do something she’s not ready for. I’m very lucky arent I?”   Norma stated it out of the blue.

Granny looked at her and smiled.

 

“Nobody can have the chance as you did. People has to have some flaws in life otherwise they wont appreciate it.” 

She thought of staying here until Jihoon woke up. She smiled looking at the children altogether.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu presented his gift to Jaejoong who was flipping through his office files. Even though he was worried about Jihoon he still had office work.

 

“Hyung I got this for Jihoon.”

 

“What is it?”   Jaejoong now brought his attention to Junsu’s gift. He opened the box to see the angry bird cup.    “Angry bird? Seriously?”    he raised his eyebrow.

 

“Well you got everything so this was the only thing that seemed exceptional.”   Junsu shrugged. Jaejoong smiled seeing his cousin. Ever since his brother died Jaejoong had been paying attention to Junsu because he was his only sibling left even though just cousin.

 

A maid entered disrupting their moment causing Jaejoong annoyance.

 

“What is it?”   he muttered at the maid.

 

“Sir your friend has arrived. Park Yoochun.”      Jaejoong suddenly smiled as if waiting for him. he shooed the maid to let him enter. Yoochun stood near the door leaning on it with an usual smirk.

 

“So Hyung, how’s thing?”    Yoochun asked.

 

“Come in, then I’ll tell you.”    Jaejoong answered; standing up from his chair.

 

“You’re saying it as if you’re planning to kill me.”   Yoochun said while walking in.  “Hey there duckbutt…”    he greeted Junsu.

 

“Shut it wipe.”   Junsu muttered.

 

“Ooh…someone’s pissed. What’s the matter?”   Yoochun asked looking at Jaejoong who merely shrugged.

 

“Nothing. Just found out that the woman is already married with a son.”   Junsu mumbled.

 

“Wow…you’re hitting on a married woman? Hot!”   Yoochun clicked his tongue.

 

“Quiet…its not funny…”    Junsu shut Yoochun with a tone similar to Jaejoong’s.

 

“Listen its not bad loving a married woman…actually it is. But you can start an extra marital affair. Its quite natural these days.”    Yoochun pointed out.

 

“Are you listening to yourself? You’re telling me to be a home wrecker…you know what? I don’t want any advice from you because your head is filled with nothing but .”    Junsu muttered letting Yoochun know.

 

“Then get out of here. I have serious issues with Jaejoong. And we need no baby here.”    Yoochun stated with a serious tone. Junsu was quite stunned but knew anyways that it didnt concern him. He mere bid bye and went out off his office room. Jaejoong looked at Yoochun shockingly not expecting any of it.

 

“Yoochun…did something at your work today?”   Jaejoong carefully asked.

Yoochun looked at him piercing Jaejoong. He gulped looking at this side of Yoochun. This was just plain weird.

 

“I was offered for a new commercial for adoption by this agency that is sponsored by some company.”   Yoochun muttered.

 

“Uh..so?”   Jaejoong asked not being able to address what the problem was.

 

“So, you know I don’t do this lovey dovey family stuff. I don’t do these commercials relating to children, women and voting. They ruin my magnificent reputation.”

 

“Well what happened? You rejected it as usual right?”    Jaejoong asked.

 

“….no…I couldn’t.”    he stated.

 

“What?...ok…so what?”    Jaejoong still couldn’t address the issue.

 

“I couldn’t refuse because the main sponsor however I didn’t like the script. I wanted more scenes but she didn’t let me. You know what she said?”   Yoochun looked at Jaejoong waiting for him to guess.

 

“What did she say?”

 

“She said I should grow up and get over myself. Also she said she gave this part to me because of her Mother’s infatuation. Can you believe it?! how dare she? Just because she’s some heir of a big sponsoring company.”     Yoochun barked.

 

“Well who is it?”    Jaejoong asked.

 

“Son Ga-in…”

 

“The Son? They are quite big…in fact they are the one of the companies whom we never have dealt with.”    Jaejoong stated.

 

“That brat! Just because she’s young and successful…how dare she kick me out of the commercial?!”

 

“She kicked you out?”    Jaejoong asked bewildered. He only could think that she was one hell of a woman not falling for Yoochun’s charms and kick him out. Yoochun wasn’t going to take it lightly.

 

“I’m gonna make sure she regrets it…”    Yoochun breathed in deep and changed his mood. He looked at Jaejoong smirking.    “So how are things?”

 

“Well I’m thinking of visiting Jihoon’s birthday and present his with big surprise even bigger than that woman in front of his friends so he’ll understand. Thanks for the idea by the way.”    Jaejoong smiled

 

“Pleasure. But you figured that out on your own; good isn’t it? Now if she messes up somehow come to me. I’ll give you more advises.”    Yoochun said.

 

“Junsu was right…your head is filled with that works on people. You should start the Yoochun show rather than a celebrity life.”   Jaejoong suggested.

 

“And you my dear should get laid.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________

-_________________________