chapter 21

Circle of trust

 

Junsu parked his jeep and rushed out of it; running to the building. He was about to ask some of the people what her room number was when he saw her coming out.

 

“Norma!”    He called out taking her attention. She turned around and saw him coming her way. She was surprised that he was here now.

 

“Junsu…I told you not to contact me anymore.”    She stated lowly.

 

“Well not gonna follow your orders this time madam. You have an appointment with my brother.”    He stated; quite annoyed himself.

 

“I told you to cancel it. I’m not staying here anymore.”    She muttered out.

 

“I don’t care what you say now and what happened yesterday?”    He decided to ignore the ‘leaving’ subject.

She was silent…giving Junsu the hint that it went bad.    “She didn’t accept you…did she?”    He asked silently getting a nod from her. He gulped; he thought probably she should know why her mother refused.

 

“She didn’t call me for work. She called me there to confront me that she knew about me and that…I knew about her.”    Norma stated.

 

“Norma there is something you should know about her…it might be the reason for her refusal.”    Thinking clearly Junsu stated.

 

“I don’t want to know anything Junsu. I want to leave.”    She mumbled again.

 

“At least hear me out.”   Taking out the file and held it to her.    “I did some digging on your mother and I’m sorry for that…your mother…”     he looked around to see whether there was anyone around and fortunately it was empty.       “She was in her twenties by a known .”

 

“You knew about this?”   She asked instead of giving the what? expression.

 

“So she told you…I’m sorry Norma I should have told you beforehand.”

She was unhappy about it but she decided to let it go because it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. She took the file from him but did not open it.

 

“It’s fine Junsu…and thank you for trying but I have to leave because the man didn’t even spare my mother in badmouthing me that’s how she knew who I was…I’m afraid he would do something to you as well. Too many people had been affected by him.”

Junsu knew and understood her fear and insecurities but she should try one last time.

 

“This man isn’t the only powerful man. My brother might be more powerful than him. Please just one last time and where were you going now?”

 

“I was about buy two bus tickets for another province.”

 

“Well none of you are leaving until you try for this appointment and seeing how you are so afraid of this man I will take you personally to the hotel to meet my brother so the bastard would know how important you are to us and he won’t dare touch you again.”

 

“I can’t Junsu. I can’t leave Jihoon alone every time I go somewhere and…I can’t leave him at his friend’s house too because if he knows about them, they’ll surely ruined.”

 

“Then bring the little brat along!”    he loudly spoke to get it into her mind however Norma gaped at him for a certain reason.

 

“I’m going to tell Jihoon that you called him a brat…”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I can’t believe you did that! How could you Naomi?! And to your own daughter!”    Brooke her husband or life partner as he liked it exasperatedly paced around the room and was bursting out on her that night when e had come home to hear it from Nayobi. Nayobi was still sitting quietly…she met her sister and she never knew not even when they had the same face.

 

Naomi was quiet because she cannot give her justification to him because he wouldn’t accept it.

 

“Don’t be quiet Naomi answer me…after all this time she came looking for you only to be a part of the family and you just…”    he clenched his fists

She still didn’t believe that she looked for her to be a part of the family…she wanted to ruin her. Seeing her silence he gave up.    “I will never forgive you for this Naomi…you shouldn’t have punished someone else for one’s mistake…”

He left the living room and climbed up to his bedroom.

Nayobi soon stood up and left to her room leaving one last statement.

 

“I actually thought for once that she might be your long lost daughter…get rest mama.”

Soon lights were off and both of them went to sleep. Naomi sat there alone thinking deeply…no matter how she looked at it and no  matter how her face resembled hers she still reminded her of that man.

 

Why can’t he just get out of my mind? I still feel every touch like snake slithering onto me…

 

She hid her face on her hands unable to breathe…and like before she started having another episode of flashback.

 

It wasn’t my fault that I had to bring medicine for my sick mother…it wasn’t my fault that he was lurking around then; it wasn’t my fault that he saw me all of a sudden; it wasn’t my fault…

 

She remembered the knife on the throat…the face…the menacing eyes…she could still fee the soreness of when she screamed despite the knife. She wanted to die…she wanted the man to kill her. It was better to die then live with unchastely.

 

Then every bit of disturbing moment returned…the touch, the pain on her body, the struggles and the marks. Her vision blurred as she could see the man again trying to pin her down.

 

“No, no, no NO! STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY! HELP!”

Her sight quickly returned when she felt two people hugging her.

 

“Shh…its fine; we’re here. No one will hurt you Naomi…calm down.”    He softly said.

 

“What’s wrong dad? Why is she acting like this?”    she asked as her mother was shaking in her father’s arms.

 

“It’s one of those flashbacks…most victims suffer this.”   He noticed that she had immediately lost consciousness.

 

“But I have never seen her acting like this. When was the last time she had her episode?”

Her father look worried…

 

“Before she got pregnant with you…”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“He called you a brat.”    Norma said to Jihoon who was in the back seat of the willy jeep.

 

“Did he now?”   Jihoon weighed on the seat next to drivers where Norma was sitting.   “Like the stingy man he is.”

Norma chuckled hearing that.    “Why am I coming along?”    he asked.

 

“So your mama could serve you for their dish. Delish…”    Junsu muttered to actually sting the boy.

 

“I never actually thought your friend would be this stupid.”    Jihoon leaned back on his seat.

Norma kept shut knowing she never taught him that.

 

“Don’t bring her to back you up, you mama’s boy.”

Norma knew for sure the jeep would crash killing them all because they would soon start ripping each other’s hair out.

 

Their jeep soon stopped near a huge mansion.

 

“Uh…weren’t we supposed to arrive at some sort of hotel? Why are at someone’s place?”     she asked looking at Junsu.

 

“To provide this brat with something so he won’t bother you.”    Junsu smirked at Jihoon.

 

“This brat needs no something to occupy with.”    Jihoon remarked.

 

“No seriously. Why are we here?”

 

“Hyung asked himself. He said he wanted to personally help you since you’re my friend. That’s why he called us here and believe it or not, he is quite a cook himself. So he will judge your cooking.”

 

“Did you tell him about this?”   she stated while getting of the jeep. Jihoon jumped himself off the jeep and stood behind his mother. Junsu cleared his throat which caused Norma to give him a look.    “You didn’t tell him…you’re gonna embarrass me you know that?”

 

“Quit worrying…you’ll get wrinkles.”    He proceeded to the building and pressed the button and an old man appeared on the little screen.

 

“Master Junsu; please you need not park your jeep outside; if you want I’ll be coming out to park it for you.”

 

“Thanks but its fine, as long as these guards…”    motioning to the standing guards.    “Keep an eye on it, there will be no need to take it inside. I brought few friends along with a brat.”

Jihoon glared at Junsu and Junsu stuck his tongue out.

The old man on the screen laughed and the gate opened. They all entered alongside.

 

“See what I told you. I have connections too…”   Junsu mumbled and Norma knew he meant to refer to Jihoon who clicked his tongue unimpressed.   “You brat, you’ll be amazed what you see inside.”

 

“Seen all; been there.”    He had seen Gain’s house before and it was similar.

Norma sensed Jihoon’s voice…somehow he wasn’t annoyed only pretending while Junsu had a sense of humour in his tone. They were not trying to degrade each other except tease each other.

 

The butler soon opened the door and let them enter. Norma was not amazed expecting the luxury however in the midst of the spherical drawing room, she saw no pictures or photos. Few maids soon came in bowing to Junsu…Norma did wonder why he would join the police despite having everything right here.

 

“Master Junsu.”

 

“Where’s hyung?”

 

“He has not returned yet.”

Rubbing his neck he realized. It was just midday, he wouldn’t be at home.

 

“Is aunt home?”

 

“Yes, I have already informed of your visit.”

Turning to the two he smiled.

 

“You’ll love my aunt; she’s one of the best.”

 

“Junsu?”

 

“Aunt! Long time no see.”    He went and hugged her. Pulling away he motioned to the other two.    “She’s a friend of mine and this is her son; Jihoon.”

Both bowed while she smiled.

 

“My…he even has his name…”

 

“I know; I was quite surprised but remember I have a colleague with the same name and another colleague with my name.”

 

“Well your brother’s not here yet. Why don’t you call him? And you two can take your seat…well Jihoon you may be bored; want to take a tour with me?”    His aunt genuinely asked looking at the kid. Jihoon looked at Norma who nodded in permission. Jihoon walked to the older one and she took his hand leading him inside the house. Junsu soon dialed his number and babbled on few minutes quite far away.

 

“You’re gonna bring that brat here! No he doesn’t need to see this! Alright fine but tell him to keep his mouth shut…no, it’s nothing like that! Bye!”    he looked at Norma flabbergasted with his last conversation.    “He’ll be here and…there will be another person…don’t faint. He’s quite known.”

She nodded having experienced with popular people before.

 

“You don’t seem amazed by all these…which could probably mean you have connections like these too.”

Norma nodded lightly but she never took advantage of them.    “Judging by your look, you don’t like to be in someone’s debt and you’re here because I practically dragged you here.”

He knew everything.

 

“How about I take you to the garden. Touring houses isn’t fun except if there’s a library…but my hyung doesn’t like it when someone enters his library; even though he would never say no to me. I just wanna take a walk outside.”

 

“Alright.”

 

They both exited the house and started randomly walking seeing flowers. The fragrances of the flower were strong enough to fill her nostrils. Roses, magnolia, night-angles etc…

 

“Wow…”

 

“My aunt’s hobbies; she loves maintaining these…and she pets rabbits, hamsters, pigeons you name it.”

 

“These are something…”   she was actually in awe…    “I would like to do these once I’m old.”

Junsu chuckled causing Norma to look at him questioningly.

 

“I didn’t mean to offend you; it’s just no one cares about the environment anymore or people. That’s why I joined the police despite having these.”

 

“Looking at you, I actually thought you must belong to some tycoon family.”

 

“Well we quit all that leaving everything to my aunt and cousin and trust he’s very good at it.”

Norma responded with nothing…she was still quite upset what her mother said last day…her mood didn’t get any better.

 

“You’re still thinking about your mother.”     He stated looking at her.

 

“How do you know?”

 

“We’re friends…friends should know all.”

 

“Then tell me…what’s the actual reason you’re helping me?”

Junsu’s face became red…he didn’t know whether it’ll be a compliment or offending because she reminded him of his mother…

 

“Remember with your uterine sister when you said that there are seven people with similar face?”   she nodded.    “Well you see I was…”

 

“Master Junsu sorry to interrupt; young master has returned.”       The maid hastily interrupted them. Junsu took Norma’s hand quickly and rushed to the house.

 

“Well he’s here; I am sure he’ll help you out. No, he will definitely help you out; he has a kind heart.”

They both went inside and Junsu hasn’t let go of her hand; not that Norma noticed particularly. Hand contact was normal with him now.

 

Entering the drawing room all of their eyes fell on each other in order to greet…all at once. Yoochun and Jaejoong looking at Norma raising their heads and both stood stunned while Norma just froze there. Junsu smiled at Norma understating that she just saw Park Yoochun the celebrity and his cousin who was beautiful as a woman.

 

“Hyung, this is my friend…Norma Jin and Norma…you know who these are.”

 

“He’s your cousin?”    Norma looked at Junsu; he nodded. She gulped in.

 

“I see now…”    Jaejoong spoke.   “Not once he mentioned my name while telling you about me.”     He smirked as if it was expected.

 

“Sorry about that Hyung. Well let’s get started.”

Norma backed a little fearing the worst. Junsu noticed and looked at her in worry.      “What’s the matter Norma?”    he saw the fear in her eyes.

Yoochun chuckled seeing her reaction; it always amused him.

 

“What Yoochun? Why are you laughing? Norma what’s wrong?”

 

“Where is he?”     she whispered to Junsu.

 

“Um…in the back garden. Why?”    Norma dashed inside the house.    “NORMA!”    he chased after her. Jaejoong’ eyes widened; Jihoon was here. He rushed after them with Yoochun following him.

Norma entered the back garden and saw Jihoon and his grandmother playing with some rabbits. She rushed to them and caught Jihoon’s attention. Jihoon merely looked at her while his grandmother asked what the matter was.

 

“Your uncle Jihoon…it’s…”      she whispered.

Jihoon’s eyes widened as he quickly took her hand letting his grandmother go. She bowed to his grandmother and was about to leave when all three men stood in front of her however with different expressions.

 

“Mother; what did I promise you? I will bring your grandson home…here he is now by the caretaker herself.”    Jaejoong stated shocking Junsu and his aunt.

 

“He’s our nephew?!”   He turned to Jaejoong…looking back at Jihoon.    “You’re our Jihoon?”

 

Things got messed up…

Jaejoong’s mother’s eyes filled up with tears hearing that. She slowly fell on her knees touching Jihoon on his shoulders.

 

“You are my grandson? My Hyunjoong’s blood? My god! My Jihoon!”    she hugged him tight causing his hand to let go of Norma’s. She could only look at the three men…Junsu was more confused than ever.

She had been hiding from them…they caused her to quit jobs…which meant.

 

“You’ve been…hunting her down hyung? Causing her to lose jobs…even getting to her mother?”   he mumbled causing Jaejoong’s eyes to widen. She had told him about his hyung did…he didn’t want Junsu to see this side of him.

Jihoon was released from his granny’s embrace hearing that; she stood up standing beside Junsu.

 

“What do you mean Junsu? Causing her to lose jobs? Why?”    she asked.

Junsu realizing what was going on gritted his teeth and glared at Jaejoong.

 

“You didn’t tell her…”

 

Norma knew this wasn’t the right time to stay…she looked at Jihoon who nodded guessing what she wanted. However she didn’t have the courage of the possible results. Jihoon took her hand and stared walking pulling her.

 

“Where are you going? Jihoon!”     Mrs. Kim rushed behind them when Junsu stopped her.   “Junsu…don’t let them go…my grandson...”    she started sobbing.

 

“We don’t deserve to stop them…not after what he did.”

 

“Jaejoong! What did you do?!”    she desperately looked at him for answers. Jaejoong quickly stepped in front of Norma.

 

“You can’t leave until we settle this.”   He muttered. Norma refused to make an eye contact because she was scared.

 

“I am taking her Mr. Kim.”    Jihoon spoke shocking Jaejoong.   “There is no settlement without my consent.”

 

“Jihoon…”

 

“Please step aside…uncle.”    His tone had desperation present…which broke Jaejoong’s heart. He stepped aside unable to look at him anymore.

Jihoon and Norma soon left the building.

 

Junsu…stood there feeling a sudden rush in his heart…he was taking heavy breathes…even though he stopped his aunt who was now crying while Yoochun was trying to calm her down along with few maids. He quickly chased the two…Jaejoong saw him running out but didn’t follow him…Yoochun was about to chase him but Jaejoong raised a hand gesturing not to do so.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Norma! Norma!”    he was able to stand in front of her stopping both. Jihoon knew it was not his place to say anything to him because it was his mother who was hurt. She had the right to say all.     “Norma I’m sorry…”    his eyes was tearing up.     “I didn’t know any of it…I swear…”

 

She knew he was telling the truth but…she didn’t want to see his face because of her luck…she had to fall alongside this man…who was the cousin of Kim Jaejoong. Her face only showed remorse.

 

“Norma…”

 

“Please leave us alone…”    she mumbled surprising both Junsu and Jihoon.

 

“Ma..?”    Jihoon wasn’t hoping that from her. They were friends…

 

“Norma…punish me but please don’t push me away…”    his voice started cracking.    “Pp…please…you…I…”

 

“We are no longer friends…”   she dizzily mumbled.

Jihoon squeezed Norma’s hand hard not wanting this…he looked at Junsu who was on the verge of crying himself. Suddenly Jihoon was feeling the same pain all over again when they agreed not to contact the orphanage again. He wasn’t ready to go through this again.

 

“I won’t…let you go like this.”    Junsu gulped trying to tolerate his throat ache.

 

“You have no idea Junsu what they did to me…you have no right to stop me…get out of my way.”

Jihoon knew Junsu was not going to move; at this rate this conversation will end up nowhere. They needed to talk somewhere no one could interfere…to clear all. Jihoon grabbed Junsu’s hand squeezing it…Junsu looked at Jihoon who blinked sending an invisible message to let them go now.

 

Lowering his gaze; Junsu moved out of their way.

 

Both of them walked away leaving that place.

 

“We are leaving tomorrow Jihoon…”    Norma mumbled.

 

“I know…”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Junsu stood there…trying to control his tears. It wasn’t falling yet and he didn’t intend to let it fall.

He mustered up and went inside to see that his aunt was still crying.

 

“Junsu…”    Jaejoong acknowledged his presence. However instead of being silent; he marched up to him and grabbed his collar and in response Yoochun tried pulling Junsu whose strength was nothing compared to the police man.

 

“Why? Why did you do all those things?”   he growled.   “Why didnt you just ask her normally? Why didn’t you negotiate like you always do? What caused you to hunt her down like some prey?!”

 

“I did! But she refused! She merely gave me an option to visit him when I required his legal custody permanently! She left me with no choice!”     Jaejoong tried to justify his actions.

 

“Left you with no choice! Why would you require his full guardianship when Jihoon didn’t himself want to be with you?! That option was enough considering Jihoon’s wish!”

 

“Because I wanted it! I promised mother!”

 

 

“I never said such thing!”   Mrs. Kim shouted.    “I didn’t need you to bring him back like this…I just wanted to be in good terms with my grandson…but now. He’ll hate us forever.”    She sobbed again.

 

“You wanted him for you own benefit as usual! You want him to replace you for this company because you were miserable yourself!”    Junsu finally said something he didn’t intend to say. Jaejoong’s eyes narrowed.

 

“If you knew…why didn’t you help me? Why didn’t your father help me? Why did he leave? Why didn’t he return after my father died?!”    Jaejoong shouted out.

Junsu was silenced. He never knew this was about his father.

 

“What are you talking about?”    Junsu muttered not letting go of his collar.

 

“Oh don’t pretend Junsu…do you know why I was more than happy to bring that woman on the streets? It’s because she resembled the only woman I hated. Your mother.”

 

“Jaejoong!”    Mrs. Kim shouted.

 

“Don’t try to silence me! Even since that woman entered uncle Jaesin’s life, my father was left of with the pressures that continued even after my birth! I saw him…younger brother managing the pressures when the older one should have! My mother in this process was left alone! And your parents were happy with their little miserable life! My father died due to that pressure and it was all because of your mother Jinhee!”

 

“Stop it Jaejoong!”    his mother shouted pleadingly.

 

“When that woman died I was happier than anyone! Thinking uncle might finally return…but that coward didn’t! he made some ridiculous promise not to return to manage the wretched company! My mother was left all alone after father died; when he didn’t return…which still makes me hate her even today! And that Norma of yours is similar to the woman I hate! And I intend to make her suffer…”    he lastly muttered.

 

Junsu was shocked…hearing his hate for his mother like that…wasn’t hoped for. Junsu loved his mother…more than anything…

He freed his collar roughly…

 

“If you weren’t my older brother…if you weren’t my brother at all…I would have beaten you up bloody…”   Junsu muttered.

 

“Do that! That’s what your mother did! That’s what that Norma is doing now! Separating brothers…”

 

“My mother wasn’t a gold digger! So isn’t Norma!”     Junsu yelled out.

 

“I wish they were…”

 

“You’re despicable…”     Junsu gritted his teeth.

 

“Something not unusual…”

 

Unable to argue with him; Junsu rushed out of the house.