chapter 16

Circle of trust

 

Norma had no idea how she got out of there but she was running all the way; her breaths coming off heavily. She was desperate to see her son and hold him again. Upon reaching the place; pressing the bell she fell down unable to stand anymore with absolute no energy. Mrs. Lee opened the door to see Norma on the mat trying to breathe but couldn’t do so.

 

“Norma what happened to you?!”     Mrs. Lee panicked as she quickly pulled Norma in her house in the middle of the night.  She put Norma on the sofa and quickly ordered the maid to fetch a glass of water. Norma clutched her chest in pain and breathed in aggressively.

 

“Are you okay? What happened?”    Mrs. Lee handed Norma the glass of water; she snatched it in a way and finished the entire glass in short gulps and huffed out trying to inhale.

 

“Whe…where is..Jihoon?”     her voice was low but croaky and her eyes seemed bloodshot.

 

“He’s sleeping.”    She answered.    “Norma, what took you so long? It’s 3 in the morning. Where were you and…what happened to you?”    Mrs. Lee asked while rubbing Norma’s back to make her more comfortable.

 

“You…you won’t believe it…”    she heaved in wondering she was never this short on breaths.

 

“Norma, after everything, I think I can believe what you tell me now.”

Norma her lips recalling the horrifying incident. She thought she would die but she was thanking god so many times in her mind that she could just cry now.

 

“I…I was assaulted by…by Kim Jaejoong’s friend and his bodyguard.”

Her face was again filled with fear.

 

“What?”    Mrs. Lee held Norma realizing her being afraid.     “Norma you have to tell the police on what he’s been doing so far.”

 

“No one will believe me.”      Her breathing slowed to normal.     “No one will witness for me.”

 

“At least try. I can witness for you.”

 

“You may be able to but…not everyone can. Most of the people around me are middle classed and they don’t want to tackle with Kim. And anyway, who would believe that Park Yoochun assaulted me with his bodyguard.”

Mrs. Lee’s eyes widened hearing it.

 

“W...Wait, Park Yoochun? The Park Yoochun? The man on the bill board and dramas and magazines?”

 

“Yes apparently…”

 

“But why would he do that to you? What’s he got to do with any of this?”

 

“He and Kim are best buds.”

Mrs. Lee sighed, exasperated.

 

“Oh Norma, what have you gotten yourself into? Now even I hate him and Park Yoochun.”

 

“Yeah…”     she exhaled out a laugh.       “Just don’t tell Jihoon yet…”

Lee shook her head guessing it obviously.

 

“I wont ask you why but I will tell you this”    Lee looked at her being serious.     “You look blue and you seriously need to see a doctor for that. Now go and rest; He’s in the guest room sleeping.”

 

“Thank you Mrs. Lee…for everything.”    Norma smiled; standing up and heading to the room where Jihoon had stayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning Norma and Jihoon had left thanking Mrs. Lee once again; but Jihoon didn’t ask once what had happened to her because she was a mess even in the morning.

Dropping Jihoon at school; while heading back to work she was thinking of filing it however…who would believe that the Park Yoochun assaulted and kidnapped a woman in the middle of the night?

 

The law revolved around these people and there was no way out of it.

 

Arriving at work she made it seem that everything was normal however she wasn’t fine at all because she had less than considerable amount of sleep last night. Fortunately no one asked her what was wrong with her because she was behaving energetic and excited. Boss wasn’t around today which was normal; boss wouldn’t be around from now on and that he might hire a manager later for this place as he was having enough profit to get one.

 

Also Jihoon’s expenses would increase as he would step into grade three so she would have to get another job to cover up the entire household expenses; she only hoped she could manage it.

 

Junsu didn’t come by today as she noticed; she was actually expecting him to visit her or at least come for lunch but none…he didn’t come by at all.

 

“What’s the matter? You seem out of earth?”

 

“Hmm?”    she looked at her fellow cook.     “Nothing, just thinking about a friend who may not have lunch yet.”

 

“Do you want to call your friend for lunch here?”

 

“He might be busy at the station…”    Norma stated realizing that the woman was looking at her.     “What?”

 

“It’s a guy…and a police…”     a sudden smirk appeared on her face.     “Nice catch…”

 

“Oh No!”    Norma realized what she was thinking; snapping out.     “He’s just a friend…and we haven’t even known each other for long.”    She nervously laughed out.

 

“Oh sure…”   sarcasm was heard in her voice.    “You haven’t known each other for long yet you worry about him.”

 

“Well…”   she exhaled this time.    “He did save me and…he seems to be the only guy friend I have outside my circle…”    the ‘circle’ reminded her of the orphan mates…she was missing them terribly; her face showed it clearly.

 

“Maybe you could take out lunch for him.”    Her colleague suggested softly.    “During the break of course…”

Norma didn’t respond. Her mind drifted off somewhere else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaejoong had no idea why Yoochun was so happy on the phone. He was only talking about his days at work and swooning girls over him and blah blah but not once they spoke of Norma Jin. Jaejoong was at least hoping he would suggest some more ideas. 

 

“Micky…whats wrong with you today?”

 

“Me?”    sounding unaware…     “Nothing.”

 

“There is no nothing. Something happened and you’re not telling me.”

 

“How would you know?”

 

“You’re my friend…why wouldn’t I know?”     this time Jaejoong sounded soft and caring; something no one would ever guess.

 

“I don’t know.”    Micky chuckled on the other line.     “Maybe because you haven’t gone through it yet.”

 

“What are you babbling about?”

 

“Have you ever been hit by a woman; besides your mother?”   

Jaejoong was quite dumbfounded. This wasn’t supposed to be in their conversation.

 

“Even my mother never dared raising her hands on me; still why ask?”

 

“Cause now I know…how humiliating can it be.”     Yoochun sneered off like a kid; wincing Jaejoong in the process.

 

“Did Ga-in hit you?”    Jaejoong guessed first; expecting it from a woman like her.

 

“No…no.”    he traced off.     “She’s far too professional for that…it’s Jin.”

 

“What?! How dare she?!”

 

“Calm down sweetheart…I kidnapped her first.”    Yoochun lazily explained like a drunk.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?!”

 

“Because of this uproar…sit down and I’ll tell you everything…”

Jaejoong noticed that he was in fact standing. Taking his seat; Yoochun began his story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu had only about half an hour brake and even that’s uncertain due to unexpected cases or files coming in. people were becoming so lazy about FIR; no one bothered for some reason. Of course they didn’t want to be an in a mess where they aren’t a victim of anyway.

 

He was just a mere officer; what could he do anyway? Someday, he hoped when he would become the chief, he would encourage people more to complain the wrong.

 

“Xiah, going out for lunch. Wanna come?”     Junsu asked getting up from his seat.

 

“Nope; just fine here. Bring some back for me if there’s any.”    Xiah instead stated.

 

“Brother Xiah, what should I bring you?”    Ae asked as usual caring for the older one.

 

“Whatever you can.”

 

“You make it sound so gay Ae…”    Rain/Jihoon sneered at the youngest one. Ae merely rolled his eyes ignoring the oldest one.

They left one by one leaving Xiah by himself with few others; he was reading through some recent FIRs; mostly about burglaries and ABH. Their department could deal with these ones; having an FIR on homicide or ual offences would have to be sent to the magistrate court first.

 

This was plainly boring…reading the similar sort of cases and complains also they were plain frustrating because they haven’t been able to identify the criminals yet. Police work was very…tough; but something that he liked.

 

“Mr. Kim?”     a constable called taking his attention.

 

“Yes?”

 

“There is a woman here says she knows you. Jin Norma…”

 

“Norma?”    he asked; confused with her sudden presence.     “Get her in…”

The constable left and few seconds later the lady came in with…a Tiffin carrier.

 

“Hello…sorry to bother you but I thought…to bring you lunch. I mean not me…but a colleague of mine suggested that…I bring lunch for you.”    She was nervous herself making Junsu smile warmly.

 

“Sit…”   he motioned her to the chair.    “Thank you…”

 

“I’m not here for very long so you can work.”    She stated nervously taking her seat.    “Hope you…don’t mind.”

 

“I wont…in fact I was hungry.”    He exhaled out a laugh.     “Thanks again.”

Norma tried to avoid his eyes; she was feeing extremely embarrassed about this. However Junsu noticed that she didn’t seem very well. Her face was blue and she seemed to have problems breathing but he didn’t ask her of it. She may not like it.

 

“I should…probably go now. My break will be over soon.”   She stood up and bowed lightly.

 

“Oh…well…”    he stood up hastily.    “How much…was it?”    he asked trying to offend her.

 

“Oh. It’s lunch of the staff…leftovers, so no charge.”   She lied; and he couldn’t see it.

 

“You…”    she brought him leftovers and was openly stating it?     “Did you eat?”

She nodded lightly.

 

“I will take my leave then…”

She rushed out immediately not looking back once without giving Junsu the chance to say goodbye for last time. Junsu opened the carrier to see…Roti Canai.

 

Was it her then?

 

He looked down on the food…they have not known each other very long yet he felt concern towards her.

 

Is it just because she looks like her?

 

He opened his drawer; taking out a picture of a woman with a child. That child was him and the woman was his mother.

 

Maybe…it isn’t love…

 

He was merely seeing his mother in her. And if he gets a chance to see his mother through another woman; that’s enough for him. He felt she should be doing something for her…he called a peon and asked for some documents on a citizen living in the area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

  Lee Changsu was having his time at a café with a woman sitting in front of him. She was smiling and sipping into her drink. When time came the lady excused herself for restroom and left for it. he was sitting thinking that he had finally gotten a woman for himself, a woman with an established background and good personality. A waiter came by and caught his attention; the man served a bottle of wine and Changsu looked dumbfounded at him.

 

“I didn’t order for this…”    Cahngsu spoke in a manner which was very thankful yet unwanted.

 

“I know sir but the man over there requested this to be accepted by you and your partner.”

Changsu looked over at the person whom the waiter was talking about. It was a man with blonde hair and very chic suit. The woman came back and was surprised to see another wine bottle.

 

“We don’t need so many wine Changsu.”    She said while taking a seat.

 

“I know but the waiter says that man treated us with it.”    Changsu pointed at the blond who had his back on them. He motioned the waiter to come closer; as he bent; Changsu mumbled.       “Tell him it was very kind of him but we cannot offer something not knowing the person and the reason.”

The waiter nodded and walked off the deliver the message.

 

The lady looked at Changsu and was wondering what the result would be. Instead Changsu noticed the man coming who looked more like 16 by face but mid twenties by height. He stood near their table and Changsu stood up out of courtesy.

 

“My name is Kwon Jiyoung; pleasure to meet you.”    He shook hands with Changsu and bowed to the lady. She bowed back not standing up.     “Mind if I join you?”

 

“Of course not. Please do.”    Changsu looked at the lady before asking and she insisted along with him. He sat on the opposite side of them on the couch where the couple would see him rather than the outside view.      “I’m…”     Changsu was about to introduce himself but Jiyoung interrupted.

 

“I know who you are and I have come to know about your recent café business which I heard is going very well.”

 

“Well…”    Changsu nervously smiled.    “It’s new and its small so the outcomes are pretty considerate.”

 

“You are capable and deserving. I am sure you would be able to handle big restaurants in the future.”

 

“Well…I hope…”    Changsu this time humbly smiled getting so much praise but…who was he?     “But how do you know me? And…why are you…?”    Changsu didn’t want to offend the man in front of him by asking the truth.

 

“I work at the Kims corp. I am sure you heard of it…”    Jiyoung raised both of his eyebrows earning gasps from both.

 

“Yes, one of the largest tycoon businesses.”    The lady pointed out slightly hung open.

 

“I assure not one of the largest but the largest tycoon business.”    JIyoung boasted.

 

“But what has the Kims anything to do with my small business?”    Changsu asked carefully choosing his words.

 

“Everything if you want to survive. I am sure you want it as you have started out spontaneously.”    JIyoung stated; this time looking at the lady.      “Even you would want it right Miss?”

She nodded lightly; she may have only known Changsu for little time but this is something else. She wouldn’t want to miss a man like this. He was her ticket to happy life.

 

“But there is one thing you need to get rid of.”    Jiyoung added getting serious this time.

 

“What is it?”

 

“An employee; a woman at your café…”

Both Changsu and the lady looked at him; then at each other. They had no idea whom he was speaking of or why, but he had no other choice. A direct threat from the Kim is something not to be avoided.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihoon had one more exam left before a month vacation and within that time she would need to find another per time job. Jihoon was studying after coming to the small new home while Norma was reading an old cooking magazine. Jihoon took his eyes off the book for a moment and noticed his mother’s condition.

 

She didn’t look too good.

 

Norma on the other hand didn’t notice Jihoon’s stare at her. She merely went reading away until her mind drifted off to the man whom she had given Her share of the lunch.

 

It wasn’t leftovers; yet she told him otherwise so he wouldn’t think anything else. She had no idea why she did that or even acted like that. She tried not to think yet.

 

  “You’re smiling like a clown you know that?”    Jihoon mumbled bringing his mother back to earth.

She snappily looked at him quite annoyed at his tone. She took up the magazine and smacked on his head lightly.

 

“Study you brat…you have you last exam tomorrow.”

Jihoon smirked before shaking his head and getting back to his study; his mother was acting all weird.

 

Right then her cell beeped alerting her incoming sms. She viewed it only to see…Junsu’s name first. She didn’t read the rest yet…she was bothered simply with that man’s thinking.

 

Why would he even message me in the middle of the night? And how did he find my number? I knew it! It was a mistake sharing my lunch with him!

 

She read the rest finally hitting her that it was something important. He stated at one point that…

 

I’ll take you to see your mother and sister; please don’t back out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu was fiddling with his phone on the bed. His father had fallen asleep but he couldn’t sleep. He had something in his mind but he was unsure whether he should let her know in the middle of the night. It’s very inappropriate to call or message a woman during night time specially if you’re not very close with them.

 

He simply couldn’t cross that line.

 

He sighed and tossed around before shutting his eyes tight. He needs to sleep and he wants to forget about her now. He was sure that it was never love with her rather and infatuation because…she was a mother too and understands the fact of motherly love.

 

But he wanted to let her know in case if she wasn’t free…he had to let her know if he wanted to give the one thing she missed in her life.

 

Why am I doing something so stupid for a woman whom I only know for few weeks? Just because she looks like my mother?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Norma was not on shift today at all and she was happy for that. She was waiting patiently at the destination that connected her workplace and Junsu’s workplace.

 

She was fidgeting at the thinking that she would meet her mother again but this time up close and that he will make them talk to each other.

She thought of backing out at first thinking that her mother might recognize her but…instead knowing that it was a risk, she chose it anyway.

 

“Norma!”

She turned around and saw Junsu coming down walking with a happy face. He stood closer to see her tension.

 

“Why are you so worried?”    he lightly asked his smile fading; she didn’t like that sight of it.

 

“Why wouldn’t I be?”    she snapped easily seeing him asking stupid question.

What a mommy?

 

“You’re over thinking…come on.”    He held his hand out to her to take. She was confused why he would do that. They weren’t even that close.

 

“Firstly tell me what you will do.”    She asked not taking his hand.

 

“There is a flower party and I am going there.”

 

“Why and through whose connection?”   she asked trying to clear out.

 

“…My dad…he’s a member of the flower party.”    He looked at Norma who could just laugh anytime but restrained.     “Hey he’s a widower; he needs something to fill up his life.”

 

“Ok so…go on.”    She looked away smiling this time.

 

“You will not find you sister there because she is not interested in it; she’ll be somewhere else. Once your mother sees you there she’ll immediately come and talk to you because you said you two are doppelgangers.  But you would need me to cover your back.”      He smiled as he started walking with Norm tailing behind him.

 

“As what?”

 

“What else? Your son’s father.”

 

“What?!”    that thought put her in shyness. That was extreme.    “Wouldn’t she know if she knows your father too?”

 

“Of course.”    He looked at her easily.    “He’s been telling everyone there that I already have a lover so people wouldn’t think I am homoual.”

 

“My mother thinks you’re a homoual?”    she asked bewildered thinking her own daughter was one herself.

 

“Maybe not her but other members do. They are very proud when their children breed a lot.”

 

“Yeah…”   she ended up laughing lightly.    “But my name will still be Nayoung in case Nayobi came back but…she saw you once before. What if she sees you again with me who had mistaken me before? What will I explain?”

 

“Easy, say I came by often and we spoke and a spark came by and now we’re dating.”    Everything was so easy for him.

 

“Wouldn’t they ask as Nayobi knows that I have a son and it definitely Doesn’t belong to you?”

 

“I’ll tell them you’re widowed sheesh…”

 

“But Nayobi knows Jihoon is adopted.”

Junsu stood there…even he didn’t know that her son whom she claimed to be her son was…adopted. He turned around looking at her with serious expression yet quite shocking.

 

“You…are not…a biological mother?”

Norma was quite stunned at her sudden spill. What would she tell him now? She looked away not answering; not knowing what to say. She mumbled gibberish and stuttered few nothings and then just looked down sadly.

 

“Why am I interrogating you?”    he turned; walking again.    “We’re not even friends; why would you tell me anyway?”     Junsu’s tone was quite bitter; he was hurt and Norma understood that.

 

“I’m sorry Junsu…”    she mumbled meekly and with sincerity.

 

“No, you shouldn’t be. I mean you wouldn’t spill your entire life story to a stranger on the first day.”    He didn’t look back.

Norma understood that there was no point any further explaining as he had been hurt already. She merely followed him wearing nothing fabulous but a simple black coat with shirt and pants.

 

“Junsu…I am not ready for a party…”   she pointed lightly not trying to anger Junsu again. He didn’t respond to that issue. She sighed and tried again.    “How did you know about my mother and your father being connected through the same party?”   this time in a little lighter tone.

 

“I looked through your mother’s profile and saw her activities in the flower club.”    His answer was rather curt.      “Then remembered that dad’s a member there.”    He just ended there abruptly. She thought he would go on how his dad came to be a member or why or what they did. She closed her eyes realizing her stupid mistake; Junsu was considerate enough to even do this for her; she was thankful for it.

 

“I never said thank you.”   She mumbled her mind mistakenly. Junsu stopped and turned around seeing her unaware face.   “What?”    she asked not knowing the reason for his stare; then she went  “oh…”. Junsu exhaled out a chuckle and started walking again.

 

Norma seriously had no idea why she said that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The garden was beautifully managed with white plastic flowers but the smell was amazing. Junsu noticed Norma inhaling the air heavily with much comfort but not that noticeable to everyone.

 

“You like the smell?”   he asked despite knowing it.

 

“Yes…kind of…peaceful.”

 

“Alright Nayoung; let’s go in.”   he held out his elbow for her to take; she looked at him once thinking whether she should, but they were here as…Lovers so why not?

 

“This is so embarrassing.”    She mumbled as they entered; seeing so many people. This flower club was famous.

 

“I’m not embarrassing.”   Junsu whispered with annoyance.

 

“Oh no, I didn’t mean that…I mean…”     she sighed again; she thought it would be best to keep shut.

Many people recognized Junsu due to his father who was unavailable today; though he had let his father know that he would be attending. Junsu slowly moved his arm from Norma’s grip because it was inappropriate to be all Lovey-dovey in front of adults.

      She didn’t get it at first as she tried to ask him if anything was wrong but Junsu hushed her up. Once they were excused, Junsu took up plates of pastries and stood aside giving a plate to Norma.

 

“It’s not a good manner to hold your lover’s hand in front of old people; even if they are spouse. It’s inappropriate… don’t tell me you, of all people, don’t know?”      he was rather mad.

 

“Well, I thought we were supposed to act that way and...of course I know! My granny taught me better than that!”    she slowly spoke yet with force.

 

“Never mind, see your mother anywhere?”    he asked looking other way. Norma’s lips twitched seeing his moody attitude; she looked around the garden to look for someone like her and then her eyes fell on the decorated gate as a woman…wearing a red traditional dress entering with a man.

 

Her eyes stuck there seeing such a beautiful thing in front of her; she was even more beautiful in front. All of her anger towards her just disappeared as if even if she leaves her the hundredth time…Norma would still worship her.

 

Junsu saw Norma’s eyes stuck as he chewed his cake; he followed her sight to see the woman smiling at the other women. Even his eyes went wide…Norma was her spitted image.

 

He put the plate aside and quickly took Norma’s hand pulling her out if daze.

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s go.”    He pulled her to a more noticeable site where everyone would see them; so she could see them too. Norma didn’t dare look at her mother who was just few feet away behind her.

 

“I cant…”    she whispered; her face filled with nervousness.    “I cant face her.”

 

Leaning onto her a bit he whispered back.    “You can; you will. I didn’t come here to show my cute .”    Then his face threw a y smirk; making Norma smile meekly.

He straightened up seeing her smile so beautifully; this was definitely his kind of smile; the one that his mother used to give.

 

“Well I thought that I should be here to see how the party actually goes like!”    Junsu, on purpose, spoke out loud catching few people’s attention; some annoyed, some amused but it definitely got the woman’s attention.

She turned and saw Junsu and Norma’s back.

 

“Junsu!”    she exclaimed excited seeing the boy as her husband excused himself to help himself with sweets.

 

“Mrs. Han! I was waiting for you!”     he responded with similar excitement.

 

“And why is that if I may ask?”    Norma heard her mother being all funny but she still didn’t dare turn to her.

 

“Because I brought someone and introduced everyone except you. You have to meet her, Nayoung.”     He held her shoulders and slowly turned her around to face the older one.    “Meet, the woman of my life, Lee Nayoung.”

Norma looked to see her mother’s face filled with shock; Norma on the other hand pretended to be confused seeing the woman’s shocked face.

 

“Hello Mrs. Han, I am Lee Nayoung.”    She bowed but her mother didn’t respond. It was like her nightmares came back. Norma acted that she was unaware of everything.    “Is there something on my face?”    she asked innocently looking at Junsu once. He knew what they both were thinking.

 

“Is she that ugly?”    Junsu teasingly asked making Norma laugh.

 

“Oh no…she’s not in fact…uh Junsu.”     Naomi looked at Junsu smiling all of a sudden.   “Will you be so kind to fetch drinks for us?”

Junsu glanced at Norma whose eyes widened. He knew she wanted to talk to her alone; he thought it would be best to leave them alone and walked away.

She looked at Norma in a piercing manner this time; she was not happy at all to see her as Norma realized. Her mother Actually hated her.

 

“So.”   Stating sternly.    “What do you do?”    suddenly letting out a smile.

 

“Oh I am just a chef at a small café.”   Norma didn’t dare say the name hinting that she may know of the place as Nayobi visits that place.

 

“And how did you meet Junsu?”

 

“The police station was near the café and he came by almost every day. We talked out of mere coincidence…”    she smiled forcefully; knowing her mother wouldn’t be interested in the stories.

 

“Oh and…what do your parents do?” 

 

“Parents?”   she sounded surprised.    “Well I was raised up in an orphanage along with few others.”    She let out an insincere beam.

 

“Oh why? What happened to them?”   she asked lightly interested to know about her knowledge.

 

“They never knew my father so I wouldn’t know but I was told that a woman left me at the door.”

 

“Could that be…your mother?”     her voice came out so light.

 

“Maybe, who knows? I really didn’t bother then and now.”

 

“Why not?”      Norma could sense the upsetting atmosphere. Her mother didn’t like it when she said she didn’t bother.

 

“Well what kind of a mother leaves her child?”     she sounded like women in operas.

 

“She could have a reason…”    she sounded hurt over the comment.

 

“She did maybe, but at least keep in contact with me…”

 

“Maybe reminds her of bad times…”     she was getting defensive and Norma somehow felt good.

 

“Maybe, that’s why I really didn’t bother.”

 

That shut Naomi up for little moment until she spoke again.     “Have you tried looking for her?”

 

“Oh no, I mean of she didn’t want me, then I shouldn’t bother her by looking for her. It ruins the whole purpose.”

 

“It sounds like you don’t really hate the woman who left you.”    She was surprised.

 

“How can I? Without her I couldn’t be here, if she hadn’t left me then I never would have met him.”    Norma’s voice turned sincere this time. She was thankful to her in this matter.

 

“So if you meet her…someday…not that I mean you can.”   She tried correcting herself.       “But if you do…what would you say?”    Naomi looked at her eyes which had nothing but…honesty; harsh honesty, but her lips said otherwise.

 

“I would say…”    Norma intentionally left off; keeping her mother in darkness as she had been in once herself.

 

“Hey found you ladies some sweet.”    Junsu interrupted holding out two plates. Naomi was gaping at Norma expecting her answer but Norma had started eating quietly.

 

“Mrs. Han? You okay?”   Junsu called her holding out the plate at her.

 

“Huh? Oh yes, I’m fine. This lady is a fine one…”    she heaved in.    “I’m going to leave you youngsters alone.”    Her face turning pale; she left them in a rush. Junsu stood opposite of her; seeing Norma’s satisfied face.

 

“You like keeping her in darkness?”    Junsu darkly asked.

 

“Perhaps…I am her blood after all…”   her voice wasn’t all that soothing either.

Junsu looked around trying to reduce his anger in this process.

 

“We’re getting out of here.”   He abruptly took her hand; pulling her along the crowd and went to main organizer of the even to let her know that they were leaving.

 

“So soon? Aww…”    the main host pinched his cheeks and smiled at Norma.   “Come by again.”

 

“Of course Mrs. Ahn. Good bye.”

 

“Goodbye, I loved it here.”

Junsu smiled one last time before taking Norma out of the garden; his grip getting tighter as Norma felt it while being pulled along.

 

“Junsu, Junsu…”    she called him to make him realize but he was in his own little hell.    “Junsu!”     she tried to yank her wrist out but Junsu’s strength prevailed. Junsu stopped and turned to look at her.

 

“What’s wrong with you?”    she lightly asked; her hand’s not freed yet.

 

“What’s wrong with me?”    he asked in a demeaning manner.   “I brought you here so you could try to know your mother’s pain rather than causing more! I thought you would understand what it feels to be a mother since you are one! Oh right! I forgot that Your son isn’t really Your son!”

 

“Enough Junsu!”      Shouting out shutting Junsu up; Norma heaved in despite her breathing problem. She closed her eyes due to her tired body; she had been a lot weak lately.      “Junsu…you have no idea what I am like or what happens in my daily lives. So please…just please don’t judge and don’t even try to find out because it will cause you your entire life. Trust me on this. But what I did today was totally out of character; I admit but…I had to know what she actually felt; I had to see whether she felt…guilt.”

 

Junsu kept staring at her sadly; he could only sigh.

 

“How would you know?”   Norma continued.    “You had your mother to love you at least, no matter when she died.”

Junsu still didn’t let her hand go; instead he held it in a warm manner.

 

“She died when I was 10.”    He spoke in a mumbling manner.    “I was…devastated so I could never imagine that…mothers could leave their child unless…god took them.”

Norma gazed at him surprisingly to see him speaking like Jihoon…they had similar tone of speaking.

 

“I shouldn’t have said that Junsu…I’m sorry.”

 

“Are we…friends now Norma?”   he looked down at her hands which was pale blue.

Norma gaped at Junsu’s downed face. She never thought he would ask that; now that they were so close already.

 

She smiled looking down; not really wanting him to see it.

 

“Is that a yes?”   he teasingly asked; smirking at her.

 

“Shut up…”     she looked at away smiling lightly.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can all guess who she is, Naomi Han, Norma's biological mother and a very straight forward one. Reasons are not known as to why she left Norma at an orphanage and what causes her to hate her own daughter so much but she did imply that she had bad times with her. Comment soon.