28

Circle of trust

 

Jaejoong just had finished talking to the principal on the phone for Jihoon’s admission; he set his cell aside and walked out of his room and noticed Jihoon taking his seat at the dining table with his grandmother who will soon be leaving for work. She didn’t seem tired with extra work thought; she was happy to help her lonely son out.

 

He walked down the stairs and joined them soon when then a shout interrupted him. He remained standing as he saw his cousin barging in with an angry face. Mrs. Kim and Jihoon were shocked to see him like this and mainly Jihoon was shocked to see him at all. Junsu seeing Jihoon stopped on his tracks.

 

“Junsu dear; what’s the matter?”     his aunt asked.

 

“What is Jihoon doing here? What are you doing here?”   he asked frustrated looking at both of them and ignoring Jaejoong momentarily.

 

“Uncle…Junsu…”     Jihoon could only mumble. Junsu gaping at him few seconds marched to Jaejoong and clutched his collar making his aunt stepping out of her seat and grab Junsu’s arm.

 

“Son stop it! what’s wrong with you?”

 

“Where is she?!”    he growled; Jaejoong knew very well what he meant…he somehow had found out.    “What did you do to her this time?”    he added further grimly. Taking Junsu’s hand; he shoved it away from his dress and fixed it saying.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Then where is she?! And why is Jihoon here?! You must have done something!”

 

“Ma isn’t home?”     Jihoon interfered silently…     “You told me…”     he stopped there not wanting him to know. She was already hospitalized.

 

Yes, that’s right…ma is hospitalized…that’s why she isn’t home.  

 

Jihoon assumed the situation.

 

“And why are you here? Why aren’t you with your mother? Did he pressure you?”

Before Jaejoong could answer; Jihoon replied.

 

“No uncle Junsu…I came here voluntarily.  Because…I couldn’t live in that dump anymore…I have to study and I am entitled to everything here.”

Sighing, Junsu added.

 

“I don’t know what to say to you…you’re just a kid. And you…”    glaring at Jaejoong he growled.    “Tell me where she is.”

Jihoon looked at Jaejoong who ignored looking at him.

 

“I don’t know.”    He lied smoothly on both sides.

 

“You tell me right now hyung. Or else I will file a case against you for blackmailing, influencing employment process and many other acts…”

 

“I wont even if you rip my mouth.”    Jaejoong added.

 

“Jihoon you tell me. You must know where she is. I have to see her…”

 

“I don’t know uncle…”    Jihoon assumed.

Shaking his head vigorously Junsu repented…

 

“Jihoon…I, myself; don’t believe him anymore…how could you then that he hasn’t done anything to her?”

 

“Distrusting your own blood for another woman…tch.”    Jaejoong added. Glaring at Him Junsu further stated.

 

“I’m looking for her no matter what…Jihoon…just come back okay? We’ll figure out.”

Bowing to his aunt he turned and dashed off. jaejoong sighed in relief and looked at them.

 

“Continue your breakfast…I’ll be calling the doctor to ask about her. Jihoon, could you please take out a dress of yours after breakfast? I’ll be taking them to school for your new dress.”

Jihoon nodded and continued eating with his granny, while he walked upstairs. Entering his room, he quickly shut the door and dialed the number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junsu knocked on the door loudly only to be opened by an old lady…granny.

 

“Kim Junsu?”

 

“May I come in? I need to talk to you and your kids…”

By kids, granny knew what he meant. Standing aside she responded.

 

“Come in; I’ll call them.”

 

After all the necessary things had been done such as calling them and setting on conference, Junsu spilled out everything…what he heard that is.

 

“I don’t believe a single word your brother says.”     Gain said on the line.

 

“I can search for her on my side.”     Taeyeon suggested on her side.

 

“So can the rest of us…we won’t let it go.”    Kevin and few others agreed on their side.

 

“I have her mother’s address. I can go and interrogate her.”    Junsu added.      “I also think that Jihoon has no fault in this…he’s a child who desires few things…”

 

Ending their conversation there, they all started their search for her…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoochun was yawning at his table due to late work last night. He had never worked late nights but go to clubs. Soon a maid rushed in and bowed vigorously.

 

“Sir…a woman is barging in the house and…”

 

“PARK YOOCHUN!”    his eyes widened when he saw the short haired woman barging in…Son Ga-in. Setting her eyes on him, she marched towards his position and grabbed his collar.     “WHERE IS SHE?!”

Shaking him in the process he tried to speak.

 

“W..who?”

 

“Don’t who me you bastard! I’m talking about Norma! Where is she?!”

Yeah…sooner or later she was bound to find out.

 

“I...I don’t know.”   He somehow wished he did…    “I really don’t…”

 

“Liar! You did something to her and by god when I find out what…your head would be in my showcase!”

 

“I swear…”   somehow his tone sounded desperate…he really wanted her to find Norma.    “We are ourselves looking for her.”

 

“Why?”

Looking down he whispered.

 

“If Jihoon knows…he would be forced to go back to her…whereas he came to Jaejoong himself…”

 

“Tch…bastards…if you guys hadn’t been messing with their lives…this never would have happened…mind you Park Yoochun just because I got grounded doesn’t make me vulnerable to situations like these…”

Muttering she turned around and left the mansion…keeping him in the thought that…the reason he’d been looking for her was…

 

 His mind was cut off when his cell rang. He picked it up to be greeted by his mother.

 

“Hey mum…”   he lightly smiled on the phone.

 

“Are you okay son?”

 

“Me? Yeah, I’m fine…why do you ask?”

 

“Your manager called me and asked whether something happened to you. You’ve been working hard and diligently actually.”

 

“Mum! That’s good isn’t it?”    he laughed.

 

“Good…but not something my son would do…is something wrong?”

Being silent for few seconds he sighed.

 

“Ma…I think…I made a huge mistake…I want to say sorry…”

 

“Yoochun…tell me everything.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A sudden loud knock disturbed all the members of the family. Nayobi rushed to the door and opened to find Junsu near her door.

 

“Um…who are you?”   she obviously didn’t know him. Seeing him, Naomi exclaimed.

 

“Junsu! Nayobi let him in.”

Nayobi stepped aside and let him in; closing the door.

 

“What’s the matter? Why you look so tensed?”    Brooke asked while Nayobi went to the kitchen to make something.

 

“Norma is missing…”

That caught all’s attention…including Nayobi from the kitchen…

 

“Norma…how and when?”    Brooke asked surprisingly. Naomi remained quiet while Nayobi remained standing there.

 

“3 days…she’s gone…no one knows where…I’m searching everywhere along with her friends…she’s nowhere to be found...”    Junsu’s tone cracked…on the verge of tears but he resisted.

 

“What about…her son?”    Naomi mumbled.

 

“With his uncle…my brother…”

 

“Then why are you here asking us?”    Naomi took her seat calmly…

 

“Because you are her mother…you must have somehow influenced her into leaving.”

 

“Don’t blame me for everything she does. She must have done it on her own.”    She retorted.

 

“Help me find her…”

 

“No.”

 

“Naomi…”   Brooke mumbled disappointingly.

Few seconds of silence…then Nayobi intervened.

 

“I’ll help you.”

 

“Nayobi!”    her mother shouted.

 

“No mother! I will find my sister!”    Turning to Junsu she added.    “You will need help. Dad; I’m leaving…her medicines are all in the left drawer.”

Seeing her dad nod, they both left the house.

 

Hopping into his jeep; he asked.

 

“Who else will help us?”

 

“Yoori…she works under Son Ga-in now…and Jiyoung.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaejoong dialed Yoochun’s number which had soon been received.

 

“Yoochun! Junsu found her empty house and…Jihoon managed it but...how long will this go on? How long till he finds out that she was never there to be treated with?...She disappeared way before that and…”

Hearing a thud; he looked at the door seeing Jihoon standing there near his dropped bag…his face showed something he had never seen on a child’s face…

 

“Jihoon…I…”

Jihoon slowly turned around and left the door step…walking away quietly…

No words of hate, no sound of his voice…

Jaejoong chased him before he could enter his room and put his hand on Jihoon’s shoulder stopping him.

 

“Jihoon…I’m sorry…”

No words.

 

“She was never there in the first place.”

No movement.

 

“I swear I didn’t do anything this time…”

Nothing…at all.

 

“Why don’t you say anything? Why don’t you yell at me? Blame me? Hate me?”

 

“Why should I uncle? She left on her own. If she doesn’t want treatment…then we shouldn’t force her…”

 

“Why are you saying that? No matter what, she still is your mother.”

 

“No matter what, nothing beats blood connection…”    looking at his uncle he added.    “That’s what she said.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 days afterwards, the work pattern of Park Yoochun had entirely changed. Working late at nights, finishing his work early and giving best and working efficiently. His colleagues were happier seeing his determination and sudden change. His female co-workers who had previously disliked him for his supreme complex started befriending him platonically.

 

Other kind of women and men who actually had an interest in him realized something had happened to change him this much…but all noticed that he was skipping his basic needs.

 

A sudden thud on the set caught all’s attention. Yoochun had just fallen on the floor and all rushed to him. His eyes were barely open and he was soon rushed to the nearest hospital.

 

Although he could sit and walk, he was ordered to rest for few days. Yoochun smiling genuinely to see everyone’s concern however told all to go home. He would be fine and help was just a call away.

 

“This is such a bummer…how did I end up like this?”

Oh yes…he told his mother…guilt, remorse…love.

 

In love with Norma? What a ridiculous thing to imagine…

He was about to call for his bodyguard Seunghoon to bring his car as he was done for today. He was allowed to go home but a sudden sight of a woman stopped him…

 

A woman passed by his room to another direction…same old coat, old black boots, hair ponytailed…and that pale unusual frowned face.

 

He dashed after her in direction to the elevator but it was closing too quickly. However he managed to bang on the doors and startle her before it closed completely on both of their faces. He quickly ran to the stairs wondering which floor she’ll be going to.

 

He kept checking the elevator as he ran down the stairs but he knew if he ran out in the open; people would see him. He quickly took out his handkerchief and covered his face. He reached the last floor and saw that she was already running towards the back-gate. He chased after her out of the hospital into an empty alley.

 

God help me; I don’t know why I am doing this.

 

She was running slowly compared to before…she seemed weaker and thinner. He fastened his pace and took a turn in front of her; blocking her way. He couldn’t tell how happy he was to see her. Although her face was gaunt looking; her frown was scarier this time rather than intimidating.

 

“Out of my way Park!”

 

“Where were you? Why did you vanish? Do you know how people had been looking for you?”    he spoke through his handkerchief.  Not wanting to waste her time; she turned and started walking away the opposite side while Yoochun followed. He knew she couldn’t risk running…

 

“Come back. Everyone is looking for you.”

 

“Stop following me Park!”

 

“I know you don’t believe me; but trust me, Jaejoong wants to treat you condition genuinely.”

 

“I don’t care; I don’t want his money and I simply don’t want his treatment.”     Her breath seemed out already.

 

“Norma!”   he was about to take her shoulder when she moved away turning to him.

 

“Listen Park!”    pointing her fingers at him.     “If you even try to touch me; I wont resist smacking you on the face this time!”      She turned and walked on. But Yoochun wasn’t done; he looked around to see no one. He proceeded and took her elbow to make her face him. He did manage to make her look at him but she actually imprinted her hand on his face.

This shocked him…she slapped him. She was angry and pissed and not in the mood for rational thinking.

 

“WHY DON’T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?! I’M OUT OF HIS LIFE; WHAT MORE DOES HE WANT?!”

 

“Norma…”

 

“YOU KIDNAPPED ME! INSULTED ME CALLING ME E; HOW YOU EVEN THINK THAT I WOULD BE FINE WITH IT?! JUST CAUSE YOU’RE A CELEBRTITY DOESN’T MAKE YOU IMMUNE TO ANYTHING! I’ve had enough of both of you…”

 

This time for sure; she turned and left. He saw her figure vanish once again; feeling the tingled burn on his cheek. Her smack was more powerful than Ga-in’s.