chapter 27

Circle of trust

 

Surprise was everywhere in the Kim manor;  their heir was back and on his own accord although suspicion filled his grandmother’s mind as she tried to ask Jihoon why he had come back however he avoided the subject and Jaejoong was backing the kid.

 

“Well you had a long journey; I’ll take you upstairs myself and mother?”

 

“Yes Jaejoong.”

Giving a beautiful heartwarming smile to his mother he said.

 

“Could you take care of the meeting today? I’m sure they’ll be more obliged to cooperate with the predecessors of the Kim Corporation.”

Mrs. Kim couldn’t refuse seeing his son so happy after a long time…even though by heart she knew something was wrong; she couldn’t deny that her son was happy. She smiled in response and nodded briefly earning laughing thanks from him.

She kissed her grandson’s head and left the room to get ready for office.

 

Meanwhile Jaejoong like a kid, pulled Jihoon upstairs to his new room filled with toys and games and nothing was missing.

 

“See! You won’t miss a thing from that place.”

Lies.

 

“You have everything here.”

Not everything.

 

“This will for sure make you forget about her…”

Doubtful.

 

“So…I will immediately contact the best cardiologist for her…”

 

“Not now.”   Jihoon cut him off. Jaejoong looked at him questioningly when Jihoon continued.    “She would figure it out and things will start all over again. Uncle Junsu must not know now because if he knows; she knows.”

Somehow apart from all the words…he heard his nephew calling his cousin ‘uncle’. Jihoon never called Jaejoong uncle…

He chuckled bitterly…how typical of Junsu…not that he hated that but the fact that Junsu always was the one with the kindest heart while he remained the rude one with a merciless heart.

He wasn’t surprised at all…

 

“Ok then. When should I contact one then?”    he sounded normal.

 

“Give it some time. I don’t want her to figure out anything.”

Jaejoong nodded and sat on his bed while Jihoon remained standing.

 

“Jihoon?”

 

“Yes…”   he mumbled out.

 

“Please be spoiled…like me.”

Jihoon gaped at him hearing his…request. Not many people would request that to a kid. Avoiding that question Jihoon presented his own question.

 

“What was my father like?”

 

“Didn’t that woman tell you?”

Jihoon ignored that tone and answered.

 

“Ma said she only met him once and…she said it’s best if she didn’t explain. So I am asking you.”

 

“Well.”    Jaejoong’s mood changed for the better.     “He was opposite of me. He was carefree and enjoyed his position as a Kim. He had wished to take over Kim instead of me when I said ‘I didn’t want it’. He was supposed to be my savior from this mess.”

 

“So…you want me here for the same reason.”    Jihoon concluded.

 

“In a way nephew…but you would soon enjoy all the money and power; you can trust me on that. I mean what kind of person won’t enjoy power and money?”

 

“You and uncle Junsu.”

Jaejoong chuckled again.

 

“True…so you tell me. Why not go to the Son heir and famous Narsha?”

 

“They had their own problems…I would have if they were not grounded for several reasons. Aunt Narsha is getting married so her expenses were reduced as I heard on the phone one day and…aunt Ga-in has been grounded because she slapped your friend.”

 

“Yoochun?”    his surprised face was funny.    “Well…she is one gutsy woman; although that was very unprofessional of her.”

 

“Your friend wasn’t professional himself kidnapping my mother…”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“I overheard…our place is very small so I hear everything.”

 

“I am very sorry on his behalf.”

 

“Well…you should say that to her…”

 

“I will; on one condition.”

Jihoon had somehow expected new conditions from him…coming home wasn’t enough for his uncle. Jihoon nodded to know his condition.

 

“I want you to call m uncle.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This is the answering machine; please leave a message to receive later.”

Junsu put the cell down; sighing a bit. He had been trying her for quite a while now but she wasn’t picking up. He just wanted to know whether she was fine. Well he didn’t want to seem like a creep to her…he was just worried.

 

“Well I could try one more time.”

He dialed again and after one ring it was picked up.

 

“Junsu…I am sorry. I was…taking a shower.”

 

“Uh! I’m so sorry!”    feeling embarrassed he added.    “How are you doing?”

 

“Busy these days. I was hoping to call you anyway.”

 

“Oh? Why?”

 

Well to tell you that you may not find me here most of the time if you visit. I’ll be putting Jihoon in the orphanage. I’ll let you know when I’ll be free.”

 

“Ok.”   Understanding Junsu smiled.     “What is he doing now?”

 

“Playing outside and Junsu…?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Thank you…for everything.”

Frowning a bit while smiling Jusnu responded.

 

“You’re welcome.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Wow! You don’t get tired do you?”

He had her hands pinned on the bed while she struggled only screaming and kicking him. He was amazed how this woman hated him in real and in his dreams.

However the only question that filled his mind was why did he bother or even enjoy the dream? He hated her…maybe his dream would be smashing her face or killing her or humiliate her but this…was simply too intimate.

 

He lowered his face over hers when she tried to move away; smirking a bit his lips pressed on her cheek making her wriggle violently. Chuckling; he moved to her ears and he felt something in his mind…a confusing feeling.

 

“Norma…I think…I…”

 

CRIIIINNGGGG!

 

“Aww man…”

He rubbed his head suddenly pulled out of his dream. What was he about to say?

 

“What was I about to say?”

The ringtone of his cell cut him off. He groaned and picked it up only to be greeted by a happy voice.

 

“Jaejoong?”   he was surprised hearing his happy tone.    “Or…you’re his long lost sister…”

 

“It’s me idiot…you are still sleeping. How come your agency doesn’t kick you out of skipping your work?”

 

“Simple…I wont tell you. Now why did you call me?”

 

“For the first time Yoochun; something good happened without your idea.”

 

“What do you mean?”   he asked uninterested.

 

“Jihoon’s back; he’s taking a bath now.”

 

What?!”    he jumped up on his bed.   “How? I’ll be there right now.”

 

“No. he knows what you did and I’m not sure whether he’ll be willing to see you.”     Yoochun could hear his smirk on the other side.

 

“Bastard…what did you do?”

 

“I’ll tell you later and don’t tell Junsu. Jihoon doesn’t want him to know…and I heard.”      Yoochun heard him snicker.      “Miss Son had the opportunity to imprint her fingers on your cheeks.”

 

“Shut up…”   he hung up and looked out  of the window…if Jihoon went back to Jaejoong; he could only wonder what happened to Norma.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Granny rushed to the phone when she heard it ringing. Picking it up; she greeted.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Granny; it’s Norma.”

 

“Hi sweetie. Anything I can do?”

 

“I called to say that I will be giving the phone away to fix and my cell phone as well; so you won’t be able to find me. I will call you myself. Please pass this whoever tries.”

 

“Ok dear. What is Jihoon doing?”

 

Playing. I’ll be going now. Bye granny.”

 

“Bye dear.”       She hung up and went back to the kids however she stopped on the way. Norma sounded…extremely…odd, like…tired.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

3 days had passed. Junsu hadn’t called her knowing she was busy; granny hadn’t call knowing she wouldn’t be able to get her and Jaejoong…he spent most of his times with Jihoon now letting his mother to do the office hour. He was eating with his nephew and glanced at him few times. Jihoon was eating quietly and noticed his uncle’s glances.

 

“Uncle?”

 

“Yes Jihoon.”    He smiled at the kid.

 

“How old are you?”

Slightly wondering he would ask that Jaejoong answered.

 

“27 now; why?”

 

“Why don’t you have a girlfriend?”

The maids around him covered their mouth to stop the giggling; somehow Jihoon enjoyed the shocked yet priceless look on his face. Fixing his posture Jaejoong answered.

 

“Because I like spending more time with my family.”

 

“Hmm.”    Shrugging off Jihoon added.    “Somehow ma said the same thing when I once asked her a long time ago.”

Not liking the discussion on their similarities he asked.

 

“How long?”

 

“When I turned 6.”

How did he even know the concept? He bet she choked on whatever she was eating that time.

 

“Uncle?”    he called again.

 

“Hmm…”

 

“It’s time…”

Looking at Jaejoong he saw his uncle giving a forceful smile. He left the table with his cell phone and dialed his employee-Jiyoung. When he picked it up; Jaejoong made his words short.

 

“Go to the current address of Norma Jin and take the doctor with you.”

He hung up…for the first time he had her name right. Doing so he went back to the table and resumed eating his food.

 

“Well my assistant should be there within half an hour and settle everything. If she asks how I found out I would say what I always say.”

 

“Which is?”

 

“I keep an eye on everything.”

 

“You know uncle, you may say that you don’t want this whole company and luxury but you’re the only one who can take care of everything. Maybe sometimes we can do things we don’t like; so we might as well do it.”

 

“So…I should just stick to this miserable life…”   Jaejoong rested on his knuckles muttering dispassionately.

 

“If I can save some people even if I don’t like it…I should.”

 

“Then you should be taking over the company as per rules.”

 

“That’s what we agreed on; as you said I might even like it. I hope I do in fact.”   He munched on his sand which.

 

“Somehow…you don’t talk like a 7 year old.”

 

“I heard that plenty of times; is uncle Junsu still not talking to you?”

 Sighing; he answered disappointedly.

 

“Not really…he really had taken some affection to your mother…thinking her as his mother.”

Jihoon smiled lightly knowing it was obvious.

A ringtone interrupted the situation; he got off the table again and received it with a growl. It was the doctor who had checked Norma; he had known him from Jihoon who told him on the phone some days ago.

 

“What?”

 

“Norma Jin…she isn’t here. Her room is empty…”

 

“What?”   he whispered violently.   “Where is she?”    he didn’t want Jihoon to hear it.

 

I don’t know…the landlady says she left about two days ago taking everything with her…?”

He already hung up after telling him to go home…he had to see it for himself and perhaps Yoochun could come too. Going back to the table Jaejoong made up an excuse.

 

“Jihoon I have some work to take care of; would you like to be with granny?”

 

“Nah that’s fine. I’ll be playing some games here or study for my 3rd grade.”

Jaejoong smiled and ruffled his hair; taking his coat given by the maid and went out.

On the way he called up Yoochun to be there; he gave the exact address and hung up in tension. He was worried what the woman had done this time.

 

He drove with great speed anticipating whether what he had heard was true.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

They scanned the room. Jaejoong was actually shocked to see this and Yoochun’s face showed no reaction at all.

 

“Well good to see she isn’t waiting for your money.”   Yoochun remarked.

 

“What will I tell Jihoon?”   Jaejoong mumbled.

 

“The truth! It’s not your fault she left…it’s on her own.”

Jaejoong nodded turning back to leave when Yoochun stopped him.

 

“Tell me what happened.”

Turning back to Yoochun, Jaejoong stated.

 

“We should sit and talk; cause it’s a long story.”

He smirked and walked along with his bud, out of the building; that’s when Yoochun added.

 

“It’s a good thing that good-for-nothing woman left.”

 

“Yeah.”   He muttered.    “Too good to be true.”

 

However inside…Jaejoong was shocked. He felt as if his whole purpose to fight had been lost. Was that really all for nothing? On the other hand Yoochun gulped down feeling dry in his throat. Somehow he wanted her to jump back to fight them…he wanted to see her face even if it was angry.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jihoon was on the laptop reading few things and while doing so he recalled how he knew about his mother having the condition. To be really honest he figured it out seeing her face that she was hiding when she came back that time in their house facing the reunion.

 

He had sneaked in her room and saw the report but then he didn’t know what ASD meant so at night when she was sleeping he checked it online and of course he found one particular sentence shorter lifespan.  He saw all the costs and possibilities and he knew that there was no way she could cover these. Although there was nothing on sudden death; the shorter life span scared him.

 

He knew there was only one way and that was going to the Kim because what he heard on the phone about aunt Narsha and Ga-in; which was why he made the call…

 

He just wished his man would get the surgery. A knock startled him; looking at the door he saw his uncle standing there.

 

“Uncle? So soon?”

 

“Yeah…”    he entered the room and took a seat on his bed.    “Your mother was a bit of a pushover.”

 

“You went to her? She agreed right?”

 

“Of course she didn’t; because I didn’t tell her on face knowing she would refuse. I merely talked to the doctor personally to tell her about donation money so in that sense doctor said she agreed. They will be putting her in hospital soon.”

 

“Oh…she didn’t see you to ask about me…”

 

“Yes…”   hearing his dispassionate tone Jaejoong looked at his shoes.    “So…continue what you are doing. I’ll be freshening myself.”

Leaving Jihoon in his room; he huffed out feeling guilty having to lie to his nephew for some reason. He didn’t want this to happen. What if he wants to see her? If he knows he would want to go back to the orphanage…he couldn’t let that happen; not when Jihoon came back himself.

 

There was only one solution to this and that is to find Norma as quickly as possible. He would need to set up a search party by his employees and not let anyone know of this.

 

He could easily order Jiyoung to do it but something bothered him about Jihoon these days. He knew that boy was faithful to him yet he had a mind of his own which follows the stupid morality. He couldn’t risk bringing his most talented worker.

 

“She’s really bothersome…”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hearing all of it in his car had him thinking of only one thing…she was trouble.

 

“Why is she so troublesome?”    Yoochun had mumbled.

 

“Why is she so troublesome?”    he growled in annoyance. He was supposed to skip his schedule today but didn’t after the conversation. His hairstylist was spraying his hair and tapped on his shoulder.

 

“It’s done.”    She said.

Normally he would spare a wink at her however he only responded with a “hmm”….surprising the woman for few seconds. He seemed really serious; he got up his seat and walked to the set; getting ready for the camera to flash.

 

His eyes could burn with all the lights flashing on his face; but what could he do? Even though he doesn’t need to work, he does to show the world that he can do something without his business that his father had left his family.

Although he never lacked anything, he wondered why he was like this as if he had been abused or something.

 

He wasn’t. He got everything he wanted with money. If it’s time people assumed that his parents never gave; that would be gravely wrong. His parents loved him and his brother; they made sure to give all the time they needed. They were brought up well; it’s just him who likes to act like this.

 

He wants to be spoiled on his own accord and he was glad with it because as soon as he stepped in the media; people swarmed over him both men and women. There wasn’t one who didn’t want to be with him; of course apart from Jaejoong whom he thinks as his own brother; Junsu would be the closest whom he could consider falling in love with however…he just wasn’t a gay so men were out of the question.

 

As for women well…the situation is typical. Same old, same old. Meeting Ga-in he thought he had found his match but somehow that seemed too typical too because she was strong and was ready to wage a war; Yoochun had seen women like that before; his mother being one of them. These two were wild animal tamers.

 

However…someone who is scared of him? That was rare. Norma Jin was afraid of him even though she never showed it…why would women be afraid of him? They either loved him or hated him but never feared him…he wasn’t a monster…he was just a model.

 

The flash light stopping finally; he clutched his head. The photographer asked whether he was fine; Yoochun shrugged it off. Looking away he frowned; muttering.

 

“What the is wrong with me? Why do I suddenly have to think about her?”

 

“About who?”    the makeup artist suddenly asked while he was passing

 

“No one…”

 

That’s right…she’s no one…