chapter 25

Circle of trust

 

Naomi sat there thinking…not only did that girl dare interfere in her life now also in another man’s life…she didn’t tell anyone last day that they had visited. Neither had she known what her daughter and husband had been up to…so she could do something as she was asked a favour of by them. She quickly took up the phone and dialed the number.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Norma and Jihoon were packing their things when she heard the door bell. She went up and opened the door only to find Junsu at her doorstep.

 

“Junsu; right on time. We were just packing.”    She let him and close the door.

 

“Well I have arranged your stay at a friend’s house in Minsok. You should be able to get the bus by tomorrow and my friend had already contacted few for possible jobs there and you will have Jihoon admitted in a school in no time.”

He said as he took a seat on the floor helping Jihoon.

 

“Thanks a lot. I’ll make something.”    She went to the kitchen leaving the two Kims alone.

 

“So how are you excited?”    Junsu asked bluntly. Somehow he really liked ticking the boy.

 

“You seem more excited than me…as if you’re being admitted to a new school.”    Jihoon answered in a monotone.

 

“Brat…I was being nice to you and you had to be a sneaky brat.”    Junsu sighed.

 

“We share the same blood...uncle Junsu.”

Somehow Junsu was happy to hear the uncle as in the real uncle by blood…not just uncle as mother’s friend…Junsu didn’t show his smile to Jihoon.

Norma came in with two glasses of lemonades and few leftover of rolls. She still hadn’t told him about her step-father’s visit yesterday. She would first settle down then tell him and maybe…just maybe they could still keep in contact hiding from Jaejoong.

A phone ring cut that off and she went to receive it. Junsu heard a few ‘whats’ and ‘yes’ however in a surprised tone. Hanging up she looked at Junsu…

 

“It’s…my mother. She wants to meet me again…this time somewhere else.”

Junsu looked a Jihoon who was quite analytical himself. Jihoon looked away making it seem like it was an adult talk…of course he wasn’t but he was no less than an adult for his age.

 

“Do you want to meet her?”   Junsu asked.

She looked down unable to think.

 

“What if she called me to…rant at me again? I wouldn’t be able to stay silent and may as well yell at her.”

 

“Do you want me to come with you?”   Junsu suggested.

 

“No…I have to go alone and tackle this all by myself…I can’t hide anymore. Jihoon what do you say? And please tell me your honest opinion.”

Jihoon looked at her and smiled.

 

“Yell at her if you must…if that gets some sense in her head.”

Normally that kind of talk would get a child smack but when he said it…she knew what it meant. Be yourself.

 

“I’ll stay with him till then.”    Junsu suggested.

 

“Oh man…baby sitter…”    Jihoon whined.

 

“Oi! I’m not gonna put you in a washing machine! But if you keep acting like this maybe I will.”

 

“Yeah and clean carcasses afterwards. Good luck having dinner later.”

 

Norma shook her head and leaned on the wall. She would have to go and no matter what she says…she could tolerate because of these two lovely people.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jaejoong was rubbing his temples in tension…well not tension but annoyance. Specially because of a talk he had with his mother this morning…he recalled the incidence this morning.

 

He was ready to leave after breakfast when he saw his mother writing something. He fixed his tie and walked to his mother.

 

“I will be leaving now.”    He curtly bowed and turned around to leave when his mother called.

 

“Jaejoong?”

 

“Yes…”    he turned to his mother.

 

“Do you have the time? I need to talk to you.”

 

“Anything mother. Go ahead…”

 

“Sit please.”    His mother insisted. He took a seat opposite of her straight. Although he actually didn’t have time; he was more than willing to spare some for his mother. He doesn’t want to end up like Yoochun.

 

“What is the matter mother?”    he asked trying to rush a little.

 

“Well that day when your uncle visited…after you left we discussed few things.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“About you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“We were both concerned.”    That statement caused him to chuckle bitterly.    “What was that for Jaejoong?”

 

“You, I get it but him…no I don’t believe it…”

 

“Jaejoong…”

 

“No mother…tell me what the matter is. What’s bothering you?”

 

“Your singularity.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I have decided…you will get married. Men or women I don’t care.”

 

“Mother you very well know I am not interested in anyone. Men or women.”

 

“Jaejoong I am too old…and…you cant expect Jihoon to come back not after what you did so someone has to be in line for the company. Junsu has his own job or else I could have asked him.”

 

“Who said Jihoon wont come back?”    his tone got harsher.    “He will and I will make sure.”

 

“Why would he? Why would he come back after what you did to his foster mother? After what Hyunjoong did to his biological mother?”

 

“I said I will…”

 

“No Jaejoong…I know  you don’t have any attraction towards anyone; not romantically not physically…”

 

“Mother…”    he was not comfortable speaking of this topic.

 

“Son, I could find someone like that and…you two can adopt… I have no objection to that; I just want…”

 

“Mother…please. I’m fine…”

 

“No…you are not. You’re alone.”

 

“So are you…why cant you get married?”

 

“What?”

 

“You can remarry…anyone.”

 

“We are not having this discussion.”    His mother turned her face away.

 

“Oh why not? You are telling me besides knowing my condition…”

 

“It’s not a disease…Jaejoong…that’s why I said that we could find someone similar to you…”

 

“Mother is that why you called me?”    Jaejoong was finally tired.

 

“No…I was hoping that…if you want Jihoon that badly…you can…have the guardianship if you marry Norma and…”

 

“Seriously mother!”    he yelled out in frustration and stood up.         “Who gave you that ridiculous idea?!”

 

“Jaejoong sit down and we can calmly discuss…”

 

“I am leaving…I am out of time.”   He bowed and turned to leave…

 

“Seriously…marry that block…”   he muttered…maybe she was in a way similar to him…never attracted to anyone; not even Yoochun. She was another one his kind and…he may never find anyone like her but he hates her and she hates him…he made her life miserable.

A knock interrupted him.

 

“Come in.”   he muttered and saw his receptionist coming in with the same old robotic face. Somehow he never observed or wondered why she was ever like that. Now he was wondering…maybe he would ask her. She sure had attracted a lot of attention here specially women’s .

 

“Yes Yoori; what could be the matter?”    he saw her approaching his table with an envelope. She put it on the table and looked at him without saying anything. He knew she meant him to open it. He now even wondered how he interviewed her when his Jiyoung said she wouldn’t answer his questions. She never said anything about her qualifications; all were written on her CV and…he never really liked people who talked to much specially women. Otherwise Jiyoung wouldn’t have been employed. He opened the envelope and saw the paper. He stood up and glared at her.

 

“What’s the meaning of this?”    he asked.

 

“It is just as you see it. My resignation letter.”

 

“I can see that and I see no valid reason. You wrote…”   he took the paper again.    “For heartbreak reason?”

 

“Yes boss.”    Again the robotic tone.

 

“What ‘yes boss’? Tell me the reason!”

 

“Boss as far as I knew…we were allowed to quit weren’t we?”

Jaejoong was shut…sure they were and he never knew that he would be so worked up about his employee leaving of course…she was one of the best and…he wouldn’t want the best to go…but he couldn’t tell her that.

 

“Fine…go on. You are allowed to leave.”

 

“Thank you boss.”    She bowed again and turned to leave when she heard him say.

 

“I expect you to have thought about this countless times.”

She said nothing…she had her reason; he knew heartbreak was a fake reason. There was something else.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyoung saw all; he knew her reason to leave and he guessed that his boss wasn’t happy. His boss may ask him to keep an eye on her…but…his job was at stake; he wouldn’t have any idea then what to do.

 

He saw her leaving; sparing him a wink. He smiled at her but somehow a bit hurt…he had fallen for the robot girl but she loved someone else.

 

She had already found a way to compensate her resignation at such a big company; she found another job at the Sons…although she didn’t tell anyone. Well what the heck? She was fine and she would fulfill everything she needs to in order to fulfill her dream.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Joongki and Ga-in were walking into the mansion together…she knew whom this mansion belonged to and she haven’t consulted her parents about it. sure she would consult if it was concerning of a rival company but this guy had no company so she could do whatever she wished and if that man talks too much…she would have evidence what he did so…they both had their leverages.

 

Although Yoochun had no idea about their visit.

He was just having breakfast when the maid informed him about someone’s arrival; one woman and one man. He shrugged and let them in…he saw them and he was confused.

 

“Ga-in…sweety.”    Yoochun used that tone on purpose seeing the other man here.

 

“Sweety? Ga-in he just called you sweety…”    Yoochun thought that guy had doubted something however it was a sting to Ga-in meaning…Ga-in was more furious than him.     “Just go ahead and do it.”

Ga-in smiled at Joongki confusing Yoochun even more. What was she here for?

 

She marched towards him and…smacked him on the cheek shocking all but Joongki. He smirked.

 

“How dare you touch her?! How dare you insult her?! HOW DARE YOU?!”

He gaped at her unaware of what was going on…

 

“If you ever touch my friend Norma again…I will cut you up in pieces.”

That…got him. Norma was…her friend…she marched back to Joongki and took his hand and…just left the house.

He stand there his hand on his cheek…

 

“That….”

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Last day when Norma’s sister had come to the orphanage and told everything…they were more than convinced that Jaejoong was the reason.  They knew about Yoochun’s actions through Yami Lee and more information from Jiyoung. Ga-in was fuming…but she was glad to hear that…Norma hadn’t given up on the boy.

 

She took her threats well.

Now they have decided to all visit Norma…the others were on their way to her house. Norma’s sister said she’d be there as well…

It would be one heck of a reunion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Norma had no idea why she would be called somewhere else instead of her home. Maybe the others didn’t know…or her mother didn’t let them know.

She was there on the side of the empty park. She saw her standing near the lake…she heaved in and walked to her mother. She stood there not knowing whether she should tap on her shoulder or call her ‘mother’.

 

“Mrs. Han…”

She turned around surprised to hear that…Naomi thought she would call her mother giving her more reasons to thrash out on her.

 

“Norma.”    She tightened her lips.

 

“You…what did you call me for?”    Norma tried to sound a little harsher…as if she didn’t want this.

 

“What are you planning?”    Naomi asked.

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

“I have my reasons…”  

Norma wasn’t interested in her so called reasons. Maybe she was just interested in her daughter’s life and faking the reason issue.

 

“I’m planning to leave this town…forever. You will never see me again.”

 

“That’s a relief.”       That hurt her inside.    “And you’re taking your son with you…”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well…I may not have been a good mother but…still I will ask you a favour.”

 

“Go on…”    she was more than willing to do it.

 

“Return the boy where he belongs.”

She frowned at her in confusion.

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because he doesn’t belong to you. He belongs to Kim Jaejoong.”

She rolled her eyes…Kim Jaejoong again.

 

“Do you know what he did?”   she asked just in case.

 

“I don’t care; it’s none of my business.”

 

“The whether I return Jihoon or not is also not your business!”    she harshly said.

 

“It is my business when someone asked that favour of me! Not only you’re snaking in my life but also in another’s life!”

 

“None of your business again! If you can’t be my mother then you have no right to ask me of such things!”    Norma was finally mad…of everything.  She turned to leave when she heard her mother yell.

 

“You’re just keeping him for yourself! He’s your road to the entire company which you want! You may pretend that you’re his mother but you’re not! You are just like that man who likes to ruin others!”

She stopped on her tracks…unable to respond to that.  She turned and glared at her mother…her mother would never realize…she would never understand…even if she dies.

 

“Thank god I didn’t turn like you…otherwise I would handed him to an orphanage a long time ago…”

She turned away and left that place…

 

She kept walking away further from her…until she reached the main road…her heart was pounding badly…badly enough to make it hard for her to breathe…she kept heaving in harshly trying to catch up…

She put her hands on her chest and her eyes felt like puffing out. Some people were looking at her…she wasn’t feeling well…not at all.

 

Her vision blurred…she felt her body falling on her knees…heard few murmurs and someone holding her…a woman…

 

“Hey miss? Miss! Are you alright? Hey!”

Her sight blackened…and felt herself…blacking out.

 

Jihoon…Junsu…Jessica…

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Both Junsu and Jihoon shivered up and looked at each other. They kept gaping at each other when they heard the door bell ring. Jihoon stood up and went to the door and slightly opened the door to see…a dozen people…his friends and…orphanage mates.

 

“Jihoon…”    Granny mumbled. Jihoon opened the door wide and let all of them in…all of them. Ga-in grabbed him and squeezed him earning a whine. Junsu stood up and went to the door seeing the bunch…

He had no idea what was going on.

Jihoon was being squeezed on a woman’s bosoms…who looked like Son Ga-in while a male laughed. They looked at him and he bowed.

This was indeed one heck of a reunion.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Her eyes fluttered open and a white light pierced her eyes. She shut her eyes immediately and tried to sit up only to see a woman and a doctor…

 

“Hey how are you feeling?”   the young lady asked.

 

“Fine thank you…what happened?”    Norma asked.

The woman looked at the young doctor and looked back at her.

 

“You fainted…on the streets.”

 

“I…”    she was unable to say anything…she had no idea why she would just fall…    “Uh thank you for bringing me here Miss?”

 

“Yeonhee…and this doctor is my husband. That’s why I brought you to him.”

 

“Shim Changmin.”    He introduced himself.

 

“Norma Jin…is everything alright?”    she asked the doctor who took up a report and handed it to her.

 

“You have ASD.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________