Ways for guardian hood

Circle of trust

The car just stopped near the gate of the enormous building; the guard at the gate came running near the car waiting its owner to step out. The door opened and the guard immediately bowed. The owner ignored the man and walked pass him. The guard remained stunned while watching the man go away. The guard walked back to its original post beside another one.

 

“You idiot…don’t you know who he is? You just went running to the man…”    the other guard snapped.

 

“Hey I’m just new here…you should have warned me…any who…who is he?”   The guard asked.

 

“He’s the owner you dimwit…and he doesn’t like others parking for him that’s why he didn’t give you the key…”

 

“You should have told me! I totally embarrassed myself out there!”

 

“Haw haw…”    the other guard noted with sarcasm.

----------------------------

 

The man walked ahead while two other men soon caught up to him. The man didn’t notice or care about his body guard. He entered the elevator along with his bodyguards and soon the door closed. The elevator stopped at 13th floor (unlucky number) and the bodyguards gave space to the man to step out first.

 

They walked through the corridor and passed the door harshly. The young receptionist calmly stood up and bowed.

 

“Good morning Mr. Kim.”

 

He walked without greeting back. The receptionist sat down knowing his attitude and lightly shook her head mumbling.

 

“Boss really should get married now…”

 

Mr. Kim entered his room while the bodyguards stood outside. Mr. Kim sat in his chair and quickly took out his file, checking it. While doing so a knock came onto his door annoying Mr. Kim.

 

“Come in.”   He muttered and a head peeked in. only the young face of the boy could be seen.

 

“May I come in Mr. Jaejoong?”

 

“I did say ‘come in’ Jiyoung…”    Jaejoong muttered not leaving his eyes off the file. Jiyoung entered with a huge stack of files but he didn’t dare to sit down in front of him.

 

“I have all the info you asked for. I found the address where she lives now and she seems to have a job under…”

 

“That…would be all Jiyoung. I can read the rest myself. Thank you for your hard work.”    That meant ‘get lost’ and Jiyoung knew all too well.

 

“Yes sir…”   he bowed and left him alone

 

Jaejoong looked at the stack of files…he had acquired so many information of the girl…he took out one of those files and started reading it…

 

“Name Norma Jin…what kind of name is that? Uh…age 24…a co-chef at Sylvester Hotel for the past 4 years. How did she earn a job at a three star hotel at such a young age? No parents, a son…adopted…Jin…Jihoon.”     Jaejoong mumbled at the last part, rather at the name…

He was just surprised that the name matched with his in so many ways but he had his foster mother’s surname…it should be Kim, Kim Jihoon. He was, after all, his late younger brother’s son aka his nephew. He sighed, its been almost 6 years since his death and he still couldn’t sit back. He needed this kid to take over the company, to replace him and to become one of the richest men in Korea.

 

He sighed and opened his table drawer only to reveal a picture of him, his cousin and his late younger brother, Kim Hyungjoon. A smile appeared on his beautiful face making him seem godly…he loved Hyungjoon more than himself and his own mother…and he had to lose him first.

 

“I should have gone before you…”    he whispered as his mind went back to his last days with his brother.

 

He remembered when he suddenly received a call from his mother hearing the news that Hyungjoon suddenly having a car accident. He remembered how he had rushed to the hospital without stopping and saw his injured brother on bed with the oxygen mask on his face. His mother was crying her eyes out while his cousin was comforting her along with his best friend.

 

Hyungjoon was unconscious at that time; when he did wake up; Jaejoong was the first one he wanted to see. Jaejoong sat and held his hand assuring him that he was going to come home but Hyungjoon didn’t care…he had something else to tell.

 

“What is it Hyungjoon?”    Jaejoong calmly asked

 

“Hyung…there was something I did to a girl a long time ago…and I still think of ever since she left… I want to say sorry to her. I hurt her so much…I want to see her again. I want to say how stupid I was to let her go…and I love her and ask for forgiveness…I bet she won’t forgive me…and she shouldn’t…”    Hyungjoon said as tears fell out on his cheeks.

 

“Nonsense Hyungjoon…no girl can ever resist you…I bet whoever she is, will forgive you and not for your money or looks, but for your feelings. Tell me…what happened? What made you like this?”

 

“I…made her pregnant when she was 17…and when she came to me…I told her to abort it…you know what she did? She dumped me…not the baby. I should have just stopped her when she left…I should have realized then…Hyung.”

 

“Shh…that’s enough, you’re a dad now so you shouldn’t cry…right now you need to rest.”     Jaejoong patted on Hyungjoon’s hand

 

“No Hyung, I can’t…find her please find her. Find Jessica. I can give you all the information you need, please. Just find her and bring her to this house…I want to see her please Hyung.”    He ended up sobbing.

 

Hyungjoon had given all the information he needed, her full name and her address. Jaejoong quickly set up an independent investigation to find her. However…3 days later…

 

“Jaejoong! Hyungjoon suddenly lost consciousness you must come now!”    His cousin was panicking and he left work to go to the hospital. When he arrived, his brother had already been taken to the ICU attempting to bring him back…but in the end…

 

He died without any last words.

 

A ring on his cell pulled him out of his thoughts; he looked at his cell to see his best friend’s number. He received with a happy face.

 

“Hey how’s my cold hearted sweetheart?”   the other line greeted.

 

“Well nice to hear from you too Yoochun. I must say your greeting gets nicer every time.”    Jaejoong concluded with a hint of dark humour.

 

“Save you loveydovey talk for later Hyung…I called to ask you whether you have made any progress in finding the girl.”    Yoochun, on the other line, asked.

 

“I have in fact, her name is Norma Jin and she’s a co-chef. I haven’t seen her picture yet but I did find where she lives.”   Jaejoong said with a happy tone.

 

“You mean Jiyoung did. That kid really does his work; he should find a young girl for you.”

 

“Yeah sure he should. I’m just thinking how I should approach her with the news.”

 

“Whats there to think? Tell her you’re his family and you want to take him back also offer her something in return like…hire her as you chef etc.”

 

“Maybe, I could also let her meet Jihoon if she wants at times.”

 

“So his name’s Jihoon eh? Nice name that Jessica girl kept. By the way let me help as well as you know I, Park Yoochun, am a celebrity and there is no one who doesn’t know me so…if she hesitates even with the reward, I can persuade her with my charms. By the sound of it, I know she’s not that pretty.”

 

“You haven’t even seen her photo as I haven’t. How can you be so sure?”    Jaejoong laughed lightly    

 

“Hyung, there is nothing Yoochun doesn’t know. I have my influences and intelligence. Well do send me a pic though. Just in case…”

 

“Yoochun, don’t you have a photo shoot to go to?”    Jaejoong asked hinting him to hang up.

 

“Oh yeah, sure I do. With my stylist drooling over me, I’m having a nice time. Well I guess Hyung is bored of me.”    Yoochun made a sad tone causing Jaejoong to roll his eyes.

 

“Alright now get lost. I have work to do.”

 

“ Ok, say hi to Junsu for me if you call him.bye.”   

 

“Bye…”

 

Jaejoong fiddled with his cell until he thought he had to call his mother. When he did, he could hear his mother’s soft voice.

 

“Mom…is someone else there?”   he asked

 

“Yes, your cousin is here, wit I’ll turn the speaker on.”    His mother said while turning the speaker.

 

“Hey  Junsu.”    Jaejoong greeted.

 

“hey Hyung.”    A squeaky voice greeted.

 

“What are you doing there?”    Jaejoong asked

 

“Visiting your mother. She barely sees you anymore so I thought I give her a visit. But its an honor to talk to you.”   Junsu answered while hearing his mother giggling.

 

“Yeah what a good son you are making time after police work. The reason that I’m calling is urgent.”    Jaejoong wanted to get to the point.

 

“What is it son?”    his mother asked on the line.

 

“I’ve found him mother…I’ve found your grandson.”

 

“You…you’ve found him?”    his mother sounded happy yet…almost on the verge of crying.

 

“Hyung that’s good news!”    Junsu exclaimed.

 

“Yes, unfortunately his mother died and currently he is under a foster care.”

 

“Nothing matters. Lets go and take him back.”    His mother sounded excited.

 

“No mother let me go. I’ll handle it and I promise I’ll bring my nephew home.”    Jaejoong’s tone became serious.

 

“Of course you will. I have full faith in you. Go today and bring the boy home.”

 

“Good luck Hyung. We’ll be waiting.”

 

“Thanks Junsu; I’ll see you later mother. Bye.”

 

“Bye.”    Both his mother and cousin said in unison.

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath and took out another file. Yoochun’s words still roamed his head.

 

“By the sound of it, I know she’s not that pretty.”

 

“Lets see if he’s right.”    Jaejoong mumbled while opening the file revealing he two pictures, one of Jihoon and one of Norma surprising Jaejoong.

 

“Yoochun…you’re wrong this time.”    He laughed lightly and called the receptionist.    “Send in Kwon.”

 

“Yes sir.”   The receptionist confirmed and Jaejoong hung up.

 

“Sir you called me?”    Jiyoung’s head peeked in the room again asking for entrance.

 

“Yes, prepare my car and handle all the meetings for today.”

 

“Yes sir.”     Jiyoung bowed and closed the door behind him letting out a sight next walking passing the receptionist.     “That guy really scares me.”

 

“Good thing he didn’t fire you on your first day for your dumb head.”    The receptionist commented bluntly.

 

“I am very intelligent as a matter of fact Lee Yuri.”    Jiyoung argued back

 

“No way…all blonds are dumb remember?”    Yuri emotionlessly answered.

 

“Humph!!!”    Jiyoung turned his head and walked along avoiding the all so popular robot Yuri who had a reputation of being a mechanical girl.

 

“See you later Mr Kwon…For a moment I thought I heard Boss laughing. Nah…”    Yuri went back to her work again.

_____________________________________________________________

 

The blue car stopped at the peak of the parking lot near the building. When the door opened a kid, of 6 years old, walked to the owner of the car who just stepped out in a black overcoat and a blue scarf wrapped on her neck.

 

“Ma…”    the kid mumbled his mother’s name while the mother nodded in response. She patted his head lightly and the kid made no response to it. It made him seem like a pacifist.

 

“Get in the car.”    She motioned the kid to get in. When they stepped inside, she started the car and headed off. While on the way the mother noticed the boy with a looking out of the window.     “How was your day Jihoon?”      she asked.

 

“Hmm…”    he mumbled in response.

 

“How is Jumi?”     she lightly asked.

 

“She didn’t come today…”    he answered casually.

 

“Why?”

 

“She’s sick…”    

 

“Do you want to visit her? I can take you there.”

 

“Lets buy her something on the way.”    Jihoon suggested.

 

“I’m gonna buy jajangmyun. That sounds healthy and tasty…”

Jihoon nodded with agreement.

------------------------------------------

 

They stopped near the beautiful villa and stepped out with a parcel of jajangmyun. They neared the door and rang the bell. A man in black tailed coat suit opened the door and bowed.

 

They both greeted back and entered. This wasn’t the first time they were here. This was their third time coming in this fantastic villa. It belonged to Lee Jumi, Jihoon’s friend.

 

“Miss Norma is that you?”    Mrs Lee, Jumi’s mother asked while climbing down the stairs.

 

“Hello Mrs Lee. Just came to visit Jumi, I heard she’s sick.”   Norma said without expression.

 

“Hello Mrs. Lee.”    Jihoon lightly bowed to her.

 

“Hi sweet heart. Jumi’s in her room. Why don’t you go upstairs with your parcel then?”

 

“Thank you.”    Jihoon walked upstairs with the packet leaving Norma with Mrs. Lee.

 

“So are you going to stay for lunch Norma?”   Mrs. Lee asked with a hint of ‘you came here for lunch?’ tone.

 

“No, I already ate and don’t have space left in my stomach. I might vomit if I do.”    She countered.

 

“You know that I tolerate you because of Jumi only.”   Mrs Lee said crossing her arms to her chest.

 

“Likewise Mrs. Lee. I care about my son’s feelings just as much as you do about Jumi. Along with that I also care for your daughter since she is innocent.”    Norma spoke in a firm tone.

 

“I might understand about you caring for Jumi since its in your kind nature however…Jihoon isn’t even your son. Why bother caring for someone just out of legal relationship?”  

 

“You husband is also legally related to you. Why care for him?”    Norma’s statement shut Mrs Lee up. She remained quiet at it. Norma still wondered what had happened between them. Jumi and Jihoon were friends but what had happened between their mothers? It was easy…

 

When Norma had started earning more, she was looking for a place to live in. jihoon had already going to school by then. A room was advertised to-let for rent and when she had come to talk…Mrs Lee asked of her background.

 

“I am a single mother of a boy who currently goes to school. I am a co-chef at the Sylvester hotel.”    Norma had answered with a genuine smile.

 

“A single mother? Are you a widow?”

 

“No, in fact…”

 

“No? are you a divorcee?”

 

“Not that either but…”

 

“So you just had a son without marriage?”

 

“Excuse me? If you just let me fin…”

 

“We cant allow a mother and a son coming out of illegitimate relationship! Please leave!”

 

Norma just looked at the idiot woman in front of her. She had seen her true nature. She couldn’t even live here in peace even if she knows the truth. Instead she stood up and bowed; then left.

 

The second time was when Jumi invited Jihoon to her birthday party. Both the mothers were shocked to see each other. In fact Mrs Lee knew about Jihoon’s mother that he was adopted but she didn’t know it was indeed her almost to be tenant. When the kids ran into the party, the mothers spoke to each other resolving the misunderstanding however…not the slight hate. Norma felt humiliated that time so she didn’t bother trying to explain things to her yet Mrs. Lee was brazen herself.  She didn’t bother saying sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Both mothers didn’t speak to each other and Norma was waiting for Jihoon to come down. He soon did and Norma bowed to leave.

 

“Good bye Mrs Lee.”     Jihoon bowed.

 

“Good bye sweet heart. Thanks for visiting Jumi.”

 

They both left and got inside the car. During the entire ride she didn’t speak to him. Jihoon thought she was merely focusing on driving. They arrived at their home which was a terrace. Norma had established enough to take a terrace on installment after trying to take a sublet on rent. And the car was still used on installment paid.

 

She parked her car and both of them got out. Norma unlocked the door and let Jihoon in. Closing the door behind her, she hung her scarf on the hanger and quickly washed her face. Jihoon quickly went upstairs to take a bath while she dried her face. As soon as she was going to set up lunch for themselves the door bell rang.

 

She went to open the door but she left the chain locked to the door. She opened the door slightly only showing her face. She saw a man with feminine face with extreme expensive suiting, standing at her door.

 

“Yes?”    Norma asked unsure whether he had come to the right place

 

“Are you Jin Norma?”   he asked softly yet firmly.

 

‘Well rather Norma Jin.’    She thought.

 

“Yes I am.”    She answered

 

“May I enter?”

 

“Of course but May I know who you are?”    she asked back as much as polite.

 

“Pardon my insolence; I am Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong. Jihoon’s family…”     he smiled causing Norma’s face to fade.

She was stunned and shocked. She didn’t know how to respond.

 

‘He found us…he found Jihoon.’

_____________________________________________________________________________________