chapter 23

Circle of trust

 

He just sat there on the bed looking at the figure in front of him…she was at the corner of the wall cowering herself and crying uncontrollably. He sighed…she had been crying nonstop…he forgot what he did to make her cry like this. Of course…he was about to kiss her when she didn’t want it.

 

“You know this is only a dream so stop crying…”    he whined however that didn’t help. She hid her face on her knees pleading to let her go.    “I wish I could but for some reason I’m not in control.”    He stood up from his bed and walked to her sitting figure. He sat on his knee and tried to see her face.    “Come on…help me out. I wasn’t trying to you…I was just trying to…enjoy the dream. Show me your face.”    He had no idea why he was talking so gently. He was never gentle with women however he took her hands and tried to remove them from her face. Though it was a struggle; he succeeded and was able to see her face; but that was what struck him. Her scared face…even though he remembers seeing it so many times…this actually sent a pang in his chest. She was whimpering and was trying hiding herself…he felt like a monstrous devil who had just attempted to tear her apart.

 

“Norma…I…”

 

“Wake your up!”     she suddenly said…sounding really old.

 

“What?!”    Had he heard right?

 

“Wake up!”

 

His eyes shot open and rays of light covered his sight. His mother was shoving the curtains aside; he sat up on his bed looking at her.

 

“What’s the big hurry?”   He rubbed his eyes.

 

“You’re going to see us off at the airport…”    his mother said.

 

“Why? Where are you both going now?”

 

“Yoowhan and I are going back…”

 

“What?! But you guys just arrived few days ago and Yoowhan’s vacation hasn’t even finished yet!”   

 

“I know but what is the point of the vacations if you can’t spare us the time. You will visit us once you can spare some…”     his mother sounded serious making Yoochun actually feel guilty. He sighed knowing he can do nothing now.

 

“I’ll get ready…”    he got off his bed and went to the bathroom.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyoung walked into the hall after being done with the washroom and while going ahead his sight fell on the reception. There she was shaping her nails unaware of her surroundings. Jiyoung walked to her trying to make a conversation but a serious one. She saw him approaching and already stated.

 

“No you dumb blonde I don’t wanna go out with you.”

 

“I am not here to talk about that…”    he mumbled.    “I am here to say that I will leave you alone once and for all…”   his cheeks blushed recalling the lesbian kiss…guys like lesbian kisses don’t they?    “I realized that you will never like me.”

She gaped at him for few seconds wondering what happened to the idiot. Then she realized that this was one of the tactics.

 

“Oh don’t tell me that you’re going to walk away with that sad little face when I will call you saying that I will give you a chance…never gonna happen.”     She took her eyes off him.

Jiyoung was actually hoping that was true…but too bad. He smiled meekly.

 

“No really…I know you like someone else…just didn’t expect that person.”

 

“What are you babbling about moron?”

 

“Nothing…I’ll see you later.”

He left waving his hands at her…she merely frowned then realized…had he seen all? Her eyes narrowed trying to think out a way.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jaejoong was coming out of his room to with his bag and car keys. He still hasn’t faced his mother since that fateful day. While he was walking out in the living room his eyes widened to see his mother with the visitor whom he hasn’t seen for a while.

 

“Uncle?”     he mumbled actually surprised to see him who had stood up with a smile.   

 

“Jaejoong, how are you?”    he softly asked seeing his nephew.

 

“I’m good.”    He spared a glance at his mother who refused to look at him; he looked back at his uncle.    “So you finally decided to visit.”

 

“Yeah but not for long…”    that caused a volcano to burst out in his heart. The ‘not for long’ statement really angered him. he had heard that ever since his uncle was with Jinhee.

 

“Of course, you never come here for long.”    He muttered looking away.    “I’ll be late tonight. Have a nice day both of you.”    He bowed and left the mansion trying to calm his mind. He actually wished his uncle would forever return to the mansion and fill the house.

 

Meanwhile inside the mansion, both of them had taken their seat while she spoke.

 

“I told you, he was mad. He’s been like that ever since then. I don’t know what to do.”

 

“I think it’s best if he figured this alone. Meanwhile you can spare some of your time and meet the woman and your grandson.”    He advised softly.

 

“Maybe I should…that boy should really get a woman in his life now.”

 

“Well…I do have this thinking; I hope you don’t mind though and I don’t know whether Jaejoong would like that too,”     Jisun stated.

 

“What could be so offending?”

 

“Maybe…you can get that woman into his life…”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Junsu kept working nonstop and seeing his bad mood none dared to bother him except Ae who was pretty stupid himself. He was in a bad mood because of last day’s conversation with Norma. Both his hyung and Yoochun had been behind her downfall but she won’t tell what exactly they did. Perhaps he should ask them directly. His thoughts were soon interrupted with a call.

 

“Hello.”

 

Su…”

 

“Yoochun…what do you want?”    he muttered nott liking his call during the evening.

 

I’m lonely…my family just left this morning. Care to join me for an evening date?”    somehow he really sounded lonely.

 

“Find someone else. I’m busy…”

 

“Please Su…come at La roche will you? I’ll be waiting…please. We have to talk.”

This could be his chance to find out what they did…he thought for a bit and remained silent for few seconds.

 

“Fine at 4. Don’t dare be late.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The sun was almost at its edge and Nayobi was still outside the home. She was still determined to find everything she could by today and that included to talk to this Mrs. Yami Lee. She already had the address and even though she was told by Yoori to wait for her for tomorrow but Nayobi refused. She wanted to find Norma.

 

She already let her father know that she will be late. She had arrived at the villa and paid the fare. Walking to the doorstep she rang the bell. A woman opened peeking at her.

 

“Are you Yami Lee?”

 

“Yes I am. And you are?”

Nayobi couldn’t tell that she was Yoori’s lover because Yoori’s family didn’t know about it besides Changsun; so she decided to say.

 

“You know Norma Jin…I’m her uterine sister…could you let me in?”

Mrs. Lee gaped at her not knowing what to do exactly. She held the door wide and let her in…

 

“Please take a seat.”

 

“Thank you.”    Nayobi took a seat and looked at her.    “And please don’t trouble yourself with anything.”

 

“Oh…”    taking a seat Mrs. Lee gaped at her.      “How may I be of any help then?”

Nayobi looked at her ready to say everything.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“A table for two, sir, in the couple section?”    The waitress asked looking at the men. Junsu twitched when she said ‘couple’.

 

“Do we look like a couple to you?”    Junsu snapped at her causing her to be nervous.

 

“I am sorry sir…I didn’t have any idea…”

 

“Well then you shouldn’t assume things.”

 

“Su.”    Yoochun smiled and wrapped his arm around Junsu’s shoulder.    “Calm down; it’s not her fault.”    Looking at the waitress he stated.      “Please do arrange a VIP seat for us.” 

Junsu cringed at his touch and shoved his arm away; although Yoochun didn’t bother responding to it but inside he felt a pang however he chose to ignore it. they took their seat and another waitress came for order.

 

“I’ll have a blue crab. Su what do you wanna have?”

 

“I brought my own food. I’ll have water.”

The waitress just wrote without any words and left. Yoochun looked at him with a light smile.

 

“What did you bring?”

 

“I dont know…”

Yoochun remained silent for few seconds before speaking again.

 

“Su don’t be like that.”

 

“Don’t call me that.”

Yoochun sighed; he had no idea what say to calm him down.

 

“What do you want to talk about?”    Junsu himself started bluntly.

 

“About yesterday…it’s no entirely Jaejoong’s fault.”

 

“I know…all the ty ideas come from you.”    Junsu accused.    “Tell me exactly what you guys did to her.”

 

“Didn’t she tell you?”

 

“She’s not the type to gossip around. I figured it out myself.”

 

“Hmm…”    looking at him carefully he added.    “She should have. I don’t like badmouthing myself.

 

“Don’t be a wuss and confess what you did.”

 

“What are you gonna do? Arrest me?”

 

“Maybe I would if she files against you.”    Junsu confidently answered and he seemed serious.

 

“Alright…I gave all the ideas to him to bring her down. There I confessed.”   Yoochun leaned back.

 

“Be specific.”

He sighed…Junsu was being really hard to talk to.

 

“I told Jaejoong to deprive her of her home, job and other job hunts; then I gave him the idea to separate her from her friends then Jihoon’s school…ok? Don’t blame Jaejoong.”

 

“Bastard…”

 

“No use cursing me. She was asking for it; maybe she wants Jihoon as a jackpot.”

Junsu immediately slammed on the table shocking Yoochun.

 

“Don’t you dare talk about her like that!”    

 

“Junsu…”     he looked at his eyes deeply.    “Are you in love with her?”

That got his tongue…but then he came over it and growled at him.

 

 

“Everything seems like a sick game to you…she’s my friend. I see my mother in her…you are so disgusting.”

 

“You see your mother in her? Are you serious? You are surely a gay.”

Junsu didn’t bother responding to that. The waitress soon came with their order and Junsu got his box out. Yoochun saw Junsu opening the box to reveal some foreign dish. Yoochun did not feel obliged asking and took one of the flour like bread without asking his permission but it earned him some curses. He started chewing with savor and he had to admit; this was good.

 

“Your dad is awesome…”

 

“Norma made it.”    Junsu bluntly muttered and Yoochun immediately spitted out the food on a tissue piece. Junsu chuckled seeing that.    “You’re so pathetic and obvious.”

 

“It’s disgusting what else?”

 

“No wonder your family left so soon.”    Junsu mumbled eating the food. Yoochun actually felt hurt over the comment. His family was very precious to him. He quietly ate his crab.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Mrs. Lee and Nayobi spoke about everything they knew and resolved all the matters. Now the question was where she could be.

 

“I have no idea where she is. She told me that I would be in trouble if she kept in contact with me so…”

 

“She discontinued contacting you.”    Nayobi finished.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“It’s fine; at least it’s nice that someone was helping her out when she needed it.”

 

“I wish I could help out more. Knowing that even his celebrity friend Park Yoochun was in this, really shocked me.”    Mrs. Lee added.

 

“I know…”    she wondered in her own mind; coming back to earth she stated.    “Well I should be going now.”   She stood up and walked to the door.    “I hope she would contact you again and when she does please do let me know. This is my number.”   She gave her number in a paper piece.

 

“I will…”   Mrs. Lee smiled and took the paper.

They both hoped that she would contact her somehow.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jaejoong kept thinking what to do now. For some reason this time he didn’t want Yoochun’s brilliant ideas. He kept thinking for a minute; then took out the file of Naomi. She was during her 20s and had suffered heavy traumas afterwards…he never thought of it before.

 

An idea sparked in his head…

He called in Jiyoung who came in with a goofy smile and Jaejoong noticed it.

 

“What’s with that smile?”

 

“Nothing boss. You need something?”

 

“I need you to keep an eye on Naomi Han.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“So we’re not leaving today…”

 

“Nope ultimately. Perhaps sometime later.”    Norma answered as she was brining in the mattress for Jihoon’s bed.

 

“Well what else can we do? But I would like him to visit again.”

That struck Norma big time…she wasn’t expecting that. She turned to Jihoon and cleared .

 

“Do you know who gave you that mug?”

 

“Uncle Jaejoong.”

 

“It was Junsu…”

Jihoon kept staring at her surprised himself…then getting over it he stated.

 

“No wonder it matched my taste.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________