Chapter 22-Really?

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

Chapter 22

 

June 22, 2012- Monday

Yan Financial Empire Building

10:56 A.M

 

Normal POV

 

            Yeah so if you are gonna take a look at the time, it’s already 10:56 A.M. And I guess you know what it means........JI Lin is late..........again.........Ji Lin, Ji Lin, Ji Lin...........such a good employee.........But she’s lucky enough her boss has a hidden desire for her........Xu Qi Could always forgive her of her outstanding performance...........yeah you know......people who are in love.......

 

So Ji Lin, once again was running her way towards the building, carrying such piles of papers in her arm. When she was almost near in approaching the most holy, respected door, she saw that Xu Qi’s car was almost coming. So she needs to get to his office before he will be able to see her late again and nag at her.....again.......and ......again..........and do some PDA stuffs.....again......Oh my........she’s a conservative girl so she.........you know........avoids those things to happen.

 

She looked away and quicken her pace and was about to make hold of the door, when...........another hand.........yeah you know.......the drama effect. She felt her heart pound as she looked up to see who owns the hand. It was the other guy. Dun Dun Dun Dun

 

“A-A-Alexander.....” Ji Lin muttered when she saw Alexander who was wearing a smile. A very promising smile.

 

“Good Morning Ji Lin. You must be having a hard time.” Alexander greeted as he looked at Ji Lin who was really having a hard time dealing with the things she was carrying. Ji Lin blushed and looked at the piles of paper.

 

“Uhmm.....yeah?” Ji Lin answered as she avoided Alexander’s gaze. You know......after what happened between him and Xu Qi she was feeling.......kinda awkward...........as in......spell awkward.

 

“Let me help you with those.” Alexander offered and started to get some of the papers that Ji Lin was holding.

 

“Thanks but I really need to hurry......I need to get to Xu Qi’s office before he------“

 

*BEEP* *BEEP* Oh no.......Dun Dun Dun Dun it was too late. Ji Lin what are you going to do now? Xu Qi the kissing monster is coming!

 

When Ji Lin saw Xu Qi’s car almost stopping, she immediately held Alexander’s hand and dragged him with her. They ran as fast as they can without anyone saying a word. They definitely don’t want Xu Qi to see them together right? And in a holding hands situation? Yeah.........I definitely won’t let that pass. If I will be Xu Qi, I will definitely drag ji Lin back to me and tell him that Ji Lin is a private property and he was trespassing. KEKEKE but that’s if I will be Xu Qi. But we never knew.........you know Xu Qi’s attitude right? He’s a kissing monster. Rawr. -__-

 

But.........when Ji Lin and Alexander was about to climb the stairs, Ji Lin’s papers fell on the floor. She bent down to pick it up quickly. Alexander covered her to block Xu Qi’s view making him not notice that it was Ji Lin. Wow.......nice plan the both of you.

 

“Ji Lin, you won’t make it. He’s getting out of the car. Just leave it here and I will continue to pick this up. Take the elevator.” Alexander said softly as he helped Ji Lin up. Ji Lin nodded and mouthed the word ‘thank you’ at Alexander before leaving. Alexander smiled back (you Alexander!) and continued to pick the papers up. But honestly guys........I don’t understand why Alexander is helping Ji Lin hide from Xu Qi when he can just escape with her and you know.......take chances to have such dramatic and romantic moments. Yeah right?

 

Ji Lin ran as fast as she could towards the elevator and hopped in. After a *TING* the elevator signaled and Ji Lin hurried towards Xu Qi’s office. She was about to use the spare key that she had but the door was already open. Ji Lin’s heart pounded harder than ever as she turned the doorknob and opened the door. Her eyes almost popped out from her eye sockets when she saw that Xu Qi was already in his office. He was showing his back but eventually turned around when he heard Ji Lin come inside. Ji Lin was having a jaw-drop scene.

 

“How did you---“ yeah right. Those were the only words that Ji Lin managed to say. Xu Qi let out a smirk as he faced Ji Lin and walked towards the door and locked it. Ji Lin started to feel nervous. You know. Xu Qi locked the door and they were the only people inside the office so......yeah.........she’s scared.

 

“You’re late again.” Xu Qi said with a smirk. Ji Lin took a deep breath as she started to explain. She bit her lower lip before she started speaking.

 

“I’m sorry........I---“ Xu Qi cut her when he started speaking.

 

“I’ll forgive you if you help me today.” Xu Qi said as he walked near Ji Lin. Ji Lin, because she was scared, yeah.....she continued to back off and eventually ended up accidentally falling into Xu Qi’s sofa. Yeah..........she was about to stand up when Xu Qi stopped her by pinning her two hands such that she won’t be able to move. Until a brilliant idea came across Ji Lin’s brain cells. But she wasn’t sure if this would work.

 

“X-X-Xu Qi......I know you’re........drunk and it makes you look so hot but..........can you let go of me? I am feeling kinda awkward......” Ji Lin said sheepishly. Xu Qi smirked and moved his face closer to Ji Lin’s.

 

“I know I’m hot but I am not drunk.” Xu Qi whispered in Ji Lin’s ear that gave her chills. Then Xu Qi suddenly let go of her and laughed. That made Ji Lin feel like she was being tricked by him. She frowned and started to hit Xu Qi’s arm really hard.

 

“NI! NI GEN MA! WHY ARE YOU PLAYING FOUL TRICKS ON ME! YOU MANIAC! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Ji Lin said as she continued to hit Xu Qi. Xu Qi was blocking her every move and eventually got a chance to scare her. HEHE evil Xu Qi......... +____+

 

“Eh! Stop touching me...... you know that I like you so much. If you continue touching me and hitting me like that my desires will go crazy again and you might lose ‘that’ again right now. You want that?” Xu Qi said as he smirked. Ji Lin got threatened so she immediately separated from him and silenced herself.

 

“Just help me today and go with the flow alright?” Xu Qi continued and smiled at Ji Lin. Ji Lin looked at him intently and just nodded. But she was blushing really mad. HEHE Ji LIiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!! Why don’t you just admit that you still has feelings for him! XD

 

Xu Qi walked back towards his office chair and sat down while looking at Ji Lin with a grin on his face. Ji Lin was just left on the corner standing like a statue. She was still shocked if you only know. Any moment, Alexander would arrive and give Ji Lin the papers left downstairs and might cause a fight between Xu Qi and Alexander again. Ji Lin let out a big sigh and just looked down while playing with her fingers.

 

“Babe.......” Xu Qi called Ji Lin with an evil smirk on his face. Ji Lin looked at him with a confused look with her eyes widening.

 

“S-S-Shen me? What did you just call me you kissing monster?” JI Lin confirmed as she raised her left eye brow. Xu Qi smiled and just straightened himself.

 

“Kissing monster? Pfft. Babe don’t you want to sit down right here?” Xu Qi asked teasingly as he pat his lap telling Ji Lin to sit down on his lap and yeah......you know what happened next? Yeah you’re all right. Ji Lin screamed.

 

“AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! QUIT IT YOU MANIAC!” Then she turned her back and was about to approach the door when she heard some footsteps. She looked back at Xu Qi and saw that the smile on Xu Qi’s face was gone and turned serious.

 

“Xu Qi...” Ji Lin called him. Xu Qi stood up and signaled JI Lin to come over and Ji Lin followed him. She went near him and stood beside him. Then suddenly, Xu Qi wrapped his arms on Ji Lin’s waist and drew her closer, fast enough before the door opened.  

 

*BLAG* The door opened. And a figure of a woman around on her 40’s appeared before the two of them. She looks younger than her age and she’s with a beautiful lady about Xu Qi’s age. In short, she’s a year older than Ji Lin. Body guards were also following them.

 

“Yan Xu Qi.” Uh oh

 

 

Ji Lin’s POV 

 

            I was so shocked when Xu Qi suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist. I mean like........this is not the first time that we were this close with each other but I suddenly felt my heart pound so hard. Seems like it’s going crazy. I am feeling really nervous. I can’t help it. Then I looked at Xu Qi’s expression. I can feel that he is up to something. I don’t know. Maybe he’s planning something else. Then suddenly, the door opened. And an image of an old woman and a young lady came across my sight.

 

“Yan Xu Qi.” The old woman called as she looked straight into Xu Qi’s eyes. I don’t know who she was but....... I can feel that she is connected with Xu Qi. And also.........why can I feel a hint of pain whenever I look at the young lady who was with her? I feel weird. I looked at Xu Qi’s face again. He was smirking. His ever handsome smirking face. JOKE! Forget that I said that! Erase Erase Erase! He was smirking and I can feel that he’s pulling me nearer to him.

 

“Hi mom.” Xu Qi greeted in a very cold voice with a smirk still plastered on his face. O_o It’s his mom?! Gosh! How despicable of me calling her an old woman! Why oh why?!

 

After what Xu Qi said, his mom looked at me. She looked and eyed at me head to toe.

 

“What’s the meaning of this?” His mom said with her eyebrows raised. Though her face was kinda aggelast, I can feel that she’s angry or somewhat mad. But Xu Qi just laughed. -____- weird guy.

 

“Mom, I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here without even telling me that you’re coming? I was about to go out today.” Then he looked at me with a smirk. Wow.......I don’t know what he was actually talking about.

 

After what Xu Qi said, Xu Qi’s mom looked at me. And then walked towards me. She went behind me and smelled me. She touched my hair and even poked my sides. It tickles I swear.

 

“I don’t smell bad don’t I?” I whispered at Xu Qi’s ear. He then looked at me and smiled and also whispered behind my ear that made me blush and shiver.

 

“You smell like me because we are always together.” And then he gave me a kiss on the cheek. AalfhLKFJHLKF!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy! He never fails to make me go crazy! I hate it! Now I know I look like a red tomato!

 

After what Xu Qi did, I tried to divert my focus and looked at the young lady in front of us. She looks so elegant and pretty. She got that curly silky brown hair. That y figure and those long thin legs. She’s wearing a simple bubble white dress with a matching red purse that matches her red high heels. She’s beautiful. I wonder who she is.

 

“Stop staring at her. That’s just artificial beauty. You’re still prettier.” I heard Xu Qi whisper again. I glared at him but I only saw him chuckle and gave out his most infamous smile. Gosh........I remember those days when I am not seeing Xu Qi when I was still America. There was less stress. But now that he’s back in my life, I think..............back to high school days where I need to hide myself again.

 

“Darling, are you by any chance Wu Ji Lin?” Xu Qi’s mom suddenly said out of the blue that made me so shock. And when I looked at her, she was smirking.  I nodded as an answer to her question.

 

“Oh really? Well this is Rebecca. She is Xu Qi’s fiancée.” Fiancée? Did I hear it right? She is Xu Qi’s fiancée? But......how come? I thought........he never had an affair while we were far from each other? I thought......

 

“Oh hi Rebecca.” I heard Xu Qi greet. Then I suddenly felt a sharp striking pain in my heart. I don’t know why. But........why do I suddenly feel like crying? “What are you doing here?” Xu Qi continued. He sounds so calm. I don’t understand. I am not jealous am I? I wanna run away from this situation because I know that any moment from now, my tears are going to roll down and show them how hurt I am.

 

Normal POV

 

“Xu Qi......I think I left something downstairs. I need to get it now. Excuse me.” JI Lin said softly trying to stop her tears from falling. Because we all know that she still likes Xu Qi right? But she just keep on denying it. Oh my Ji Lin......you are torturing yourself.

 

When Ji Lin was about to walk away, Xu Qi tightened his grip on JI Lin’s waist saying that he doesn’t want her to go.

 

“Stay here and be a good woman.” Xu Qi whispered sternly but softly so that his mother could not hear. Their conversation was limited so as not to let his mother nor Rebecca hear them. But Ji Lin insisted even if she was not saying anything. She was struggling uncontrollably. But Xu Qi was holding his temper and held her tightly. He whispered at Ji Lin once again.

 

“Behave and don’t make such judgments or else!” Ji Lin stopped but tears were already on her cheeks. Luckily, she didn’t tie her hair such that it was covering her face not making anybody notice that she was crying. She just remained in his arms and listened to what was happening around her. Poor Ji Lin.....

 

“Xu Qi, I’ll go straight to the point. I already know about you and that Ji Lin that you are flirting with. But I don’t care. Rebecca is willing to marry you no matter what.” Xu Qi’s mother said sternly. Ji Lin’s eyes widened when she heard what Xu Qi’s mother said. She tightened her grip on Xu Qi’s arm and looked at his face.

 

Xu Qi chuckled  and looked at Ji Lin. “You heard that babes? I am going to marry Rebecca. Do you agree?” Ji Lin was deafened with what she was hearing. She didn’t understand if Xu Qi was just trying to play another trick with her or if he was purposely making her cry. But she managed to say no.

 

“No.” Ji Lin said simply while still looking at Xu Qi. Tears continuously flowing. Xu Qi pinched her cheeks and chuckled, then looked Rebecca and mother again.

 

“I guess you heard the answer.”

 

“Xu Qi, you will get nothing from that girl! You are marrying Rebecca because I said so!” then Xu Qi’s mother tried to pull Ji Lin away from Xu Qi. But Xu Qi pulled her back. His temper was out but he managed to let out a calm face and smirked at Rebecca.

 

“Mom, are you sure Rebecca wants to marry me?” Xu Qi said in a very sarcastic voice.

 

“No matter what you do, I will never change my mind.”  Xu Qi’s mother answered sternly.

 

“How about you Rebecca? You want me?” Xu Qi asked Rebecca with a smirk on his face. Rebecca just looked at him ‘innocently’ and smiled as she nodded. Ji Lin looked down. Actually, even if I am the author here, I also don’t know what’s running on Xu Qi’s mind!

 

(A/N: Xu Qi you’re so hot! I wanna marry you!)

 

“HAHA......please don’t make me laugh mom. I tell you. No matter what you do, I am not marrying Rebecca. And I swear she wouldn’t dare marry me.” Xu Qi said jokingly but we all know that he meant what he said. Xu Qi’s mom frowned and is starting to run out of patience.

 

“Then tell me why?! Is it because of that uncompetitive woman? Oh come on darling you wouldn’t want to trade Rebecca for that woman. Take your life seriously. She can’t even give you a child! ” Xu Qi’s mom said in full confidence as she glared at Ji Lin. Ji Lin just looked away because she was aware that Xu Qi’s mom doesn’t want her. But Xu Qi hugged her tighter that made her feel a bit at ease. Woohoo!!!!!! Go Xu Qi!

 

“Reason? You want a reason? Well I guess Rebecca wouldn’t want to marry a man who  is already married and already spent a night with another woman.” Xu Qi said with a smirk. Ji Lin’s eyes widened with what she heard. Also Xu Qi’s mom and Rebecca. They were stunned. Who wouldn’t right?

 

( I hope nobody forgets that Xu Qi and JI Lin had a one-night stand with each other. But the married stuff? I am innocent about that. I am definitely clueless with what Xu Qi was saying!  )

 

“W-W-What did you just said? You had a one-night stand? With that girl?” Xu Qi’s mother confirmed with her face left scattered and in the verge of disbelief.

 

A/N: Oh no! Xu Qi is already married?! With whom?! I can’t believe this! I never remembered writing about Xu Qi and another girl getting married with each other.

 

“You’re already married?” Rebecca said and then looked at Ji Lin who was also shocked with she heard.

 

“Married? You’re already married? Xu Qi......with whom are you married?” Ji Lin asked in great disbelief. Xu QI just winked at her and placed his arms around her shoulder.

 

“Oh come on babe why are you denying? Aren’t you proud?  Am I not handsome enough for you?” Xu Qi said with a smirk on his face while he was facing Ji Lin. But what he said was loud enough for his mother and Rebecca to hear. Ji Lin was shocked and honestly, she looked like this. O__________________________________0  Ji Lin blinked for a million times to check if she was dreaming. But she was not. 

 

“I am?” Ji Lin questioned Xu Qi. But instead of answering her, Xu Qi just gave her a kiss on the lip as a  ‘yes’. HOW SWEET!!!!!!!!!! and HOW HOT!!!!!!!

 

“Well mom, if you have nothing more to ask, then I guess me and my wife should go now. We are supposed to have a date.”

 

After that, Xu Qi left with a victorious smile on his face. But as for Ji Lin? She looks like this. *___________________________* She didn’t know how to react, but she also didn’t know if she should be happy or sad.

 

            Xu Qi and Ji Lin went out of the building hand in hand and miraculously Ji Lin was not being so.............movy or should I say.......she was not struggling to escape this time. She just remained in Xu Qi arms with a comfortable feeling. Then after a moment, a blue convertible stopped in front of them. A body guard went outside the car and gave the key to Xu Qi then bowed and left. Xu Qi opened the car and led Ji Lin inside then after that, he also went inside.

 

            While both of them were inside the car, JI Lin stared at Xu Qi. I think she was not yet able to move on the things she heard. Because look at what happened to her. She rushed towards Xu Qi’s office and was shocked knowing that he was already there, then she got scared with Xu Qi’s actions, then she cried when she heard that Xu Qi had a fiancée, then she got shocked again knowing that she is already married. In which me, the author herself, didn’t even know when I wrote that they were married. I only wrote that they got a one-night stand but I never wrote that they married each other.

 

“Xu Qi, we’re married? Are you serious or that was just---“ But before Ji Lin was able to finish her sentence, Xu Qi silenced her with a kiss. A long, soft, passionate kiss. At first she was just stunned feeling Xu Qi’s kisses but still...........she ended up replying to him. She placed her arms around his neck and pulled him closer but please people..................no rated imaginations. Please. They are just kissing that’s all. Dirty minded people shall eat a thousand needles.     

 

After a couple of minutes, Xu Qi broke the kiss and stared at Ji Lin with a smile on his face and answered her question.

 

“Yes we are.” Ji Lin let out a confused look.

 

“Since when?” Xu Qi chuckled and pinched Ji Lin’s nose.

 

“So you really have to know?” Ji Lin frowned and hit Xu Qi on the arm.

 

“Of course! What if you are just playing  a trick on me?!” Ji lin screamed that made Xu Qi laugh.

 

“You were the one’s who signed it. You signed it together with the papers and the certifications that I gave you about your service in the company. I was lucky you didn’t read everything.” Then Xu Qi kissed Ji Lin’s forehead and continued laughing then placed his seatbelt on. While as for Ji Lin........-----> #________________# Yeah she looked like this. And after that............they drove away...........

 

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

            WWWAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was tricked?! Why?! Anybody remember when did I sign those papers? Anybody?! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don’t remember! Oh gosh now how should I face the world now?!

 

I AM MARRIED WITH XU QIIIIIIIIIII??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Wait...........I can’t even have a flashback with what happened! Now how should I know?! We’re married?! We’re legally married?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

HUHUHUUUU.........................now how should I face GuiGui now? Oh why oh world.................DAMN THIS GUY! +_____+

 

            But what should I do? Even if I wanted to strangle him right now, He is always been stronger than me.........oh life..........KILL ME NOW! KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH WHY AM I ALWAYS BEING HARRASSED BY THIS GUY???????????????????? T__________T WHY DID I EVER FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

 

            But seriously guys.........I really don’t know when I signed those papers..........but why am I so stupid for not reading it before signing it?! Oh what do you expect from this clever guy........I think he even calculated the number of seconds that I signed that paper.........such a genius. But still~! And.............where is he taking me?! Oh god please help me! I hope I don’t get for the second time around!!!!!!!!!! That would totally ! I wonder if he drugged me the time I signed those papers..............that guy..........he sure was desperate............psh.....

 

Normal POV

 

After 2 hours of travelling, Xu Qi and Ji Lin arrived in front of a private cemetery. Xu Qi woke Ji lin up.

 

“Babe.......we’re here.” Ji lin opened her eyes and saw Xu Qi’s smiling face. She blushed but she looked away to hide her ever blushing  face.

 

“Where are we?” Ji Lin asked as she wandered her eyes the moment they went out of the car.

 

“We’re in the cemetery.” Xu Qi answered plainly but with a hint of sadness in his voice.

 

Ji Lin just nodded her head and followed Xu Qi who started walking inside the cemetery. Then they ended up in front of the tomb with the name ‘Yan Fang Ri’

 

“Xu Qi.......who is Yan Fang Ri?” Ji Lin asked as she tugged Xu Qi’s arm. Xu Qi looked at her with a serious face.

 

“She’s my sister. Fang Xi’s twin. Her last wish was if ever I get married someday, I should let her know first before anyone else in the family.”

 

Ji Lin’s  POV

 

Twin? I never knew Fang Xi has a twin. But....honestly.........the thought of Xu Qi bringing me in front of the tomb of his dead sister makes me feel.............so important to him. Even though I really didn’t remember me, signing wedding papers. Damn it. I feel so stiff right in front this tomb.

 

But hearing Xu Qi starting to talk to his sister.......................

 

“Mei.........this is Ji Lin...........she is my wife. I hope you feel happy for us. I am now not indebted to you. I hope you are happy wherever you are right now. I miss you. GeGe misses you so much.”

 

Aww........ I never saw this side of Xu Qi. But.,..........gaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I am really bothered with the marriage stuff...........although I know what Xu Qi said in front of the tomb was sincere, I still feel..............uncomfortable..........who won’t right?  After all that has happened? Probably you would prefer to stand in front of the mirror and break it just by merely smiling.

 

“You look cute.” Was all that I muttered but it was loud enough for him to hear. He looked at me with a wondering face.

 

“What?”  I shrugged my shoulders and then answered him back with a teasing smile on my face.

 

“I never have seen you look so sincere.” He then laughed with what I said. But honestly..........what’s funny huh? I am being serious here dude.

 

“Yeah right.” He placed his right arm around my shoulder. “Should we get going?” then he winked at me. Gosh...........those eyes,..........still haven’t changed......still melts me!!!!!!!!!

 

I crinkled my forehead and acted as if I was emotionless.

 

“To where?” but he just smirked and walked away.