Chapter 7- To Decide If I Have To

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

 

 

Chapter 7

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

            Now what...... I am so going to die for the whole span of time that I will be working for him. Who won’t right? You tried so hard to forget him and even spent 6 years far from your family and friends just to forget him, and when you came back, your parent’s company cracked down and you are left with no choice but to work for another company and your boss is going to be that guy whom you tried so hard to forget in the past?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s awesomely annoying!!!!!!!!!! And now the memories keeps on flooding inside my brain non-stop!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EFFORTS OF SPENDING MY 6 LONELY, PAINFUL YEARS WAS GONE TO WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Well, anyways, I have no other choice. I want to save our company and not disappoint my mom. It’s too much. I just can’t stand in this room in blank thoughts. I need to move......now.......or else........uhmm.......I will get kicked out?.........I don’t know.........GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH that ! Getting fired on your first day? That---- is---- so---- ridiculous. Oh well.....the paper slave has to perform her paper works........(damn it)

 

Normal POV

 

            After moments of deep thoughts and standing dramas, Ji Lin let out a big sigh and started to move. She walked towards Xu Qi’s table and began to rummage in it. Then, she took a hold of those thick bounded papers above his table. (It was awesomely thick.......I tell you) She skimmed among those papers and then stopped at the middle portion when a picture fell down. She leaned and picked up the picture.

 

A/N: The picture has Xu Qi and a cute little boy in it.

 

“Who’s this kid?” Ji Lin muttered as she stared at the little boy beside Xu Qi in the picture.

 

“Who are you? And what are you doing in the president’s room?” a certain voice interrupted Ji Lin from her thoughts. Ji Lin stood up and looked around while hiding the picture behind her back, to confirm if someone was indeed there. Then, when she turned to her left side, she saw a woman of her age. (maybe a bit older) She wandered her eyes and tried to make out an answer.

 

“Uhmm....I-I-I was assigned to take these papers and send it to....”

“Liar....why would the president need to take it again if he already received it yesterday? To tell you, I was the one who sent it to him yesterday.”

“ALL OF THIS?!”

“Yeah.....(with a so-what look on her face)now tell me, are you a burglar? Thief?”

“NO! You got it wrong.....I am...”

“Oh now I get it.....you are the new employee here because your company cracked right?”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Just what’s wrong with this girl?! Is she aiming for a fight?! I know our company is going down but she has nothing to do about that! She shouldn’t have said it aloud!

 

Normal POV

 

“Y-y-yeah...” Ji Lin answered in a stuttering way.

“Oh well, what are you still doing here? The president needs you at the meeting right now. Why are you still standing there?”

“But he never said something about that....”

“Yeah whatever.....He didn’t mention or you didn’t listen?”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

*face pound!* She is somehow right. When Xu Qi was blabbering in front of me, I was only staring at him the whole time. But.........wait...........(rewinding all the events)..........I really didn’t remember Xu Qi mentioning about a meeting........OH well......no work except for paper works..........

 

Normal POV

 

“I’m sorry Miss, but I didn’t really heard Xu Qi mention about a meeting....”

“Watch your tongue will you? Don’t just call him that! Call him Mr. President...”

“ Oh yeah.....”

“For your information, the last secretary was fired because she was absent minded and slow in catching orders.”

“Really? Is she really that slow?”

“No, not really. She was just mesmerized by the boss’ face.”

“But I thought you just switched presidents yesterday?”

“Yes, and I am not talking about a secretary in this company. I am talking about the original company secretary.”

“Oh......(now what?)”

“What’s with that expression?! Go and the president with the meeting!”

“Yeah yeah I got it......(with a yeah-you’re-the-boss-for-now expression.)”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

Geez! Why does she have to shout?! And.......why do I have to help Xu Qi? He’s genius right? He’s the type of person that masters everything in any field that he enters. Even the soccer field remember? He’s extremely confident and doesn’t stutter when in front of executives and business personnel. Why is that girl so worried?! Oh well.......maybe it’s just because she doesn’t know Xu Qi that much. Unlike me (looks up the ceiling with a like-a-boss look on her face). Anyways, we live on the present now and not on the past. Maybe he committed some change for the past years that I am gone. Well......seems like I really have to familiarize these papers before I ‘help’ my ‘boss’. Paper slave on duty......(sigh) curse this life!!!!!

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin was busy scanning and reading all those papers in her hands when, somebody bumped her..........Dun Dun Dun Dun  

 

“Ouch!”

 

Ji Lin muttered as papers scatter all over the place. She looked up and saw a very scary looking old lady. Ji Lin stood up and apologized but the old lady just stared at her unwillingly while saying some freaking lines.

 

“When you work here, be fast enough to cope up with the needs of the young president, and be careful not to step over the line.”

 

“Excuse me? But........what are you trying to say?”

“The meeting’s about to start. You are supposed to be there 26 minutes ago.”

“Really?! Well.........thanks for the reminder..... I’ll be going now!”

 

Ji Lin ran as fast as she could with the pile of papers in her arms. She almost tripped at the middle of her long run but, luckily, she managed to balance herself. She made a great turn on the left, then to right, then to the left again, then to the right, then up! Wait....joke! no upward direction! LOL..... Anyways, she reached the meeting room and she stood outside the door panting, and almost on her knees. She took one short breath (because she was still panting) as she pushed the door hard and went inside. The moment she went inside, everybody was like...... o_0.....yeah just like that.......awkward silence welcomed her as she went inside. Silence almost killed her when she heard a voice from a particular side of the room.....

 

“Come here! I am here waiting for you.....” Xu Qi called her with a smirk on his face as he pat his lap.

 

Ji Lin froze as everybody (old men, business personnel, etc.) began to smile teasingly at her. She walked towards Xu Qi and stood beside him. Then, the meeting started. But she heard Xu Qi mumble something.

 

“What took you so long?”

“You never told me about a meeting.”

“I did.... Didn’t you hear me?”

“No......sorry...”

“I should have known......you just wanted to stare at me right?”

“Of course not!”

“Yes you do Ms. Secretary. (smirk)”

 

“*Clears throat* Excuse me young president but are you still interested in listening to my proposal? Or are you more interested to your secretary?”

 

The business man in front of them asked. He was busy discussing and blabbering about proposals and stuff but seems like Xu Qi only listens to Ji Lin so he decided to stop and ask him for a while....

 

“Well........I have already read your proposal last night and actually......I already got your point....... and I got bored by your presentation today but........your proposal was good and to make it fair, I will accept it......but if you still want to continue on blabbering, you can always do that. (smile)”

“Really Young president? You’re accepting it?!”

“Yeah.........so..........you can leave all the other details with the other personnel. I am leaving now.....(stand up and looks at Ji Lin) Give it all to them and sign the forms......I’ll wait for you outside.”

“Y-y-y-ou“

“I will take that as a yes....Please do hurry, I don’t want to wait again....”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Wow..........Even if Xu Qi acts a bit weird at times, and cold at times too, why do I feel so comfortable when I am with him? GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH and his last sentence..........why am I thinking that the last line of his sentence has a double meaning?! WEIRD JI LIN! WEIRD!   

 

Xu Qi’s POV

 

(smirk) That Ji Lin still didn’t change after all these years. And I thought she totally forgot about me, but she didn’t. I thought she went to America to move on but, seems like she was not successful on her little plan. Now let’s see how far did she manage to move on.....

 

Normal POV

 

Xu Qi waited for Ji Lin outside the door for a couple of minutes. When she finally went out of the room, Xu Qi smiled at her before he held her hand. Ji Lin’s eyes widened when she saw what Xu Qi did.

 

“Wh----“

“What? Is it bad to hold you this way?”

“N-n-no but----“

“Then if no, follow me.....”

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll know it later on....”

“But office hours is already done....aren’t you supposedly be taking your lunch now?”

“Are you dictating me? (as-if-angry tone of voice)”

“n-n-no....”

“Very well....”

 

Xu Qi tugged Ji Lin with him. They continued to walk with Xu Qi not removing his hand from Ji Lin’s. They went inside the elevator. Xu Qi just acted like holding Ji Lin’s hand was nothing; while as for Ji Lin, she was panicking and her heart was racing. Now, Ji Lin’s limit was out so she tried to break the silence.

 

“Xu Qi......where are we going?”

“Shut up or I will silence you.....”

“Silence? How are you going to silence me?”

“You know how I do it right?”

“Do what?”

“You can’t possibly forget how I kissed you right?”

“You!------Y-“

“Yeah I’ll kiss you if you don’t shut up get it? So just shut your mouth okay?”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Damn this guy! Why is he so ever conceited?! And with his attitude, he really means what he says. Unlucky for me for he’s my boss! Just you watch out Xu Qi! The day will eventually come and I will really take revenge on you!

 

Normal POV

 

 *Ting* the elevator door opened and both of them went out still hand in hand. Xu Qi brought Ji Lin to the parking area where he parked his car *duh! You can’t park a train in there you know!* At first, Ji Lin hesitated if she should get inside or turn away and have a ‘runaway bride’ effect. In the end, she still ended riding inside Xu Qi’s super cool and luxurious car. Oh Yeah!*I wish I was Ji Lin! I get to ride in a very cool car! LOL!* Anyways, yeah, so they were in the car together for more than 5 hours without saying anything. In short, there was an awkward silence....for 5 hours.........IMAGINE THAT!

 

“We’re here....” Xu Qi finally said as he turned to Ji Lin who was constantly staring at him since he started driving a while ago. And..........Ji Lin didn’t seem to hear him.

“Am I non-existent? Xu Qi asked with a plain expression on his face. Then, Ji Lin snapped out and went back to reality.

“Uhmm....did you say something?” Ji Lin said as she tried to act normal.

“No nothing I just said that we are already here.” Xu Qi said with a sigh and a depressed look on his face.

“Oh....really.....”

 

Xu Qi went out of the car and opened the other side for Ji Lin. The moment Ji Lin went out from the car, her face was like....o_0.....Yeah she was too mesmerized when she saw the scenario.....

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

The moment that Xu Qi opened the door for me, I felt awkward and....you know a bit flattered..........Joke! I was not flattered actually. I was really feeling awkward the whole time that I am with him and when we were alone inside his car but when I saw the place where he took me..............I was like...........having a jaw drop scene! I think I was gonna drool due to astonishment!

 

The place was a flower garden full of different types of flowers.*Duh! You can’t expect them to breed apples and rice there you know!* It was really beautiful. The roofs where the light sensitive flowers are placed were made from special types of glass. It looks so luxurious and I bet they own this garden.

 

“Why did you take me here?”

“Well.......you will make an inventory here....”

“INVENTORY?! WITH ALLTHESE FLOWERS? I HAVE TO COUNT THEM ONE BY ONE?!”

“Yup.....you’re a secretary anyways....”

 

Damn it! I thought he was beginning to be the sweet Xu QI again but I guessed it wrong! He was the usual demonic Xu Qi I know! I should have known! I thought he brought me here for some private reasons but all it was because of business purposes?! My first day as his secretary is really having a bad start! Should I quit now?!

*Ji Lin’s conscience number 1*

Yes! Quit! Imagine your 6 years! 6 years of trying to forget him! You will get nothing if you work with him! It will only regain your feelings for him and cause chaos! Do you want your family to suffer?!

*Ji Lin’s conscience number 2*

No! Don’t go! You will miss his face! I tell you!

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stop with all those conscience stuff! Quitting in this job is a ridiculous idea! Damn it! I should really strangle that Xu Qi and hide his corpse and......

 

“Wu Ji Lin..... why are you staring at blank space?”

“X-Xu Qi.........do I really have to count all the flowers here?”

“ (laughs at Ji Lin and pokes her forehead) Silly! You actually believed me? Of course no.... why would I let my ex-girlfriend do that?”

 

Whoah!!!!!!!!!! Ex-girlfriend?! (rewinds everything that happened) Oh yeah I forgot.....I was the one who broke up with him.....Aiyo.......I guess breaking up with him before was a bad idea...........Oh well........but it already happened in the past and you can’t change it anymore........If only I could change the whole thing..........WAAAAAAAAAITTTT!!!!!!! WHY AM I REGRETTING?! I SHOULD NOT REGRET! THOU SHALL NOT REGRET!

 

“If not, then what are we doing here?”

“I need to tell you something.........follow me for a while.....”

 

Wow.........he was kinda serious this time..............what is he going to tell me?

 

Normal POV

 

            Xu Qi walked away with Ji Lin following behind him. They walked and walked until they reached the end part of the flower garden where you could clearly see the sunset..... Xu Qi cleared his throat and begun to speak.

 

“Wu Ji Lin.........how do you find me today? Am I being good to you?”

“That..........well..............yes....of course you are.......(smiles brightly)”

“Good......because I don’t know when will this last.......”

“last? What last?”

“Me.......being good to you.........”

“Why?”

“because actually........I am mad at you...........”

“M-m-mad?”

“Yeah....will you forgive me for that?”

“I can’t blame you if you do that............”

“If today I am being good to you, I don’t know how will I act to you the next few days.......it may change in a good or bad way. So...........”

“So?”

“To make it easier on your part........please forget that we know each other. From now on, you will be an ordinary secretary to me, that follows anything I say...”

“But why do I have to forget that we know each other?”

“That was what you wanted before right? And even until now......I am helping you.......”

 

Xu Qi turned his back and walked away, leaving Ji Lin standing in there with a tear escaping from her eye....... She then snapped out to reality and looked at the sunset as she mumbled something........

 

“Xu Qi.........is that what you really wanted to happen? Ji Lin....is this what you really wanted? But I never intended to totally forget about Xu Qi from the start......... Why does this hurt twice than before?”

 

Xu Qi’s POV

 

Ji Lin...........as for now.........I am still uncertain of what I feel towards you......... please forgive me......but as of now.......I shall not place an end to my sentences and statements.

 

A/N: YOU KNOW GUYS *IF I STILL HAVE READERS OUT THERE* XU QI AND JI LIN’S LOVE STORY IS SO COMPLICATED......MORE COMPLICATED THAN A SUDOKU PUZZLE......I TELL YOU......THE LAST TIME I TRIED SOLVING A SUDOKU PUZZLE, *THE EASIER ONE* IT TOOK ME ALMOST 3 HOURS TO SOLVE IT AND YET I DIDN’T MANAGE TO GET IT RIGHT........IN THE END, I THREW THE SUDOKU BOARD,PAPER,.........WHATEVER YOU CALL THAT BOOKLET FULL OF ANNOYING SUDOKU PUZZLES AGAINST THE WALL AND.......SHOUT ALL AROUND THEN.......WENT TO THE KITCHEN AND EAT...........YEAH I DID THAT.......SO AS YOU SEE GUYS, XU QI IS NOW KINDA CONFUSED IF HE SHOULD LOVE JI LIN AGAIN OR PRESENT A WALK OUT EFFECT AND JUST ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED AND GO TO SOMEWHERE AND WHEN SOMEBODY ASKS HIM “DID YOU BREAKUP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND?” HE WOULD JUST ANSWER THAT QUESTION LIKE “NO I DIDN’T BREAK UP WITH HER I JUST MADE AN ASSEMBLE DOWN WITH HER.” SO......I DON’T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN SO I GUESS I SHOULD REALLY DECIDE WHETHER THEY SHOULD END UP TOGETHER OR ..........LET JI LIN REMAIN AS ALONE SO AS WITH XU QI AND LIVE SADLY EVER AFTER.......JOKE! THE TRUTH IS.........I AM FOLLOWING AN EPIC FAIL STORY LINE.........AND I MADE THAT STORY LINE......SO IT MEANS I AM EPIC TOO......NOT ONLY EPIC.....EPICALLY TREMENDOUS........TREMENDOUSLY EPIC.......WHATEVER.......I KNOW I AM SUCH A HORRIBLE STORY WRITER.......ANYWAYS.......BYE!. :)