Chapter 11- I Hate it when you leave beacuse of me

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

Chapter 11

Same day
GuiGui’s House
8:50 P.M

Normal POV

GuiGui arrived in their house minutes after her mom arrived from her work. GuiGui took a deep breath before she entered her house. Ji Lin on the other hand was already ready waiting for GuiGui in the living room. When GuiGui finally went inside, Ji Lin looked at her with a smile. GuiGui bowed her head down and greeted her mom. Then, Ji Lin asked something to GuiGui.

“Gui, who gave those earrings?” Ji Lin asked with a blank expression on her face. GuiGui’s eyes widened and touched her new earrings, then blushed.

“U-U-Uh....................Aaron.......why?” GuiGui answered her mom stuttering and avoiding gazes.

“Nothing......looks good on you........Does it have any meaning?” Ji Lin asked teasingly.

“Yeah.....He said it was a thank you........” GuiGui answered plainly in a monotonous tone of voice.

“Thank you for what?” Ji Lin asked with a hint of curiousness in her voice.

“For spending the whole day with him............I don’t really know but that’s what he told me....”

“Oh~..........Okay take your shower, eat your dinner and prepare to go to sleep.”  Ji Lin instructed GuiGui the moment she heard her daughter’s explanation. GuiGui nodded and prepared to turn away when a sudden question hit her and directly asked her mom about it.

“Mom, what does a kiss symbolize?” GuiGui asked plainly.

“Well........when a guy kisses you........maybe he likes you or something like that. Why? Did someone kiss you?” Ji Lin asked with a did-Aaron-kiss-you look on her face. GuiGui fell silent for a moment and blushed then shook her head and lied to her mom.

“No- Nothing.... it just happened that I kissed a stray dog a while ago.....that’s all.”

“OOOOhhhhhhh~ so you like the dog?”  Ji Lin replied with an unconvinced look.

“Yeah kinda’......Alright! I’m now going mom!”

“Is my daughter sick? Why would she kiss a random dog on the streets?” Ji Lin whispered to herself when GuiGui turned away.


September 26,2005- Monday
Duan Yi, Private School, Taipei Taiwan
7:05 A.M

Normal POV

GuiGui started to walk towards their classroom. She had this strong feeling that something weird is going to happen; but she just ignored it and...........continued her pace. Yeah just like that. When she stepped her foot on the classroom’s floor, she was welcomed by total awkward silence. She was used to this aura but.........it’s different than what she receives every day. She looked around.....the boys are there (they should make noise).....the girls are there and Aaron is already here..........(the girls should be squealing and very noisy right now.)....Fei Ren is here.......(she should be blabbering by now).......

“What’s wrong with everybody?!” GuiGui thought as she proceeded walking towards her seat. The moment when she took her seat, Aaron told her something.

“Did you like my present?” Aaron asked her coldly without even looking at her, reading his book.

“Oh .........well....yes. I liked it...........Thanks..........”

“Good.”

“Eh......why do you talk like it’s your last day here on earth yesterday?” GuiGui asked in a joking manner.

“Because it ‘is’ my last stay here in Taipei.” Aaron answered plainly, while emphasizing the word ‘is’.

“It is?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? And besides.....you only stayed here for like days and........”

Aaron looked at GuiGui. GuiGui didn’t  even manage to finish her sentence because she walked out of the classroom. Aaron wanted to follow her but......he decided not to. The whole morning period of class, GuiGui was not there. Fei Ren was also really worried. She knew that GuiGui never skips class without any very important reason. And Fei Ren saw how GuiGui reacted with what Aaron told her. And it was Fei Ren who unknowingly scattered the news that Aaron is leaving Taipei the next day. (Please don’t blame her. She just overheard some gossips and she got really shocked that she accidentally shouted the whole statement out and made everybody know about it. When her other classmates heard this, they got sad and that’s why when GuiGui arrived, everybody was silent.)

Fei Ren’s POV

Oh my! I shouldn’t have done that! Stupid mouth! (slaps mouth) Now what! Everybody knew about it and even GuiGui can’t take it! I wonder what happened to GuiGui after what Aaron told her. She was like......... MISSING FOR THE WHOLE MORNING! I hope she didn’t stayed in the rooftop and jump from there! NNNNooooooo! Or worse!..........What if she hang herself in a tomato tree?! Oh that would be too horrible! (Guys, a tomato tree is only like........ as tall as the distance from your foot until the half of your leg.) *Dude, I never heard of a person who died because she hanged herself in a tomato tree.....nice imagination Fei Ren! You will be the first ever person who will die because she hanged herself in a tomato tree. XD*

GuiGui’s POV

What did Aaron just say a while ago? It’s his last day here in Taipei today? But why did he not tell me yesterday?! No wonder he wanted to have fun so badly. But why is he leaving tomorrow?! What’s the reason why?! And.........how could he say those things so easily?.........and........Why did I react that  way and I even skipped morning classes?........This life totally ......It’s not like I will miss him or what.......I was just shocked. Yesterday, we were happy playing in the amusement park and the next day he’s already leaving?! That ! Really.......

~That night~

Normal POV

GuiGui went home earlier than usual; and an unusual caller also called unusually. GuiGui picked up the phone and there she----

“Hello! Gui! Why didn’t you attend any class?!” Fei Ren yelled

“N-nothing.” GuiGui replied sadly.

“I told you! You were affected because you like him!”

“No I don’t.”

“ Fine, fine deny it to death or what but please! You don’t have to skip classes because you got scared that I might tease you because I caught the two of you yesterday. I don’t want that....” Fei Ren retorted squeakily.

“No....I didn’t use that as a reason............what did you call for?”

“Uhmmmm......hehe......my dad he........”

“Your dad what?”

“My dad is one of Aaron’s dads trusted assistant or should I say collaboration.....---“

“Say what you want Fei Ren........I’m tired.”

“Well.........since Aaron’s dad can’t make it to send him to the airport, he asked my dad to do it.....and I am going there too.....I will be with him when he leaves! And I’m not going if you’re not going.”

“What?! I’m going?!”

“Aww~ come on! You’re just gonna go with me you know! It’s not a big deal.”

“AAAAAAnd........what are you going to do if I won’t go?”

“Hmmm......planning not to go eh?......Well....aside from not going there, I will also tell my dad to tell Aaron that you will miss him and that you don’t want him to go, and you are begging him to go back to you, and you cried the whole night because he’s leaving, and----“ Fei Ren enumerated as she counted them with her fingers.

“Hao  Hao Hao! I will go.......just don’t tell him those creepy things that you just said.....”

“Deal! I promise I will not tease you!”

“Yeah whatever........Cut your crap and I’m now dropping this conversation.”

“Okay......you always do that.....”

“Bye King Kong.”
 

September 27, 2005- Tuesday
Outside Aaron’s House (outside the gate to be specific)
9:03 A.M

Normal POV

GuiGui and Fei Ren stood outside Aaron’s house with their mouths wide open and their eyes..........seems like popping out from their eye sockets. Fei Ren is rich as you all know but still.........she was shocked on how big Aaron’s house was. To describe it, Aaron’s house looks like the smaller version of the White House in Washington. So........obviously you would really be shocked if you could encounter that house.

“Fei Ren........do you often come here with your father?” GuiGui asked still shocked.

“Ni Ben Dan! Do you think I would be as shocked as you if I often come here?!”

“I know he’s rich but............I never expected him to be as rich as this...........”

“Hey........why are the two of you here?” A cold voice came out from nowhere. GuiGui and Fei Ren snapped out then turned their heads. But they saw nobody. GuiGui looked up and saw Aaron on the balcony, leaning and looking at them with a plain expression on his face. *you know....as I was writing this story, I felt like I was making Aaron act like an aggelast  person. You know.......people who doesn’t usually smile or give emotions at all.* GuiGui frowned when he saw Aaron already dressed up to go, but she acted like it was nothing.

“Ni! You pig head jerk! Are you leaving or not?! Would you hurry and not move like a slug!” GuiGui yelled.

“I said, ‘what are you doing here?’” Aaron repeated his question.

“Damn you jerk! What are we supposed to do here?! Of course were are here to send you to the airportsdfkjskjfhaskdf” GuiGui blabbered, but she was yelling at Aaron and the guards, the maids, and the butlers were already glaring, ready to attack her if any insulting words came out from about Aaron again. So............Fei Ren covered .

“What Martian language are you speaking?”

“Aaron, what she wanted to say was hurry down and you’ll get late for your flight!”Fei Ren covered GuiGui.

“Whatever....” Aaron muttered and prepared to go down with Butler Lee waiting for him at the foot of the staircase. Butler Lee carried Aaron’s things and proceeded outside with Aaron, where everybody is awaiting for his quick leave. Aaron started to walk towards the car but stopped for a moment when he passed by GuiGui and whispered something with a smirk on his face.

“I thought you don’t want me to leave.” He whispered softly in GuiGui’s ears, and then continued walking. I assume that Fei Ren heard what he said. It was loud enough for her supersonic hearing to be able to hear what Aaron said. When GuiGui heard what he said, she froze for a second but eventually gave out a glare at Fei Ren.

“I thought we made a great promise!” GuiGui argued with Fei Ren. But their voices were not that loud for everyone to hear.
“We did! But it was about that tease thingy you know! I didn’t mention about this not telling my dad anymore.” Fei Ren fought back.

“You did! You said that if I go with you, you won’t tell him those creepy things!’

“I didn’t!”

“You did!”

“Ok fine! I said it or not, still. Promises are meant to be broken.” Fei Ren said as she stuck her tongue out.

“Ni! N---“ GuiGui was cut when Fei Ren’s father called both of them to ride inside the car for they were about to follow Aaron’s car. (Aaron already left when they started to argue.) They went inside the car and started to follow Aaron’s car. *wow.....lots of car words*

~Inside the car~

“Uncle, why is Aaron leaving?” GuiGui asked with a hint of sadness in her voice. Fei Ren settled and decided to let GuiGui talk and not bother her first.

“Well, didn’t Selina tell you why?”

“Dad! Don’t call me that name!” Fei Ren yelled.

“What?” his father asked innocently.

“I didn’t tell her dad. Tell her yourself.” Fei Ren said with a serious tone of voice as she looked at GuiGui.

“Alright.......He is leaving because he is going to have a treatment in America. His asthma got even worse so his dad decided to send him to America for his treatment. Why do you ask?”

“oh........nothing.......” GuiGui replied as she bowed her head down and fell silent the whole time that she was in that car. Even when they got out and was already in the airport. She was still silent. She just changed her aura when she heard Fei Ren talk about something that really triggers her ears.

“Eh! Aaron is now leaving! GuiGui! Can you hear me?!” Fei Ren yelled in her ears. GuiGui snapped out and looked around and found Aaron in front of her standing with a smirk on his face.

GuiGui’s POV

How could he act so cool when in fact, he is feeling pain within his body? This jerk.......why does he have to hide it? He should have just told me about that.

Normal POV

“Y-yeah” GuiGui stuttered. She could feel tears starting to form around her eyes but she managed to act like it was nothing.

“Uh! Cold persons as you all know! Aren’t you even saying goodbye to him?” Fei Ren asked as she grabbed their hands wanting to them to have shake hands. Yeah!

“Goodbye.” GuiGui managed to say.

“That’s all?! Why in the world are you all acting like this?! So silent eh! No goodbye kiss?!” Fei Ren pouted as she crossed her arms. GuiGui’s eyes widened and then the scene when Aaron kissed her forehead flashed in her mind. She froze for a second.

“I already gave her one.” Aaron said with a smirk. GuiGui looked up blushing. Fei Ren stared at them unsatisfied.

“So? It was yesterday! Not now and---“ Fei Ren was cut by the announcement about their flights.

“All passengers heading towards America, you only have a few minutes before the airplane leaves. Please proceed now and we will take off after 5 minutes.”

Aaron shrugged his shoulders And let out a big sigh as he went nearer and nearer to GuiGui. When he was near enough, he gave GuiGui a hug then muttered something.

“That was my cue. I will be going now. Thank you for all the good things that you taught me and to all the fun experiences that you shared with me.” GuiGui closed her eyes as she listened to Aaron’s words and hugged him back. Aaron broke the hug and turned his back then walked away. But before he totally disappeared from GuiGui’s sight, he gave her a wink and finally left.

“Wow.........that was so sweet! Do you admit now?” Fei Ren asked teasingly while still being electrocuted.

“Shut up.....Let’s go home now....” GuiGui retorted back.

GuiGui’s POV

It was my fault after all. It was my one and only fault. His sickness developed even more because of me. Because of Ao Quan’s dare.  Because he doesn’t want anybody to sacrifice. He went farther than his limits. And eventually sacrificed himself. He is not the pig head jerk. I was the pig head jerk for purposely involving a very responsible person in my problems. I was the one who caused it all.  I was the reason why such a wonderful person like him would have to leave.

~GuiGui’s House~

Normal POV

GuiGui walked inside their house blank and looking depressed. Ji Lin, who was about to leave for her work, saw her daughter’s condition and got worried. *Dude! GuiGui walks like a zombie you know! What mom in the world wouldn’t worry about that?! Probably only my mom. She gets used to my zombie like attitude. My mom is an exemption alright.* Ji Lin called GuiGui but she didn’t answer. She saw her daughter’s teary eyes that made her heart ache so much. She never wanted to let her daughter cry. She doesn’t even spank her alright? Never did she used violence to discipline her daughter. *Nice mommy GuiGui. I hope my mom was Ji Lin. My hurts so much whenever my mom spanks me when I was still a kid.* Again, she called GuiGui but seems like she was in Mars that she can’t hear anything. GuiGui sat in the sofa and stayed silent while staring at blank space. Ji Lin went near her daughter and sat with her and tried to open a conversation with ‘her’ daughter.

“Gui, are you alright?” Ji Lin asked with a worried face as she tapped ‘her’ daughter’s shoulder.

“............................”

“Gui a-----“

Before Ji Lin could even finish her sentence, GuiGui faced her with tears rolling down her cheeks uncontrollably. Her eyes were turning red and tears continued to flow heavily. GuiGui hugged her mom without saying anything. She just cried silently between heavy breaths.

“Gui, it’s alright. You can tell mommy everything. Stop crying now.” Ji Lin said as she rubbed GuiGui’s back to comfort her. GuiGui shook her head.

“I-I-I-I d-d-don’t w-w-want t-t-to! Y-Y-Y-ou m-m-m-ight b-b-blame m-m-me!” GuiGui screamed.

“But if you won’t tell me, I won’t be able to know. How will I blame you if I didn’t know what exactly happened?” Ji Lin answered in a very soft and caring voice.

“D-D-D-Do y-y-you p-p-promise that you won’t blame?” GuiGui asked as she broke her hug.

“ Promise........Now tell me what happened.” Ji Lin stated as she wiped GuiGui’s tears away.  

“Aaron..........he..........”

“He?”

“It was my fault that he has to go! His asthma worsened because of me! It was my fault why he has to be far from his family! It was my fault why he has to sacrifice! Because I am a pig head jerk!” GuiGui explained with heavy emotions.

“How come it became your fault?” Ji Lin asked softly, trying to calm GuiGui down.

“Because of me, he has to play basketball even though he doesn’t know how to! Because of me, his body surpassed it’s limits and worsened! Because he knew that if he won’t win, I will be in trouble! Because he was such a wonderful person that’s why he wanted to sacrifice himself instead of others no matter how mean they are to him!” GuiGui answered with tears still flowing heavily and non-stop. She fell on her mother’s lap and continued to cry.

“Ssshhhh Don’t cry now. It’s alright. It’s alright. It was not your fault. He chose to be good to you  because he wanted to. No matter what is his consequence right now, he is happy to take it because he made his choice. He was not forced. Because he knew that he will still be happy in the end. Because he knew that you will also be happy and free in the end.” Ji Lin explained as she brushed GuiGui’s hair.

“ But I don’t feel so happy right now. He has to leave because of me. I feel so bad mom. I don’t like the feeling. The feeling when someone has to hurt himself because of me. I feel so dirty!” GuiGui retorted.

“Did Aaron blame you?” Ji Lin asked her daughter softly.

“No but----“ GuiGui answered as she looked up.

“See? He never blamed you for anything. It means he was happy that he did that. You should thank him for doing that. I’m sure he won’t be so happy if he sees you crying. He would really feel bad about that, and think that what he did was wrong. That you don’t like it. That you didn’t appreciate his efforts. Do you want him to feel bad about his self?”

“No.” GuiGui answered softly.

“That’s it. Stop crying now and just accept what he did. After all, you are still friends. That’s more important. Just pray for his health as an equivalent gratitude for him alright?”

“Mmm....” GuiGui nodded in agreement and stopped crying.

“I’ll be going now. Be good and just take your rest.”

Ji Lin left for work and GuiGui fell asleep on the couch minutes after Ji Lin left. She slept with a tear still secretly escaping from her left eye.