Chapter 5-The Come Back

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

 

Chapter 5

6 years later....

 

September 1, 2001- Saturday

San Francisco, California, USA

9:12 P.M

 

~~~~

Young Miss! What happened!”

T-t-t-he baby! The Baby!”

(BAM!)

Young Miss! Hold on! Please!

It’s.....it’s”

~~~~

Gui!”

Ji Lin shouted in horror as she catch her breath. She was sweating and was really feeling nervous. She stared at blank space and gave out a deep sigh. Then, out of nowhere, a little girl, about the age of 6, came to her side and caressed her face.

Mom?”

Y-y-es?”

Why do you look scared mom? We are going back to Taiwan tomorrow right? Don’t you miss your home? Aren’t you happy? Why are you scared to go back?”

Of course no....I just had a nightmare that’s why....”

Oh? Is it really that scary?”

Yes.....(smiles) there are monsters in there!”

What?! Monsters?! (starts to back off)”

Yes! They are gonna eat you! (tickles little Gui)”

Ahhhhhhh! Mom! Stop! It tickles!”

Waaaahhh The monster’s gonna’ eat you!”

Mom!”

Fine! I’ll now stop.... Come here (pulls little Gui and let her sit on her lap)”

Mom, can I ask you a question?”

Yes.... What is it?”

Mom, what does Taiwan look like? Is our life here the same as there? Do we live in big house too?”

Well.....I think I should not answer some of your questions but, Taiwan is a nice place.”

Really? Is it as big as USA?”

Nope.... In fact, it is one of the smallest countries yet, very productive.”

Is that so? Well, I am getting more excited! I wanted to go to Taiwan so bad right now!”

Really? But....what if we get poor when we get there?”

That’s impossible! Grandma is rich!”

Awwww how cute of you!(pinches Gui’s cheeks)”

Of course! I am cute because my mother is cute and pretty too!”

uh! You know how to flutter people huh?!(tickles Gui)”

Mom! Stop now! It’s true!”

Whatever! (continues to tickle Gui)”

September 2, 2001-Sunday

Taipei, Taiwan

10:23 A.M

 

Normal POV

The moment Ji Lin and Gui went out of the plane, Gui wandered her eyes around the place as they walked towards the Airport’s exit.

Wow! Mom! It’s so nice in here!”

I told you didn’t I?”

But you never told me it was this beautiful!”

Ok Ok I didn’t but still we should get going now.”

They proceed walking as they enter a white limousine outside the door and ride on their way home. Gui peeped at the window as she watched every scene that she could see.

Wow! Mommy! What’s that tall building!?”

Oh that? That’s Taipei 101. It was once the tallest building in the world, before the one’s in Middle East.”

Ohhhhhh! Cool!”

So, do you want to live here?”

Absolutely!”

Good!”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Six Years have passed since the last time I was here. Nothing have changed much. It is still the place where I once lived. The place I have always loved and the place where I experienced how to love and get hurt. My daughter has grown up so much now. She would start her new chapter of life in here where I used to start mine too. She’s now ready to face the challenges of life. Well as for me, I guessed I have moved on. I think 6 years was enough to forget everything that happened. I can tell, that I am also ready to face the new challenges now. I am ready to face them all, with my new accompany, my daughter.

 

4 years later

New Wu Mansion

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin, together with her mom was in their living room sitting nervously. Moments later, 2 MIB looking dudes came in and sat across them. Ji Lin froze as her mom started to talk with those 2 dudes.

 

Mrs. Wu, your deceased husband has funded your company ever since, and you took place in the financial works after he died right? But your company isn’t doing well these past 3 years.”

Go straight to the point. What is my company’s status?”

To tell you the truth, your company can’t be saved by a heir or something. It needs to collaborate with a bigger company and it’s either you or your daughter would have to work under their supervision in order to sustain their funding abilities.”

Is there no other way to save my company?”

Unless you wanted to sell this.”

Ji Lin and Ji Lin’s mother’s eyes widened when they heard the MIB looking dude’s reply. They can’t afford to sell their company.

Sell?! I can’t afford to sell my husband’s company!”

Then we have no other choice but to collaborate.”

Ji Lin stood up and started to talk bravely.

If we have to collaborate, then I would be the one to work under them.”

Are you sure dear?” Ji Lin’s mother asked as she tapped her daughter’s shoulder.

Yes mom.”

Big Madam, I guess your daughter was right. She is younger; you should take your rest. All these years, you have been working so hard. You should take a break and let your daughter experience how to run your company.”

Well.....If that’s what you want.”

The MIB looking dudes stood up and brushed their suits as they prepared their things and ended their conversation.

I guess we’ll be going now Big Madam.”(bow)

yes.... thank you for helping our company.”

Our pleasure.”

Ji Lin just stood there looking at the MIB looking dudes’ back as they walk away when a bugging question hit her.

Wait! Sir! What company would we collaborate with?”

Silver-Chrome Dragon Financials.”

Silver what?”

Silver Chrome Dragon Financials young miss. It is currently run by the Lu’s but I heard that there is another even bigger company buying it.”

Really? What company is it?”

I am afraid that I am uncertain with that. Don’t worry you will know later on when you will have to work for them.”

Oh.....”

Now if you will excuse me....”

 

Ji Lin’s POV

The world has eventually turned upside-down. What has happened to our company? Why did it suddenly go down? It’s just so strange that it suddenly went down. I never heard from my mom that it had some financial circumstances. It’s just so bugging and I am really feeling nervous; what’s worse, is I don’t know why I am feeling this way. Well, I guess I have to tell my daughter about this or she might react badly if I don’t tell and explain it to her now.

 

Normal POV

Ji Lin let out a big sigh and started to go up the stairs towards her daughter’s room to have a talk with her. Without her knowing, Gui already saw what happened a while ago and that she just hid herself when she saw her mother going to her room.

 

Gui Gui’s Room

 

Normal POV

Ji Lin slowly opened Gui Gui’s door and slowly went inside. There she saw, Gui Gui reading a book, sitting on top of her bed. She walked towards her daughter’s side and sat beside her.

Gui?”

.....”

Gui, mom has something to tell you.”

I know mom.”

You do?”

yes.......who are those guys a while ago mom? What is happening to our company?”

well.....”

Mom, what is happening around?”

Okay..... the company has gone down and we need to collaborate with another company to save ours.”

What’s so bad about that?”

Gui..... we are now turning poor. We have a lots of debts and credits.”

Poor? We won’t be living in this house anymore? Is our house in a collateral?”

no, we will still.....for some time and you are now gonna’ live like a normal girl now. No more luxurious cars, butlers, and such.”

I don’t see that as a problem.”

Really? But, you will have a hard time in adjusting.”

It doesn’t matter mom. I understand. What I am worried about is you mom. Where are you going to work if the company has cracked down?”

I will work for our company in another company.”

Will you be alright mom? (hugs Ji Lin)”

Yes I will.”

 

September 19, 2005-Monday

Duan Yi Private School, Taipei, Taiwan

7:28 A.M

 

GuiGui’s POV

 

Strawberries Here I come!” I screamed as I prepared to jump in a pool full of strawberries. OMG! I can’t believe it! I am in the land full of strawberries! Big Strawberries! Small Strawberries! All types of Strawberries! All are delicious and mouth-watering! They are everywhere! But there was this one unique strawberry. I don’t know but...... it ‘s just so appealing to my eyes!

Then..... I gave up. I walked towards it’s direction. I am almost there....I can feel it..... I continued to walk until I was just 1 meter far away from it.... then half a meter..... then ¼ meter...... 3 inches......2 inches.......

 

GUIGUI WU YING JIE! SNAP OUT WILL YOU?” a voice yelled behind me and that’s when I snapped out and went back to reality. I looked up and saw that it was my best friend Fei Ren. She glared at me and I glared back at her too.

FEI REN WHAT’S THAT FOR!?” I yelled back at her.

Duh! You were day dreaming.....(stares at me).....what’s those big eye bags for?”

Eye what?”

Eye bags! Why do you have such eye bags growing under your eyes.....you look like a panda......”

Shut up King Kong.....”

Ewww! Don’t call me that! And besides why do you call me King Kong huh?”

You growl and yell like King Kong isn’t that enough?”

Whatever!......anyways.... why do you have eye bags and why do you look so tired huh?”

Nothing......It’s just that I didn’t get much sleep last night because I was really nervous...”

Nervous? Since when did you get nervous for exams?”

I didn’t say I was nervous for exams and there’s no exam today....”

Oh..... then what are you nervous for?”

Well.....it’s my mom’s first day in working at the company’s collaboration”

..........Blab! You don’t have be nervous....your mom is talented and smart.... hey..... why do you look tired anyways?”

Well that.....”

That?”

(gasp)IwasgoingtoschoolthismorningwhenaluxuriouscarranoverapuddleofwaterandsplashedwaterallovermethatIhavetogohomeagainandchangemyclothes!”

What?! Are your words that yummy that you really have to eat it?”

What I said was a matter of fact! I ran from my house towards school and then I have to run again because there was this certain rich guy’s car that ran over a puddle of water and splashed mud and water all over me!”

Woah.....Now that’s.....something really tiring.....Ok I understand..... (smiles) was the guy cute?”

Huh! I don’t know but he was a student here too and I am really pissed off by those rich, nosy people over there! They are so annoying and irritating! I want to cut their heads off!”

Hey Hey Hey! Watch your words! You were once rich too.... ”

Yeah and that was long ago!”

You hate rich poeple and yet you’re my best friend and I am rich.... Remember it......Anyways, why are you so against rich people?”

Did you not remember? It was because of their selfishness that we had to suffer! And lots of poor people too!”

But it was not mainly their fault right? It’s part of business.”

No! What really happened wasn’t just an ordinary bankruptcy. Those rich dudes stole money from our company and made it bankrupt!”

Oh....That I don’t know..... You never told me.......Well I guess you really should have a reason to be mad!.......”

We were talking like nothing happened when our class adviser suddenly, out of nowhere, popped out saying out things in a very annoying way.

OK CLASS TAKE YOUR SEATS AS I INTRODUCE TO YOU A NEW CLASSMATE.”

Blah Blah..... the monster’s here....Uh! She really annoys me. She acts like she knows everything and yet she cannot even spell the word ‘epiphenomenalism’ correctly. Damn that retarded hobgoblin. I can’t stand seeing her face especially when she wears those eyeglasses without the glass portion. Stupid right?

 

Normal POV

 

When their teacher arrived, Fei Ren immediately went back to her seat and acted like nothing has happened. GuiGui on the other hand was still pouting about what happened to her this morning. Who won’t right? Running the distance twice than you normally do? That’s offensively annoying. Anyways, as what their teacher said, they are having their new classmate that day. Wow! Who could it be? Dun Dun Dun Dun! Joke! Just see what will happen to them!

 

Their teacher stood formally in front of them as she signaled the new student to enter.

You may enter now.”

The student slowly opened the door and went in front of everybody. All the girls and boys were like.....having a JAW DROP SCENE!. He has those chinky brown eyes, and dark brown hair with a fair complexion. He looks elegant and evidently rich. All the girls were like.....mesmerized! And the boys go like.....is he even human?! Huh! Everybody reacted that way except for GuiGui. She was bowing her head the whole time because she didn’t want to see her teacher’s face. It’s not because she fails in her subject or what....it’s just that her face looks like.....how do I put this?......an ogre? I don’t know! Maybe a bit uglier.....hehehe-----Okay now seriously..... GuiGui felt weird about her classmate’s silence so she decided to look up and there she saw..... that mesmerizing face . (that she found very annoying) Her eyes widened the moment she saw his face. She clenched her fists and stood up boldly as she point her index finger at her new classmate.

You! Y-y-y-y-you pig head jerk!”

Everyone was shocked and kept on staring at her. Their teacher even had a jaw drop scene after hearing what she said.

And what do you think you’re doing student Wu?”

Teacher! He’s a worthless pig head jerk and-----“

CUT YOUR CRAP WILL YOU AND SIT DOWN!”

But----

 

 

GuiGui’s POV

 

Gosh! I was pretty sure that our teacher looks like an ogre and such but.......her face looks really ridiculous when she shouted at me..... Is her face getting any worse? Anyways, that guy really is annoying! How could he! He didn’t even bother react and reflect what he had done to me this morning? He didn’t even bother to twitch his eyebrows. He just stood there! Just like he didn’t hear anything! GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Curse him!

 

Normal POV

 

After shouting at GuiGui, the teacher immediately turned at the new student with an obviously show off smile. She talked to him softly and is obviously very evident that she is showing off, since that kid was from a very wealthy family. Well as for GuiGui, she has no other choice but to follow the ogre. Oh well.....introduction time!

Ok now, please introduce yourself.”

The kid nodded plainly and started to face his classmates. Everybody sat properly and prepared to listen to him. The girls fixed their hair and faces (annoying faces) and the boys sat boldly to prove that they are more handsome (P.S they look irritating.) The kid started to speak and everybody was holding their breaths including their teacher who has her eyes widely opened while biting her thumb.

(cold voice) Good Morning my name is Aaron Xing that’s all.”

After talking, the kid looked at his teacher with a cold stare that made her froze for a second, and then snapped out to reality.

Oh.....okay! Clap your hands for your new classmate! Hurray! .......(awkward silence)”

Teacher, can’t I sit now?”

Oh! Of course! You can! (embarrassed) You can......uuuhhhh.....(roams her finger around) sit beside that crazy woman a while ago.”

 

GuiGui’s POV

 

What?! Did that crazy single old woman called me crazy?! Huh! Excuse me, I am not your mirror ogre! And what did she just said?! That annoying pig head jerk is sitting beside me?! Well wait.....there is no more vacant seat beside me.....that teacher sure is cracked!

 

Aaron’s POV

 

Crazy woman? Oh.... the one who shouted a while ago.... but.... isn’t this show off teacher a crazy woman too? she’s cracked..... And.... she is letting me sit beside that girl who is continuously glaring at me moments after she started yelling like a retard monkey. This teacher must have undergone some brain surgeries that affected her that much and never had the chance to recover again. She’s not only cracked, she’s also absolutely dumb. How would she expect me to sit beside that monkey when there is no vacant seat near her?

 

Normal POV

 

Teacher, there is no vacant seat near her as you can see.”

Oh really? (taps her eyeglasses with no glasses at all) Oh well...... you! (points at the girl sitting near GuiGui) transfer at the back at let your new classmate sit in your place.”

The girl just bowed her head down and started to carry her things as she traveled towards the back of the classroom.

 

Aaron’s POV

Geez this weirdo has some sense of wicked fashion. How do you suppose to wear eyeglasses without glasses in it? That might be a modern sense of style these days but she looks rubbish. She’s hopeless.

 

GuiGui’s POV

What?! ARRGGGHHHH He really made his way to annoy me more! Why does he have to sit with me! I think I’m gonna strangle him to death.

 

Normal POV

Aaron started to move towards GuiGui’s side when he heard her mumble something.

Pig head jerk!”

Did you say something?”

No! Nothing! And why do you care?! Mind your own business!” she hissed

(smirk) You said it retard monkey.”

What?!”

 

GuiGui’s POV

What did he just called me?! Retard Monkey?! He’s way going overboard now! One last mistake and I will really gonna strangle him to death!

 

Aaron’s POV

(smirk) seems like the retarded monkey found her way to shut up. Huh... good for her. Anyways, I do remember her. She was that girl who was running on the streets this morning. She might see me annoying but, I don’t see her annoying at all. It’s just that she acts weird and funny. The way she expresses her feelings were kinda’ unique and...... distinct. She’s interesting I guess? I don’t know but, it feels so good when I make her angry. She has those glares that slices like daggers, but it doesn’t scare me at all.

GuiGui’s POV

 

*Ring* *Ring* Oh well.... the bell has rang! Lunch Time! Wait......why is this jerk not moving and just continued reading? It can’t be possible that he has no lunch right? He’s rich! He can afford to buy any food in the cafeteria....Wait Wait Wait! Hmmm....I guess I have to know more about this jerk over here. I wanted to know how rich arrogant people like him, make up social times with others.

 

hey..... Stupid rich jerk! Why so lonely huh?! Talking with the book?!”

 

*Whoah talking to him is harder than getting a high fever.....I am swallowing my pride being the first one talking with him.*

 

(cold voice)No! Nothing! And why do you care?! Mind your own business.(smirk)”

Hey! Why are you copying my lines huh?! And.... why are you making my voice sound so cold! Make sure when you imitate, you make a complete duplicate!”

 

*geez! This guy! Why does he annoy me so much?!*

 

Then you should also make sure that whenever you annoy me, you won’t eat back your words after some moment.”

What the-------“

Oh yeah? Say something retard monkey?”

You!..........y-..y-......y-.....you! Don’t think that just because you are rich and you got everything in hand, you can always step on other people’s pride!”

Well if that’s the case, keep your pride to yourself so no one might step on it. (smirk) Untidiness is next to a person who has retarded businesses.”

 

*Damn this guy! He got me right there! He’s quite clever huh!*

 

AHHH! You are too much! Who would want to be your friend?! I’m sure you will be a loner here! Except for those people who are plastics and just wanted to be your friends because of your money and fame!”

 

AWKWARD SILENCE~ CROWS PASSING~ AHK~AHK~AHK~CROO~CROO~CROO

 

*Oh no..... why did I ever said that?......Did I...........went overboard? Why do I feel a sudden guilt within me?*

 

Are you done now?”

 

*Whoah.......That was conscientious.....Do I need to say sorry now?*

 

I-I-I----------“

(stands up) I don’t need a friend.....I don’t even have my own family.....why should I assume for a friend?”

 

*No family? Impossible!*

 

No family?! Are you playing dumb with me? You were inside a luxurious family service car and you don’t have a family? Are you trying to tell me that you hitched a ride?!”

You really are retarded....Then, can I ask you? Is a car a family member?”

 

*Whoah.....I can actually feel that arrows are hitting me at any parts of my body.... He caught me again! Bullseye!*

 

No but......Forget it! Everybody has a family!”

Well lucky for you, you can actually say that for you have experienced it... But what about people like me who haven’t experienced that?”

How come you haven’t? Oh please I don’t want to----“

I am adopted...... I live in the Yan’s mansion but I am not a Yan. The head of the Yan’s is my dad’s best friend. When my dad died, he took me in and treated me as his own son. However, he did not change my family name for it was my father’s last wish.... that I should remain for who I am....(turns around and walks away)”

Well, if that’s the case.....why don’t you look affected?! Why aren’t you feeling sad?! Or cheated?!”

Why should I? No need for dramatic impulses retard. I am thankful enough that somebody took me in and treated me in a very comfortable way..... Right? Ghostie?”

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH Hey! How did you know my name?!”

Let’s just say that I am smarter than you are....(smirk)”

What the----“

(walks away) annoyed much?”

What the! Hey! How dare you turn your back at me while I am still talking here! Hey!”

(echoed voice from the hallway) Why should I listen to a ghost?”

 

*WAHHHHHHHHHHH Damn this guy! He suddenly went emoting and then he suddenly became annoying again! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Wait........is someone listening since the start of our conversation? Hell.......... FEI REN!*

 

Wow! Seems like you are having a lover’s quarrel aren’t you?”

Quit it! What does a 9 year old girl and a 10 year old jerk have to do with lover’s quarrel huh?!”

Okay Okay I get it.....You don’t need to scream.... Fine! You hate him! But hate him or not, we need to eat! I am so like.......DYING ON THAT CORNER WAITING FOR YOUR BITTER-SWEET ARGUEMENTS TO FINISH!”

Well you can just shut up if you want to.....”

What?!......... how...... AHHHH you’re too much!”

Yeah you said so King Kong....”

Hmph! I am so not going to be your......”

Yeah try saying it (smirk)”

Never mind I am so hungry now....”

So?”

..................I’m eating.”

 

Haha! I am so good at letting other people give up on arguments! WAHHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well................except for that jerk..........Wow really......he did break my record.....Damn it!