Chapter 2- How Will I Ever Face You?

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

 

Chapter 2

December 19, 1996- Thursday

(Taiwan, Taipei)

Ming Dao University [7:30] A.M

 

Normal POV

Ji Lin immediately went out of the building to avoid Xu Qi. Along the hallway, their teacher Mrs. Chen called her attention.

Ji Lin! Can you come here for a while?” Mrs. Chen said with a teasing smile on her face.

Me? But why Mrs. Chen?”

Oh come on! Just have a spare time with me! Anyways, exam week is over.”

Ji Lin did as what their teacher said and came to the faculty room. Teacher Chen seated eagerly and pulled her down to sit .

So?! What happened?!”

Happened what teacher?”

Oh come on! Don’t tell me your intelligence doesn’t work right now! Tell me!”

What about?!”

About Xu Qi’s offer for you!”

Ji Lin blushed and bowed down to think about what to answer.

I didn’t answer any of it.”

What? But it’s the hottest guy in school that wants you! And he’s smart like you and a good person too. Why didn’t you answer any of them?”

Because it’s so embarrassing and he even.... he even....”

He even what?”

Ji Lin turned red and covered her face. Then the scene when Xu Qi kissed her flashed on her mind. She avoided eye contact with Teacher Chen.

Ok fine! I won’t force you to say. But I’m sure you don’t want to miss the dance with him.”

What’s the big deal! So what if I don’t get to dance with him?”

Teacher Chen looks straight into Ji Lin’s eyes. She placed her finger under her chin and smiled. Afterwards, she took off Ji Lin’s eyeglasses. Ji Lin wrinkled her forehead for the reason she can’t see anything. Yeah right! Her eyes are that blurry. She can’t see anything.

Teacher! I can’t see! Put it back!”

No you won’t!”

As I told you I can’t see!”

I won’t return this if you won’t answer his offers.”

But teacher!”

Make your decision now!”

Ok.... but what will I answer him?”

I am not saying that you should answer all those with yes, you can always answer it with no. It’s better to say no than making Xu Qi wait for nothing if there really was nothing you feel for him.”

What do you mean?”

Do you feel something for him?”

That.....y-y-y-es.”

then why didn’t you tell him.”

If I would tell him it would be weird on the next days.... I still lack courage.”

It’s alright. But mind you. For guys, it’s better for them to be rejected face to face than being rejected in a slow and silent way especially for excellent students like Xu Qi. All their life they have been seen perfectly and being rejected that way would stab them for a thousand times. Do you understand?”

I know that too, but I still need courage. And I don’t plan to end up breaking his heart. I want him too; it’s just that.... I am just shocked.”

I understand you. But you should tell him you like him before the dance or on the day of the dance. OK?”

Yes!”

Ji Lin hugged her teacher and went out the faculty room happily. As she went by the lobby, students were looking at her as if she was a disease happily escaping and bugging everyone. Ji Lin just bowed down and proceeds walking along the lobby. Suddenly, a girl bumped her intentionally.

Oh! Look it’s the nerd that cursed our Xu Qi and also our teachers to like her!”

Ji Lin clenched her fists and looked up. She was having the urge to punch her or pull her hair down but she did not have mood to fight with her. She preferred to stay quiet and lowered her head down again.

You flirting yourself towards Xu Qi is a bit acceptable but being a teacher’s pet! Aren’t you ashamed of yourself?”

Stop that! Quiet down! Why are you picking on her?!”

Mr. Chen, Mrs. Chen’s husband, shouted in anger as he saw those girls picking on Ji Lin which was his favorite student ever since. He pulled Ji Lin to his side, rubbed her head, and then glared at the girls.

Next time I see you picking on her, I should report you to the principal!”

But teacher! You are showing a clear evidence of favoritism!”

She’s an excellent girl! A smart and a responsible one! Who wouldn’t like to have such a student like her! Off course! Between you and her, I would really choose her over you! What do you expect!”

After that, the girls went away and Ji Lin, thanked her teacher.

Ji Lin, you are such a great girl. Be brave and fight for yourself. Build a lot of courage to face everything in the right time.”

Yes teacher. I will try.”

 

The Next Day****

Morning 7:15 A.M

Ai Kuo West Road

Ji Lin was walking towards school when a car suddenly stopped in front of her. It was a Red Ferrari car. It was so cool and she thought that it could be some weird guys picking on nerd girls like her. She started backing off a bit, but the car window slowly opened, revealing Xu Qi inside. Ji Lin was shocked as she felt her face turn red and turned around showing her back at Xu Qi.

Ji Lin! Wei! Why are you turning your back at me? Why don’t you show your face to me?”

W-w-w-what do you mean?” stuttering

What’s with the what? Why are you walking there? You’re family is rich! Why don’t you let your driver send you to school?”

I don’t want them to do that to me.” Slowly turns around to face Xu Qi.

Not them? Then let me do it for you. Ride in here.” Smiles brightly

I can’t. I don’t want to.” Blushing

Why not? Oh come on! We are now tied up together. What’s the difference?”

I really don’t want to! And I didn’t answer you yesterday, We’re not tied up yet.”

Ji Lin ran away as fast as she could until she reached the school gate. Xu Qi directly speeded up after Ji Lin ran away. Minutes after following Ji Lin, he reached the school gate. Xu Qi directly parked his car at the parking area and proceeded where he last saw Ji Lin but she was not there so he proceeded to the lobby and saw her still running away. Xu Qi caught Ji Lin’s arm and pulled her back.

Stop running will you!”

Xu Qi shouted at the top of his lungs, panting, and catching other students’ attention. Everybody was staring at them. Ji Lin was shocked and really avoided eye contact with Xu Qi. She was bowing her head down not showing her face to anyone.

Are you trying to kill me? I might suffer heart attack because of you!” Xu Qi thought as he gripped Ji Lin’s hand tighter and tugged her up towards the rooftop.

Xu Qi dragged Ji Lin to the rooftop. Ji Lin was trying to break free but he is just too strong. She tried to look at Xu Qi’s face. She was a bit nervous. She can trace seriousness all over his face.

This is not good. I wonder what will happen to me. Aiyo! Can you please give me a break?” Ji Lin thought as she stared at their hands twined together.

The moment they arrived at the rooftop, Xu Qi let go of her. He held her shoulders to make her face him and looked straight into her eyes.

What are you plotting about?! Do you really need to run around and avoid me?! Do you want me to die from a heart ache?!”

What do you mean?” Ji Lin said in a very soft voice, which was almost a whisper.

The kiss!”

Huh?!” blushing and stuttering

Yeah! Because of that, we already have something together. And now you are avoiding me?” Xu Qi pouted.

If I don’t avoid you, then the girls will skin me alive!” Ji Lin thought

So what!” she shouted and pretended that she didn’t care

Aiyo! Wu Ji Lin! Are you that selfish?! Do everything you want! Just don’t avoid me okay?”

Xu Qi said those words with a worried look on his face and hugged Ji Lin. Ji Lin’s eyes widened as she hugged Xu Qi back. Xu Qi brushed off her fringes and left afterwards. Ji Lin was still stunned after the hug and her heart was beating like hell!

I won’t be able to build courage with all these things that you are showing to me Xu Qi.” Ji Lin thought as she cuddled on the ground and covered her face.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” she shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

8:OO A.M

Ming Dang University

Attention to all students who belong to the following classes, please proceed to the events hall immediately for the preparation of the School’s Foundation Dance:

Class A-1, Class A-2, Class B-4, and Class C-6”

Class A-1 and Class A-2?! What the hell! My class and Xu Qi’s class will be together?!” Ji Lin thought as she nudged her head down the table. She was like carrying the whole world on her shoulders. Lastly, she made a very vogue decision. “I should avoid him! Right! Don’t show up to him!” she lastly thought and marched out of the room.

Events Hall

Everybody was feeling excited to merge with the other sections. Some girls were jumping up and down as they saw their crushes from the other sections. Well, as for Ji Lin, she was miserable. She don’t want to get noticed by anybody to avoid attention and being skinned alive by the people angry at her.

She sat at the corner behind those gigantic props and hid herself. She felt calmness all around when suddenly her best friend Wei Hu found her and was about to scream.

Ji Lin! I was worried about you t---mnfphffphphnmnf”

Ji Lin covered Wei Hu’s mouth in shock, She pulled her down and cuddled on the floor.

Wei Hu! Lower your voice!”

Why? Why are you hiding here?”

Xu Qi and my class is here! What do you expect me to do!?”

You will be the center of attraction because Xu Qi is here!”

Ssshhhh! I know! And if Xu Qi would see me, we will be the center of attraction!”

Don’t you like it? You will be able to steal a moment with him?”

Are you crazy?! Those girls who admire him, would skin me alive!”

Oh! I’m sorry I didn’t know. (smiles) Oh look! Xu Qi is already here!”

Oh no! Ok! Go! Go away Wei Hu! If you will stay, we will be easily noticed! So Go!”

Ouch! You don’t need to push me! Ok! I’ll go now!”

Wei Hu leaves Ji Lin at once and Ji Lin let out a big sigh. She felt relieved. She knew that no one would ever care to find her. Not in that place. Well, maybe someone would. Xu Qi perhaps.

By the time Xu Qi arrives at the place, he was turning his head left to right. He was obviously searching for Ji Lin. He was roaming around. He searched like everywhere! He just couldn’t find her. However, Mrs. Chen, who was the one leading the preparation, saw Xu Qi. She knew what he was up to. She grinned and picked up the microphone. Obviously, she knew where Ji Lin was hiding. So..... she decided to help Xu Qi!

Eh! Wu Ji Lin! What are you doing there! Why are you behind those props?! What are you doing?! Not helping and skipping labor eh?!” Mrs. Chen shouted at the top of her lungs and everybody went silent and looked at Ji Lin’s direction.

Mrs. Chen said this while winking at Xu Qi. Xu Qi smirked while Ji Lin.... guess what! Off course, she was shocked. Upon hearing Mrs. Chen’s words, she stood up and was startled. “Zen Me Ben!” she thought.

Wu Ji Lin! Come here!” Mrs. Chen acted, as if she was angry.

Ji Lin, who was still clueless on how Mrs. Chen found her, got no choice but to go out. She went forward, and everybody was staring at her especially Xu Qi who was still smirking.

Yes Mrs. Chen?” she said in a very soft voice while blushing....

Why are you hiding in there? Are you hiding from someone?”

No?”

OH! Then you are trying to skip the responsibilities here?”

Still no!”

Eh!? What are you doing? Shouting at me?!” Mrs. Chen signaled everyone at the hall to continue working

I-i-i-i was not.”

Alright! Then, take this electrical wirings and make some connections to the main outlet. You are smart so it must be very easy for you.”

All of these? Alone? Can I ask Wei Hu to help me around?”

Well.... you have a point. You can’t do that alone. But, why Wei Hu when she is also a girl? It must be a boy.“

What?! A boy? Then do you see me as a boy?”

No.... you are too cute to be a boy. You must be with a boy or do it alone.”

What? Hao.... then who would that be? Can that nerd guy over there help me?”

Why that guy? He’s too short. You being with him will be very weird. What if your faces would be the same. It’s not impossible. Two nerds together might produce 2 Ji Lins here in school. 1 boy and the other is you. And besides why some other guy when Xu Qi is there!” Mrs. Chen said as she pointed at Xu Qi who was giving out a smirk.

What?! No! Mrs. Chen! Wait!” Ji Lin pleaded Mrs. Chen with a worried look on her face.

Xu Qi come over and help her with these things!” Mrs. Chen said while winking and with a really wide smile on her face. As for Xu Qi, he pretended he was not one of Mrs. Chen’s plans and asked innocently.

Do you mean me Mrs. Chen?” He said sarcastically while moving towards Ji Lin and stood in front of her.

Mrs. Chen! Wait! No that shouldn’t be” Ji Lin said still hoping that Mrs. Chen’s decision would change but Mrs. Chen seems to ignore her and proceeded with her plan.

Help her ok? Be careful! You’ll gonna place that on top so be really careful.” Mrs. Chen placed a teasing smile on her face while saying those words as she was looking at Xu Qi’s facial expression.

Yes Mrs. Chen.” Xu Qi answered obediently.

MRS. CHEN! YOU’RE NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ME! WHY ARE YOU ONLY LISTENING TO XU QI?! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!!!!” Ji Lin shouted to the top of her lungs.

I’m sorry Ji Lin? Did you say something?”

Never mind....” Ji Lin said as she turned away and carried the box, which was given to her earlier.

Mrs. Chen smirked as well as with Xu Qi. He took the wirings from Ji Lin and proceeded to the location behind the stock room where no one else is there. Ji Lin, who was following Xu Qi behind, was showing a really miserable face. Xu Qi, smiled seeing Ji Lin’s face.

Wu Ji Lin?”

What.....” monotonous tone of voice

Why are you behind those props?” turned around to face Ji Lin

Me? Well.... It’s because....”

Are you avoiding me?”

What? NO.....”

Quit lying or I’ll kiss you.”

Honestly.... yes”

But why?”

uhmmm”

so you really wanted to avoid me?”

If I don’t, those girls who admire you would skin me alive. That’s why I am avoiding you. I’m sorry Xu Qi.”

Why do you mind them?! They don’t even mind you!” Xu Qi raised his voice as if to scare Ji Lin

I just wanted to....” Ji Lin muttered as her eyes begin to be filled with tears.

Whatever! I want you! Only you! (silence) This conversation can’t go on. Just do what is asked for us to do and we will talk afterwards.”

Ji Lin was shocked. “Whatever! I want you! Only you!Those words keep on replaying on her mind. She was touched and was sad for a moment. She knew how Xu Qi liked her but, she can’t give something back.

I am too heavy to climb up and end up bumping my head on the ceiling. I think you should do it.” Xu Qi broke the silence.

What?! Me? A-a-a-are you stupid?!”

Why? Don’t tell me you’re scared? I will catch if you if ever you fall. Don’t worry.”

Not that! It’s because I am wearing a skirt you know! And you are below.”

Oh.... don’t worry. I won’t peep under your skirt. It’s not like I’m a ert or what.”

Even so!”

Are you going to climb or what?! If not, then I will drag you in front of everybody and kiss you there!!”(smirk)

Fine!” Ji Lin pouted and started to climb the ladder.

Ji Lin climbed up and Xu Qi started handing her some wirings. Everything was going on silently and smoothly when Xu Qi suddenly tried to break the silence and Ji Lin was shocked that she accidentally slipped and fell. Luckily, Xu Qi caught her in his arms. Everything was very fast. The next thing they knew, they were hugging each other. Ji Lin was certain about it, she tried to break away, but Xu Qi hugged her tighter and whispered in her ears that made her shiver.

I just wanted to spend some time with you. All this time you were avoiding me. I wanted to kiss as much as I want but I can’t. Hugging you like this makes me satisfied.”

Xu Qi! Stop! Somebody might see us like this!”

So what.” Deep cold voice

What? They’re g-g-g-g”

I told you.... don’t care about others. Care for yourself for some time.”

Ji Lin was stunned after what Xu Qi said. She felt sorry for Xu Qi, so she just remained in his arms. She really wanted to remain that way forever but she knew it will never happen. For a short span of time, they remained in that position. They both liked the warm feeling very well. How they hoped to stay like this forever.

Ji Lin’s POV

Xu Qi, I really wanted to stay like this, but this Can’t go on for long. I love you and I don’t want to hurt you but, I can’t tell you how I feel right now. I’m so sorry”

Xu Qi’s POV

Wu Ji Lin, I will never let you go that fast. I have already gone this far, and I got no plan of going back.”

Normal POV (Back to the last situation-they’re hugging each other)

Xu Qi ....”

Ji Lin I love you.”

W-w-w-w....”

I love you. How about you?”

I don’t know. But I don’t hate you.”

Oh. Then that means you like me.”

Yeah something like that.”

Xu Qi draws closer and kisses Ji Lin on the cheek. Ji Lin blushes and stared at Xu Qi for a while. Xu Qi let go her and Ji Lin quickly stood up. She touched her cheek and turned red as she saw Xu Qi smirking. She tried to run away but Xu Qi caught her.

If you would run away again, then the next time that I will see or meet you, I will never return you to where you came from. I will make you mine. (smirk)”

Please don’t do this Xu Qi. People might see us here.....” soft stuttering voice

Oh yeah? So better stay here with me or I’ll catch their attention and kiss you in front of them.”

.....(blush)”

As soon as Ji Lin and Xu Qi finished their task, they proceeded to their respective rooms. Ji Lin was sitting on her seat the whole time and was rewinding all the things that happened. She went home with a stressed look on her face. Wei Hu would even try to talk to her but she seemed to be out of this world so she decided to walk home with her. On the other hand, Xu Qi was following Ji Lin and Wei Hu. He went back when he already knew where Ji Lin lives. He smirked and speeded away.

You can never run away from me anymore Ji Lin. (smirk)”

Unknown Person POV

So you are Ji Lin? And Xu Qi’s been crazy for you. Well, you will miss all those times that you will smile when I enter both of your lives.”

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note

 

Oh my! Who is this person? She must be the antagonist! Oh No!

Oh Yeah! Finally! Chapter 2 is done! A ten-paged chapter!

I am really sorry for the really long chapter and I knew it was boring.

Sorry! I need your comments so I would know if I should skip Ji Lin and Xu Qi’s parts and chapters. So Sorry! I am a bad story writer.

Anyways, you are free to ask me if you are confused and I will answer them. Please comment.