Chapter 14- Hoping to choose one of you

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

Chapter 14

 

September 29, 2005- Thursday

Yan Financial Empire Building

10:45 A.M

 

Normal POV

 

It was one ordinary morning for Ji Lin. She entered the buildings door, and rushed towards Xu Qi’s office.  When she got inside, she looked around. It was empty. No one’s there. She is late. Again. She let out a big sigh knowing that Xu Qi has not yet arrived. She was happy, but a bit worried at the same time. You know, Xu Qi has not yet arrived and she was thinking that his fever might have worsen. Yeah that was one reason but………………..there is still another reason as you all know.

 

 

~Flashback~

 

*RING* *RING* *RING* *RING*

 

“Hello?”

 

“Ms. Ji Lin!”

 

“yes?”

 

“Ms. GuiGui is having a high fever! She needs you now! Please come home!”

 

“GuiGui?! GuiGui is having a fever?!”

 

“Yes! And it’s very high!”

 

“Alright I’m going home right away.”

 

“Xu Qi, I am sorry. I need to leave you. This is also important. I really love to stay with you and see you get well, but I need to attend my daughter’s needs. She needs me right now and I should be by her side. I am so sorry.”

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin keeps on walking back and forth around Xu Qi’s office that she didn’t notice that someone gets in. And guess who?! It was Alexander.

 

“Ji Lin?” Alexander called out Ji Lin’s name. Ji Lin was shocked and panicked.

 

“Y-Y-Yes?” Ji Lin answered Alexander stuttering.

 

“Andrew is not yet here? Where is he?”

 

“Uhmm……..I don’t know. Maybe he is still at home.”

 

“You don’t know where he is? Weren’t you with him last night?”

 

Ji Lin blushed when she heard Alexander said that. Then the scene when Xu Qi kissed her last night flashed in her mind but eventually snapped out to reality after a short period of time.

 

“I-I-I went home last night. I didn’t stay up with him this morning.”

 

“Oh that’s good.” Alexander whispered.

 

“You said something?”

 

“U-U-Uh No it was nothing.” Alexander denied.

 

“I don’t believe you! You said something didn’t you?” Ji Lin insisted as she hit Alexander’s shoulder.

 

“I really didn’t say anything!” Alexander defended as he hit Ji Lin’s shoulder back.

 

“No! You said something!” Ji Lin retorted as she pushed Alexander playfully.

 

“No it was really nothing!”

 

Ji Lin and Alexander continued to tease each other and laugh at each other’s denial faces. They were tickling each other (in which I don’t know why………..) when Alexander suddenly felt silent. Ji lin also stopped and felt weird and looked at Alexander. He was staring at her and at the same time, he was moving closer and closer and closer as he was making a hold of Ji Lin’s face and continued to move closer. Ji Lin froze when she realized what Alexander did.

 

“Alexander what are you trying to do?” Ji Lin said in a very soft voice as she tried to remove Alexander’s hand. But his grip was just so strong, and her strength was not enough.

 

“Alexander wh----“ Ji Lin wasn’t able to finish her sentence but Alexander’s lips were already on hers. Ji Lin’s eyes widened. She struggled but she was frozen. That scene continued until……….

 

*BLAG!* Alexander fell on the floor. Xu Qi just gave him a blow. He didn’t say anything. He was just glaring at Alexander and pulled Ji Lin far away from Alexander. Alexander was shocked as he wiped the blood that came out from his mouth.

 

“Xu Qi!” Ji Lin screamed as she tried to stop Xu Qi from beating Alexander; but Xu Qi didn’t bother to listen. Instead, he grabbed Alexander by the collar, and gave him another blow. Alexander stood up and tried to avoid his punch.

 

“What’s wrong with you!” Alexander retorted as he punched Xu Qi back.

 

“No. Wrong question. What’s wrong ‘with you’!” Xu Qi said as he pushed Alexander.

 

“So what if I kiss her?! She’s not even your girlfriend! I can do whatever I want without your concern!”

 

“Are you retarded?! Or you are just that stupid?! Why are you using her to take revenge on me?! You have no right to do that!”

 

Alexander fell silent for a moment. Everything fell silent. Ji Lin rushed towards Xu Qi to help him. Then after some moments, Alexander started to speak in a more calm voice.

 

“Good you realized. Now you know how I felt when you took Xia Rou from me.” Alexander said with a smirk on his face.

 

“And you think you can hurt me with those ways? I never stole Xia Rou from you. She was the one who flirted. And I never made her my girlfriend.” Xu Qi answered arrogantly in verge of laughing.

 

“Why not?” Alexander replied, pissed off.

 

“This woman can never be yours.” Xu Qi stated as he pulled Ji Lin closer to him.

 

“And how sure are you? What makes you think that she will be for you?”

 

“N----“

 

Xu Qi was about to reply when Ji Lin suddenly went between them and butted into their conversation.

 

“I am his girlfriend!” Ji Lin said as she looked at Alexander straight into his eyes. Alexander was shocked and Xu Qi was shocked too. Xu Qi looked at Ji Lin with a confused face as she faced him too.

 

“You’re lying! You are saying that to deceive me!”

 

 “What I said was true…………”

 

Ji Lin was about to leave the room with Xu Qi but Alexander said something that made her stay for a while and listen to what he said.

 

“Regardless of what you said was true, I will not give up so fast. I will be the one who will be with you in the end.” Alexander finally said as he exited the room leaving Xu Qi and Ji Lin alone. Xu Qi walked towards the couch and sat as he held his head high. Ji Lin followed him and sat with him.

 

“Why did you go home last night?’ Xu Qi asked, giving out an as-if-angry face just to break the awkwardness.

 

“Because my daughter got sick last night………just like you, she got a high fever.” Ji Lin replied solemnly, as she pulled out a first aid kit under the glass table in front of them.

 

“Daughter? Mrs. Chen’s daughter? How old is she?” Xu Qi asked in a very curious voice. Ji Lin paused for a moment then answered him without looking into his eyes.

 

“She’s nine years old……….Why do you ask?” Ji Lin answered as she started to place some medications on Xu Qi’s face.

 

“no it was------Ouch! Be careful you know!” Xu Qi yelled in pain as he immediately removed Ji Lin’s hand.

 

“Don’t move too much so you won’t get hurt even more!” Ji Lin retorted back. Xu Qi rolled his eyes and looked away when suddenly, a question popped in his head.

 

“Eh………why did you tell Alexander that ‘you’ are my girlfriend? What’s the main reason?”

 

“If I didn’t say that, the two of you would not stop fighting. I don’t want to see too much blood.”

 

“Is that really the reason? Or............. you really meant what you just said?” Xu Qi teased.

 

“Shut up you retarded pig. You already had a son and you still have the guts to say that.”

 

“You saw the picture?................Oh come on, so what if I already had a son. You also had a daughter and yet you still let me kiss you.” Xu Qi argued with a smirk plastered on his face as he moved his face closer to Ji Lin...........as in like...............centimeters away. Ji Lin moved back and poked Xu Qi’s wound.

 

“Aiyo! What’s that for! That hurts!”

 

“Yeah I already had a daughter but at least her father’s already gone.” Ji Lin answered back as she placed the first aid kit back under the table.

 

“Who told you I already had a wife?” Xu Qi replied as he raised his right eyebrow. Ji Lin immediately turned to face him with a confused face and with a sarcastic expression in it.

 

“You had a son without a wife. What happened? A miracle?! Retard.”

 

“That little kid is a genius. He was my friend’s son. When he was almost dying, he asked me to take care of his son so I took the little boy in. He was obedient and doesn’t give any problem so I never had headaches regarding him. You and that Alexander were the only people that gave me constant headaches and even made me sick.” Xu Qi said arrogantly. Ji Lin just rolled her eyes.

 

“So...........you never had any relationship these past years?”

 

“Hey, I had a break up with my girlfriend before she left me for 6 years. How would you expect me to have another affair? And also...........I don’t have the guts to have another woman when I know that we spent a night together. I think that’s unfair.”

 

“E-E-Eh........”

 

“So what do you think?”

 

“About what?”

 

“You’re single, and I am single. Do you think we can still be together?” Xu Qi said as he leaned closer to Ji Lin.

 

“ I-I-I------“

 

“Then do you still love me?” Xu Qi asked Ji Lin softly, as he was in the verge of kissing her. Ji Lin stared into his eyes, startled; but she just nodded softly and closed her eyes when Xu Qi gave his long passionate kiss and Ji Lin got carried away by her emotions and just replied to Xu Qi’s kisses. Yeah benanah they were making out but please no harsh imaginations please. It’s passion not seducing, okay? They were you know.... so in to dreamland that they didn’t notice that someone was witnessing them.

 

~At Xu Qi’s House~

 

Normal POV

 

It was a long day. Xu Qi already arrived in his home sweet home. He immediately proceeded to the living room when................an unexpected event happened.

 

“Xu Qi Ge! *SLAP*”

 

Xu Qi opened his eyes as he moaned in pain. Yeah you know when that person slapped him, the slap also hit Xu Qi’s wound.

 

“Fang Xi! What are you doing!”

 

“You! You! You despicable guy! How could you!”

 

“What are talking about?!”

 

“H-H-How could you!”

 

“I really don’t understand you! Say it straight!”

 

“How could you make out with another woman in your office! Haven’t you thought about Ji Lin jie?! Or you already forgot about her?!”

 

“Fang---------“

 

“Don’t answer me with  ‘I already forgot her’ or I will assassinate you right now!”

 

Xu Qi let out a funny face and laughed at his sister’s reactions. He stood up and patted his sister’s shoulder.

 

“So you saw me making out with my secretary a while ago?” Xu Qi said with a smirk on his face.

 

“Yeah! And who the hell is that woman! She should be more than Ji Lin Jie!”

 

“Do you know the secretary’s name?”

 

“No..........but I will investigate and kill her afterwards.”

 

“Fine. Do whatever you want and tell me later on what you discovered.”

 

“I-will-really-do-that! Hmph!”

 

Fang Xi walked out from the scene grumpily. Xu Qi was left alone, tittering ....no......laughing perhaps. He proceeded to his room. He took off his clothes and went to the bathroom to take his shower. While he was inside, he looked at himself in the mirror.

 

“Damn that Alexander......dare to ruin my face eh? Stupid. Challenging me with his low-leveled skills will only cause his embarrassment.”  Xu Qi thought.

 

 

Fang Xi’s POV

 

Damn this brother! How inhuman! How dare he kiss a random woman! GGGGGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I really hate women who flirt with my brother! Don’t they know that he already spent a night with Ji Lin Jie?! He’s no longer a ! Damn it! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I want to strangle that woman! Watch out you.............you..........AAAAHHHH never mind!

 

 

September 30, 2005- Friday

Xu Qi’s office

10:31 A.M

 

Normal POV

 

Fang Xi entered the building with her head held high. The staff didn’t know her, but they knew that she is rich. She immediately proceeded to the Information’s desk, but there was no one; so she proceeded to her brother’s office. When she reached her brother’s door, it was lock. She has the key for that door, but it was also password protected.

 

“Damn this brother.......I’m not a genius hacker......but let’s try Ji Lin Jie’s age and birthday....01-04-27......*BEEP* Damn it...........his birthday...........07-11-28.....*BEEP*”

 

Fang Xi stood in front of the door angrily with her eyebrows twitching and eyes glaring. She let out a big sigh a she backed off. When she reached the wall, she ran towards the door and *BANG*. She kicked the door in order to open it.

 

“Problem solved.” Fang Xi said while smiling victoriously. She marched inside the room and looked around.

 

“Now time to look for...........I don’t know what to look for.........I think I just have to-------“

 

Fang Xi immediately turned around when she heard some footsteps. Her heartbeat was faster than normal. She ran behind the couch and hid there waiting to see who’s the person who went inside.

 

 

Fang Xi’s POV

 

The person to blame must be my brother. Why does he have to make all of his things password protected? His password must be the first day that he kissed Ji Lin Jie.  Or.......whatever..........if only his door wasn’t password protected, nobody would know that I barged in. Damn it. Now someone would think that I am a thief or what. But........seriously..........who is this person that entered in brother’s office? It must be his secretary! Watch out you !

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin was on her way towards Xu Qi’s office when she saw the door destroyed on the hallway. She rushed to see what happened and there she found out that somebody forced to enter the office without the permission. She slowly entered the room and eyed every angle of it. She walked towards the table but she found out that no one disheveled the files. The room was still spic and span. She was about to pick the piece of paper on the floor when..........

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU SHOULD DIE IN MY HANDS YOU !” Fang Xi screamed as she attacked Ji Lin and choke her from behind. Ji

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” Ji lin was so shocked that the only thing that she was able to do was scream to the top of her lungs. The lights wasn’t so they were not able to see each other’s faces.

 

On the other hand, Xu Qi just arrived and is on his way towards his office when he heard Ji Lin’s scream. He dropped his suitcase and left Butler Wang stunned and quickly rushed towards his office. He was shocked when he saw his door destroyed. He was even worried so he immediately rushed inside and saw Fang Xi strangling Ji Lin. He turned the lights on and rushed towards Ji Lin.

 

“Stop! Yan Fang Xi!” Xu Qi yelled and pushed Fang Xi away as he pulled Ji Lin by his side that made Fang Xi fall on the floor.

 

“Ge!............Ji Lin Jie?!” Fang Xi reacted so shocked. She never expected that the woman that she was strangling is Ji Lin herself. She blinked her eyes a million times to check whether she’s dreaming or not. She was not dreaming.

 

“Fang Xi?” yeah.......it was the only thing that Ji Lin managed to say as she was still holding her neck. It was painful you know.

 

“Ji Lin Jie is that you?! Ji Lin Jie! Ji Lin Jie! Ji Lin Jie! Is this true?! Oh my gosh!” Fang Xi said as she hugged Ji Lin. They hugged each other in circles leaving Xu Qi with a yeah-whatever look on his face.

 

“I am so sorry for what I did! I didn’t know it was you!” Fang Xi continued.

 

“It’s alright.” Ji Lin answered with a light smile.

 

“Well, I guess you should practice to turn on the lights before you strangle somebody. You could have killed her you know. And..........you are to replace the door.”

 

“Oh Shut up GeGe! If it’s not because of your stupid password, I shouldn’t have decided to break the door! And.............Ji Lin Jie, what are you doing here?”

 

“Uhmmm........I am Xu Qi’s secretary.”

 

“.............o_0” Fang Xi gave out a poker face with her eyebrows twitching...... Yeah she was poker faced.......as in....pure poker face......

 

“Fang Xi?” Ji Lin said as she tried touch Fang Xi who was till stunned and frozen with that poker face.

 

“Y-Y-Y-You mean......you were t-t-that woman who was with my brother yesterday?”

 

“What do you mean?” Ji Lin asked in confusion.  

 

“You were that woman kissing with my brother yesterday?!”  

 

Ji Lin’s eyes widened and blushed when she heard what Fang Xi said. She tried to give a reply but a cat caught her tongue.

 

“Wh-----“Ji Lin stuttered, Fang Xi shattered, and everybody was like..... o_0 and Xu Qi was like......yeah-whatever.

 

“So you were that...............WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Fang Xi screamed and ran away. Yeah when she was running along the hallway on her way out of the building, she was still screaming and ............yeah..........When she passed at the main entrance, everybody was like o_0......yeah others even thought that she was crazy or something like that. Fang Xi was gone for the whole day and never showed her face to her brother or to Ji Lin But it was just for that day you know. Not forever.

 

Fang Xi’s POV

 

WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH THAT WAS EMBARRASSING! No wonder my brother was just relaxed and unaffected when he kissed that woman. THE HELL IT WAS BECAUSE THAT GIRL WAS JI LIN JIE! UH I am so ashamed of myself....... My gosh! What face should I show them?! I’m sure my brother would tease me when he arrives home. Gosh! I just arrived from London and now........and embarrassing event welcomed me?! THIS IS DAMN ANNOYING! I even strangled her to death! How cruel of me......HuHuHuhuU AAAAHHHH the next time I plan on killing somebody, I should turn on the lights to see if I got the right target.

 

Normal POV

 

Working time was already over. It was already 7:00 in the evening. Xu Qi sat on his chair in his office waiting for JI Lin. While JI Lin........ she was still fixing something......somewhere....yeah so.......Anyways, Xu Qi let out a big sigh as he bent down and dialed the password in his cabinet and opened it. He reached for the side compartment and got Ji Lin’s picture from it. He stared at it for a moment.

 

“Wu Ji Lin, I am slowly getting you back, and I can’t let anyone stop me. I can feel it. I know that we are now so close to each other. Close enough to continue what we just started.”

 

~Flashback~

 

-Phone Convo-

 

“Hello?”

 

“Xu Qi.”

 

“Dad? Why did you call?”

 

“Xu Qi, you know why I called.”

 

“Dad, I can only tell you one thing. I will not go back to London. Never.”

 

“Xu Qi, you better decide it now or you’ll mom will settle it for you.”

 

*TOOT*

 

“Dad?! Dad?!”

 

-End of Phone Convo-

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Xu Qi’s POV

 

What did my dad wanted to say? Is he trying to say that........ He will make ways to separate me from Ji Lin? My dad’s trying to fight with me? Or is he teaming up with my mom to pick on me. I can’t let that happen. I will fight for everything that I have just to stay with the one that I love. I am willing to risk everything.

 

Normal POV

 

Xu Qi was so into dreamland thinking about Ji Lin that he didn’t notice that she entered his room. She the lights that made Xu Qi shocked.

 

“Xu Qi, what are you doing? Aren’t you going home yet?” Ji Lin asked as she walked towards Xu Qi. Xu Qi immediately slid the picture in his drawer and locked it the moment he heard Ji Lin’s voice, and looked straight in Ji Lin’s face.

 

“Nothing.” Xu Qi answered in a monotonous voice. Ji Lin raised her eyebrow and pouted her lips.

 

“Why is everybody leaving me behind? Why are people keeping secrets from me? It’s so annoying.” Ji Lin pouted as she looked away. Xu Qi cleared his throat as he let out a light smile and tried to explain.

 

“Why are you curious about that? I was just looking for something you know. You don’t have to get angry at me just because I am giving out a secret.”

 

“But it’s so annoying. Seems like I am blind and deaf. Everything’s in front of me and I got no idea about it.” Ji Lin said as she looked straight into Xu Qi’s eyes. Xu Qi stood up and walked towards Ji Lin as he wrapped his arm around Ji Lin’s shoulder.

 

“Aww you dare get angry with me?” Xu Qi said as he attempt to kiss Ji Lin on the cheek.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHH you maniac! Stay away from me!” Ji Lin screamed as she tried to push him away.

 

“Fine. It’s getting late.  I will send you home now. Let’s go home together.”

 

“AH! Never mind! I can go home alone! And.......don’t ever attempt to harass me again! You are so scary! AAAHHHH!!!!” Ji Lin screamed as she struggled to get out from his grip. But it was too tight and she has no sufficient force. Xu Qi let out a smirk as he bent down and lifted her, carrying her in a bridal style.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHH PUT ME DOWN!” Ji Lin screamed and hit Xu Qi for how many times just to put her down but Xu Qi just laughed. He still didn’t listen and left his office while still carrying Ji Lin.  They walked along the hallway in that situation and the people were like....... *_*.......Yeah everybody keeps on staring at them and Ji Lin keeps on yelling and hitting Xu Qi.

 

“Oh my gosh! Is that the Young President and his secretary? So----“

 

“So PDA!”

 

A/N:     PDA    - Public Display of Affection

-people who really show that they are in a relationship or people who show that the person they are with is their girlfriend or boyfriend.

 

“Oh my gosh I can’t believe that they are really in a relationship! Oh my!”

 

“Aww So Sweet!”

 

When Xu Qi and Ji Lin arrived outside, Xu Qi slid Ji Lin inside the car, then speeded away. He sent her home and bid goodbye afterwards. After Xu Qi speeded off, GuiGui meet Ji Lin inside the gate and asked something.

 

“Mom, who is he?” GuiGui asked Ji lin from behind that made her shock. Ji Lin didn’t answer her immediately and fell silent for some moment before she answered her daughter.

 

“U-U-Uh he’s my boss.” Ji Lin answered while stuttering.

 

“(smirk) Wow mom seems like your boss got attracted by you.” GuiGui teased Ji Lin as she snidely smiled.

 

“Oh my gosh Gui, where did you learn that?”

 

“Aww mom, what’s so wrong? It’s not bad to love again after all. I got no daddy anyways.”

 

“Uh just keep your mouth shut and let’s go inside before you catch a cold.”