Chapter 6- Did We Ever Met Each Other?

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

Chapter 6

 

Author’s Note: lines between the asterisks is the characters’ side comments or side thoughts about the situation he/she is in. Hope you don’t get confused.

 

 

September 19, 2005-Monday

Silver-Chrome Dragon Financial Building

Taipei, Taiwan

9:32 A.M

 

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

I never imagined that this day would come. That our company would go down and we have to eat our pride to let it survive. I never wanted to do this but......I have no other choice. I wanted to go back and retreat......but I have to sacrifice. No one would have the time to choose in this type of situation. But what’s making me even nervous, is the moment that I will face my new boss. There are a lot’s of ‘what if’s’ in my mind right now. Like........What if am not that skilled to be one of their business collaborations? What if there are a lots of works and I won’t be able to survive? What if I fail to prove to him that I am worthy?! This really . I can’t help but let out a big sigh as I enter the large building. I guess I am left with no choice...... Okay this is it...............

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin entered the building with a big sigh. She bowed her head down as she entered the door and walked along the hallways. “This building is so luxurious!” she thought as she eyed every single inch of the building. Then, she snapped out to reality when she heard a guy at her back, calling her attention.

 

How may I help you miss?”

 

Ji Lin gasped before she turned around and replied.

 

Uhmmmm..... uh....”

Are you by any chance......Ms. Wu? Ms. Ji Lin Wu?”

uh.... yes.....”

Really? Oh! Mr. President has been long waiting for you!”

Gosh! Really? Am I how many hours late?!”

Oh not a big deal. He said that he never mentioned any indicated time, so he is considering you by now.”

(sigh) Thank god.....”

Anyways, please follow me and I will lead you to Mr. President’s office.”

Really? Thanks!.......Uhmmm”

Yes? You want to ask something?”

Who is the president here? What’s his name.”

Oh that.... I just heard it now. We switched presidents just yesterday.”

Switched? Why?”

Well......it because another large company bought Silver-Chrome Dragon Financials.”

Really? Then----“

Don’t worry, it won’t affect the deal.”

Oh.... so you know the president’s name?”

I’m afraid yes, but I can’t clearly remember it so..... I guess you would have to know it by yourself.”

Well, anyways thanks.”

My pleasure......we’re here.”

Thanks once again.”

 

Ji Lin stood in front of a door with a label on top. ‘President’ She took a deep breath as she looked at the guy a while ago who was slowly fading away. She gasped before she opened the door.

 

The moment she got inside, she saw a black office chair showing it’s back, that she can’t see the president’s face. She stretched her head out, trying to peek on the president’s face but it was useless. She was left with no choice but to start greeting the president to emphasize her existence.

 

(sigh) G-G-Good morning uhmm........Mr....(what the hell is his name?!).....M-M-Mr. President.”

.........”

(just what’s wrong with this dude!) Good Morning Mr.---“

You don’t have to repeat what you just said.”

I’m sorry Mr. President but----“

Quit calling me Mr. President.”

Oh.... but I don’t know your name yet sir.....”

 

The office chair began to move and turn around, enabling Ji Lin to see the person’s face. He is indeed handsome and sits like a professional boss with his legs crossed on top of each other. Her face was like.......-------> o.0 And to her surprise...........

 

(smirk) you haven’t forgotten about me right?”

(gasp) X-X-X-Xu Q-Q-Qi?”<----- stiff, stiff, stiff, stiff

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

I can’t believe what I am seeing right now! Is this real?! Xu Qi is in front of me?! (I miss you! Really!)<------- (Ji Lin’s conscience) Hey! Stop it! Now I am serious!

 

How did this happen?! How come he’s the new president! How come?! I will be working for him?! This can’t be happening! I am just day dreaming! Wu Ji Lin you are just daydreaming! But........... the freakin’ hell!(pinches herself) I AM NOT DREAMING! What if he starts talking to me again?! How will I answer him?! What should I do?! Should I run now?! Hide?! DAMN IT NO! IT WON’T WORK FOR HIM YOU KNOW! AHHHHHHHHH STUPID WU JI LIN! I KNEW IT! I SHOULDN’T HAVE ACCEPTED THIS TYPE OF SACRIFICE! SHOULD I ESCAPE BY BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL AND GET MYSELF TO END UP AT THE HOSPITAL AND PRETEND THAT I DON’T KNOW HIM ALREADY?! YES! THAT’S RIGHT! IT WILL WORK! BUT.....................ONE MAJOR BIG PROBLEM! I----CAN’T----FREAKIN’----MOVE’----MY----LEGS! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! JI LIN FORGET IT! YOU’LL END UP POINTLESS AND TIRED........................ HUHUHUUHUHUH WHAT TO DO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Shoot! He’s trying to start a conversation with me!

 

You call me Xu Qi? Is that how you call your new boss?”

 

*face pound*

 

Huh? Ahh uh-huh?”

Why are you so absent minded today?”

 

*another face pound*

 

Uhmmm me? W----“

Aren’t you supposed to impress me?”

 

*thunder bolt* --------------------Quit bombarding me with such questions! I still haven’t answered any single question of yours! All I did was say “uhmmmmm” and “what?”........... I look like an idiot don’t I?

 

Y-y-yes......I’m sorry...... uh........how may I call you? You don’t want me to call you Mr. President nor Xu Qi right?”

You’re smart..... figure it out yourself. (smirk)”

 

*Now great! He’s turning me into a magical mirror mirror on the wall that answers and guesses all his questions.*

 

I really don’t know......please don’t fool around.”

(smirk)”

 

*Curses! Is a smirk even an answer!*

 

Fine.... I’ll call you Boss.....Is it alright?”

*thumbs up for me! I finally got to speak a whole sentence.Kinda*

 

(smirk) You’ll never guess it.....But anyways.....calling me by name is a bit acceptable so...... you can call me Xu Qi....”

 

*Damn it! I was calling him Xu Qi a while ago and he said that it has some sense of disrespect and now he wants me to call him Xu Qi! Just what is he plotting about?!*

 

Right Xu Q-Q-Qi.”

 

*I think my stomach is being attacked by butterflies whenever I say his name.*

 

Gosh! This is harder than I thought! I thought I already moved on! But..........why can’t I even speak straight whenever I see him?! I can’t even take my eyes off him..... Does that mean that..........no! it’s a long time ago! The feelings are now gone! That shouldn’t be.......................................Anyways......being a representative from our company isn’t that bad after--------------

 

Oh.......and you’re gonna work as my secretary here”

 

*COULD YOU FREAKIN’ LET ME FINSH MY THOUGHTS!? (as if he’s gonna’ hear me) Well, anyways, I will be working in his newly bought company as a secretary and wait.........secretary?........since when?.............and..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What did he just say?! How will I be able to save our company by being a mere secretary?! And what’s worse is being ‘his’ secretary! This is an ultimate double thunder bolt strike for me......*

 

Eh! Are you even listening? Or are you just gonna stare at me for the whole time?”

 

*Shoot! My jaws hardened! No! What to do! GAAHHHH Can’t speak right now!*

 

Quit day dreaming will you? Start your task now.”

 

Well, you! (imaginatively points at him) can’t blame me! I went absent-minded because of you! You poker face!!!! Anyways I can start my task now......Task...huh! task.....pfft! What’s so hard about doing my task?......Wait........Task? Did he just say task? He really want me to be his secretary? Is he really serious? Is this really happening?! Or is this just a nightmare?! Why is everything so fast?! Wh-------- This is so not good. I need to speak....... NOW!

 

Are you really serious?”

You said something? (smile)”

 

*Gosh! His smile is......I don’t know but I gonna admit...it was charming..... I felt like I am melting! It’s been a long time since I......hey! why am I fantasizing him? I am supposed to be cold at him...... I repeat! ‘SUPPOSED’......*

 

Are you really making me as your secretary?”

 

*Yep! I gotta’ ask this.......just in case I didn’t hear his response right.*

 

Yes....got any problem with that?”

 

*Smart guy.......He really wanted me to forcibly let my scattered and shattered brain pieces work!.....but.......that is indeed a question.*

 

What for?!”

 

*Eh! Ji Lin! Why did you scowl at your boss?! He’s no ordinary now! Stupid me!*

 

Shouting Eh? Why ask what for? Paper works of course...... I hate doing them..... I want you to do that for me.....”

 

*Wow..... Now that was an instant face pound...... He wanted me to be his paper slave.......pfft.....lazy mustard monkey......*

 

Paper Works?”

(smile) Yes..... You don’t want that? You are saving your company just by setting your boss’ schedule and submitting papers for him..... Isn’t that too easy on your part?”

 

*What!? Easy!? Just by facing you is a very hard thing to do! I hope I can wear shades or blindfold myself! I can’t even believe up to now that you are in front of me! And talking to me! And making me your paper slave! This is too suspicious. (nods head)*

 

Really?”

 

*I tell you! By the look in his eyes, I know he has something deeper in mind.*

 

(smirk) yes really..... Why? Are you expecting that I am hiring you as my secretary because of my personal desires for you?”

Wha----“

 

Whoah! That was another face pound! He still got those stiffing lines! It immobilizes me a lot! Gosh! Why is he like that! What does he want from me!? Why can’t he let me go?! Why can’t I be in peace just for a while?! Why?!..........Oh no....... why did he stand up and started to walk towards me? Then..........whisper into my ear..... whisper........w----......... WHAT?! WHISPER IN MY EAR?!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL DID HE JUST SAY?!

 

Normal POV

 

Xu Qi smirked seeing Ji Lin froze at what he just said. He knew Ji Lin can’t take those type of lines especially when it strikes her a lot. Toes and thumbs up for Xu Qi! Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo! Anyways, he stood up, went near Ji Lin, and whispered in her ear. He smirked before he muttered his lines. Take note: He smirked...........

 

Well..... maybe hiring you as my secretary is a good way to patch up those years that I have missed you..........or maybe not......... I don’t know.......... let’s just see what happens in the future.........”

 

Then............he left.......just like that...... he just left.........just like nothing happened.............with a smirk on his face.......Dude he really is something........

 

Even me, (points to myself) the author, (nods with an I-know-a-lot-of-things look) don’t even understand why he likes to be calm and cool when.... in these types of situations.... he could do whatever he wanted to do, to express how burdened he felt for the past 6 years!!!!!!

ONE AUTHORLY ADVICE: One great example is to sit alone on a bench on the side of the streets (where a lots of people pass by), and then shout.......”WHY IN THE WORLD?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” (then, when the people gets shocked, and when they look/stare at you, make faces against them like having a monster’s face, or a horse’s face, or even a cow or dog’s face!) I tell you! This really works! I tried this in class while I am taking a quiz.... my head aches so much because I didn’t study the night before and the words and sentences found in the questionnaire keep on banging against my face and gives me extreme punches, to the point that I was about to have a nose bleed scene in class just by facing the questionnaire. Until it came to the peak of my patience and I can’t control it anymore that I have to shout “FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**” (yeah you know the word). Lucky for me, I am sitting at the back that when the teacher heard my scream, he/she (my teacher is a gay) actually thought it was my other classmate who was sitting in front. I know right?! Well, that made me feel better after I shouted but.....I really didn’t mean to shout that word........it just slipped out from my mouth.....I am such a lucky scumbag....Wahahahaha!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAH why am I sharing my embarrassing experience to all of you?

 

Anyways, yeah as I have just said, he just left and turned away like nothing important happened. He left Ji Lin standing at the center of the extremely large room with her eyes wide open, knees wobbling, and glued together; and I tell you......she had an extreme sense of inner peace within that room. (hmmmm......why not try it myself next time?)