Chapter 13- An Ally? or My Number One Enemy

Love Never Goes, It changes From Time To Time

Chapter 13

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin was busy arranging the food in the tray when she heard what the staff was talking about.

 

“Gosh! She so....uh! Why does she have to personally send the young president’s breakfast?! She such a !”

 

“Yeah! I know right! I heard that she seduced the young president!”

 

“Oh My! Is it true?! How despicable!”

 

Ji Lin clenched her fists as she silently listened to what the other workers was saying about her. She let out a big sigh and continued to what she was doing when.......

 

“Hey Miss Secretary, where are you trying to bring that breakfast?” Kira asked in an annoying high-pitched voice. (people, I have decided to name that annoying secretary that Ji Lin met on her first day of her work, the secretary who told her to bow before Xu Qi, and the secretary whom Ji Lin bumped when Alexander appeared at the same time.) Ji Lin faced her with a gloomy face as she avoided Kira’s gaze when she replied to her question.

 

“It’s for the Young President.” Ji Lin answered plainly as she tried to control her temper. Kira laughed in a very silly way and she can feel her stomach ache because of over laughing and she almost cried you know.

 

“Well, perhaps you were trying to drug the Young President!” Kira answered as she hinted the other workers to laugh at Ji Lin. Everybody laughed except for Ji Lin and another person who was secretly listening to their criticism against her. Ji Lin’s eyes glared as she fought back.

 

“Of your more than 30 years of existence here on earth, you still believe that if you drug someone, they will fall in love with you? Are you even scientifically inclined?” Ji Lin stated in an insulting way to make sure that it would strike those sour faced humungganoids. Kira’s eyebrows twitched because she was hit  with what Ji Lin said about their ’30 years of existence’ stuff.

 

“ How dare you! (slap) Are you insulting my knowledge and my............AGE?! And how young do you think you are?!” Kira yelled at Ji Lin with a raging urge to pull her hair.

 

“I am just 27 you know......” Ji Lin answered with a smirk.

 

“Stop it will you?” A voice came out from nowhere. All of the staff members set aside except for Ji Lin, who was still bowing her head holding her cheek.

 

“Manager Tse.” The staff greeted as they bowed their head down. Alexander walked towards Ji Lin’s side and stared at her (even though Ji Lin was not looking at him) then gave out a glare towards Kira.

 

“And what do you think you’re doing? You are staining other else’s reputation. In other words, you are also staining the company’s name. Don’t you know that?” Alexander bombarded Kira with such disagreement to what she did to Ji Lin. Kira just bowed her head down and refused to answer; but Alexander’s glare was too hot that......she was forced to defend her side.

 

“Manager Tse, I was just trying to lurk out the truth from her.” Kira answered in an arrogant way. Alexander’s eyebrows met, showing a sign of confusion.

 

“Whatever that truth is, I don’t care. It’s not right to stain each other’s name just because you thought that what you were thinking is right. You are spreading an issue about her and the President  having a relationship. When it reaches the Big President’s ear, all of you will be fired including this woman over here. (points at Ji Lin.)” Alexander explained in a serious cold voice. Kira apologized so as with the other staff. Ji Lin let out a big sigh and carried the tray. She bowed at Alexander before she left. Kira and the other staff left after Ji Lin left. As for Alexander, he just stared at ji Lin as she disappeared from his sight.

 

Alexander’s POV

 

This Wu Ji Lin, she is somewhat interesting huh.......I wonder if she’s the one whom I am looking for. Is she really the one that I am intended to find when I came back here in Taipei?

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin entered Xu Qi’s office with his breakfast on her hand. She looked around to see that Xu Qi was not yet done taking his bath. She placed the tray in Xu Qi’s table and started to arrange his table. (which is really full of papers and papers and papers and papers again.........yeah........papers). She saw a piece of colored paper where Xu Qi’s schedule for that week was written.

 

“Whoah...........so hectic...........” Ji Lin muttered when she saw Xu Qi’s schedule. She didn’t notice that Xu Qi was already at her back.

 

“Pretty amazed huh?” Xu Qi interrupted Ji Lin from her thoughts. She ji Lin was startled. She turned around to face Xu Qi and let out a nervous smile.

 

“Uhmmm........I was just looking at your schedule and also......trying to arrange your table.” Ji Lin explained. Xu Qi stared at her with such caring eyes. Ji Lin looked away trying to look innocent. Xu Qi narrowed his eyes.

 

“What happened to your face? Why is it red?” Xu Qi asked with a plain expression on his face but with a hint that he was worried in his voice. Ji Lin rolled her eyes trying to make up a reason and finally ended up with a lame reason.

 

“uhmmmm.......I-----“

 

“Who slapped you?” Xu Qi cut Ji Lin as he brushed Ji Lin hair from her cheeks trying to take a better look at the reddened part of Ji Lin’s face.

 

“N-N-No! Why are you thinking that somebody slapped me?” Ji Lin answered hysterically and pretended that she was fine, but Xu Qi poked her damaged face that made Ji Lin jerk in pain.

 

“Ouch.....” Ji Lin muttered as she removed Xu Qi’s hand. Xu Qi let out a smirk and interrogated Ji Lin even more.

 

“See?..............So tell me.........who did that to you?”

 

“No one.........” Ji Lin denied.

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Curse that Kira! So harsh! She was not contented with the rumors that she was spreading! She also slapped me! Oh well~ I guess that’s what old people do to the one’s younger to them. So shameful..........Now great because of her strong slap, it left a mark on my face, and I have to lie to Xu Qi in order to answer his questions. If only I am not a good person, I should have shouted her name when Xu QI asked me for the first time. Huh!

 

Normal POV

 

“Was it Kira?” Xu Qi guessed. Yeah it was just a mere guess but he made it right. Amazing right? I hope you didn’t forget that Xu Qi and Ji Lin are geniuses. Ji Lin shook her head and frowned. Xu Qi let out a big sigh and shrugged his shoulders then let out his final statement before he took his breakfast.

 

“Well if you’re not telling me, I’ll get the answer on my own.” Xu Qi finally said then ate his breakfast as he started to scoop a spoonful of chicken porridge and stuck it inside his mouth. Minutes after he digested his first spoonful of porridge, he asked Ji Lin something.

 

“Why chicken porridge?” Xu Qi asked as his eyebrows narrowed and seems like really interested to know the answer. Ji Lin smiled sheepishly as she tried to let out her explanation.

 

“Uhmm......because it’s one of the foods that you will surely eat.........Right?” Ji Lin said shyly as she blushed.

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Gosh! Why did he ask that question?! I can’t possibly tell him that I got that from stalking him when we were still in high school!

 

Normal POV

 

Xu Qi smiled and shrugged his shoulders as a sign of agreement then continued eating. After some moment, another question popped in Xu Qi’ s mind.

 

“How many teaspoons of sugar did you add in my coffee?” Ji Lin’s eyebrows raised, but still........she tried to figure out an answer.

 

“2.” Ji Lin answered plainly.

 

“Why?” Xu Qi quickly followed as he looked at JI Lin straight in her eyes that gave her more pressure and tension.

 

“Not too sweet nor too bitter?”  Ji Lin answered uncertainly.

 

“How do you know?” Xu Qi immediately followed up.

 

“Why do you ask?” Ji Lin asked nervously.

 

“Because I just wanted to.” Xu Qi answered sarcastically as he plastered an evil grin on his face.

 

“uhmm......because...........” Ji Lin mumbled.

 

“Because?”

 

“Fine! IgotitallbecauseIwasstalkingyouwhenwewerestillinhighschool!”  Ji Lin said breathlessly. No pause, no comma, no periods! As in like......in a flash! Anyways, Xu Qi just smiled and continued eating that made Ji Lin sigh in relief. They just remained like that for some moment when suddenly..........Xu Qi stopped and started to massage his head. Ji Lin felt awkward at first, but later on, she realized that there is indeed something wrong. She went near Xu Qi and asked him.

 

“Xu Qi............are you alright?” Ji Lin asked as she slightly tapped Xu Qi’s back. Xu Qi stopped acting weird and looked at her with a smile, but Ji Lin could sense that his smile was hiding a great pain inside. What pain could this be?

 

“Yes I’m alright.” Xu Qi lied. Ji Lin’s face got even worried and insisted to let Xu Qi tell her what’s wrong.

 

“Xu Qi, does you head hurt? I will do anything you tell me just to make you feel better.” Ji Lin offered in a caring soft voice. Xu Qi shook his head, but Ji Lin’s facial expression is still insisting. Then finally, Xu Qi gave up.

 

“Fine........What if I tell you to go back to me and marry me? Will you still do that?” Xu Qi asked in a hesitant voice. Ji Lin’s eyes widened and fell silent for a moment. She bowed her head and mumbled.

 

“Maybe..........” Ji Lin mumbled softly but Xu Qi was not able to hear it because somebody came in and reported something to him. And the looser who interrupted them was Butler Wang. Yeah Butler Wang........I have always thought that as the author, Butler Wang would be a great help but.......to top it all, he was just a major Gate Crasher!!!!!!!!WWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH  Because of you! (guys, this phrase was a title of a song) JOKE! Butler Wang, please don’t put grudge on me, because you were still once helpful.......I repeat...........Once helpful. Butler Wang entered the room and bowed in front of  Xu Qi  before he started speaking.

 

“Young President, I am sorry to distract your conversation, but you are going to have an emergency meeting right now.” Butler Wang informed with a plain dull expression on his face. Xu Qi stood up from his chair and replied to Butler Wang’s message.

 

“Is my presence badly needed?” Xu Qi asked in a weak voice.

 

“Probably, because the meeting will be about you.” Butler Wang answered.

 

“You don’t say..............” Xu Qi retorted with an annoyed look on his face as he prepared to go out and readied his things. He looked back at Ji Lin who was still avoiding is gaze.

 

“Forget what I told you a while ago.” Xu Qi finally said then walked away.

 

Xu Qi’s POV

 

Shoot! Why did I ask her that? Why did I ask her about me marrying her?! Am I really this stupid in love?! Now how will I face her again? What if she thinks that I am just playing with her again? That I am using her once again? And with this headache, I’ll probably won’t gonna make it right.

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Just what is happening with Xu Qi? I know that he still likes me but.........why did he suddenly ask that question? Because of that stupid question, I am again.......... bugged to death..................And the worst part was...................I ANSWERED HIS QUESTION WITH MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (inhale) (exhale) then does that mean that.....................after all these years................I still really love him?................GGGGGGGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HELL THIS IS BUGGING ME TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!......................so what if I still like him?.............He already had a son.............probably it was his son..............with another woman.................It’s now too late for me to grab him back.............Well that’s life..........I chose this................so I need to face this............ alone.................

 

~At the Meeting~

 

Normal POV

 

When Xu Qi arrived at the scene, everybody stood up and bowed before him............. (even though they’re like...............decades older than him) well except for Alexander.........To tell you, Alexander’s attitude is somewhat like Xu Qi’s right? So to top it all, if Xu Qi is arrogant, then Alexander is his fair rival. So yeah Alexander didn’t bow before him and blab then Xu Qi proceeded to his personal seat (the president’s seat duh!......which is located at the end of the table.) and the meeting started. A young man with nerdy glasses in a formal suit stood in front and went directly to the point of the meeting.

 

“(clears the throat) So Young President, I’ll go straight to the point. This meeting was called because of an emergency deal that you need to attend. That deal will include a 1 week business trip.” The young man stated.

 

“So?” Xu Qi stated arrogantly. Alexander clears his throat and caught Xu Qi’s attention. Alexander replaced the young man in front and explained the whole thought in details, in an arrogant way of course.  Whoah! Clash of the arrogant people............I mean hot people...............

 

“It means that you will be gone for 1 week. On that 1 week that you will be gone, I will handle all your responsibilities in this branch for a while you take care of that big deal that you will be attending.” Alexander explained in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone of voice. Xu Qi just looked at him with an unconvinced look as he placed his feet on top of the table that insulted Alexander the most.

 

“So..........................what will happen if I don’t go to that deal?” Xu Qi retorted with a smirk on his face. Alexander let out a pissed look on his face and answered Xu Qi’s question.

 

“Well it would only show that you are not worthy to be the President here and that I should replace you if you don’t want this company branch anymore.” Alexander answered back in a slightly angry and pissed off voice. Xu Qi laughed at Alexander and started to give his fight back.

 

“Replace me? (smirk) I can even give this company branch as a gift to you, but you can never be as awesome as me; please remember that.”

 

“Are you insulting me? Are you saying that I don’t have the standards to do it?!” Alexander raised his voice.

 

“Don’t be so pathetic dear cousin. I never mentioned your name. Are you that affected with what I said?” Xu Qi retorted back in an arrogant voice that made Alexander even angry.

 

“So what are you plotting about huh?!” Alexander said as he smacked his hand against the table. Xu Qi shrugged his shoulders and stood up preparing to head towards the door; but before he left, he stated his final decision.

 

“Fine. I’ll go. Even if I don’t  want to, I still don’t have any other choice...........Do I?” Xu Qi finally said then left the meeting room. Everybody fell silent when Xu Qi left and Alexander was say wut........ he got  embarrassed and was clenching his fists really hard.

 

Alexander’s POV

 

Damn that guy! Why is he so ever confident and arrogant?! Just what’s wrong with his attitude?! Why is it that he always know my weak points when we argue?! Of all people, why is he the only one that could embarrass me in front of others?! Why Xu Qi? Why do I have to lose in the hands of my mortal enemy?

 

Normal POV

 

Xu Qi just walked calmly with Butler Wang behind him. Butler Wang keeps on blabbering about meeting stuffs, schedule stuffs and the like, but all Xu Qi gave him was............awkward silence. But even though Xu Qi was not answering him, Butler Wang still continued to state about those..................whatever languages. After minutes of Butler Wang blabbering about those whatever things, Xu Qi suddenly stopped walking at turned to face him.

 

“Butler Wang, when am I leaving?” Xu Qi asked in an irritated voice.

 

“This afternoon at 12:30.” Butler Wang answered thoughtfully. Xu Qi just rolled his eyes and continued walking until he reached his office. It was empty. Ji Lin was not there. The only people inside was him and Butler Wang. Xu Qi sat down on his chair and closed his eyes; but he suddenly noticed that Butler Wang still didn’t left him. He opened his eyes again and raised his eyebrows at Butler Wang with a why-are-you-still-stalking-me look on his face. Then, after some moments of stupid silence between these guys, Butler Wang started to open a conversation.

 

“Young President, I got something important to tell you.”

 

“Spill it out.........after all, whatever you say seems so important for you.” Xu Qi answered with sarcastic tone.

 

“I’m serious Young President. What I am about to say is important.” Butler Wang said in a serious tone. Xu Qi rolled his eyes and prepared to listen.

 

“Fine. Speak.” Xu Qi finally said. Butler Wang nodded and began his lines.

 

“Young President, you know very well, that you really have to go to London. Your mom needs you there at this time. And I know that what’s holding you back is not because of the responsibilities that you might not be able to handle while you’re away, but it’s because if Miss Ji Lin.” Xu QI’s ears were triggered when he heard Butler Wang’s statements. His eyes widened when he heard Ji Lin’s name and scowled at Butler Wang.

 

“What are you plotting about?!” Xu Qi raised his voice at Butler Wang. Butler Wang cleared his throat before he started speaking again.

 

“I am sorry to offend you Young President. But what I was telling you is, you have to let go of Miss Ji Lin as early as now. If not, you never know what the people around you mi-----“

 

“WHO ARE YOU TO DICTATE ME?! SO WHAT IF I WON’T LET GO OF JI LIN?! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?! TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME AGAIN?!” Xu Qi cut Butler Wang as he stood up with glaring eyes . Butler Wang backed off with a startled expression on his worn out face.

 

“uhmm.......calm down Young President. What I am trying to do was help you.” Butler Wang said while stuttering. Xu Qi calmed down and turned to him.

 

“What do you mean?” Xu QI asked in a more calm voice.

 

“I don’t wish to tell you about this right now but I guess I have to warn you. You know how your mom thinks right? She gets everything she wants. What I am worried about is.........Miss Ji Lin. You know she is such a fragile person to be treasured; but what if the Big Madam (Xu Qi’s mom) would discover that Ji Lin was the one holding you back? I’m afraid that the Big Madam might do some harm to the young lady. In my opinion, if you don’t want Miss Ji Lin to be in trouble, you will let go of her and go to London to comply what the Big Madam needs from you. ” Butler Wang answered while still stuttering. Xu Qi looked at him with deceiving eyes.

 

 

“What’s your decision Young President?” Butler Wang asked Xu Qi.

 

“I’ll think about it after I arrive from that stupid deal..............you can take your leave now.” Xu riposted as he signaled Butler Wang to leave him alone. Xu Qi let out a big sigh and got his phone. He dialed a certain number and started to make a call.

 

~Phone Convo~

 

“Hello.”

 

“Yes Young President?”

 

“Come to my office now. I have something for you.”

 

“Yes Young President. Right away.”

 

~End of Phone Convo~

 

 

Xu Qi’s POV

 

                Should I believe on Butler Wang? I mean............I know Butler Wang has been loyal to me. We had plans together that he never told my father and remain in between the two of us for years. But what if..................he’s not on my side this time? What if dad told him to look after all my movements? What if he really is spying me and just told me those things to waver my decisions? What if he is one of mom’s plan? One wrong move, and I will be doomed. I don’t want Ji Lin to be hurt or to be in trouble, but I also don’t want to let go of her. Huh life.

 

Alexander’s POV

 

The Big President (Xu Qi’s dad) asked me to eliminate this adorable and likable lady? This woman, who’s not hard to love and get along with? Should I take her away from Xu Qi while he’s away? But what if I fall in love with her accidentally? It’s been years since I had my break up. Should I love again?

 

~Flashback~

 

“Alexander, I am sorry but I can’t be with you and being dishonest.”

 

“What are you saying Xia Rou?”

 

“I am breaking up with you.”

 

“But why?!”

 

“Because I can’t stand on pretending that I love you when in fact I don’t.”

 

“Why? Do you love somebody else?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Yan Xu Qi......and I am already his fiancé.”

 

“Xu Qi? My cousin?”

 

“Yes.......I’m sorry Alexander.”

 

“Xia Rou!”

 

“We’re through Alexander. I’m sorry.”

 

~End of Flashback~

 

If I will take Ji Lin from Xu Qi, it would serve as my revenge for him for taking Xia Rou from me. I’m sure it would hurt him much. (smirk) I have decided.............I am taking Ji Lin from Xu Qi.

 

 

Normal POV

 

“I am taking Ji Lin from Xu Qi” Alexander mumbled.

 

“You are taking what?” Ji Lin butted in as she entered Alexander’s office. Alexander was startled because he didn’t knew that ji Lin was in his room  and immediately stood up when he heard Ji Lin’s voice behind his back.

 

“Uhmmm......I said I am taking....taking my responsibility on this company because.......Andrew will......will leave today.” Alexander stuttered as he tried to adjust in the situation.

 

“oh~ well, you are asked to proceed to the lobby before Xu----I mean Young President takes his leave.” Ji Lin managed to answer Alexander, who was busy staring at her with...........an awkward feeling. Ji Lin bowed before she left the room leaving Alexander in total relief.

 

“That was close.” He managed to say. Alexander then left after some minutes and proceeded to the lobby. Stupid right? He was almost caught! I thought he was as smart as Xu Qi? Ha! He would never be Xu Qi’s rival.

 

~At the lobby~

 

Normal POV

 

All of the workers were lining up at the lobby including Alexander, who was standing beside Ji Lin. When Xu Qi was already out, everybody bowed their heads down except for Ji Lin and Alexander. Yeah obviously. Xu Qi proceeded walking and stopped when he reached Ji Lin’s position. Xu Qi stared at her for some time. Ji Lin let out a why-are-you-staring-at-me look on her face. Xu Qi then smiled at Ji Lin as he gave her a wink before finally walking away that made Ji Lin blush even more. When Xu Qi passed by Alexander, he looked at him with a smirk while Alexander gave him a glare. Xu Qi then finally left and went inside the car as it speeded off towards the airport. Everybody went on with what they are doing and everything fell silent after Xu Qi left.

 

“Where is Xu----I mean, where is the Young President exactly heading?” Ji Lin asked Alexander with a curious tone of voice. Alexander looked at her and smiled as he answered her question willingly.

 

“He’s going to Shanghai, then he will proceed to Hong Kong, and after one week, he will go back here.” Alexander answered comprehensively as he flashed a light smile towards Ji Lin. Ji Lin nodded and then turned her back to go back to Xu Qi’s office as she mumbled something.

 

“Xu Qi, you just left; but why do I miss you right now? I don’t know how to start this awkward day yet.” Ji Lin said to herself. Alexander slightly heard her.

 

“Did you say something?” Alexander confirmed. Ji Lin’s eyes widened as she faced Alexander.

 

“N-N-No.....It was nothing..........I’m going now.......Bye....” Ji Lin stuttered as she left with a smile.

 

“Bye....” Alexander bid as he looked at Ji Lin who was slowly disappearing from his sight.

 

Alexander’s  POV

 

This Wu Ji Lin, she is simple, pretty, cute, and simply adorable. Her smile is mesmerizing and enlightening. Her voice is soothing to the ears, and her eyes projects every positive thing that you can think of. Xu Qi got caught in her magic. Does that mean that I will be caught too? Does she really have the ability to lure somebody’s attention just by the look in her eye? Such a perfect lady. I wonder how she hooked out Xu Qi’s attention in the first place. Oh well............her beauty makes it easier for me to fall in love with her and take her away from Xu Qi.

 

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin quicken her pace as she left the lobby hoping that Alexander didn’t really hear what she said. It would be embarrassing you know?! When she reached Xu Qi’s office door, she immediately went inside and locked the door behind as she leaned her back against it and let out a big sigh.

 

“That would be too embarrassing if he heard it.................I don’t want that to spread........” Ji Lin muttered as she slowly cuddled herself on the floor. She let out a big sigh and stood up as she walked towards Xu Qi’s table. She fixed the scattered papers placed on his table. She piled the papers and decided to place it under his drawer but unfortunately, the drawer has a password. A 6-number password.

 

 

Ji Lin’s POV

 

Poor Xu Qi. He has to face these scary papers in his table every day. He is indeed a guy. So messy. Let me keep these things for you. (about to place the papers in the drawer.) Eh? A password?  And it’s all..............numbers................Hmmm................I think hacking passwords using numbers is not that hard after all................let my try................wait...................if this password is a number, then it must have a pattern...........could it be his birthday and his age?.........let’s try it....... 07-11-28.............*BEEP* no? Not his birthday or his age?...............hmm...........my birthday...........wait......people out there, I am not being such a feeler but..........I was just trying you know.......... 01-04-27.........*BEEP* Eh? Still no? Then what?! What’s the password............Maybe it’s.........the first day that we met...........Wait....try to remember it Ji Lin...........remember, remember remember...........12-18-96......... *TING* Yes! It worked! And.........he still remembered the day we met and even used it as a password..........I never knew he was such a sentimental person.

 

Normal POV

 

Ji Lin opened the drawer and placed the important papers inside. She closed it again, and stood up. She stared at Xu Qi’s table then she looked at Xu Qi’s chair. She smiled and plopped herself in Xu Qi’s chair like a little kid sitting on her own sofa.

 

“I can smell Xu Qi’s scent in his chair......It smells so fragrant......” Ji Lin thought as she closed her eyes and without knowing, she already fell fast  asleep on Xu Qi’s chair.

 

~1 hour passed~

 

Normal POV

 

Alexander knocked on the door, but since Ji Lin was sleeping on Xu Qi’s chair, she didn’t hear it. Obviously. Alexander knocked several times but...........yeah whatever it was hopeless. Nobody answered. So Alexander decided to get inside. The moment he was inside, he saw Ji Lin sleeping peacefully on Xu Qi’s chair. He walked towards her and stared at her intently.

 

“Your face is so angelic.” Alexander muttered as she brushed Ji Lin’s fringes away. Ji Lin suddenly moved and opened her eyes so Alexander backed off a little. When Ji Lin saw Alexander staring at her sleeping face, her eyes widened as she started to cover her embarrassment.

 

“Uh-uh-uh Mister Alexander! I am so sorry! I am not skipping my work as you might be thinking! I---“

 

“Eh Eh Eh you don’t need to get startled. I was just here to invite you for lunch. But then I saw you sleeping so I decided not to wake you up.”

 

“Is that so? I’m really sorry. But...........why are you inviting me?”

 

“Because Xu Qi is not here anymore then you don’t have anybody to eat with.”

 

“H-H-H-How do you know that I eat with him every lunch?”

 

“It’s easy you know. He lets Butler Wang send two trays of food for him every lunch. One tray always has strawberry flavored gelatin with Japanese Ramen. He never eats gelatin and Ramen which means it’s for someone who always stays with him in his office. And besides, the staff is mad at you right? It’s not that hard to trace.”

 

“Oh..........really..........”

 

“Really. Now............are you eating with me or not?”

 

“I would like to but...........what if the staffs would think something evil again and spread rumors.”

 

“Just let them be. They will get tired anyways.”

 

“But----“

 

“Just don’t mind them alright?”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Alexander and Ji Lin left the room hand in hand happily. They went to a luxurious restaurant.  Of course at first Ji Lin was shocked. How was she supposed to pay all those expensive stuffs that she will eat right? So yeah it was Alexander’s treat guys. They ate happily and if you would look at it at a different angle, they looked like couples. Yeah couples. Meanwhile, from a distance, they didn’t knew that a pair of keen eyes were looking at them. Each move that they make would be seen and will be remembered.

 

“Let’s go.” Alexander said as he tugged JI Lin.

 

“Ok.”

 

Alexander and JI Lin smiled at each other. *uh! I hate Alexander.* Just then, Alexander stared more keenly at Ji Lin. Ji Lin got insecure with Alexander’s looks on her.

 

“Eh........why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“uhmmm......it’s because of this.”

 

Alexander wiped JI Lin’s lower lip with his thumb. Ji Lin’s eyes widened and her face was like  0_o. Yeah she was embarrassed. Really embarrassed.

 

“Uh-Uh-Uh I-I-I am sorry!”

 

“No it was alright.” <----- *Damn this Alexander! Quit being so......uh! Never mind.*

 

“You could have just told me........”

 

“No it was really alright. You don’t have to take it seriously.”

 

After Alexander said his last line, he smiled and pinched Ji Lin’s cheek. Ji Lin blushed as they went out of the restaurant together. And also, they rode in the same car. Damn you Alexander  you pathetic maniac! Ok whatever. So yeah that was what happened that day. They went to the restaurant together. And to make it short, I am going to tell you a really big stupid revelation. Joke! Anyways, seriously guys. So, mainly, Alexander takes Ji LIn out more often and there were even times that he would give Ji Lin a ride home. Yeah each passing day, they were feeling more comfortable with each other. Yeah benanah......they didn’t even remember that actually, someone was looking at them from behind. They were so intimate in their sweet moments that they totally became dense and didn’t notice that. Oh yeah benanah....... And so, they grew more closer together that they didn’t notice 1 week flew so fast.

 

~Some hotel in Hong Kong~

 

Normal POV

 

So yeah here it goes. Xu Qi was staying in this famous and expensive hotel in Hong Kong. He was on the bed typing something on his laptop, when his phone suddenly rang. Obviously he picked it up and answered the call.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Young President. The whole week, Young Master Alexander was taking her out and sends her home every after work. She was not certain about why Sir Alexander is doing this, but she just had a go with the flow effect.”

 

“Say it straight.”

 

“Miss JI Lin is innocent if it is true that she didn’t knew Sir Alexander’s real motive. After all, Sir Alexander was the one who started to flirt with her while you’re away.”

 

“Alright. Thanks for telling me.”

 

 

Xu Qi’s POV

     

Alexander? Taking Ji Lin out? Damn it! Why didn’t I notice it? That Alexander adds up to my burdens! This--------(head suddenly ticks in pain.) uh! And also this headache helps a lot! How will I suppose to solve things when this head------------(had ticks again) AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! DAMN IT! DAMN THAT ALEXANDER!

 

 

Normal POV

 

So yeah! Xu Qi will be back now! 1 week’s over! Dun dun dun dun! What will happen to Alexander and to Ji Lin? Ok fine here it goes people. So when Xu Qi went out of the car, everybody lined up in the lobby and bowed when he passed by except again for Ji Lin and Alexander. But this is weird! He didn’t look or pay attention to Ji Lin but instead, he stopped in front of Alexander with a cold expression while glaring. Alexander glared back too. After glaring at each other, Xu Qi proceeded to his office and everybody separated in their own tasks and continued what they are doing. Before fully turning his back, Xu Qi heard Alexander bid goodbye as he tapped Ji Lin’s shoulder. Ji Lin replied with a soft goodbye and a light smile that made Xu Qi even angrier. As Alexander passed by Xu Qi, he let out a smirk and then walked away. Xu QI continued walking and Ji Lin followed him to his office with Butler Wang behind them. When they were already inside the office, it was awkward. Really awkward. Xu Qi just sat down his chair and didn’t even talk. He was silent all the time while busy writing some stuff. Ji Lin too just remained silent and decided not to bother Xu Qi with what he was doing. After minutes of being like that, Xu Qi suddenly stopped and accidentally dropped his pen. Butler Wang and Ji Lin looked at him startled because he was starting to look pale and he was holding his head with both of his hands indicating that he was feeling pain.

 

“Young President!” Butler Wang managed to say.

 

“Xu Qi!” Ji Lin screamed in horror as she went near him. But Xu Qi flings her hand away from him. Ji lin fell silent and shocked. Butler Wang suggested that Ji Lin should go with him towards the Yan mansion to take care of him and Ji Lin did as what she was instructed to do. Inside the car, it was still silent. Xu Qi was taking a short nap. Ji Lin was just staring at him, and was thinking about the time when he flings her arm away.

 

                When they arrived in the mansion, some maids helped Ji Lin accompany Xu Qi in his room. There, Xu Qi lay down in his bed and tried to sleep. Ji Lin went near him to touch his forehead but he flings her hand away again.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Xu Qi scowled at Ji Lin

 

“But.............Xu Qi you are having a high fever........” Ji Lin retorted back.

 

“ I don’t care! I don’t need you!” Xu Qi yelled.

 

“ but you need to feel well!” JI Lin reasoned out.

 

“It’s none of your business! Go away! I don’t need you!” Xu Qi demanded.

 

“Why are you being unreasonable?!  Why are you acting like that?! Why are you being angry at me?!” Ji Lin yelled back. Xu Qi got up and stood in front of Ji Lin with a mad expression.

 

“YOU’RE ASKING ME WHY?!”

 

“I REALLY DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!”

 

“WELL IT’S BEACUSE OF YOU!”

 

“ME?! WHY IS IT ME?!”

 

“YOU’RE FLIRTING WITH THAT ALEXANDER WHILE I’M AWAY!”

 

“ALEXANDER?! I WAS NOT!”

 

“YOU ARE! YOU GO OUT TOGETHER AT LUNCH AND HE SENDS YOU HOME AFTER WORK! HOW DO YOU CONSIDER THAT?! FRIENDS?!”

 

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!? ARE YOU JEALOUS?!”

 

“YES I AM JEALOUS! SO WHAT IF I’M JEALOUS! I HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL LIKE THAT! YOU KNOW YOURSELF THAT YOU LIKE ME BUT YOU ARE FLIRTING WITH THAT GUY!”

 

“I NEVER SAID I LIKE YOU!”

 

“YOU DIDN’T BUT I CAN PROVE IT!”

 

“YOU’RE CRAZY!”

 

Ji Lin was about to turn away but Xu Qi caught her arm and before she knew it, they were already kissing each other. She tried to push Xu Qi away but..........yeah......it was hopeless so she just ended up kissing Xu Qi back. Xu Qi broke the kiss and Ji Lin stared straight into his eyes. Xu Qi pulled JI Lin for a hug.

 

“I know you still love me and you can never deny that.” Xu Qi whispered in Ji Lin’s ears.

 

“So what if I still love you.........it’s not important anymore. You have to rest now and wait for the doctor.” Ji Lin answered, trying to escape from the conversation.

 

“I don’t want to sleep because you might be gone when I wake up.”

 

“I won’t. I promise. I will stay with you until you get well and do whatever you say.”

 

“ Even if I say that you should sleep beside me?”

 

“Sleep beside you? You’re not------“

 

Before Ji Lin could even finish her sentence, Xu Qi pulled her and let her lie down beside him. Ji Lin struggled but he was hugging her too tight. Minutes after that, Xu Qi fell fast asleep so as with Ji Lin. They both fell asleep in each other’s embrace. When the doctor arrived with Butler Wang, he was shocked. He woke JI Lin up but when Ji Lin was about to stand up, Xu Qi wrapped his arms tighter at Ji Lin not wanting to let her go. Ji Lin’s eyes widened and blushed really hard.

 

“Don’t touch me.” Xu Qi muttered with his eyes closed. Butler Wang whispered something to the doctor and after that, the doctor let out some suggestion.

 

“Young President, Miss Ji Lin will be the one to take care of you. She is going to get your temperature. Will you let her go for a while?” The doctor stated with a snide smile on his face. Ji Lin’s eyes widened when Xu Qi agreed and let her go. The doctor gave Ji Lin the apparatuses. Ji Lin touched Xu Qi’s forehead before taking his temperature.

 

“Xu Qi, you’re forehead is so hot. You are badly sick.”

 

“It’s because of you. I’m so stressed about you dating Alexander. Blame yourself.”

 

“What? I told you I am not dating Alexander.”

 

“If it’s really true, give me one reason why I should believe you.”

 

“Because..............I don’t want to get involved in a relationship again. I don’t want to get hurt anymore.”