Chapter 9

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

HEYHEY~ IT'S FRIDAY ^^ bahahaha. :3 ohheyguys. this chapter is introducing...

*drumrollllllll*

THE YADONG COUPLE. lololol (I'm so sorry, I'll start Woogyu in a few chapters? .___.) I'm gradually easing them into the storyline, so don't worry, they'll be mixed in more ^^

Groggily, Hwayoung dragged herself to school. She’d spent the past four hours getting yelled at by her father after he came home at around 5 in the morning from a staff meeting that ‘took forever’.

               She’d, by accident, told him that she was helping a student in the school who was being bullied and didn’t have any friends. Yes, her father had let her go after that, but her guilt didn’t. How dare she call Sungjong, whether or not if it were true, a victim of bullying and a pure loner. She didn’t have the right to do that after the way she’d treated him.

               Worst of all, she wasn’t in the mood to face the rest of her ‘friends’. All she wanted to do was pull Sungjong out of class, run away to some park, and sleep. That seemed like the best idea that she’d had in a while.

               As Hwayoung pulled herself into the classroom, she vaguely watched as Jiyeon jumped from her seat and ran over to her, the rest of the girls watching her as if she was crazy.

               “Hwayoung! I need to talk to you!” Jiyeon exclaimed happily, grabbing Hwayoung’s arm as she pulled the older girl outside the classroom.

               Hwayoung didn’t see much as she was lugged out, but she could tell that Sungjong wasn’t in class yet.

               “You wanna know what happened? You wanna know what happened? You wanna know what happened?” Jiyeon asked excitedly, jumping up and down as she played with the other girl’s hand.

               Hwayoung desperately wanted to say no and go back into the classroom, throw her bag on the ground, and go to sleep. But that wasn’t too possible with miss Park Jiyeon, the self-absorbed “I’m-all-that” herself.

               “Yeah?”

               “Myungsoo told me that he liked somebody. He told me that he liked somebody!” Jiyeon nearly screamed.

               “…What? When was this?”

               “Yesterday! He brought me into the classroom with Sungyeol, and Sungyeol Oppa told me that Myungsoo liked somebody! Myungsoo was just sitting in the corner sulking, but whatever. He likes somebody!”

               Ah.

               So basically Jiyeon was telling her that Myungsoo liked Jiyeon. Ha-ha-ha-ha, that girl sure was funny.

               “Then…why…” Hwayoung didn’t finish her sentence after seeing the knowing look on Jiyeon’s face.

               “Myungsoo told me that you knew who the person was!” Jiyeon giggled. “So? Just go, it’s okay. You can tell me that he likes me now, you don’t have to be a good friend and keep the secret.”

               Oh for the love of Christ. Nice plan they had, just push everything on Hwayoung. Why did she have a gut notion that Sungjong had told them to do this?

               “Hey, actually,” Hwayoung started, getting an idea. “You shouldn’t ask me, I don’t know 100% - even though it’s probably you! It’s just, there’s somebody better to ask who’s had a first person perspective on Myungsoo and his crush..”

               “What?” Jiyeon’s eyebrows furrowed. “Who?”

               “You know…that kid, the one that sits in the corner of our class….?”

               “Who?! Do you think I have the time to look around at some nobodies?!” Jiyeon’s ‘mean’ meter popped up a ton now that she was aware that there could be a somebody else classified as ‘Myungsoo’s crush’.

               “Oh, I’m sure you know him.” Hwayoung fought back a grin, continuing on with her plan. “Lee Sungjong.”

               Jiyeon had to stop herself from gagging and vomiting all over the hallways. “ Oh my God, that freak?! The gay kid? How would he know?”

               “I wouldn’t call him gay if I were you,” Hwayoung said, almost immediately regretting it afterwards. “But I’ve heard rumors around the school that he’s accidentally eavesdropped on Myungsoo’s conversations.”

               Watching the terrifying look on her dongsaeng, Hwayoung turned around and walked back into the classroom. She’d expected to get a little peace in her mind, but when she heard the bell ring and Sungjong wasn’t there yet, she was beginning to get worried.

 

“Hey…Sungyeol…can I talk to you?” Hwayoung asked nervously, carefully interrupting Sungyeol and Soyeon’s conversation.

               Just as Soyeon was about to shoot a look of disgrace and spit at Hwayoung to leave, Sungyeol said, “Yeah, sure. Soyeon, give us a minute, will you?”

               Hwayoung watched as her ‘friend’ backed away to Dongwoo, Hoya, and Qri in another corner of the gym.

               “Where’s…Sungjong?”

               Almost immediately, Sungyeol’s face fell. “I was hoping you wouldn’t ask that.”

               “Why? What happened to him?”

               “If you were too caught up with only noticing that Sungjong was missing, is anybody else not here today?” Sungyeol asked, pulling her elbow to another corner of the gym, far away from everybody else.

               “Who – oh.” Hwayoung groaned inwardly, cursing herself for not realizing that Sungyeol’s other half was missing. “Myungsoo? What happened?”

               “Well…” He had an uncomfortable look on his face, but continued anyway. “Last night, Myungsoo and I went out to eat after he sent his parents off for their business trip. We kinda bumped into Sungjong, and he looked…well…how he always looks. Lonely.”

               All of a sudden, Hwayoung’s adrenaline was building up and she couldn’t do anything but gape at Sungyeol. “And?”

               “Myungsoo…first, Hwayoung, I need to say sorry. I tried telling him, just keep that in mind. Basically, my boyfriend had to be an idiot and say that he knew a guy that was probably as lonely and discriminated as Sungjong, and…and they’d look cute together – don’t kill me just yet! And this morning Myungsoo and Sungjong met up to ditch school and…went to hang out with the guy. I didn’t go because I was against it, to be honest…”

               “Why?” Hwayoung asked, surprised at how hallow her voice sounded. She wasn’t even sure what she was curious about…as to why Sungjong would even go on a date with the guy, or why Sungyeol didn’t know.

               Sensing that she was distressed, Sungyeol chose to answer the second question. “Because I’m not an oblivious guy like Myungsoo is. You don’t know how long it took him to realize that I liked him and he was bi, but let’s not talk about that right now. To sum it up…he was an oblivious idiot.”

               “…Why?” she asked again, everything around her all of a sudden clouding up.

               “I’m sorry, Hwayoung,” Sungyeol gulped. He patted her shoulder, trying to get her attention. “I tried telling him…I tried reminding him that you were there.”

 

“Oh my God, that took long enough,” Hoya groaned, turning a corner around the school.

               “Seriously,” his boyfriend agreed. “I didn’t think they’d ever leave us alone…like, what the freak, please understand that I don’t like you back.”

               “She didn’t like you in the first place, hyung.”

               “Oh, she totally likes me. Did you see the way she blushed after I caught her?”

               “No, I caught her. You just stood on the sidelines and asked if she was okay.” Hoya stopped a second after saying this, taking the time to look over at Dongwoo. “Wait, are you telling me that you like her?!”

               “What? No! I just said that –“

               “Then why’d you ask her if she was okay? You just told me you thought that she was annoying.”

               Rolling his eyes, Dongwoo clasped onto Hoya’s free hand that wasn’t holding onto a water bottle, and dragged him the other way. “Sometimes, I don’t know whether to like your easy jealousy or hate it.”

               “Aww, you know you – wait…” Hoya stopped, looking at the figure sitting before him. “Hwayoung?”

               Looking up from playing with her feet, Hwayoung stood up right away. “O-oh. Hoya. Dongwoo. Thought…thought you guys were with the others.”

               “We were,” Dongwoo answered, his voice laced with worry. He’d always had this urging feeling of protection for Hwayoung, because he (along with all the other guys of Infinite) knew that she wasn’t exactly…favored in her group.

               Hoya tried to walk over to her, but stopped, realizing that he and Dongwoo were still holding hands. They glanced at each other, dropped it, then looked back at Hwayoung.

               “I was just, you know, tripping a lot and Dongwoo hyung had to hold my –“

               “Don’t worry, I don’t mind,” Hwayoung waved away, sitting back on the bench. “I don’t know about the others, but I don’t give a crap about your ual orientation.”

               Before Dongwoo could ask why, Hoya had walked over to her. “Hey…what’s wrong with you all of a sudden? You’re usually really sweet, and you don’t –“

               “There’s one week in the month where I’m allowed to be crazy, you know!” Hwayoung barked, pushing Hoya’s hand off of her shoulder. She stopped a second later, realizing what she had just done. “Ugh. I’m sorry. Sungyeol’s bad mood’s been getting to me lately.”

               “Sungyeol’s in a bad –“

               “Don’t you guys start with me, too. Myungsoo’s not here, they’re together, of course Sungyeol’s gonna be in a bad mood, alright?”

               Hoya felt his heart stop for a second, staring at Hwayoung. “How did you –“

               “I’M NOT AN IDIOT, THAT’S WHY.”

               After a few seconds of silence, Dongwoo tried speaking up again, his voice cracking. “Then…where’s Myungsoo?”

               “He’s – off,” Hwayoung huffed, grabbing her bag and standing up, “hooking up people that don’t need to be hooked up!”

               She gave one last apologetic look at the newfound couple, and stormed away.

 

“I – I should probably get going now,” Sungjong stammered. “Myungsoo’s off buying things for Sungyeol, and he told me to call him an hour before school ended. We need to get back.”

               The other boy smiled, nodding. “It’s alright. I understand…I had a lot of fun today, Jongie!”

               Sungjong laughed, recalling the walk along the park, the movies, and the outing at the mall. “It was totally awesome! We should…go on another date sometime.”

               “I’m glad Myungsoo hyung introduced us,” Ren said, his smile getting bigger by the second. “I was beginning to think there wasn’t anybody like me around here…”

               Sungjong let himself laugh again, reaching into the younger boy’s pocket and taking his cell phone. He added in his number and handed it back, saying, “Text me, okay?”

               Nodding, the blonde haired beauty, often mistaken for a girl (like Sungjong; something they bonded over. They were joking about how one day, the two of them were going to be asked if they were lesbians), backed away and walked off, waving at Sungjong.

               Sungjong wanted to throw himself into a pit of cotton candy, he was just that happy. He’d been so popular, he could say “text me” two days in a row, just a few seconds ago to Ren, and yesterday to…Hwayoung.

               Oh crap.

               Hwayoung.

               And to make it even worse, he didn’t even have Hwayoung’s number to apologize to her.

 

WHATHEYSO HOW'D CHA LIKE ITTTTTTTTT. I was debating over Taeminnie or Rennie, but I had to choose Ren because he looked more like a girl XD

Hwayoung T_________T if you're going to ask me if she has a crush on Jongie, idk yet. let's wait, shall we? but it seems as if Yeollie got a head start ;D

keke~ so comment, you guise ^^ tell me how the story's going so far, give me some pointers, and tell me your approves and disapproves ^^ I ONLY GOT 3 COMMENTS LAST CHAPTER D': I'm hoping that at least y'all are reading the story, right? :3 XDDDD thanks, though~!! 

SO BYEBYE! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND♥

omfg and i got this totally awesome new mouse so i don't have to murder somebody everytime i try to click on something.