Chapter 26

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

who missed me omfg WHO MISSED ME<3 hahaha, i'm honestly so sorry you guise! ;___; it's been such a long time, you're allowed to kill me now :) but like you know if you were originally neglecting this story anyways, then uh lol sorry you hafta read another chapter? i'll elaborate on the bottom a/r ^^

“You didn’t tell her?”

                Sungjong gave the older boy a side glare, then away. “You know, it’s something that I don’t really like going around telling everybody.”

                “It’s not…I mean…nobody knows?”

                “And nobody needs to know, okay? So can we keep it at that?”

                Zico was dumbfounded for a minute, awkwardly fiddling with his hair before coughing. It was such a different person than Sungjong had seen before, but he honestly wasn’t the least bit surprised.

                “Can I just who you around the school now?”

                “It’s not like you want to –“

                “It’s a favor for Hwa, so I will,” Sungjong interrupted before continuing to walk, leaving the older to trail behind.

                There was a scoffing sound, and Sungjong somehow knew that the was back.

                “I thought you said not to call her Hwa?” Zico asked sarcastically. The other let out an exasperated sigh before rolling his eyes and turning around.

                “Look, I never said I couldn’t. She just doesn’t want you to, alright? And while we’re on the topic of Hwayoung, can you please lay off her? She doesn’t like you, and I’m pretty sure she’s already made that clear. Seriously.”

                “Well you obviously don’t know girls,” Zico snorted. “Besides, you don’t know how Hwa thinks –“

                “I already told you, don’t call her that.”

                “Dude, seriously, I can call her whatever want. Some acting like such a protective little , honestly. Who do you think you are?”

                “Seriously, Zico, Hwayoung’s my –“

                And that’s when it struck Sungjong – he couldn’t say that out loud. There wasn’t any way on earth he could actually tell Zico that Hwayoung was his girlfriend. If he knew anything, it was that his childhood friend was able to bond with anybody, fit with any group, and become popular within a few hours.

                Who else was popular? The QUEENS. Meaning that those es and Zico had to meet up sometime, and if Zico knew that Hwayoung was dating Sungjong then…nothing would work out in the end.

                “…Hwayoung’s your…?” Zico trailed off, standing there and waiting for a frozen Sungjong to finish his statement.

                “My classmate,” Sungjong rushed in. “In fact, forget everything you saw earlier. I don’t know Hwayoung at all. We just talk once in a while. That’s it.”

                “…What? Are you okay –“

                “I’m fine. Just…forget it, okay? Call her anything you want, go all out. It doesn’t really matter to me anyways.”

                Zico gave Sungjong another weird look, then said, “Um, are you sure you’re okay –“

                “You probably want to know where the bathroom is before you start school, let me show you!” Sungjong cheerfully evaded as he grasped the sleeve of Zico’s uniform blazer (notice that he was aware not to have skin-to-skin contact) and pulled him towards the direction of the restrooms.

 

“I can’t believe you’re dating Kim Myungsoo.”

                Hwayoung stared at the girl before her, blinking up and down before asking, “Do I know you?”

                “I can’t believe you’re freaking dating Kim Myungsoo!” she repeated as if she hadn’t heard Hwayoung’s question at all.

                “Okay, um…first of all, I don’t know who you are, and second of all, I don’t really know what I’m supposed to say back because that wasn’t technically a question…” Hwayoung faltered a bit towards the end, cowering at the glare the shorter girl was giving her.

                “You’re dating Kim Myungsoo!” the girl accused, stepping back to give Hwayoung a random “WHAT NOW?”

                “Okay, yeah, um, can you please get away from me?” Hwayoung tried saying, raising her eyebrows and flicking her right index finger. “You’re kinda scaring me. Just the slightest bit.”

                “Well, your face scares the entire school!” the girl lamely tried snapping back.

                “Okay, this is where I stop,” Hwayoung said to herself, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. She shifted to the right and walked straight as to avoid the random student but to no avail, because then she was pulled into a random room by –

                “Jiyeon,” she breathed out, holding her chest as she breathed heavily.

                “What the was that?!” Jiyeon screeched, turning on a light as she closed the door shut. The students all outside didn’t seem to notice a thing, whether or not that was good or bad.

                “What the was what?” Hwayoung asked, not sure what exact terms they were on. “Because as much as I remember, that past conversation had nothing to do with you –“

                “Oh my God, I didn’t think you would actually…” Jiyeon stopped with a sight, putting a hand to her face and staring up at the ceiling. “Okay, look, I decided to give you one last chance and for some ty reason I decided to ask Sungah, Lord knows why. But I didn’t expect you to just walk away because –“

                She groaned, then looked up and down at Hwayoung. “Why the would he go out with a piece of like you for?! How about me? I’m right here, and I’m obviously so much more gorgeous!”

                Hwayoung let out a sound of disbelief, not sure whether to start screaming at the or resolve this calmly – but Sungjong always told her, never fight fire with fire. It was stupid and besides, her boyfriend was always right anyways.

                (Okay fine, not always, but hey. Sungjong’s her boyfriend, she’s allowed to have delusional thoughts.)

                “I’m not dating Myungsoo, you happy?!” Hwayoung spat out. “Because for one thing, he’s dating –“

                She stopped, her eyes wide as she shook her head. No, what the , how could she even think of telling Jiyeon that Myungsoo and Sungyeol were dating? The would burst – no, the entire school would burst.

                “I mean, I’m –“

                She halted once again, closing her eyes. She couldn’t say anything to Jiyeon about her and Sungjong, either. That would ruin everything she’d been trying to hide, and she couldn’t just say it outright like that without Sungjong’s permission.

                Hwayoung could see the look of Say something before I shoot you, sewn on Jiyeon’s face, and she gulped. For the first time all day, she was actually scared.

                I’m sorry, Sungyeol. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

                “The thing is,” she started, saliva still crowded in , “Myungsoo really likes you. Like, really likes you. And then after you kissed him the other night – yeah, he kinda told me – he kinda flipped out a bit and didn’t know what to do or what to say. So this morning he tried talking to me, and when you came…he didn’t really have the guts to do anything…so he just...started going all out on you.”

                Jiyeon gaped for a second, then an impossibly bright smile appeared on her face. Hwayoung wasn’t sure if she was supposed to feel proud for lying and hiding up all four of their secrets, or even proud that she’d successfully lied to the queen herself. Instead, the only thing consuming her was pure guilt.

               

Sungjong was alone in class during lunch when Hwayoung had finally come in – which was a big shocker to him because he’d thought she’d ditched him completely for the rest of the school day.

                “Hey boo,” she said with a sad smile as she seated herself in the desk in front of him, turning around to face his table.

                “What’s wrong?” he asked, his face scrunching up as he ruffled the top of her neatly made hair.

                For once, she didn’t try to stop him and force his hands off her hair. Hwayoung kept her pout on, laying her arms down to put her chin on top and look up at her boyfriend.

                “Everything’s wrong. Absolutely everything.”

                Forcing all thoughts of Zico out, Sungjong said, “Myungsoo told me what happened during the dance.”

                “Yeah. That.” And not caring about her makeup either, Hwayoung lay her face down into her arms and sighed deeply.

                “Hey,” Sungjong tried, nudging the side of her left arm. When she didn’t get up, he took a cookie and pushed it against her slightly revealed forehead. “I’ll give you a cookie if you look up and tell me what happened.”

                Hwayoung’s face slowly came into view before opening her lips, and Sungjong broke off a crumb to put into .

                After chewing and swallowing, Hwayoung finally told him about what had happened earlier this morning with the most broken and forlorn look on her face.

                “And then all noon, she just dragged me around looking for him…” Hwayoung’s face went back into her arm, and she made a strangling sound. “What do I do now?”

                “How about you don’t worry about them for now?” Sungjong suggested. He took a hand and gently pushed her hair to the back of her head, sighing alongside her. “What’s been said has been said. Myungsoo’s never going to like her, so there’s no point. Even if you lied. Either way, she would’ve gotten her heart broken.”

                Hwayoung shrugged, agreeing with her boyfriend. “Maybe…and speaking of not worrying, what happened with Zico this morning?”

                “This morning? Oh…he just…I don’t know,” Sungjong admitted. “I did tell him to forget everything, though, and I’m not sure if that’s what you wanted.”

                “Forget about everything?”

                “You were being slightly too touchy this morning to pass it off as ‘just classmates’, but I think he was too busy staring at your face to realize it.”

                Hwayoung laughed for the first time in the entire day, shaking her head as she came closer to Sungjong. “ Zico, he’s too manly to fall in love with.”

                “You were actually considering falling in love with him?!” Sungjong shrieked in incredulity. “I was just about to kiss you, but I’m seriously rethinking it right now.”

                “Hey, I fell in love with you. I think after that, anything’s possible,” Hwayoung admitted. “But fine then, I’ll just go kiss you instead –“

                “Noooo!”

                And needless to say, the rest of their lunch period consisted of a quite enthusiastic girl attempting to seduce her boyfriend, who just resulted with his only weapon –

                (that certain weapon would be stated but to be honest, he didn’t really have anything on his girlfriend so yeah, he kinda did lose.)

 

this was the first thing i wrote as a 17 year old, feel proud you guise <3

(all while i sit here and feel old, omfg)

BUT OKAY IF YOU READ THE STORY MESSAGES I did in fact write this entire chapter already, a loooong while back, but then my laptop crashed on me and i lost everything. (i type fast so nothing really gets autosaved besides the first few sentences tbh)

if zico seems bipolar in the beginning that's because of above ^^ i wrote them on completely different time periods so the first time i had an entire plan, but the second i was writing on an entirely different plot but i didn't want to delete what had already been written before, so i didn't...ahahaha...

well yeah that's probably it...there's a lot more to this story, so if you're getting sick of it, you might have to unsub c; 

i'll update more when i get my new laptop okay. well no, only if it has a nice keyboard (the downside of ordering laptops online; can't test them out..).

<3 love you, thanks for sticking with me for the past months^^ ily~

and if you happened to miss the hwajong oneshot that i wrote when jongie's man in love teaser came out (LOLOLOL HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT EVEN) here it isss~ :

There's Just This Thing With You and Me (and kittens too. definitely kittens.)

okay bye es :) ily! sorry~ have a great rest of the week tho :)

[[c:11]]