Chapter 20

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

super, duper short but I'm pretty satisfied with this chapter :)

“JUST KISS ALREADY!” Sungyeol screamed into the window a second after Sungjong’s half confession.

                “YAH!” Myungsoo yelped, grabbing the back of his boyfriend’s collar and shoving him where neither of them were visible from the window. “What on earth are you doing?!”

                “So we ditch school and come all the way here to, like, what? Stand there and eavesdrop on them nitpicking each others’ little white lies? Seriously, what –“

                Myungsoo instantly clamped his left hand over Sungyeol’s mouth, doing everything he could not to slap the tall boy. “Shut up! They can hear you, you know!”

                Sungyeol murmured something into his boyfriend’s hand before successfully prying Myungsoo’s arm off of him, saying, “Then good! They –“

                “Honestly, hyungs, you guys are horrible.”

                Myungsoo stood up straight right away, getting rid of any physical connection with the choding. “He’s horrible, not me.”

                Sungjong raised his eyebrows, closing the door behind him as he jumped down the first few porch steps.

                Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol walked over to Sungjong and held a tight grip on his shoulders. “We both know you heard me right there –“

                “Yeol, I think the entire neighborhood heard you.”

                “Your commentary isn’t needed, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol snapped, turning his head around for a split second to glare at his boyfriend. He turned back to Sungjong and picked up from where he had left off, before the annoying jerk interrupted him. “Look, okay, Hwayoung has liked you for a lot longer than you might think, a lot longer than Ren has, that’s for sure. She really does care a lot for you, and Myungsoo was an idiot when he couldn’t see that she liked you and hooked you up with Ren – wait no, you were an idiot too, for that matter, but that isn’t too important because Myungsoo’s always the bigger idiot – so anyways, you get what I’m saying, right?”

                Although Sungjong idly shook his head, Sungyeol took it as a “yes” and shoved the small boy back inside.

 

“Oh!” Hwayoung slightly screamed when she saw Sungjong randomly come up from outside. She stood up from the couch, biting her lower lip. “Sungyeol’s…how do I say this…is a bit more than just embarrassing.”

                “No, he’s…” Sungjong stopped again, not sure of what to say. He stepped a bit closer, but then stepped back again, as if scared to come closer to her.

                It scared him because he actually did want to kiss her when Sungyeol had randomly screamed that idea through the window. He wasn’t supposed to be attracted to girls, he was supposed to be attracted to boys.

                Nevertheless, it was true. Everything he said, every word that had flown oh so delicately from his mouth. If he did have a choice (and this being his life, he did), the only girl he’d ever have a crush on, to take a step further and call her his girlfriend, would be Ryu Hwayoung.

                “Sungjong…?” Hwayoung asked softly, stepping a bit closer to him. “Are you okay…?”

                He took another gracious step back because, for one thing, he had a boyfriend. It wasn’t like Hwayoung was going to make a move on him, he knew that she wouldn’t dare to break any couple up, but because he knew he couldn’t stay loyal.

                As if sensing that he didn’t want her to come near, Hwayoung stayed were she was and allowed Sungjong to speak.              

                “If I…if I did ask you out,” Sungjong swallowed, “if you did become my girlfriend, if we did get together…you wouldn’t ever leave me, right? You’ll stay with me? No matter what happens with your…no, not your friends, with the rest of the es. You’ll…you’ll love me for who I am, right?”

                He didn’t know if he was being selfish or not, he didn’t know if any of the crap that he was saying even made sense. All he knew was that Hwayoung was stepping away from him, away.

                But she was smiling.

                She picked up an object that somewhat resembled a cell phone, slowly pressing a few buttons on it before looking up expectedly at Sungjong.

                He waited a few moments before a very, very familiar ringtone blared from his back pocket. Without a second thought coming through his head, Sungjong pulled it out to see who was calling him.

 

Don’t Worry

 

                He looked back up at Hwayoung, knowing that she of some sort had something to do with all of this.

                She took a quick step forward, not ending the call. The stupid lyrics of ignorant heartbreaks coming on were ignored as Hwayoung’s smile got larger.

                “I’ll always be here.”

 

YAY. 20 CHAPTERS LATER AND THEY CONFESSED~ the random stalking Myungyeol in the beginning because, okay, about two comments (and that's a lot considering how little comments this fanfic gets D:) were like "just kiss already" so I was like. heh. yeah. that sounds like something our beautiful choding Yeollie would force them to do.

bahahaha I don't know if this is coming to an end soon or if Rennie's gonna go beserk and plot twist, he's actually a vampire that bites Sungjong because our lemon boy broke his heart and then an entire new fanfic will immerse out of that.

no I'm kidding LOL. I honestly don't know if this is gonna end soon or if a random Zico appears and decides that he wants Hwayoung and plot twist kills, Sungjong and then the school explodes and everybody dies.

I'm kidding guise kidding. I was thinking of doing a Myungyeol~Myungyeon fluffy spin off to this a while ago where Myungyeol are their happy, ignorant selves and Jiyeon's an oblivious , but then I realized that nobody would even read it so I didn't LOL.

anybody wanna add their own plot twists. It's very fun. I'll take some into consideration OuO 

OKAY THEN LONG A/R IS LONG SO BYEEEE~<3 hope you had a great day ^^ 

[[c:9]]