Chapter 3

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

;_; apologies all around for not updating yesterday~ D: LOL I HAVE 7 SUBS ON THIS ALREADY. OHMYEFF. I WAS ONLY EXPECTING AT MOST 5 BY THE END. YA'LL SUPPORT HWAJONG, YA HEAR ME?♥

Snap. Clap. Hit. Snap. Clap. Hit.

               “OHMYGAWD CAN YOU STOP THAT?!” Sungjong shouted, sick of the noises the oh-so-bored Hwayoung was making.

               She didn’t say anything in return, just stopped, then groaned. Her forehead hit the edge of the table as she stared down at her all-new Gucci [A/N: Let’s pretend there’s a Gucci in Korea.] shoes. “There’s…nothing…to…do.”

               “If I talk to you, will you stop acting like the totally sadistic person you are?”

               Hwayoung’s head shot up and she nodded intently. “Yes! Finally…geez. So. Anything about you? What’s your name? Lee Sungjong, right?”

               “…Why do you want to know so much about me?”

               “I’m just curious.”

               “Well, I don’t really want to tell you anything,” Sungjong sighed.

               Thinking for a second, Hwayoung finally said, “Hey…why…why don’t you have any friends?”

               “Friends?”

               “Yeah.”

               Sungjong stared at her, trying to figure out if the girl was making fun of him or truly oblivious to her surroundings. “You mean why people hate me so much?”

               “People hate you?”

               Oh God, she really was ignorant.

               “Right? Isn’t that the definition of having ‘no friends’?” Sungjong spit out bitterly. He refrained the urge to scratch out his eyeballs with a fork when he saw the girl’s ‘apologetic’ face.

               “No – I mean, I just…never mind.”

               “No, it’s fine. Just be like all your other friends and hate on me. Not like I really care anymore, do I?”

               Hwayoung’s eyebrows furrowed and her mind started to overfill with some worry. “What…no. At least tell me, Sungjong. Why do people so-called ‘hate you’?”

               Was this girl for real?

               Sungjong rolled his eyes, then said, “They all think I’m gay.”

               “You…you’re gay?”

               “Who knows? Might as well be, right?”

               “But…so…you like girls?”

               What.

               Coming a bit closer to her, Sungjong bit back another laugh. “No. Being gay means you like guys.”

               That confused look again. “What? No, no. Being gay means...wait, what?! No, you like girls. Because you’re a girl. You only like guys and are gay if you’re a guy.”

               “You’re on the right track…”

               Nearly a split second later, Hwayoung’s eyes widened. “Oh.”

               Sungjong gave her a cross look, slowly and sarcastically clapping his hands. “Good job, Hwayoung Noona. You got it.”

               Hwayoung squirmed in her seat, not too comfortable with her – wait, no, him calling her ‘Noona’. “You…you’re a guy?”

               “Took you a while, didn’t it?”

               “But…you…wait. That’s why they hate you?” A gross look overcame Hwayoung’s face. “Seriously? That’s so stupid of them to.”

               “Stupid?” Sungjong laughed harshly, his head tilting back. “It’s not stupid. All of your friends are perfect little girls, are they not? They don’t approve of me.”

               Hwayoung stayed silent a bit and was about to say something to him when she felt somebody grab her back.

               “What –“ She froze, a mechanical smile appearing on her lips. “Oh. Hey, Hyomin.”

               From behind her, Hyomin shot Sungjong a nasty look, then looked back at her friend. “What’re you doing here with this freak? C’mon, Hoya accidentally threw a basketball out the window. We need you to talk to the Gym coach. You know how unbelievably costly those stupid glass windows are. And we don’t want our Hobaby paying for it.”

               Hwayoung suppressed a snort as she stood up, pulling her bag on her shoulder. “I got it.”

               Sungjong watched, watched carefully as the girl walked away with the other brat. Right – just when he’d thought a little differently of her.

               He was about to stand up and walk away, but he’d stayed back a few seconds too late, a few seconds later to hear Hyomin whisper to Hwayoung, “And stay away from him. Those kind of people have…diseases.”

 

HoGod, I would love to see how you react to Myungyeol, Woogyu, and YaDong then >.>

Was reading The Help. (school project, 'yo~) and the discrimination sickens me. WOOHOO~ THANK YOU FOR READING :D WILL PROBABLY UPDATE, LIKE...THURSDAY? :) ♥