Chapter 22

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

Fairly short, but meh :)

“I knew it. I knew it. I told you, I knew it!”

                Myungsoo just raised his eyebrows, laughing a bit at how insane Sungyeol had been sounding for the past few hours. “Yeah. You sure told me, alright.”

                “Who told you? I told you. I told you!” Sungyeol laughed a bit to himself, then sighed. “I’m so happy, Ren’s finally heartbroken!”

                “…You’re…happy that he’s heartbroken?”

                “Happy?” Sungyeol tilted his head a bit, shrugging. “That means that nobody to bother Hwayoung and Sungjong, right? I know Ren. He won’t go all drama-berserk. Besides…”

                “Besides…?”

                “My brother, he just got a new friend in his baseball team. Don’t worry, Daeyeol isn’t gay. Either way, his name’s Baekho, and I swear, he’s perfect for Ren.”           

                Myungsoo stifled a laugh, shaking his head. “The last time I said that, we ended up pairing the wrong people up.”

                “Well, duh, ‘cause you’re always wrong,” Sungyeol snorted, hitting the top of his boyfriend’s head. “I’m always right. And besides, if Ren’s happy with somebody, he won’t be torn over Sungjong, right?”

                The other just held his breath, nodding. “Okay…whatever you say, Sungyeol. I would die trying to argue with myself anyways.”

                Sungyeol’s eyes fled to the door, the direction where Myungsoo was just looking towards. “But of course, we still have a stupid in our way.”

 

“Hey…”

                “What?” Sungjong huffed angrily, scribbling a few more words onto his worksheet.

                “I’m bored.”

                “You’ve been saying that for the past hour, you know that? I still need to finish my homework.” He wrote the last sentence, then turned the page to the next problem.

                “We still have half an hour before school starts,” Hwayoung insisted, looking at the school clock set above the whiteboard. “Besides, I doubt anybody’s gonna come in a long time.”

                “Why are you even here?”

                “Um, because, my dad’s the –“

                “Not at school, you idiot, right here.” Sungjong erased a mistake, then looked up at Hwayoung, who had forced him over fifty miles to share half the seat with her.

                “Can’t I spend a little time with you?” Hwayoung pouted.

                “…What if somebody comes in?”

                “So what if somebody comes in!” She threw her hands in the air, but that obviously backfired and she tumbled to the ground.

                Despite the worried thoughts going through his head, Sungjong could only snort at the disbelieving sight of Ryu Hwayoung, toppled off the chair and on the ground.

                “You’re a horrible boyfriend, I hope you realize that.”

                “I’m amazing, just admit it.”

                Hwayoung groaned a bit, not caring if she was laying on the ground. “…The ceiling’s really dirty. Dad should get somebody to clean it.”

                “Mhm, why don’t you go and clean it right now?” Sungjong suggested, turning back to finish the rest of his God-darned homework.

                “I’m Ryu Hwayoung, and Ryu Hwayoung does not clean things. You should know that.”

                “…I do, I’ve seen your room before,” Sungjong laughed, evading Hwayoung’s foot in the air that was about to kick his stomach.

                Sungjong pleaded again for Hwayoung not to kick him, but she just shook her head and continued pushing her foot further in, all until they heard voices start coming through the door.

                “ – And then Jiyeon told me that Myungsoo said to her that – Hwayoung? What’re you doing on the ground? Are you okay?!”

                With wide eyes, Sungjong watched as Hyomin came rushing over to Hwayoung’s side, Eunjung close at foot.

                Hwayoung, on the other hand, just looked over at Sungjong and her eyes screamed to him, The is worried about me. Should I be worried?

                “I’m fine, I’m fine,” she still said, grabbing a hold of the edge of a desk to pull herself up. “I just tripped on myself, that’s all.”

                Eunjung sent a suspicious glare at Sungjong’s direction, but then turned back to Hwayoung. “What are you doing here?”

                “…Well, I came early, and there wasn’t really anything to do.”

                “…So you stayed in here alone, with him?” Hyomin hissed, very well aware of the fact that Sungjong was still sitting right there.

                “Who, him?” Hwayoung asked before turning the other way and pointing at Sungjong. “Yeah. We talked for a while.”

                “…You guys talked?” Eunjung gaped while Hyomin shuddered, all as if it had been the grossest thing either of them had ever heard.

                “You didn’t hear?” Feigning innocence, Hwayoung flipped her hair and said, “He knows who Myungsoo likes. Jiyeon even talked to him.”

                Eunjung just rolled her eyes, bringing her arms up to cross them. “Psh, we already know who Myungsoo likes. It’s been all over the school…it’s so obvious too, I’m honestly wondering why they hadn’t said it ages ago. Seriously!”

                “Yeah, totally,” Hyomin continued, “it’s so obvious that he has this thing for Jiyeon. He’s just shy, all the popular boys are like that.”

                Sungjong, sitting in his little corner, truthfully felt like he wanted to barf up blood.

                I like Jiyeon, said half of the male population nobody in their sane mind.

                “Sungjong.”

                Tilting his head up at the familiar voice of his girlfriend, Sungjong asked, “Yeah?”

                “It’s Jiyeon, isn’t it?” Hwayoung’s fake voice was on, that suspicious, I-told-you-so voice that nobody but Sungjong could manage to figure out. “The person Myungsoo likes. It’s Jiyeon.”

                He wanted to laugh, watching as Hyomin and Eunjung seemed to inch the slightest bit closer. “…Why would you want to know if you already know?”

                Hwayoung’s face went blank for a good minute before nodding, digesting the information. “There you go!”

                “I knew it!” Hyomin squealed. “It’s Jiyeon! She’s gonna be so happy when she hears this!”

                Eunjung freaked out along with her, the two of them walking towards the door at the same time. Her smile faltered a bit and she looked back at Hwayoung, then at Sungjong.

                “You coming, Hwayoung? We got the information out of him, just leave him alone. If you keep hanging out with the person, people are gonna think you guys are friends, or something.”

                Although she didn’t finish, Hwayoung could still feel the rest of her ‘advice’ lingering around in the air.

                And you’ll be permanently kicked out of the QUEENS.

                Sungjong cringed, watching as Eunjung took the last few steps and walked out the door, slamming it shut. He expected Hwayoung to go running away, running back because that was what she was supposed to do.

                “es will be es,” Hwayoung snorted right away, walking back to the desk next to Sungjong’s. “I was thinking, how about we go get ice cream after school? With Myungsoo and Sungyeol, too? I bet they’re going to have a long day when they get through the interrogations and cheating accusations.”

                “…You…but…they…”

                Hwayoung shrugged, bloating up her cheeks before blowing the air out. “es will always be es, I told you that. So am I, except now I’m your . So I’m not going anywhere without you.”

                The only thing Sungjong could do was laugh at his girlfriend’s stupidity, something he now knew he’d have to keep up with. “Whatever, just stay quiet enough for me to finish my homework.”

                Leaning over the desk, she stared at the paper and asked, “Is the homework hard, or are you just stupid?”

                “No, you’re just distracting me.”

 

YOU GUISE ARE MY ES OKEY.

no I'm kidding LOL sorry. I'm continuing the story, how does that sound? :3 

would you guise prefer more drama or pure fluffiness of Hwajong for the next billion chapters or so? 

BUT HOLY CRUD DID YOU GUISE SEE I DON'T WANNA SPOIL IT FOR YOU BUT CHECK THE HWAJONG TAG BOTH NORMAL AND M RATED STORIES HONESTLY YOU GUYS DO IT. I'm gonna cry happy tears right now because I AM NOT ALONE.

(this is the part where, if I was a superhero, I'd, like, stand on top of a mountain cliff thingy and shout it out.)

YOU SHOUT IT OUTTT. BUT I CAN'T HEAR A WORD YOU SAY. is that how the song even goes. I don't know.

I'm just blabbering now aren't I. pwahahaha, well, bye!<3 happy Thursday. I have my finals for science tomorrow, kill me now .________.

[[c:7]]